• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you could change 3 events/moments in WWE history what would they be and why?

TheMainEvent

Pre-Show Stalwart
Thought this would be a pretty interesting topic of discussion and the title pretty much says it. Within the history of WWE or even pro wrestling what three events/moments/outcomes/etc would you change or alter and why.. I thought about it for a few minutes and came up with a few. Likely to come up with different ones after awhile, but here goes:

Owen Hart pushed as Main Event talent following Montreal Screwjob: After the screwjob Owen took a few weeks off to try and get out of his contract but couldn't and returned to a nice pop where he attacked Michaels at the DX PPV and then on Raw encountered Vince and attacked him. It was the perfect time for him to move into a full time Maineventer and essentially take the spot that Bret left opened. However WWE dropped the ball and kept him in the midcard feuding with Triple H over the European title instead of Shawn and the World Title and well the rest is history with him in NOD, team w/ Jarrett, and then Blue Blazer gimmick to his death.... had they made him a maineventer history would have been differently and he would have been a top star and his horrible accident wouldn't have occured.

Bret Hart booking in WCW: By no means am I a Hart family mark but I did grow up watching wrestling during the Next Generation era of WWE and Bret was one of my favorites. Having him return to WWE has been great to witness but I cant help but think how much better he could have been at the end of his career and what might have been. In WCW he should have been an individual without being nWo lacky and even could have reunited the Hart Foundation to an extent with Neidhart, Bulldog, and possibly someone like Benoit or Jericho considering their Hart background. He should have been one of the top Singles stars on the roster feuding for the World Title almost immediately and staying up top instead of chasing the US title and doing nothign of any importance. Had he been booked differently his accident with Goldberg might have been adverted as well and today we would still potentially be able to see a classic Bret Hart match in WWE.

WCW Invasion Angle: 2001 WWE bought out WCW and started an invasion angle. It should have been the biggest wrestling thing EVER but sucked. They didnt have all the top WCW stars like Bischoff, Goldberg, Steiner, Nash, Sting, Luger, Jarrett, Flair, etc and essentially buried the guys like Booker T, DDP, and others during the feud. Sure all those names would eventually go to WWE, aside from Sting/Luger/Jarrett, within a year or so but the angle was already over. Imagine if Bischoff had aligned with Shane and started the faction with Steiner and the nWo/WCW leading the way and made to look dominant. Have them take over WWE TV for a week or two attacking WWE guys and taking out their top stars. ECW could have debuted as a face faction as Vince's last resort for help against the common enemy of Bischoff instead of the lame Alliance. It could have been a HUGE storyline but after about five months it was over before it ever started.

So there are three of my picks for events I would have liked to see differently, what are yours?

1. Tell Owen that he didn't have to do the harness/drop down from the rafters stunt if he really didn't want to. I won't say that had he lived, he would have gotten a monster push or anything like that, his career would have been what it would have been. No more, no less. Also, if Owen lives, Bret Hart doesn't take a 12 year hiatus from a WWE ring.

2. Obviously, stop Benoit. I don't think any reason really needs to be written down, we all know what happened, and we can figure out how the WWE would have better had it not.

3. Have Hulk Hogan beat the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI. Knowing what we know now about Jim Hellwig's emotional state/ego, giving him the belt was a HUGE mistake.

hmmm interesting thread.
1. never went into the pg rating system. i want the good matches and not just the comedy shit like wwe focus' on today.
2. briing back the cruiserweight divison/tag divison. alot of good matches were in the cruiserweight and tag divisions.
3. have all titles being in storys not just the wwe and the whw

Man, so many things to go from. To I go with the tragic angle, and work with eliminating the Owen Hart Death and the Benoit incident. Or do you go with changing certain angles which would of changed wrestling history. So much to go from. I think I'm going to stick with wrestling angles.

1. The Greater Power: For months during the attitude Era the Undertaker talked about the greater power. Shane and Vince have been at wars over the company. And Stone Cold was carrying the World Championship title. Well, Finally! The Greater Power was to reveal himself... It was none other then... Vince McMahon! The Crowd didn't really get to into it. They figured.. We knew this son of bitch was up to something. It drove me up the wall. We could of had Shawn Michaels. They could of had the Million Dollar man jump back to the WWE. Hell they could of had Rod McMahon. But now, they went with Vince again.

2. The Invasion Angle: I don't really blame the WWE for this angle not living up to it's potential. I mean, a lot of the guys that made WCW famous, were getting paid, not by WCW by time Warner. So all the big name contracts didn't transfer over. So we had to settle with Booker T and RVD. Not the worse thing in the world, but here you have the WWF with Stone Cold and Angle, Jericho and more. Going against the mid-card names of WCW. Really didn't sell that well. If they would of waited till the next year, and had the Hogans and Flairs show up after Wrestlemania. Calling out Vince and declaring War on the WWE. Then we would of had something amazing.

