IF he is available and the plans change for Mania....

That N Word

Actively evolving
I know plans won't change for Mania but I was thinking if WWE went ahead to have Bryan win at Fast Lane why not have Batista return to face Reigns. As far as I know he is not busy right now and a few months ago was expected to return. To my knowledge he was suppose to be in the RR match but plans changed. Why not have WWE go ahead with the Reigns heel turn if they choose Bryan over Reigns. Think about it Batista returns the night after Fastlane and stating he is back and gets to choose his opponent for WrestleMania. Reigns sneaks up and spears Reigns. He say's the next week that he speared Batista last week because he is tired on former stars returning and getting special treatment why he is the winner of the RR is left without a match at Mania. He challenges Batista to a match at WrestleMania. The two clash in one of the Mania main events with Batista as face,Roman as heel.

My first thought, "last years reject against this years reject." If they remove Reigns w/out a massive push forward they have all but ruined him going forward. In a scenario like this I would suggest Wyatt or Ziggler inserting themselves. They could dump the Wyatt/Taker bout and let Bray say he is the true chosen one or have Ziggs sick of individuals being given priority over him. Ziggler could really play up taking the "brass ring" over being given it.

No thanks. Batista in 2015 is not that compelling of a character or talent in or out of the ring to make me want to see him compete with Reigns. Reigns, who is also not that compelling of a character and does not appear to be that great in the ring.

The only way this has a chance to work is if Reigns aligns himself with The Authority. And even then there are plenty of other guys on the roster who should get the role of having a shot at taking down Reigns.

Plus, isn't Batista shooting Specter? His acting career is going well, he should stick to it and ignore his past.

GSB gave me a crazy idea.

At Fast Lane HBK Super Kicks the heck out of D Bry.

Reigns wins. H comes out and shakes their hands.

WM, Reigns vs. Brock and HBK vs. Bryan

:lol:

In a recent interview with Shawn, he did allude somewhat to the possibility of one more match.

Ntm, I, amongst others, have also wondered if somehow, the Rock vs Bryan was possible...

Either way, it would be a great swerve and I am sure fans would play along in the majority.

That is about the only match that the fans would be happy with for Bryan other than the title...besides they practically set that match up for last year anyway after Shawn screwed him

As to Batista the only way I would want to see him back is as Drax ;)

It also wont work if they did the match Reigns has to go over and I cant see Batista coming to get beat again...He is still probably sore that his win at Mania was taken away....and his big match at Summerslam never happened either (h was supposed to lose to Brock at one point) . To his credit he stayed on and took the losses with evolution...but it wasnt the return he was promised

To my knowledge he was suppose to be in the RR match but plans changed.

Plans changed, that's for sure, yet none of us know how drastically. No matter what WWE might say in press releases, both they and Batista must have been seriously disappointed at the negative manner in which he was received by the WWE fans. Naturally, no one wants to say too much, because what can they say?

Regardless of how much Batista might say he returned because he loved pro wrestling too much to stay away, there must have been mountains of money thrown at him to get that love burning again. Then, the company probably regretted getting involved with him in the first place while Batista himself surely wished he never came back.

Now, it's easy for him to point to his movie career as a reason he's "cut back" on his wrestling participation, but I still find it hard to believe his WWE tenure was originally scheduled to be as brief as it was. It was my feeling they had big plans for him, which might have even included a world championship run, and it changed big time once they saw how poorly the fans were taking to him.

So, your idea about Batista appearing at WM31 is interesting, but given the fan response to his last comeback, WWE must shudder to think what might happen if they tried again to insert him at the top of the card.....and wound up with a Wrestlemania concluding with the fans booing the whole thing.

Fool Vince McMahon twice.....shame on him. He won't let that happen.

Right now Batista is on the verge of a serious push in Hollywood. Much like the Rock did during the same stage in his career Batista needs to distance himself from pro wrestling. In the circles that matter to his career pro wrestling is still viewed as a side show.

I know plans won't change for Mania but I was thinking if WWE went ahead to have Bryan win at Fast Lane why not have Batista return to face Reigns. As far as I know he is not busy right now and a few months ago was expected to return. To my knowledge he was suppose to be in the RR match but plans changed. Why not have WWE go ahead with the Reigns heel turn if they choose Bryan over Reigns. Think about it Batista returns the night after Fastlane and stating he is back and gets to choose his opponent for WrestleMania. Reigns sneaks up and spears Reigns. He say's the next week that he speared Batista last week because he is tired on former stars returning and getting special treatment why he is the winner of the RR is left without a match at Mania. He challenges Batista to a match at WrestleMania. The two clash in one of the Mania main events with Batista as face,Roman as heel.

Interesting idea. However, Batista will probably never be able to recapture his popularity from 10 years ago in the WWE. Maybe if he went to TNA but as for WWE, he's best as a heel and that seems to be the way fans react to him better.

If HBK is to come back for one more match it is pretty much a given it is going to be Triple H's retirement match. He isn't going to come back for a lame teacher vs student storyline it is going to be to end of the career of his best buddy Triple H. The only other person I could see retiring Triple H is Batista.

As for Batista, he will probably have one last run and ironically it will probably end with Triple H retiring him. I would still love to see Batista vs Brock but sadly that ship has sailed and the fans at Rumble 2014 are to blame for that.

I don't see Bryan winning at Fast Lane. I see Reigns turning heel and going to WM before anything else. A triple threat happened last year, please not again zzz

Reigns sneaks up and spears Reigns
Wow, he spears himself. Now thats something I would like to see. :p

Dont think they would change plans that much and right now Batista is not needed too much...

Ntm, I, amongst others, have also wondered if somehow, the Rock vs Bryan was possible...
Couple of days ago was reminestenting and watched bits of RAW 1000 when Bryan said that he would end somehow in that Royal Rumble match with Rock and at the end he got "Rock bottom". Would be really cool, but dont think WWE would like that. And while Rocks antics as face insulting Cena worked because lots of fans like to boo Cena, in match with Bryan he would have to be heel. Dunno if WWE and Rock are prepared for that...

I don't know how the hell Shawn Michaels came up in this thread... but I doubt he ever steps foot in the ring again. Maybe ONE last time in a once in a lifetime program but that's about it.

As for Batista... Personally, I would dig this if it was just Batista coming back as a one off match with Reigns, but it probably wouldn't be as popular with the majority of wrestling fans (IWC and casual).... not at all. I've always been alright with Batista just because it's obvious he GETS it. When he's in the ring, his character is himself and it works, it's just the rest of his game that was lacking since his return. If this ever were to happen, I think Batista would need to come back as a mega-heel (like Hollywood Rock) to really get the fans behind Reigns. Than they can start him off as a mega-face after Mania. I doubt this happens though as it kills Reigns current momentum heading into Mania.

I would rather see Daniel Bryan vs. Batista, I can see Batista costing Daniel Bryan his match with Reigns at Fast Lane taking revenge on DB.

Batista can say that he is Hollywood and like The Rock he can come in and out of the WWE anytime he wants. Daniel Bryan then challenges Batista at WM31, Batista scoffs at the idea but Bryan convinces him to. The stipulation from the Authority will be that Batista wins then Daniel Bryan will never have another World Title Shot again, if Bryan wins than Batista will never return to the WWE.

This will actually be a high profile match with Batista already getting heat especially last year. Of course Daniel Bryan wins, and a huge "nah nah nah good bye" chant erupts and as Batista walks off the ring the crowd does a huge "YES" chant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back