IMPACT Wrestling LD for 05.10.12

Aries is in such a tough spot with that title. The total lack of talent in the division has essentially forced TNA to just keep it on him like the world's largest belt buckle.

The title means nothing anymore.

Aries is in such a tough spot with that title. The total lack of talent in the division has essentially forced TNA to just keep it on him like the world's largest belt buckle.

The title means nothing anymore.

This could be said about almost all titles other than the world title.

it seems like aries is gonna hold onto the title until jesse sorenston eventullay comes back to win the title....tna should really look into getting some new guys into the x divison as soon as possible

I dont know if I have ever been more thankful in my life for anything as I am that the Aj Styles - Daniels - Kazarian thing and the Morgan - Crimson things are both over. My goodness, what fucking drudgery. Excruciating.

What's odd is that so many point to Trish but she was AWFUL when she first started. She was a model like so many others who was there to look good but she put work in and got better. She wasn't like a Lita or Mickie who trained from day one and was only seen on TV once they could work. I feel like it's a different breed and while Trish was good, she convinced wrestling organizations that any model can become a wrestler and that's why we have what we have today.

As for Rayna, she's a fan like the rest of us. Trust me, her cousin is a HUGE wrestling nerd and I love him for it. She loved the business and decided to train and got training with ROH (first woman to do so). She can go but just hasn't gotten her break yet. I actually took over her hebrew school class when she started having wrestling gigs on Sundays. I wish her all the best and I hope someone signs her. She deserves it.

I know. Trish did nothing for so long and one day it just seemed like he grasped how to perform. She was great at what she did though, plus she'd an interest in wrestling before modelling she just didn't think she had the endurance for it. But the insinuation any model can be a female wrestler annoys me, it's just a WWE thing. Some make the transition well, others don't. Maryse is somebody who was a good women's wrestler but for whatever reason WWE never gave a huge opportunity, especially after her implant popped.

I've seen in in a tag team match. Only watch the odd Shimmer event when I can torrent it.

True, but it's most prevalent, IMO, with the XD title because of how much it really meant in the company early on. The tag titles are next in line behind it.

Yeah and the tag belts don't mean much either. Hopefully with Bischoff gone and therefore nothing for Garrett to do, they can actually have some competition built up.

it seems like aries is gonna hold onto the title until jesse sorenston eventullay comes back to win the title....tna should really look into getting some new guys into the x divison as soon as possible

Nah, just find ANYONE that doesn't completely suck, have them cheat to win so it doesn't make Aries look weak, and let Aries move up the card where he belongs. Sure the division will suck at that point, but it sucks now. The only difference would be that the bottom feeders would actually have a shot at their title whereas now they have to realistic chance.

As if that'd help matters any? Sorensen sucks, too. He's one of the most generic wrestlers that's ever come into that company.

The problem is that the guys they got to fill that division out aren't talented. Not in the sense of being able to really do something other than wrestle a match. They need real personality injection.

I don't think the X title is meaningless, Aries has just surpassed the rest of the division. It would still mean something if someone beat him for the title. The trick is finding someone good enough to do something with what that victory would mean.

Yeah and the tag belts don't mean much either. Hopefully with Bischoff gone and therefore nothing for Garrett to do, they can actually have some competition built up.

Need to actually have competition there to do so. The tag division is ridiculously shallow right now. It goes:

1. Joe/Magnus
2. MCMG
3. Fifty miles of NOTHING
4. Eric Young & ODB

Nah, just find ANYONE that doesn't completely suck, have them cheat to win so it doesn't make Aries look weak, and let Aries move up the card where he belongs. Sure the division will suck at that point, but it sucks now. The only difference would be that the bottom feeders would actually have a shot at their title whereas now they have to realistic chance.

This. Or have him cheated out of it, by Bully Ray. Honestly, I don't care, but if he's going to be feuding with the mid-card guys and moving up the card, that title needs to be taken off of him.

I don't think the X title is meaningless, Aries has just surpassed the rest of the division. It would still mean something if someone beat him for the title. The trick is finding someone good enough to do something with what that victory would mean.

Lemme rephrase. The title isn't meaningless, but everything surrounding it right now is. Aries is just a really great looking mannequin wearing a suit everyone in the store can't afford to buy.

Total lack of divisional talent.

Need to actually have competition there to do so. The tag division is ridiculously shallow right now. It goes:

1. Joe/Magnus
2. MCMG
4. Eric Young & ODB

That's what I kept trying to tell everyone when the Guns were announced as coming back. There's no Beer Money for them to feud with. Joe/Magnus are good but they're not great, and two teams don't make a division. The division has been weak for years, because when Beer Money and the Guns were having great matches, they were the only two teams in the whole thing. That's not a division.

Hell, if they're not gonna do anything better with Styles, Daniels and Kaz, let all three of them reinvigorate the X Division! It'd give fans a reason to actually care.

In fact, Daniels alone would make it all worth watching again.

1. Joe/Magnus
2. MCMG
4. Eric Young & ODB

This. Or have him cheated out of it, by Bully Ray. Honestly, I don't care, but if he's going to be feuding with the mid-card guys and moving up the card, that title needs to be taken off of him.

You forgot Daniels/Kaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back