3. nWo 2002: This was pretty exciting hearing about this on television. This was huge if you were a wrestling fan. I mean, the nWo. The guys who left the WWF for those big dollars, were returning back to the WWF to cause chaos again. I was pumped. Then Hogan's popularity took off, and Kevin Nash had an injury, and boom... Storyline dead. Hell, HBK made the return for the nWo as well. This should of been amazing. Instead they were just on one show. They had a feud with the Rock, then Hogan got the yellow and red, and no more nWo. It would of been fun, if Bischoff joined them as the new Raw GM. Then we would of gotten the great memories.

1. The first would be to not book Owen Hart in a love affair triangle or as the Blue Blazer. Owen should have been booked as "The Game" and even if that gimmick was a success or a failure for him, at least he would still be alive.

2. Toning down the ridiculous sex and violence angles in the attitude era and helping out wrestlers that had serious mental and physical problems. I.E: Pillman, Bulldog, Hawk, Guerrero, Benoit, etc. Maybe if the WWE were as serious now as they were back then about the welfare of their wrestlers then maybe some would still be alive today.

3. Revamping the Invasion Angle: Treating the WCW and ECW talent not as jobbers and actually having a decent feud with WWE talent. No separate titles or shows for ECW or WCW wrestlers. Steve Austin would be face with WWE and Paul Heyman would have control over ECW. Ric Flair would be the leader of the WCW faction.

I actually liked the Higher Power angle. I agreed with rdw, go back to pg-13. If a guy can't say ass, we have problems.

1) Go back to pg-13
2) Stop Vince from buying WCW in the first place. You are all bringing up the invasion angle. I agree but stop Vince before he even purchases WCW. We might still be having good wrestling on TV.
3) Never turn Austin heel at Mania 17. It was the dumbest move the E could have done. Fans still loved Austin and wanted him to continue to beat the whole hell and torment Mr. McMahon. It hurt the whole flow of the Austin character. I will admit seeing him try and sing was funny. But I'd rather have the bonified Texas Rattlesnake then the same character singing.

J Call

1. Evolution dumping Randy Orton
When Orton won the title and Triple H gave the "thumbs down" order, it brought an untimely end to the best thing going in the WWE at the time. Evolution had been around just long enough to be awesome but its time was cut too short. Plus, it was the beginning of the end of one of the greatest entrance themes ever.

2. WWE signs Goldberg
Ever notice that nobody really has fond memories of Goldberg in the WWE? That's because there are none. He maximized his potential in WCW and then became a squash machine. By the time Vince got him, he was good for bringing in a few crossover fans but ultimately proved to be difficult and useless as his character was so inflexible. He wasted time in the Main Event that should have gone to more versatile guys who could actually put others over.

3. WCW signs Hall/Nash
This is more of a "What If" than something I'd really WANT to change, but what if Razor and Diesel had never left the WWE? I'd assume that in the Attitude Era they'd have dropped the gimmicks and gone more natural like they did in WCW. The original DX (maybe called "The Klique"?) might have been HBK, HHH, Hall, Nash, and X-Pac. How badass would that have been? How about Hall vs. The Rock when the Nation and DX feuded? How about Nash vs. Kane or Undertaker with his mic skills unleashed?

Imagine where Scott Hall's career, and maybe even his personal life, might have gone if he'd stayed in the WWE. I bet he'd have seen a World Title at some point. Maybe the more structured environment would have helped him battle his demons and avoid the issues that took him down in WCW and for years since. I know plenty of guys have had personal problems in the WWE (Benoit, Hardy, etc), but I still believe Hall would have had a better support system than what he got in WCW.

Great thread.

Give ANYBODY the belt instead of Warrior For obvious reasons really. Warrior's title reign really killed WWF for me at that time, he was NEVER going to be as big a face as Hogan, he was NEVER going to go on to be a reliable worker, even before being given the title he had a negative influence backstage and quite simply that reign was NEVER going to be a good thing for WWF in the long run. On the other hand, DiBiase was mega-over as a heel at the time, had proven himself to be a good worker, would have undoubtedly had great top-of-the-card feuds with the likes of Jake Roberts, Rude, Curt Hennig, Hogan etc. as he had proven in the years prior. Nevermind the fact any of these guys deserved that title run more than Warrior and given the chance could have been pushed to be bigger draws than Warrior ever was.

Owen Hart tragedy Hardly any need to go into any detail with this one. This will always be the saddest moment in professional wrestling. Whatever about the neurological/physical issues surrounding the deaths of Benoit, Guerrero and countless other before-their-time tragedies in wrestling, Owen's death was the most avoidable of them all.

Given Michael Hayes a bigger role in the attitude era Okay, a little bit of a strange decision perhaps, but Hayes on the mic is absolute gold. They gave him a run as Hardy Boys manager, but I really really feel that they could have used him in such a better role than they did following that. I think he could have really added a lot to any storyline as a manager or in a commisioner type role, because he knew how to work a crowd and has a wonderful mind for the business. The presenter role, doc hendrix, he ended up with was such a waste of such a considerable amount of talent.

