• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IC25 Calling Out Mighty NorCal

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Appropriately enough, I am calling NorCal out in the cage, and I am calling him out about the cage!

After an epic - borderline shouting match - debate we had Sunday night during the PPV, we were all set to get embroiled in a great point/counterpoint thread about how Steel Cage Matches should end. You argued to me that the worst way to end a match is with one guy running away and escaping.

Ironic.

Dammit, you're my fellow Jersey Triad and Heartbreak Foundation member! Meet me in the General section, or MEET ME IN THE CAGE!

What's the point in a cage match if it ends in submission pinfall when we now have a HIAC match?

Wait, wait, WEEEEE were ready to be embroiled in as thread? A thread? No, YOU said "this would make a great thread" there was none of me saying I was gonna post in it

What's the point in a cage match if it ends in submission pinfall when we now have a HIAC match?

Do you see? You see this? this is the kind of shit. By saying what you just said, you are basically proving my point. What im getting at would fly WAY over everyones head.

Hell in a Cell - Blowoff for a feud that locks two men inside with no rules and plenty of extra space to kill each other.

Steel Cage - Keeps others out. The point of the match is to escape.

So then, everyone is maintaining tha the basic theory behind HIAC and the old skewl cage matches are just oh so wildly different.

Well. There we have it

Hell in a Cell - Blowoff for a feud that locks two men inside with no rules and plenty of extra space to kill each other.

Steel Cage - Keeps others out. The point of the match is to escape.

and why, pray tell, would you want to be sure to keep others out?

I agree with NorCal in principle to the point where I recall making a thread saying the cage match is obsolete. Something does its job better now. The escape stuff has never really floated my boat. Seeing a babyface I love running from the fight kills me a little every time. And cage matches are so overused that I've been rendered quite dead internally.

The cage match has always been presented as the ultimate battle.

Lock the guys IN, and keep everyone ELSE out.

So it always seemed stupid to me that the objective in the match was to run away from your opponet.

Apparently im right, becuase the WWE has now made HIAC the blowoff match to feuds. The matches however, inherently, in build and in concept, follow the same theory

Keep the guys in, and everyone else out

Actuelly I think the reason HIAC was even created was to keep DX from getting involved in Taker and HBKs match, so they could finally have a clear and decisive end to the feud

So it always seemed stupid to me that the objective in the match was to run away from your opponet.

Apparently im right, becuase the WWE has now made HIAC the blowoff match to feuds. The matches however, inherently, in build and in concept, follow the same theory

http://www.wwe.com/magazine/articles/momentsthatchangedwwe

NorCal wins.

More guys have gotten into steel cages than black people in Mel Gibson's ex. It's disgusting.

Yeah, I got nothing, you win

Cage matches should just be left off PPVs. It's a good gimmick for live TV, just lazy for PPVs. The only reason Sheamus and Cena had one was so that Sheamus could beat Cena again without pinning him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back