Idea for new "mid-level" belt

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepoo62

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think TNA needs to capitalize on its characteristics that seperate it from the WWE: the interaction with outside indy feds. TNA can create a "TNA Independent Championship" or "TNA Indy National Belt" or something that can be fought over by anyone within TNA but can also be used when the TNA talent work there Indy bookings. Imagine the storylines that can come out of this as cross promotional bookings always seem like dream matches for some reason. It could be a reasonable way to bring in a new talent to the main roster. Its not like TNA thinks it is better than Indys like WWE does even though TNA has tv, name brand talent and high production values. Other feds like ROH, IWA-Mid South and JAPW coul allow TNA workers to defend the belt on their shows, possibly allow it to be broadcasted through the web site or something, and both companies come out looking better. TNA gets fresh matchups and get to show some tof the unique move sets Indy guys have while the Indy feds get some national expossure.

I think a huge tournament could start it off as TNA and Indy talent some how mix it up first in their respective feds (seen through the web site and highlight packages on Impact) and then culminating in TNA and finally on PPV. It is a unique approach to the industry without just stealing talent. Let me know what you all think.

yea deff, that is the kind of belt they need there is no point introducing a TV/US/IC style title, because in my opinion the X division title is more than a lightweight/highflyer title it is the IC/TV/US title equivilent, i really like the idea of the "TNA Independent Championship", and it would be a great way for TNA to use wrestlers that Arent quite as refined or well known but are still growing and have talent.

I do think though that they should wait till they get a bigger TV timeslot, the roster already needs two hours a week, with another belt to feud over it would just clog the show up some more.

Although (my brain is actually working overtime) Introducing the title now and follow the matches from all the different promotions on the net, TNA already utilises Youtube alot, why not have the Belt pop up every few weeks on impact and at PPV's and track its progress with online broadcasts.

Totally agree with the idea of an Indy title but there also comes a few complications a lot of these Indy shows don't really want the Main stream exposure. Sure the talent might wanna be a big name but the companies themsleves tend to stick to a more simple form of production. also for any title to be introduced into TNA 2 hours would definitely be needed. The shows on TNA were much better,match wise, when they were on PPV. The wrestlers had longer matches teh stories had more time to develop now it just seems all to rushed they're trying to push 5 stories in 1 hour and it's just too much. but the idea of the Indy belt is great just not righ tnow

So more time is needed...this is true but I also think the development of this title and the future use of it would simply be a caviat to current talent and the story lines they would be taking time to tell already. For example, I think a guy like Chris Daniels could be the first champion of this belt after winning the whole tournament. He is going to have a storyline either way so why not build it around something like this as opposed to a cheating girlfriend or some other lame steriotype. The belt simply has the ability to be used in other promotions (this makes it unique) but it would still probably take the role of a mid card title within TNA. New talent from other promotions would usually be involved with the belt in there respective promotions while TNA tv time would be used with TNA talent. What I'm trying to say is a belt doesn't take up time, it adds to the impact of the time being used by current TNA wrestlers.

i don't care about a tna mid card but ecw needs belts
i think all four belts should come back
world
ftw
tv
tag team

A belt doesnt tke up time, it dilutes talent, as it is only realistic to have selected members of the roster only, vie for a title. and thus focus on a new mid level title would remove some people who wouldnt be seen as worthy mid card champs either down the card or out the spot light.

Also yes, ecw needs more titles, but they need more of a roster first

dboy1373 said:
i don't care about a tna mid card but ecw needs belts
i think all four belts should come back
world
ftw
tv
tag team

Hmm warning for spamming up the TNA Forum, with WWE things.. If you hate TNA, stay out of the forum.

Does need anoter belt... I'm thing the TNA TV title... They will soon have a two hour time slot... The belt can be defended every week either the first or second match in to the show... The title can be called the TNA IMPACT TV TITLE.

I would like to see those matches, but only if the people who come from indys were to be able to come on there every week for a substantial amount of time which I don't think would be able to happen. My opinion has always been that they should bring in the NWA Continental title.

That's an excellent idea. I agree that it would be an excellent way to keep the roster fresh. Whoever has the belt can show up on TNA and enjoy all the benefits of defending their belt everywhere. It would be a great way to see guys like less-seen wrestlers like Chris Hero, Bryan Danielson (I'm surprised he's not itching to sign with TNA), Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, Ruckus, and Jack Evans.

Not a big necro butcher fan personally, i do agree it would be a great thing, there needs to be a Floating title than can be passed around between feds and wrestlers, it would be great.