First, I would change Randy Orton's face turn in 2004. I was so hoping it would be Triple H that was going to make the face turn and feud with evolution. Randy's face turn completely killed his momentum. He was the hottest thing in '04. I was so excited when he beat Benoit for the title. I was a huge Orton fan and I was sick when he was attacked the next night on Raw. Randy turned heel again only months after the face turn because it wasn't working.

Second I would have taken the intercontinental championship off the honky tonk man. so much sooner than it was. The fact that he is and will always be the longest reigning IC champ in history is just sickening. He was nothing before he got the belt and did NOTHING ever this run as champ ended I wish Ricky Steamboat could have had another run as champion or that Jake Roberts would have gotten the run he was supposed to get.

I would make sure Bret Hart never signed with WCW. If he would have held on for a few more months the WWF would have turned around and Bret's disasterous WCW run would have never happened. He would not have gotten kicked in the head by Goldberg and he would have had a few more good years in the ring. And maybe, just maybe, Bret could have talked Owen out of the stunt in Kansas City. So many bad things resulted from Bret's leaving. And they could have potentially been avoided.

1.) Brock Lesnar was one of the biggest powerhouses to ever hit the wrestling scene. And what's better, he was completely over as a heel. The guy was a monster, made you fear for your life while watching him, and could put over one hell of a feud. Vince should have done everything in his power to keep the guy around, and instead he made a complete fool out of himself working with the NFL. Now that he's getting paid the big bucks to work in UFC, there's really no way we'll ever see him around in the WWE again, and he'd get buried by John Cena anyways. But rewind a few years, and Lesnar is really the only one who could have gone over Cena in a believable way, and when Cena finally did topple him, it could have been a HUGE deal. So many good feuds that never happened... Lesnar should have stayed, and when he did eventually retire, he should have done so in an awesome way, not in the worst recorded match in professional wrestling's history. And now he's lost forever to mixed martial arts...

2.) The resurrection of Hulk Hogan was, at the very most, lackluster. At the very latest, he should have retired forever after his final Wrestlemania match with Vince McMahon. He came back for one more run because he wanted money, and Vince knew he could capitalize from a whole new audience of fans that had never really taken hold of the Hulkamania era before. That run gave Brock Lesnar a push, and allowed us to see Hulk vs. Rock one more time, but it really was never as great as Hogan had been in the past. He was older, he couldn't really move, and the focus had shifted onto Steve Austin and the Rock by that point anyways. But what I really wish could be erased from the memory books are his runs as Mr. America, and his later returns with Eugene, Hornswaggle, and that terrible over-sold joke of a match with Shawn Michaels. And now, because the man just can't die, we have to watch him on TNA.

3.) Eugene...as a whole...needs to not exist. The entire angle was offensive, stupid, a waste of talent like Triple H, Ric Flair, and William Regal, and was in the main event scene WAY too much for WAY too long. Enough said.

Kept The Rock away from Hollywood! I know Dwayne is having success as an actor but I really wish he would have stuck around in the ring for a few more years at least.

Never have let anyone start being lowered from the rafters, that way Owen Hart would still be alive.

Kept Bret Hart from leaving the WWE. He was used so poorly in WCW that he never should have been there in the first place.

1.owen hart/rafters incident: that was so unexpeted because he was the only hart left in the wwf (i think) and he was ENTERTAINING
(2) Michael Cole as a Announcer. A BIG NO NO.:lmao:
(3) kane losing the mask. he suks now:shrug: Im Just Saying

For everyone that keeps saying they would change the Owen Hart tragedy you can't. For starters if you believe everything has a purpose then Owen would have met his time either way. The angle that was being done wouldn't have changed that. Shawn Michaels did a similar stunt at Wrestlemania and it worked fine. What happened with Owen was a malfunction and who is to say it wouldn't have happened some other way. I don't think Owen would be here today either way as sad as it makes me to say so.

Next the Invasion angle and everyone wants to change it. Problem is none of the bigger stars would have come to WWE. They were all getting paid to do nothing. The thing guys like Nash, Hall, and Hogan love to do best. They never would have been able to get those bigger stars while they were contracted by Time Warner. Guys like Booker T, DDP, and Kanyon were willing to come to work early so they could further their careers and benefited from it. They were presented to the WWE fanbase early and each one of them was rewarded with a push. People say they were jobbed out to the WWE guys but considering who those WWE guys were Taker,Austin,Jericho ect. It wouldn't have been plausible for those guys to have that big of a chance considering how WCW presented them. The ones that had value Booker T, RVD were built as equals. Hell two of Booker's WCW title reigns came in WWE. Having Austin and Angle jump ship to the Alliance was a good thing because it made it seem like the Alliance had more of a chance against Team WWE. With the scrubs WCW had on their side they never would have had a chance had Austin and Angle not switched sides.

