• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you could bring back one championship....

stavros241000

stavros241000
If you could bring back one championship from any promotion, what would it be and why? Also, who would be the "inaugural" champion?

For me, it would be a tie between the cruiser-weight championship and the european champion. I would pick the cruiserweight because that belt always carried great matches with it, cruiserweights will be entertaining no matter what. The inaugural champ would be Sin Cara to give him and the belt credibility immediately. I would bring back the European championship to replace the US championship because it has very little credibility anymore and it would be a great storyline for Antonio Cesaro to bring it back. It would also be interesting if this started a feud between Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro with Swagger being the face in America and Cesaro everywhere else(probably) so the all american american american american can bring back the belt with restored credibility and new heat for Cesaro and credibility for Swagger. It is the perfect time to bring back the European championships. Besides, is there any feud revolved around the US championship right now?

with all this international talent why not restore the WWF International title? I'd also like to see the tag titles split again and the jump starting methods used for the division applied to both brands. kane and bryan are cool as champs but at the same time mystero-cara and oneil-young could benefit from gettin the titles too. 3 man band could benefit from this scenario too..

I'd bring back the Cruiserweight Title. The WWE have enough high-flyers at the moment to rebuild a new Cruiserweight division, and part of the reason why people could tolerate watching 3 hours of WCW Nitro is because of the Cruiserweight division. If the WWE were to bring back the Cruiserweight division and they booked it right this time, maybe fans can begin to enjoy 3 hours of RAW just a little bit.

Like the poster above me said, with the third hour of Raw we have now a cruiser weight division would be great if done right. Not sure Vince ever knew what to do with a division like that, and I wonder if HHH could do anything positive if they brought the cruiser weight title back. I think there is enough talent now that they could pull it off right. I doubt it will ever happen, but it is for sure the belt I would want to see back.

The Cruiserweight Title or The Hardcore Title

I was always a big fan of both these belts. The Cruiserweights were a big part of the success of WCW and their high-flying risk-taking style was something different to the slower-paced main events that WCW put on. This could also be true of the 3-hour Raw, with a high-flying match or two to break up the show.

WWE have enough Cruiserweight talent on the roster currently to make this worthwhile, and if the rumours were to believed they were actually looking to make a Cruiserweight-specific show. They could always pick up talent like Alex Shelley and Amazing Red to top up the division, but from the current roster I would give it to Sin Cara.

Same for the Hardcore title. It would bring something different back to the table, as the chaotic, action-packed Hardcore matches of the Attitude Era were always entertaining. It wasn't a serious "Hardcore" style like ECW was putting on, it was more of a dumping ground for guys WWE had no plans for, but I still enjoyed the 24/7 rule, with the Champion oftern losing his title in the strangest of ways. From the current roster I don't think there are many suitable champions off the top of my head, but then who would have thought Crash Holly was to become a great Hardcore champion?

As hitting people with weapons doestn really fit in with the current direction of WWE, I am going to have to go with the Cruiserweight Title, I really think that could bring back something different to the 3 hour Raw's, and with that extra hour they have the time to make the belt actually mean something and have some proper feuds.

This is an easy choice for me and that's the Cruiserweight Title. They have plenty of smaller guys who can run and benefit from this division plus the hardcore title doesn't make sense in the PG era. It would be so watered down

why is it u guys are always advocating for the return of WCW's crusierweight title all the damn time? what did WWF do with its light-heavyweight title and why do none of you want to see that division with the same specs as WCW's CW division with the added misfortune of WWE oversight..? hows it going to be different this time around and how can it come back after Hornswaggle..? I mean Madusa i guess but Hornswaggle was the death nail..

The Cruiserweight Championship for simple reasons. There is a lot of underutilized talent on the roster that fit the weight limit. They can be used early in the card to get the crowd pumped and ready for more. The Cruiserweights will finally have some programs to work with and make names for themselves. Then one day, they can become the ultimate underdog like Rey Rey.

The Cruiserweight Championship for simple reasons. There is a lot of underutilized talent on the roster that fit the weight limit. They can be used early in the card to get the crowd pumped and ready for more. The Cruiserweights will finally have some programs to work with and make names for themselves. Then one day, they can become the ultimate underdog like Rey Rey.

and as i said before how is that going to work if the WWF couldnt make its light heavyweight division work? do you know? What showq is it supposed to be defended on primarily?

The European Championship, and I'd also bring back the stipulation that title matches can only be held in Europe. It was a very prestigious title IMO, and the idea of having a legit tertiary title in the E again would be nice. I'm not so sure who I'd want to be the "inaugural" champion- maybe Tyson Kidd.

Bring back the TV Title. With the time limit draws, it's a good belt to build heels. They always keep the belt on a technicality and build heat on their way up the ranks. Probably start off with Christian as a heel for some legitimacy. With Zach Ryder always winning by DQ, count out or time limit draw.

And have the IC belt as the workers belt to at least guarantee one solid match per show. This way Kofi can feud with Daniel Bryan. Tyson Kidd, Damien Sandow, Rey Mysterio, and others.

Also, having The US belt as a good face building belt to get cheap pops and build off of patriotism and hometown sports teams. Like Santino win back the title and then have a storyline where he could try getting his US citizenship and in every town he comes out waving the flag and cheering the hometown team and putting down the hometown teams' rivals but saying things wrong like he always does.

The cruiserweight title would be awesome to bring back... but Vince would never give it the push it needs. It'll be like the treated like the Divas title... five minute matches, no music entrances, new comers beat the long standing champion in their first match, no storylines, no interviews, and feuds last for one month to build up to the pay per view dark match then onto to the next feud.

Bring back the TV Title. With the time limit draws, it's a good belt to build heels. They always keep the belt on a technicality and build heat on their way up the ranks. Probably start off with Christian as a heel for some legitimacy. With Zach Ryder always winning by DQ, count out or time limit draw.

That's actually a really good idea. You could really get a new heel some heat by having them using the time limit to their advantage, after looking like they were going to lose they keep hanging on to their belt by going to distance or grabbing a sneaky "last couple of seconds" win. That would really get the fans to turn against them and build sympathy for the face who was dominating but just couldn't quite finish them off in time. I also agree that Christian could be a good choice for this Champion.

I myself see the US title as the modern day European title since it is lower down the title pecking order than the IC title.

I could see WWE bringing back the Cruiserweight title since there are a few wrestlers under 220lbs and others that could be quickly brought into build up a proper division. I would just hope that former CW Champion Hornswoggle would be kept away from the title and the whole division in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back