• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm Honestly Loving TNA Now

No, the big difference is that one was done on free TV, while the other was the Main Event match of a $35 Pay Per View.

And for all the fans thinking this eff up by Jeff Hardy is a work... I'm sure a company trying to succeed just LOVES giving away programming they usually have to charge people for... Maybe, just maybe, TNA is a bigger disaster than you want to admit. I used to love TNA before Hogan came in and made it WCW circa 2000. Storylines that make no sense, feuds that end as quick as they begin and constant shock value attempts. Yep, this is a Bischoff product. I feel bad for those of you that continue to defend a product that is garbage compared to ROH.

I used to love TNA before Hogan came in and made it WCW circa 2000. Storylines that make no sense, feuds that end as quick as they begin and constant shock value attempts. Yep, this is a Bischoff product.

I think a lot of people overrate just how different TNA is now than it was prior to Bischoff and Hogan coming. Remember Planet Jarrett and the Main Event Mafia? How about Pacman Jones; Tag Team Champion? How about Johnny Fairplay? How about the Voodoo Kin Mafia? How about Mick Foley as TNA Champion?

As you can see, TNA has been using most of the same tactics forever. Other than the move to the four-sided ring and the neglect of the X-Division, there's little difference between what TNA is now and what it's been the last decade.

I feel bad for those of you that continue to defend a product that is garbage compared to ROH.

So happy that ROH is superior. Too bad they can't be seen by half the country (including me) who don't get their network.

So if you criticize TNA you get your post removed? Is that how it works on this forum? I'm a bigger TNA fan than WWE fan, but they are showing more gobbletiegook than wrestling now. A 2 hour show with less than 20 minutes of wrestling? I joined this forum because I thought I finally found one where a 60 year old man could express his opinion, but I guess opinions are censored here too. :banghead:

Two things have surprised me, as of late. Bully Ray, and Jeff Jarrett.

Bubba has been really solid on the mic, and I'm actually into his character. It's perfect for him, and I'm not sure he could have done much else in the singles world. I'm glad the feud with Devon is over (hopefully), and he's moving on. However, I'm not expecting much from Bubba in the ring, so it does take away from the whole thing, a little bit at least.

Until the DoubleM-A challenge started, I hated Jeff Jarrett. And I'm not talking TNA-Jeff Jarrett. I'm talking his entire career. He's been hilarious as of late, probably the most entertaining guy they have right now. Angle has played his part equally well, but the storyline has been a bit much. I find most TNA storylines to be overbooked, especially since the arrival of Hogan and Bischoff, so this comes as no surprise.

I think Ken Anderson has regressed, actually. His feud with Kurt several months ago gave me some hope that he could TNA's next big heel. But over the past two months or so, Anderson has been complete shit. His promo's drag on and on, never ending. He ways three times as much as he needs to, and overacts the shit out of every segment. He's gone off the deep end, and needs to be brought back down to Earth. I feel they have attempted to make him a Steve Austin-like figure, always getting screwed over by the powers that be, and so on. Unfortunately, it's not working. He's coming across as a crybaby who just won't stop complaining. It's very annoying.

Also, I would like to agree with, and maybe add on to what Jack-Hammer said about factions. It's enough already. This guy and that guy want to take over the company, ruin it, build it, whatever. It's old news, and TNA really hasn't attempted to build a singles star in quite some time. Heel factions aren't a bad idea, not at all, but it can't always be about a power struggle. It can't always head straight for the corporate level. You can easily build a heel faction that doesn't resolve around grabbing legal power. When you have something like that, it takes away from the actual wrestlers.

I don't mind stables, but when they become too large, and attempt to go too far, it gets stale. Look at The Nexus in WWE. It's gone on far too long, and it needs to die. I think that faction is just about finished, but I have trouble believing Hogan, Bischoff or Russo have any intention of eventually bringing Immortal to a close. They run these sorts of programs for too long, and attempt to add too much. It's Overbooking 101, and when it wasn't a great storyline to start with, it can only get worse.

So, I suppose I'm enjoying some things in TNA right now. The tag division (minus the security guards) is always fun to watch. Beer Money and the MCMG's always make for great television. Anytime I can see an A.J. Styles or Kurt Angle match, I'm a happy camper. I just wish the creative team would stop overbooking the shit out of everything. You can be far different than your competition without jumping the shark, and I doubt that opinion is popular among TNA loyalists.

I agree with you OP. I can honestly sit there and watch all of Impact, and get bored to death by both Smackdown and Raw. I watch them all, but i do seem more interested in Impact. I was the same way when WCW was one. I watched WCW and when a commercial hit I switched over to check Raw.

I do believe they are making a big deal out of the Heavyweight Championship and try to do the right thing with it, but they are dropping the ball on everything else. They were doing really well with the tag team titles up until they decided to start splitting the teams up.

