Impact Wrestling Going on the Road August 25th

MB1025

Championship Contender
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10019443.shtml
TNA will be taping the Impact Wrestling show on August 25 in Huntsville, Alabama at the Von Braun Center. [Thanks to Devin Cutting of ProwrestlingEvents.tk.]

Powell's POV: The show is being held on a Thursday, but if the last time they took the show on the road is any indication, the company will tape two shows that night rather than air one live show. The first TNA event was held at the same venue back in June 2002.

The place has a 10.000 seat capacity. If TNA can fill half of that I'll be a happy guy. Hell, they're having 2.000+ people for house shows, so this shouldn't be too hard. Got 6.000 in NC.CAN'T WAIT!

But wait ... TNA is going out of business, right? Hogan's killing the company, right? Riiiiiiiiiiight .......

The place has a 10.000 seat capacity. If TNA can fill half of that I'll be a happy guy. CAN'T WAIT!

I guess all the haters who shit on Hogan for pulling back his comments can eat some crow now.

I can't wait. I went to the Fayettville show and loved it. I have to see how far this place is from NC.

I guess all the haters who shit on Hogan for pulling back his comments can eat some crow now.

I can't wait. I went to the Fayettville show and loved it. I have to see how far this place is from NC.
One more example of the IWC being idiots. he never pulled his comments back. He just let the cat out of the bag too early. I think he mentioned they'd announce it officially the next week or whatever.

The show should be awesome. Hopefully they won't burn the crowd out like they did in NC. At least that's what a lot of people said.

The place has a 10.000 seat capacity. If TNA can fill half of that I'll be a happy guy. Hell, they're having 2.000+ people for house shows, so this shouldn't be too hard. Got 6.000 in NC.CAN'T WAIT!

But wait ... TNA is going out of business, right? Hogan's killing the company, right? Riiiiiiiiiiight .......

Actually, I was surprised to find out that house show business is down this year. Last year's Brooklyn show drew the biggest house show crowd in TNA history at over 6500 I believe. This year at the same venue, they drew 4200. I don't know if it's an indication of business, but just a surprising number.

This show is in Alabama though which is wrasslin country and it is before the Tide season starts so attendance should be ok. If I had to guess, I'd say they sell 4-5000 seats. Either way, just getting out of that Impact Zone will be a g-dsend. Hopefully the company uses the fan reactions from shows like this to decide who to push. That would be nice.

One more example of the IWC being idiots. he never pulled his comments back. He just let the cat out of the bag too early. I think he mentioned they'd announce it officially the next week or whatever.

The show should be awesome. Hopefully they won't burn the crowd out like they did in NC. At least that's what a lot of people said.

I was there. Part of the crowd started leaving during the wedding segment. Not the one were Karen got thrown into the cake, but the one were Kurt took out the axe and Bart Scott came down. The wedding shit was so boring live. Other than that people loved the hell out of it.

Hopefully Austin Aries is fighting Low Ki for a X Division number one contenders match.

Have any of you guys thought of the possibility of TNA doing a TAPED show for Impact outdoors? They are doing Basebrawl events right now and It is being taped in the summer. I would be ecstatic if they booked an outdoor Impact.

TNA is certainly on fire with their product and people are going to want to see their product. This should be the start of something really promising.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that house show business is down this year. Last year's Brooklyn show drew the biggest house show crowd in TNA history at over 6500 I believe. This year at the same venue, they drew 4200. I don't know if it's an indication of business, but just a surprising number.

This show is in Alabama though which is wrasslin country and it is before the Tide season starts so attendance should be ok. If I had to guess, I'd say they sell 4-5000 seats. Either way, just getting out of that Impact Zone will be a g-dsend. Hopefully the company uses the fan reactions from shows like this to decide who to push. That would be nice.

Last year that show was so big because they had Hogan, Sting, Flair, and the entire roster there doing a HUGE VIP meet and greets. Last year they use to use the footage from that event to sell the live event during Impact. This year I think they were doing Flair, Hogan, or Sting at each event and the entire roster wasn't there.

It may have not been the reason, but that was the big difference from last year.

EDIT: Also Jeff Hardy was on the card if I remember correctly.

New York's the place to be. I'm hoping they do a show there this year. If they can draw 4000+ for a house show they'd easily pack some 7-8.000.

Good stuff from TNA. Grow some wings, assholes. It's about time.

New York's the place to be. I'm hoping they do a show there this year. If they can draw 4000+ for a house show they'd easily pack some 7-8.000.

Good stuff from TNA. Grow some wings, assholes. It's about time.

I'd stay away from New York for a double taping though. Carolinians walked out, New Yorkers might get rowdy and do stupid things. Trust me, I live in New York. You see some crazy shit at wrestling shows. For a single taping at the right time, I'd recommend it, but make sure your show is booked well. If it's not, the reaction will be quite poor.

I'd stay away from New York for a double taping though. Carolinians walked out, New Yorkers might get rowdy and do stupid things. Trust me, I live in New York. You see some crazy shit at wrestling shows. For a single taping at the right time, I'd recommend it, but make sure your show is booked well. If it's not, the reaction will be quite poor.
I'm against double taping anywhere. People won't walk out just in Carolina or New York. They'd walk out anywhere. Well, New Yorkers won't walk out without shooting someone execution style, but hey ... s'good TV ain't it?