Now for my three moments:

1.) (John Cena ends Edge's first WWE title reign after three weeks.) It's clear that Edge only won his first WWE title in January of 2006 because they needed to get the Money in the Bank off of him before Wrestlemania. Having him lose it wasn't an option because it would have made every other Money in the Bank cash in worthless. If Edge doesn't successfully cash in that first time MITB becomes mute and they don't bring it back the next year and it becomes a failed concept. So have him cash it in on Cena after an Elimination Chamber so Cena doesn't look weak and Edge looks smart. But to retain Edge's credibility have him retain at the Royal Rumble. If Edge cashes in MITB on a weakened Cena and then can't beat him in the rematch Edge looks like a wimp which he did. Foley vs Edge in a Hardcore match would have had even more juice at Wrestlemania if Foley had an opportunity to be WWE Champion one more time. Then when Edge beat him and kept his Wrestlemania undefeated streak going. Cena vs HHH could have still happened, would have still been a huge match and Cena still could have been put over all without the WWE title.

2.) (Triple H defeats Randy Orton at Unforgiven 04 ending his first title reign at one month.) Another circumstance where a champion looks weak after losing his title too soon. Randy Orton had just done the unthinkable in winning the WHC at Summerslam by beating Benoit. He should have rode high with Evolution been a cocky spoiled brat thought he was bigger than the group and then got kicked out. Much more build for the rivalry. Orton gets a decent reign and Triple H doesn't use Randy just to fuel his ego by winning an extra title three months too early because he can't stay away from the belt.

3.) (Christian wins MITB at Wrestlemania 25 instead of CM Punk.) Punk had just won the year prior. He could have turned heel without the second MITB win. His feud with Hardy was gold but it wasn't the cash in that turned him heel it was the promos. Punk's awesome mic work was what made that feud and his heel character grand. Christian wins MITB has a long run with the briefcase and cashes it in on his kayfabe brother winning his first World title after coming back. That sounds like a storybook ending. Plus you have an instant personal rivalry after between he and Edge that could end in an epic ladder match. I'm salivating thinking about it and crying that Christian still doesn't have a World title to his name. Maybe not crying but it is unfortunate.

absolutely awesome thread

if I could change 3 things

1.The undertaker never changed.... always the deadman........ always with paul bearer I think it is the greatest gimmick in wrestling history.... I was not pleased with the american bad ass or the whole corporate ministry.......

2. At some point of time in their tenure I would have loved to seen the british bulldog, mr. perfect, and ravishing rick rude win the strap

3. implemented the drug and steriod policy by the mid 80's

If i could change three things i'd....

1 Make sure WCW beat WWE when they were down at their lowest and beat them out of business..i'd have WCW buy WWE from Vince McMahon and have NWO Hogan and Hart Hall and Nash and Savage show up on the last Raw ever with Voodoo Chile music blaring. I'd have them mock the McMahons and tell the WWE world who really made wrestling. I'd love to have seen NWO take over WWE for real, it would have been the Bash at the Beach X100..WCW and Turner could then own the history of wrestling and be able to manipulate it to suit themselves like WWE does today. Turner could totally diminish Vince's importance overtime and we could all sit around and laugh at how Mick Foley wrestling the Rock in an empty arena for the WWE world championship was WWE's unraveling point. It'd be awesome to see a storyline with the WWE guys signing with WCW, getting the amazing salaries they deserve, and teaming up with WCW guys to try and stop the NWO. Could you imagine Stone Cold and the Rock teaming up with guys like Lex Luger and DDP, Sting and Undertaker teaming up, Flair and Triple H coming together with Benoit and Randy Orton as the New Horsemen, all to stop the NWO. WCW would have done the NWO ending storyline right so there'd be a proper conclusion to the greatest angle in sports entertainment history.

2 I would then make the brand split of Nitro and Thunder after the NWO ended in 2002. I'd have one program be WCW (Thunder) and another WWE (Nitro) but with all the wrestlers mixed up together. I would keep WWE and WCW and never permanently get rid of either. Getting rid of WCW was such a stupid move by WWE, there was so many possibilities for WWE, WCW vs WWE was a dream scenario that could have played out but Vince wanted to bury WCW as quickly as possible to make himself and his creation look so much better than either really was. There was so much real talent back then that could have made those shows watchable. Now, you have two shows with nowhere near enough main event talent and really there shouldn't be a brand split anymore. The main eventers should be on Raw and Smackdown should just be younger guys and leftovers trying to make a name for themselves.

3 I'd give Mark Madden 15 more minutes of fame beyond the one month he did as Nitro's third string color commentary guy. I'd have him entertain the audiences during commercial breaks, or even just during matches, by having him fly around the arena like the Blue Blazer or Shawn Michaels with a megaphone in hand declaring himself the greatest wrestling personality ever..just so the crowd could throw their garbage at him and have nothing left to litter the ring with for the main event. Bischoff and Russo definitely could have utilized Madden better..they should hire him to fly around with a megaphone at TNA Impact..perhaps their ratings and attendance numbers would finally go up as the TNA hating IWC would pay big money to sit through wrestling they hate just to witness their hero Madden getting shit on.

