• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMPACT Moving to Wednesdays Starting June 3rd!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
@TNADixie: BREAKING NEWS: @IMPACTWRESTLING will move to WEDNESDAY nights starting June 3rd on @DestAmerica http://t.co/OqWE7nS9VU

--

Finally, out of the Friday night death slot!

I'm not sure why they were given such a bad time slot/day to begin with, but back to Wednesdays is a really smart move. Theoretically they should see better overnight viewership numbers (not accounting for plus-threes and plus-sevens, as Dixie really wishes the industry would ;)).

Well, I'll be missing it live due to working twice on Wednesdays. I'm not sure if this will change numbers or not but people are just not tuning into TNA. I hope this helps get viewers and gets them fast. I'm optimistic for TNA to keep on succeeding so hopefully this gets them back towards a million viewers. I'm happy for the move, I'm hopefully this helps change the numbers.

In theory, it should. Provided these people already have the cable package that DA comes with (which is a pay-up package on the vast majority of carriers, especially the big boys), the American television audience is largely absent on Friday nights. This is the entire foundation of the "Friday night death slot", and why Networks routinely send shows on the cusp of being cancelled to that position in their line-up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot

I don't think ratings are gonna have a major change for this. The numbers are already high for what Destination America can do.

While I do miss it on Thursdays, the Wednesday slot is alright. There's way too much that goes on on Fridays, mainly sports or lack of viewers. Hopefully this will help the ratings.

while the move to wednesdays should be a good move for them it is still not going to make much difference if the majority of people are not able to watch becaues of the DA price added if only to watch IMPACT. I kinda miss the extra hours of wrestling that i miss even if there is nothing really happening along the story lines.....i would like to watch Lucha Underground as well but with prices already high for satellite/cable subscriptions....i can only read the results on a wrestling site....

Great, now they have to get Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Beth Phoenix, Evan Bourne and JTG on the roster and they'll have a shot at survival. If TNA laser focused on acquiring frustrated talents in the WWE locker room with the opportunity to perform on national TV with creative freedom and direction from Billy Corgan, they'd succeed most definitely. TNA has the tools to succeed and outgrow Destination America, they just need to offer the alternative fans actually want: What WWE refuses to give their own fans.

I do not know if it will make that much of a difference. People do not set their lives around the TV anymore. They have a DVR to watch. If they were not watching on Friday, they are more than likely NOT going to watch at all. Why? As I said, most people with cable have a DVR. Sadly, I think DA is regretting picking up TNA.

I do not know if it will make that much of a difference. People do not set their lives around the TV anymore. They have a DVR to watch. If they were not watching on Friday, they are more than likely NOT going to watch at all. Why? As I said, most people with cable have a DVR. Sadly, I think DA is regretting picking up TNA.

How/why is Destination America regretting picking up TNA? Is it due to reading horrible copy & paste articles on the front page? If so, then all hope is lost if we trust "journalist" who do not proof read their own work. That's a great source to trust, for sure.

No one knows what or how Destination America feels about TNA. Forget what Meltzer says, he's not always right. Thinking that TNA is not showing as an alternative to WWE is mind boggling.

People always say TNA needs to be an alternative and so forth. Well, what is TNA doing that makes it similar to WWE? From what I see is: they both have entrance music - that is needed in wrestling, they both put on wrestling matches which makes sense - they both have titles to fight for which again makes sense. Besides that, what are the similarities that are making TNA not an alternative?

Save the "their storylines suck" because WWE's are worse. TNA is doing better and better and they e will succeed. No one knows what Destination America thinks and who ever claims too is just talking to find like a know-it-all. The relationship seems fine and a schedule change is normal in the world of Television. Remember, Smack down has changed TV channels a while bunch too.

How/why is Destination America regretting picking up TNA? Is it due to reading horrible copy & paste articles on the front page? If so, then all hope is lost if we trust "journalist" who do not proof read their own work. That's a great source to trust, for sure.

No one knows what or how Destination America feels about TNA. Forget what Meltzer says, he's not always right. Thinking that TNA is not showing as an alternative to WWE is mind boggling.

People always say TNA needs to be an alternative and so forth. Well, what is TNA doing that makes it similar to WWE? From what I see is: they both have entrance music - that is needed in wrestling, they both put on wrestling matches which makes sense - they both have titles to fight for which again makes sense. Besides that, what are the similarities that are making TNA not an alternative?

Save the "their storylines suck" because WWE's are worse. TNA is doing better and better and they e will succeed. No one knows what Destination America thinks and who ever claims too is just talking to find like a know-it-all. The relationship seems fine and a schedule change is normal in the world of Television. Remember, Smack down has changed TV channels a while bunch too.

First off, I happen to watch TNA. I enjoy what is going on there far more than I do with WWE. I am far more "old school" than most of the people on this Forum. So, I do not really care about storylines that much. I care more about the wrestling (which is why I am souring on PWS programming. Too much BS, not enough wrestling) then most people.

That said, TNA programming was supposed to be a "centerpiece" for DA. You do not bounce around a centerpiece, nor do you cancel programming of that same centerpiece. You run with it for a long as you can. In this day and age, people do not rush home to catch their favorite show. They DVR it to watch later. That is why they are counting DVR recordings as well as live ratings. That is not Meltzer, that is fact. If TNA is only getting 440,000 people watching on a Friday WITH DVR numbers, what makes anyone think that those numbers will get better with a night change if DVR is in play?

Look, let's be real here: TNA would be a very good REGIONAL fed. What Dixie SHOULD do is buy a theater in Nashville, spruce it up, and hold weekly tapings there. It would save a TON of cash, and they could do house shows throughout the Mid-South. They really need to stop thinking that they are WWE-Lite. They do NOT have the cash to challenge Stamford. So, be what you really are, and market the TV show Over-the-air like PWS is doing. TNA would be far better off long term doing that, than what they are doing now.

If DA aren't happy with TNA Impact and it is the highest rated show on the network then I don't know what much the higher ups at DA expect.

TNA seems to get moved around quite a lot, this move needs to be long term if the company wants to survive.

In Australia we get TNA on a saturday, i am not even sure how they survive with that time slot over here, considering most people go out on saturdays. Even for a friday its bad, we get smackdown fridays 2:40-4:30 and +2 but we can still record to like USA, TNA are doing pretty good imo to.

In Australia we get TNA on a saturday, i am not even sure how they survive with that time slot over here, considering most people go out on saturdays. Even for a friday its bad, we get smackdown fridays 2:40-4:30 and +2 but we can still record to like USA, TNA are doing pretty good imo to.

It's repeated during the week, but gets canned frequently with no heads up
Then again when it was on Speed they constantly replaced it with Surfing.

TNA has been dead in the water for a long time, they just keep plugging along not really doing anything worthy of worrying about, with a few exceptions and when those exceptions happen you can be sure it's not televised or they give it away for free. They've had everything going against them since the Carter's took over IMO. Dunno what the finances were really like back when Jarrett and co were running the show but it was at it's best from an entertainment standpoint back then it even took over WWE's programming spot on Australian TV for over a year due to a contract dispute between our cable company and WWE at the time.

Moving shows does little, if the show is worthy of being watched people will DVR at the least.

Why debut them on Wednesday then move them to Friday and move them back to Wednesday again all in a span of 6 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back