Still, that's four plus hours of wrestling, and it's a taping so it should be kind of messy and the flow of the show could be interrupted by TV show issues and re-takes and blah.

But I guess they have to do it for now so they don't have to pay extra cash to go back to it in two days or travel to another city for another show.

I don't give a damn, anything to keep them away from the Impact Zone.

Since they are already there they should do the first show live then tape the next show like the WWE did with Raw.

If you want a cliff hanger have it at the Impact Zone to sell to everyone to tune in to the Impact on the road. That way not only do extra people tune in to see what happens, but they get to see the live Impact crowd.

Also they need to change the fucking entrance ramp. The BFG set up is nice, but because of that they can't have pyro.

It's great that TNA is going on the road again. It's something they need to do more of, but I understand that they are unable to due to the cost of running shows outside the Impact Zone. It will be refreshing to see a crowd that is not almost completely made up of tourists and the same 25 people who show up every week.

I am concerned that TNA is running a 10,000 seat arena. I know they drew over 6,000 for their North Carolina tapings, but that was in the dead center of professional wrestling country. 6,000 people in a 10,000 seat arena could potentially look bad on television if they don't hide it well because the arena is still only half-full (or empty if you're a pessismist). I would have tried to find an building that would sit about 5,000 people because it's more realistic they would sell it out. Remember, Raw wasn't always in big arenas, they used to be in the Grand Ballroom in the Manhattan Center every week and had to work their way into bigger venues. I would look for smaller venues and sell them out rather than go for potentially half-full large arenas.

Hopefully the company uses the fan reactions from shows like this to decide who to push. That would be nice.

LOL! Isn't that how it's supposed to work in the first place? That's why this HAS to be done. Forget message boards, or minute by minute rating analysis.

It's great that TNA is going on the road again. It's something they need to do more of, but I understand that they are unable to due to the cost of running shows outside the Impact Zone. It will be refreshing to see a crowd that is not almost completely made up of tourists and the same 25 people who show up every week.

I am concerned that TNA is running a 10,000 seat arena. I know they drew over 6,000 for their North Carolina tapings, but that was in the dead center of professional wrestling country. 6,000 people in a 10,000 seat arena could potentially look bad on television if they don't hide it well because the arena is still only half-full (or empty if you're a pessismist). I would have tried to find an building that would sit about 5,000 people because it's more realistic they would sell it out. Remember, Raw wasn't always in big arenas, they used to be in the Grand Ballroom in the Manhattan Center every week and had to work their way into bigger venues. I would look for smaller venues and sell them out rather than go for potentially half-full large arenas.
Well the Carolina arena was only half full I think. They covered it up pretty nice.

OK I just looked at their schedule and if I did it right then August 25th will be live and then most likely a show taped after that. Here is what it looks like.

Monday July 11th and Tuesday July 12th - July 14th, July 21st episodes

Monday July 25th and Tuesday July 26th - July 28th, August 4th episodes

Monday August 8th and Tuesday August 9th - August 11th, August 18th

Now that brings us into the next week of the 25th. If they tape two shows at least one of them has to be live.

Also if I am wrong please some one correct me. It was confusing looking at the dates and going back and fourth. lol

OK I just looked at their schedule and if I did it right then August 25th will be live and then most likely a show taped after that. Here is what it looks like.

Monday July 11th and Tuesday July 12th - July 14th, July 21st episodes

Monday July 25th and Tuesday July 26th - July 28th, August 4th episodes

Monday August 8th and Tuesday August 9th - August 11th, August 18th

Now that brings us into the next week of the 25th. If they tape two shows at least one of them has to be live.

Also if I am wrong please some one correct me. It was confusing looking at the dates and going back and fourth. lol

The only issue is that doing one show actually live, from 9-11, would mean that the next show is from about 11:15-1:30 in the morning. Not sure that's such a good idea. I'd guess they are both filmed "live-style" so that not much editing is needed, but neither show will actually be live as you watch in on TV.

Good news for TNA. The more TNA goes on the road the more people will know that there is wrestling outside of the stupid ass WWE. I wish TNA would come to Montreal ( where i live) so i could go live.

The only issue is that doing one show actually live, from 9-11, would mean that the next show is from about 11:15-1:30 in the morning. Not sure that's such a good idea. I'd guess they are both filmed "live-style" so that not much editing is needed, but neither show will actually be live as you watch in on TV.

Maybe since Hogan said everyone other week they will only do one show in Alabama and maybe it will be live.

They also may change their scheduling for the tapings leading up to this show

This really is great news... I really hope they have begun advertising locally for this show... It would really mean a lot to their Wrestling Matters campaign if they could draw a good crowd and put on a good show...

I've been really impressed with a lot of Impact Wrestling and I hope them going on the road is permanant...

The PPVs no doubt should never be held in the Impact Zone...

If TNA can go live every week, or every other week, it can only be good for TNA's future. It's a great way to get more revenue, money, and fan's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back