1. The beginning of the age of HHH. This buried so much goodness I will never forgive it occurring.

2. Orton's first title. I can really get behind Orton, but knowing how protected he is just takes away from it.

3. The buying of WCW and ECW. If only WCW bought ECW and fired Bischoff for Heyman.

This was so hard on me because there are a lot of things that I wanted to change. I´m going to reduce my options to this century and to things that was WWE fault. Of course I didn´t want Lesnar or the rock to leave but WWE couldn´t control that.

1- Jeff Hardy wins the WWE championship and Word Heavyweight Championship. WWE made a big mistake in this. Jeff Hardy was just some addicted that wanted to be world champion. I´m not against the fact that he is an addict I am against the fact that he didn´t care for his job, his fans and his carrer.
2- Mr. Kennedy winning MITB. Enough. This guy is the reason why MITB is not as big as it suppose to be (I´m not saying is not big I´m saying that it would be bigger).
3- ECW return. Because of this, we see know the merged PPV (I loved the brand ppv), we discuss about WWE not giving chances to the new guys and what I hate most, they let us think that the ECW was a world championship until his dead.

1) Never should've removed Kane's mask.
The guy seemed to be the total package. He was my favorite from around 2001 until he took the mask off in 2003. Granted, the RAW when he removed the mask was one of my favorites, Kane's character needed the mask to make him stand out from any other giant 7 fotter that has came along. It gave him a mysterious look and made you want to watch him. If they would have never removed the mask, he wouldn't of had 7 years of jobbing to guys that aren't even around today.

2) Vince's death
They never should've had that whole storyline. It was ridiculous. It was really disrepectful to anyone that has lost someone due to suicide. I don't even understand what was to become of the vince's death storyline and how it could've possibly ended. It made them look even more ******ed when they plan a three hour RAW for the memorial of McMahon then Benoit dies of SUICIDE!! Pretty dumb storyline if you ask me.

3) Never turn to PG.
Don't get me wrong, I love wrestling right now no matter the rating on the product. But back in 2003, even after the attitude era was over, it was more intersting. It was more easy to come up with storylines for TV 14. It gave them more of a variety to write with. Made the storylines more interesting. It doesn't have to be nudity, or x rated stuff, but a TV-14 rated program would be nice.

1) This one may be slightly biased, but I would of had The Rock beat Austin at WM15. The Rock never beat Austin when the title was on the line and I have always thought that the WWF/WWE viewed Rock as being inferior to Austin which isn't the case. When Triple H beat The Rock as WM16 it was shocking, having a heel retain at Mania. If the WWF had done the same at WM15, it would of said that The Rock deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as Austin. Austin could of won at Backlash or even the next night on Raw, but hey.

2) I would of given the Undisputed Title more of a chance. In fact when the brands were first separated I would of like to of seen all champions appear on both shows. Some people say that Raw and Smackdown should be 100% separate, like the old WWF and WCW were, but how can you do that when its the same company??? It looks like the WWE may be trying this formula now with all the title unifications so time will tell.

3) I would not gear the programming so much towards children. I am not bashing the PG rating (for a while in the Attitude Era the rating was PG) but at the same time it seems so tame at times. I am not wanting bucket loads of blood, every other word to be a profanity or the divas wearing next to nothing (can't believe I am saying this) but if you are trying to portray the image that two guys wanna beat the crap out of each other, the occasional mild swear word and act of voilence goes a long way (as did seeing Terri Runnells nipples through her top or trying to peek up Stacy's skirt when she did her ring entrance.

1) Edge vs. Evolution - Back in 2004 when Edge returned to the WWF, he confronted Randy Orton and vowed to take down all of Evolution one by one with Orton being the first of his victims. WWE stopped this storyline due to Edge coming down with an injury I believe and then moved him onto a feud with Jericho & Shawn Michaels. But I think WWE should've continued the Edge taking down all of Evolution storyline. It would've made a star & World Champion out of Edge much earlier than 2006 and this is the way I would have booked it.

-Edge wins the IC Title off Orton at Vengeance.

-Edge defends the IC Title against Batista one on one at Summerslam and retains the title. Also Orton wouldnt win the World Title & split with Evolution just yet, he'd split with them after WM 21. Chris Benoit would lose the title to HHH in a Ironman match in the main event of Summerslam or at Unforgiven.

-Batista on Raw defeats Edge for the IC Title due to interference from Evolution since Edge would come down with a injury at this point.

-Edge would face & defeat Ric Flair at Taboo Tuesday in a Steel Cage match making it 3 down, 1 to go for Edge.

-At Survivor Series, it would be Team Edge vs. Evolution. Edge, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho & Maven vs. HHH, Flair, Orton & Batista with winners running Raw. Team Edge wins and Edge on his show makes a World Title match between him & HHH but they end up going to a double pin/submission which ends up with the title vacated like how it did in Benoit vs. Edge vs. HHH on Orton's episode of Raw.

