• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Incredibly Random Request

The HBK-Angle match is already a straight up five star classic in my book, so the WM25 match would have to be absurdly good to pass it. That HBK-Angle match is second only to HBK-Jericho for greatest Wrestlemania match ever in my book. I cannot express how much I love that freakin' HBK-Jericho match, I mark out like a ten year old every time I watch it and squeal with delight every time Jericho spurns HBK's handshake.

your gonna slaughter me for this, but I ve never understood why everyone juices themselves over that match.

I need to really watch it one night. Every time ive seen it, it was always playing in the background. Im not saying it isnt great, I just see so many people calling it one of the best of ALL time. Ill have to watch it again this weekend (er..my weekend...)

Hey everybody's got their favorites, but I'd definately say you should give it another chance with 100% of your attention. That match holds a special place in my heart partly because it was the first time in years that I had gotten so caught up in a match that I felt like a kid again, marking out and cheering on HBK. I don't think I've felt that way about a match since either. Any match that has me cheering like I was a kid again watching HBK-Austin at WM 14 live is top notch in my book.

I tend to go with X fear in thinking Jericho vs Michaels was better then Angle vs. Michaels. Hell, I'll take Angle vs. the Undertaker from No Way Out over Angle and Michaels. Still, Michaels vs. the Undertaker knocked a fucking grand slam out of the park. Best Match I've seen in years, if not match of the decade, no shit.

Cena vs. Youmanga was a giant turd, I've never understood the love that match gets.

I tend to go with X fear in thinking Jericho vs Michaels was better then Angle vs. Michaels. Hell, I'll take Angle vs. the Undertaker from No Way Out over Angle and Michaels. Still, Michaels vs. the Undertaker knocked a fucking grand slam out of the park. Best Match I've seen in years, if not match of the decade, no shit.

Cena vs. Youmanga was a giant turd, I've never understood the love that match gets.

well yea, me too. Becuase its the best match maybe ever. top 5 for sure.

I'm going to have a hard time with my WWE match of the decade, I think I have my top 7 so far

Benoit vs. Angle (Royal Rumble 03)
Taker vs. Michaels (Mania 25)
Taker vs. Angle (NWO 06)
Michaels vs. Angle (WM 21)
Michaels vs. Jericho (WM 19)
Michaels vs. Triple H (SS 02)
Triple H vs. Steve Austin (NWO 01)

Match was epic. Two years of hype, and still had the place eating out of the palm of their hands.

The NorCal wasnt eating out of the palm of their hands. I do less laying around than that when I have a free sunday afternoon in my PJs

Sorry Norc's, but I take the 65,000 people that were markign out when the Undertaker barely made it back to the ring at the ten count. When both guys got up and started slugging it out, just bad ass. Plus the Moonsault into the tombstone was spot on what of the best Spots ever.

Sorry Norc's, but I take the 65,000 people that were markign out when the Undertaker barely made it back to the ring at the ten count. When both guys got up and started slugging it out, just bad ass. Plus the Moonsault into the tombstone was spot on what of the best Spots ever.

yea, becuase they were DEFFOO gonna end the streak on a fucking count out :lmao: puuuuuulleeeeeaasse

how about we be serious now...seriously. laughable.

Having them face off at the Rumble in 2007 and doing nothing else between HBK & Undertaker for over a year hardly qualifies as two years hype.

HBK - Taker was pretty epic. Although, there was a lot of lying down. But that sort of went with the story of the match, so it worked.

Angle-Michaels, outside of two spots (one that didn't look as good as it should have), was pandering, overlong, finisher-kickouty "let's try too hard to be epic" crap. It was massively overrated fail.

This thread helping to massively overrate it. Long live the hype.

My top WWE matches of the decade (in no particular order):
-Jericho vs. Michaels (WM19)
-Benoit vs. Austin (SmackDown in Edmonton; 2001)
-Cena vs. Michaels (Raw in London; 2007)
-Cena vs. Michaels (WM23)
-(Eddie) Guerrero vs. Mysterio (SmackDown; June 2005)
-Guerrero vs. Lesnar (No Way Out 2004)
-Guerrero vs. JBL (Judgement Day 2004)
-Cena vs. Umaga (Royal Rumble 2007)
-Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Michaels (WM20)
-Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Michaels (Backlash 2004)
-Michaels vs. Triple H (Raw in San Antonio; 2003)
-Austin vs. Angle (SummerSlam 2001)
-Austin vs. Rock (WM17)
-Michaels vs. Triple H (SummerSlam 2002)

But I'm just making it known how much I'd put above the typical answers. Heck, there are matches from ECW on Sci Fi I'd gladly put over Michaels-Taker, Michaels-Angle, and Benoit-Angle. Shit, there are Jeff Hardy matches I'd put above those overrated matches I just mentioned. And there's even another JBL match I thought about putting on that list.

I HATE some of those overrated matches from the Angle and Michaels fans.

You're mad mate, fucking mad.
The table spot was fun. The Angle-slam into the post hit Michaels below the ass and they sold it like it was his back.

Oh, wow. Slow start to get over what great RASSLERS they are. Kurt Angle, pure athlete and great wreslter... ha! Kayfabe isn't nearly as dead as some people think.

Then it turned into almost every Angle match over the last few years (at the time)
Oh, wow. Is he actually gonna hit that German off the apron? Yawn.
Oh, look. He reversed that sunset flip into an Ankle Lock. Exciting and new.
Oh look, they're exhanging finishing moves.
Oh look, an Angle Slam off the top rope.
Oh look, rolling in the Ankle Lock.

It would have been good if their was some substance, some psychology, something. But I saw none. It was extended ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back