Personally I dont get why TNA doesn't do this with all its titles. I never got the exclusive to the company idea behind WWE, WCW and TNA. All indy titles can be defended at other indy events, while the company whose title it is retains full control of how it gets defended and won/lost.

It is senseless to keep it exclusive to the company. And just for the simple reason that it opens up a whole new world and adds legitimacy to the titles and the federation to have it defended outside. Think about MMA and boxing and how all the different federations allow for the unification of titles and how they work cooperatively to provide a better experience. And its not even scripted!!!

I would love to see more indy guys in TNA. The X-Division in particular needs some new faces. Its always the same dudes fighting against the same opponents. Bring in Bryan Danielson, Matt Sydal, Davey Richards, KENTA, Super Dragon, Ruckus, Jack Evans, Roderick Strong, and an influx of some luchadores would be awesome - I really miss that dimension to the division. Getting rid of spastics like Shark Boy and Norman Smiley wouldn't hurt either. Dido for giving Elix Skipper and Low-Ki the respect they deserve.

And I agree that the X-Division title is already equivalent to an IC/US title. Bringing in another secondary title would diminish the prestige of the X-Division title. IMO, even though I hate the idea, the only way to introduce another title and not diminish the X-title would be to have a completely fresh division in itself.

Enter the Hardcore title. I personally have always hated hardcore titles as I see them as unnesecary and past attempts such as the WWE's have been a disaster. But what if it just meant that the rulebook was thrown out for matches in this division. Weapons don't have to be used but there is always the chance they may come into play, its a novelty for fans and allows for the division to double as the "TV Title Division". Every division match could just be a brawl, no need for rope breaks and count-outs, its just last man standing leaves the ring the winner. Think about it like this. TNA does its normal thing, but in every event it will have just one CZW style contest - not necessarily involving the introduction of weapons but there will be blood, lol.

Just a thought. I think it could work, as long as they keep the 24/7 rule out of it, lol.

It definetly needs to be a fresh division to keep in toon with being different and thus possibly better than the WWE. TNA already seems like the "big time" for indy wrestlers that have big work rates instead of big bodies. TNA guys already wrestle in Indy feds and put on seriously great matches..why doesn't TNA address this and take advantage of it while helping form a coalition against the big bad WWE...oh and ECW really is way worse than TNA right now...

thepoo62 said:
It definetly needs to be a fresh division to keep in toon with being different and thus possibly better than the WWE. TNA already seems like the "big time" for indy wrestlers that have big work rates instead of big bodies. TNA guys already wrestle in Indy feds and put on seriously great matches..why doesn't TNA address this and take advantage of it while helping form a coalition against the big bad WWE...oh and ECW really is way worse than TNA right now...

Amen. Its a fantastic idea, and if done right could even be a revolutionary thing in wrestling. Its something that has never been done in mainstream wrestling in the USA before and it would open up a whole new world and a whole new range of possibilities. And in all seriousness who wouldn't want to bare witness to the potential stuff to come out of it. Can you imagine an ROH Invasion of TNA and vice versa. The ROH title defended at a TNA PPV, the NWA World Title defended at an ROH event. And you could showcase and document it all and make wrestling fans realise, "hey, this wrestling thing is so much bigger than you ever thought".

And ECW is hands down the worst wrestling product I have seen in a long time. Don't get me wrong, Raw and Smackdown! for the most part suck, but at least they have some level of coherency and consistency. But I gotta give credit, this week's ECW wasn't all that bad. Thanks mostly to the efforts of CM Punk and to a lesser degree RVD.

Some possible story lines could be:

- The initial tournament with many of TNA's main Idy guys like AJ, Daniels and Skipper.
- An Indy guy that signs with TNA can make his debut by winning the Indy Title
- An Indy promotion can try and re-crisin the belt as there own (like the Franchise in ECW) but a TNA guy can win it back
- An all out invasion (ROH)

These ideas might seem far fetched because why would TNA and an Indy fed actually collaborate when they are direct competitors? The answer is money and they need to realize they aren't competing with each other, there is a huge part of the "pie" controlled by Vince and they can all make a boat load of money by just taking some of it away from the WWE.

They don't need another belt. They don't have time for another belt. I think the 3 titles now are fine. It makes the X-Title and the World Title mean that much more. Titles are overrated as it is. I like how they only have 3 belts. It brings prestiege back to them. Something not many belts have right now (ROH Title is pretty much the only prestieges title left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back