-At New Years Revolution, Triple H wins the World Title in Elimination Chamber which features Edge, Orton, Benoit, Jericho & Batistia.

-Edge wins the Royal Rumble match. Triple H defends & retains the title against Benoit or Jericho or both in a Triple Threat. The Triple Threat sounds best.

-Edge defeats Triple H for the World Title at WM 21; Edge will have taken all of Evolution down.

2) Bret Hart has 2 matches at WM 13: Vs. Taker for the WWF Title & Vs. Austin in Submission Match (for WWF Title) - Wrestlemania 13 was going absolutely fine till Taker faced Sid in the main event. It's probably one of the worst of WM main events ever. I dont blame it on Taker, Sid is to blame as he's just complete utter bollocks. But if Bret vs. Taker for the WWF Title was main event, we'd have another memorable WM main event. But this would be Bret's 2nd match of the night at Mania after Austin vs. Bret in the Submission Match cause without that match on the card, Austin wouldnt have become an even bigger star. It could've went like this, Bret wins the WWF Title at Final Four which features Austin, Taker & Sid instead of Vader. I put Sid in there, so that would be his rematch clause from Royal Rumble instead of facing Bret the next night on Raw. The next night Gorilla Monsoon announces Taker as the new No. 1 Contender and is facing Bret at WM 13 but after Bret faces Austin in the Submission match which could also be for the WWF Title or not. Bret beats Austin in the Submission to retain the title if it's a title match and in the main event Taker defeats Bret for the title. Taker could've just defend the title against Sid on the next In Your House. Then at Summerslam, Bret regains the title back from Taker.

3) Owen Hart tragedy - Can't really think of no other moment but it's not to say if I could think another that I wouldn't have wanted this to change, of course I want Owen to still be alive and be pushed into the main event, no need to explain more.

(1) Obviously the botched invasion by WCW. i felt like with the small amount of guys needing tobe bought he should had just bought them out and had them work the debt off. They had the star power to do that quickly. ECW should had cam,e along separately and done its own thing..

(2) I never understood why Snuka had to miss when he jumped off he steel cage in '83. I thought he would had been a great WWF champion just prior to Hogan coming in to dominate.

(3) I always wondered what would had been the result if the WWF had allowed Andre to sale the WWF title to Ted DiBiase. I also wonder why the title was vacated and why DiBiase did not just have Andre lay down for him. A cheap victory is a cheap victory and I know the Million Dollar Man would still put up good title defenses.

(3½) I would had liked to had seen the Who Ran Over Stone Cold storyline play out. If Rikishi had not injured himself would he had become a Yokozuna caliber wrestler? It was a just a very dramatic storyline that I wanted to learn more about.

(3¾) I would like to see a partial rehabilitation of Chris Benoit and a lot more emphasis onthe medical aspect of th issue instead of WWE trying to avoid any responsibility or controversy. Editing the WWE 24/7 library, especially WCW and ECW footage to me was overkill, no punt intended.

Owen Hart pushed as Main Event talent following Montreal Screwjob: After the screwjob Owen took a few weeks off to try and get out of his contract but couldn't and returned to a nice pop where he attacked Michaels at the DX PPV and then on Raw encountered Vince and attacked him. It was the perfect time for him to move into a full time Maineventer and essentially take the spot that Bret left opened. However WWE dropped the ball and kept him in the midcard feuding with Triple H over the European title
Why would Owen be pushed up the latter following the stunt McMahon pulled with Bret Hart and why would it not be dangerous for Vince to push Owen with that type of animosity? And why would Owen accept after trying to leave the WWF anyways?
Bret Hart booking in WCW: By no means am I a Hart family mark but I did grow up watching wrestling during the Next Generation era of WWE and Bret was one of my favorites. Having him return to WWE has been great to witness but I cant help but think how much better he could have been at the end of his career and what might have been. In WCW he should have been an individual without being nWo lacky and even could have reunited the Hart Foundation to an extent with Neidhart, Bulldog, and possibly someone like Benoit or Jericho considering their Hart background. He should have been one of the top Singles stars on the roster feuding for the World Title almost immediately and staying up top instead of chasing the US title and doing nothign of any importance. Had he been booked differently his accident with Goldberg might have been adverted as well and today we would still potentially be able to see a classic Bret Hart match in WWE.
No matter what his role was first off nothing was going to change the effects of Goldberg's debilitating kick to Hart. I agree that WCW management failed Hart in ways so outrageous and ridiculous that i can not properly articulate my disgust. Although WCW had an addiction to committing blunders I do think Hart deserves some blame for not trying to take control of his character and for not trying hard enough to stay away from the rehashed NWO. aS FAR AS HIS WAR FOR The U.S. title was concerned I felt like it would had been best for him to pursue it as a Canadian heel. It should had been used as a prop to create heat for a heel turn in WCW, nothing more, nothing less. But in 1997 Hart was still not as old as he is today and in much better shape and conditioning. WCW should had worked harder with him due to the fact that the clock was ticking anyways on his career.