I think if they put more of a focus on the x-division and tag teams along with the Heavyweight title. They will be more successful. If they decided to open the show right away with a match in either one of those two divisions and then started with the promos (cut them down some too) this might help their product. A decent knockout match following (none of this current stuff is working except Mickie chasing the title), followed by either a real quick segment that help with a story, then another match either xdivision or tag. A small segment followed by another match. They then could have their longest segment followed by the main event, or put the ME at the halfway mark and have a very good tag team match to end the show.

i would also prefer for them to add a second show on say Tuesday nights. They could call it anything like Tuesday Night Action, or TNA Tremor, something put it on another network than Spike would be beneficial also, like My TV or something else where people can find it and get more exposure, and when the time is right leave Spike and try to get on TBS or TNT, that would be nice, this would allow them to leave the Impact Zone (which i find Ironic, Universal Studios is owned by NBC which owns USA and SyFy which is where WWE is on)

I am also enjoying TNA Wrestling. I really think they are in a far better spot as a product then they were a year ago when Hogan and Bischoff first came in. Sure, there are things that would like to see change. That is with any wrestling company though. My favorite part right now is the main event scene(minus Bully Ray:disappointed: ). Anderson is just so freakin' entertaining. All around the best performer in TNA, IMO. I am really enjoying the Fortune faction as well. The Winter/Angelina/Velvet storyline is pretty interesting.

Great to see a thread that is actually praising TNA right now! ...in the midst of the Victory Road catastrophe (at least the main event and/or #1 contender's match), it's so great to see a thread that talks about TNA's current positive aspects.

I find that I'm always more excited to watch Impact each week (over WWE television). I still watch Raw, but I usually don't bother with anything else that WWE puts on TV (ie: Smackdown, Superstars, their internet-exclusive shows, etc). To be honest, I don't think I could even get through Raw without watching it on my DVR...by that, I mean that I usually end up fast-fowarding through most of the show. The only time I stop to watch an entire match is when Daniel Bryan is wrestling. In my opinion, Daniel Bryan is the only reason to watch WWE right now.

Even though Impact is FAR from perfect, I still find every segment entertaining...that means I don't skip through any parts of Impact on the DVR. Even the TNA Knockout matches are very entertaining, that's not something I can say for the WWE (I haven't been entertained by a WWE Diva's match in a looooong time). TNA just seems more unpredictable than WWE is, whether we're in the middle of Wrestlemania-season or not. Even when I read the TNA spoilers ahead of time, it still is more entertaining to me.

Part of me keeps watching Impact just to see what's going to happen next. I don't think it's the "train-wreck" of a company/show that a lot of the haters seem to want to call it (over, and over, and over again), but a big part of me does watch just to see what's going to happen next.

Another big part of what makes me enjoy TNA more than WWE right now is the promos. I love that TNA wrestlers are just given "bullet-points" to hit, instead of reading a script word-for-word. It makes everything feel more "real", and definitely more entertaining. Another great reason to watch the show, even if I've already read the spoilers.

At least TNA seem to have the balls to keep trying new things, whether they work or not. To me, WWE seems like they've been doing the same "safe" storylines and matches for years now, while TNA manages to keep me guessing...especially now, in the wake of their main player (Jeff Hardy) completely screwing the pooch. I can't wait to see what they'll do next, which is quite a feat -- considering their show is taped, while Raw is live.

Deffinatly not alone i am a big TNA fan. i Download the Raw and Smackdown episodes most weeks and they are okay but i agree with you that there is more exitement in TNA, i dont care about the Victory road incident i like to watch chaos and it was one wrestler all be it i am a big Hardy fan but its interesting and its interesting watching the outcome. also i feel more of a connection with superstars of TNA rather than WWE where i just feel no exitement torwards the product.

The only thing thats interesting in WWE at the moment for me is the return of Big classic stars such as the Rock. Nash made his return i wasnt bothered i didnt like him in TNA and he is pretty much just working backstage anyway and Booker T...i was really looking forward to seeing him wrestle again but No he is a colour commentator now...personally i feel not a very good one but i was always more a King and JR fan on that one.

But like i said i dont feel any exitement torwards WWE i dont feel any feelings torwards the superstars if they are heel or face it doesnt matter to me like it does in TNA. Most people in England that i talk to always prefer TNA anyway and i read somewhere that TNA wins the viewing numbers over here in the UK.

Can't believe all the praise TNA is getting for a change lol. I myself am enjoying TNA more than ever, and have become a regular viewer, I stopped watching WWE completely about six months ago and haven't looked back. Go TNA!!! Of course the show isn't perfect, but what show in television is?

Like everyone else has been saying, if Impact were to actually go on the road for most of their shows, and not that IWC dump called the Impact Zone, who knows how much better it can be. It seems like the wrestlers put on a way better show when there's an actual wrestling crowd to perform in front of. Not a bunch of douche bag lunkheads that chant one guy's name, and then the next. No matter who's face or heel.

Oh and no doubt about it on getting out of that cesspool known as the impact zone, oh how bush league.... They have to plan on going on the road more, because if not they shouldn't have left to begin with, the NC shows just show how awful the Impact zone really is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back