WCW Invasion Angle: 2001 WWE bought out WCW and started an invasion angle. It should have been the biggest wrestling thing EVER but sucked. They didnt have all the top WCW stars like Bischoff, Goldberg, Steiner, Nash, Sting, Luger, Jarrett, Flair, etc and essentially buried the guys like Booker T, DDP, and others during the feud. Sure all those names would eventually go to WWE, aside from Sting/Luger/Jarrett, within a year or so but the angle was already over.
I sometimes wonder if McMahon shot himself in the foot by appearing on Nitro. Perhaps it would had been better to give WCW a pure send off with no interference, find out when the Time Warner contracts ran out. If not too long he could avoid contract buy out costs and bring WCW guys in while memories of the Monday Night Wars were still fresh. Two years at max. I believe Jarrett was terminated on the last Nitro by Vince and it was legit.. It would had been smarter to just buy the guys out and work them to death in dream match story lines and dream match house shows. I am confident he would had gotten his money's worth. He needed to prove to Sting that WCW guys would not be downsized, marginalized, and abused. Vince failed, he has only his self to blame for Sting refusing his generous offer to join the WWF.

Imagine if Bischoff had aligned with Shane and started the faction with Steiner and the nWo/WCW leading the way and made to look dominant. Have them take over WWE TV for a week or two attacking WWE guys and taking out their top stars. ECW could have debuted as a face faction as Vince's last resort for help against the common enemy of Bischoff instead of the lame Alliance. It could have been a HUGE storyline but after about five months it was over before it ever started.

So there are three of my picks for events I would have liked to see differently, what are yours?
Thats another thing, why couldn't Paul Heyman or Todd Gordon run ECW? wHY COULDN'T bISCOFF run wCw? Why did Steph and Shane need to be inserted? That was another major example of the McMahon clan putting themselves over the athletes that work for them. Oh wait excuse me I forgot they do have credentials, a WWF World, WWF Women's, and WWF European title reign between them, right, they are rasslers too..
If they hadn't botched the invasion of wCw loyalists then ECW would had never been apart of the Alliance. Half the ECW guys needed to stay pro-WWF and a quarter pro WCW anyways. Being ECW alumni held no relevance. The whole storyline should had ran 2 or so years and should had culminated at WM..
CWU said:
1- Jeff Hardy wins the WWE championship and Word Heavyweight Championship. WWE made a big mistake in this. Jeff Hardy was just some addicted that wanted to be world champion. I´m not against the fact that he is an addict I am against the fact that he didn´t care for his job, his fans and his carrer.
There was a choice between several guys who had earned either titles, Matt Hardy being one, and a guy who could sale tickets with ease. I'm gonna let of of the ethically challenged McMahon here because I sure even he though "damn, this is a tough call.."
I don't know if he wanted to be World champion, I seen no indicators or hints. I heard he was concerned with his band RoxyCotin making it bigger then Fozzy..
hamler said:
1) Never should've removed Kane's mask.
The guy seemed to be the total package. He was my favorite from around 2001 until he took the mask off in 2003. Granted, the RAW when he removed the mask was one of my favorites
Yeah okay how much did the mask really do for him between 1997 and 2003? A one day reign with the WWF title he got buy outside interference from another character whos shadow his character lived in, then a he got stunted on by X Pac and Torri.. Then he tried to be funny at one point I think. Kane has two periods I would describe as his prime, right after his unmasking when he briefly became dominant and then right after his debut when he main evented, captured the title from Austin, and had the intrigue of the wrestling universe. Even his current reign as World champ or his reign as ECW brand champ have not equaled those two periods yet.
Bionic Redneck said:
Never have let anyone start being lowered from the rafters, that way Owen Hart would still be alive.

Kept Bret Hart from leaving the WWE. He was used so poorly in WCW that he never should have been there in the first place.
Why? did swinging from rafters ever kill Sting or HBK? He would had died some other way most likely. Pyro mishap, ring ropes giving out, etc. Nothing could be done.. Why would Bret not leave after McMahon reneged on his own contract outright? Oh because you said so. Right.. The WWF lost Hart because they did not have the funds and they would had lost him anyways because they had moved past the Hitman era. How any of that would save Owen I still don't know..
Rasha said:
Imagine where Scott Hall's career, and maybe even his personal life, might have gone if he'd stayed in the WWE. I bet he'd have seen a World Title at some point. Maybe the more structured environment would have helped him battle his demons and avoid the issues that took him down
Are you for real man? Are you kidding me? The employer was not the issue, the employee was. Where ever you put Mr. Hall its only a matter of time before he started trippin. I wonder if he had that issue in the AWA.. Either way he had poor discipline and him being the flag ship of the WWF would had lead to gluttony and excess. Razor Ramón would had been Scott Hall's death knell. The pressure is what always hurthim and I think he has said thattoo. Now I would had given Ramón a world title in either company because he can sale but ultimately he would buckle nomatter the over sight.

1) Wouldn't have Kane remove his mask back then, I'd probably book him, so when hes about to leave the WWE, then remove his mask, so the fans can finally see how he looked like all those years.

2)The invasion angle, instead of, having Angle and Austin go to team alliance, I would have somehow signed the NWO, Steiner, Sting, etc, but still would have kept guys like Booker T and DDP, and start a feud betwen, some Mid Carders in WWE, Booker T vs Edge would have been good, and could have gone on till WM 18, Not sure about who DDP would face, Can't really think of anybody from the top of my head...But my 5 vs 5, at Survivor Series would be, The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Kane Vs Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sting, Scott Steiner.

Three more...

1; Lesnar leaving. He was the real deal.
2; Never really pushing Christian. Captain Charisma outfit >>> most any ring walk gear 've seen.
3; Hiring Goldberg I would not have done. Even with his drawing power back then. Unless you felt like burying all of your guys to this outsider

I aint going to go down the "I'd have saved anyone" route cos thats fate... you could have pushed Owen to the moon after Montreal, never screwed Bret and had them both die on a plane crash that night... Ditto for Benoit, until 2 days before he was as normal as he'd been for 20 years...

From a WWE stand point I'd have radically done things differently these 3 times... I also explain where it would have led...

1990/1991 - Had Ravishing Rick Rude defeat The Ultimate Warrior at Summerslam 1990. Rude was the best heel WWE ever let go... he was far more deserving of the Title run that Slaughter got but the Iraq angle took over... With Rude as champion, Hogan and Warrior eliminate each other from the Rumble, thus setting up a rematch at Wrestlemania in a steel cage. Meanwhile, Rick Rude becomes embroiled in a feud with Randy Savage after he makes moves on the newly returned Miss Elizabeth AND Sensational Sherri turns on him, costing him a win in the Rumble. After a beatdown from the Mr. Perfect on Heenans orders, Savage is sidelined just weeks from Wrestlemania. It's touch and go as to whether Savage can make it up to bell time and Heenan tries to lobby for Mr. Perfect to get the match... One week before, Savage is nowhere to be seen and the world is stunned when it seems he is our challenger... however he is merely the distraction... Perfect in a shock move announces that he is tired of Heenan and Rude's manipulations and he made sure that Savage was not beaten up and has been helping him prepare for the match... Savage comes up short on the night and Perfect and Rude feud over the title.

1992 - Pushed Davey Boy Smith to the World title instead of Bret Hart... Forget the roid scandals etc at this point Vince could have still hushed it up... I would seriously have had Davey crush Flair in Saskatoon in the manner Diesel did Backlund... while still IC champion. this would have fuelled the Bret Hart/Davey Boy Smith rivalry for 2 more years, with Bret winning the Royal Rumble and going to WM9 to fight and ultimately beat Davey for his first run... from there the "rubber match would have taken place at WM10 in London... Davey again goes over... The benefits? The Smith/Hart rivalry could have electrified the WWE in a time when they were trying to get away from the old guard... Tatanka would have been the tourney winner and dropped to Michaels after a few months... 4 new stars would have been made... rather than the tepid Yokozuna and Lex Luger pushes...and WWE would have become a truly global entity, able to capitalise on its then popularity in the UK... The PPV model might have been very different had this happened!

2001 - Not keeping WCW a seperate company. Not just a seperate "brand" but a completely seperate entity, run by seperate people. This was the epic fail of the Invasion... it was ultimately futile as it was always going to be "just another WWE angle"... Had the companies stayed seperate, with seperate shows, titles and rosters then when the "invasions" or dream matches happened they would have been highly anticipated, worth a much higher gate, buy rate and gross and have been major entertainment events. Vince likens WM to the superbowl... had WCW still been "on its own" then it would really have been truly the superbowl of wrestling and the mainstream would have likely taken to it. Many of the same talents would ultimately have still gone through their same careers but when the Unified titles were made, imagine how much money that show would have made?

There's a lot with that organization.
Of course, let Owen Hart go 2 WCW. I don't care what anyone else says, even Million Dollar Man who's born again said if he was never on that harness he'd be alive 2day. Vince coulda thought of having a rivalry with Bret to keep him from going to WCW, think of it as a prequel to Austin/Vince. Let Bret agree to the screwjob & have the rivalry, maybe things woulda been different.

Having less PPV events. Maybe the owen & benoit tragedies would never had happened. Both their deaths happened at a non traditional ppv.

Stop the Jack McKay[90210] angle aka Vince's faked death. Death is nothing to joke or fool around with. Next thing you know 1 of their own died 4 real. Think about it, 2pac & Proof's final videos they had themselves shot 2 death & sadly they got shot dead in real life.

Go along with the Test marrying stephanie angle. Maybe HHH wouldn't have gotten to marry stephanie in real life & change the organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back