• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I miss the old Austin!!

Prax

I used to be a big deal
Don't get me wrong, I love that Stone Cold decided to come back in any way, shape or form, regardless of whether or not it was just to promote his movie, but everyone has to admit... it's just not the same.

His promos were fun the weeks leading up to WrestleMania, but they really weren't the same as the ones from back in the 90s and early 00s. Looking at Austin now and looking at Austin from the Attitude Era you can tell he was much healthier back then and in much better shape. But I mean if he's not going to be wrestling anymore he doesn't need to look like a wrestler.

I highly suggest you all go out and find some old Austin matches tomorrow, you only truly appreciate what he did for the business looking at it in hindsight. Pretty much any match he had was fun to watch and entertaining.

Everyone share you best Austin memories here!

hahaha dude...in my mind nothing sticks out like the night when he and bret hart had that no holds barred fight, and austin crushed his wrist with that chair...and then they load bret into the ambulance and austin turns around from the driver seat and says "I TOLD YOU WE ARE GOIN STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!"...haha i was really young at that point, 6th or 7th grade i belive, and i had never EVER seen something like that onwrestleing...and i was a huuuge bret hart fan before he turned heel, so it made me hate him so much more during his heel run, I really did feel and scream for every last one of those punches and chair shots steve was delivering....and im not sure exactly when it was, i think it was before one of the royal rumbles, when austin was running around and stunning everyone, heel or face, in every match, that was sooo hilarious lol

Aww the good old days of wrestling huh? When we didn't have to worry about the politics on the internet, and we didn't know whether it was real or fake (for us young kids anyway)..

One of my favorite moments has to be WrestleMania 14 match. It was my first pay-per-view that i got to watch live on tv, and it was just such a well done main event. Austin was really entertaining in that match.

That and pretty much any of the shit he pulled on the Rock and McMahon, lol!

lol Yeah the good ol days when I was young innocent and thought what I was seeing was seeing was real,I used to love Austin espically his feuds with Hart,HHH,ROCK they were always just good

yea basically most all of stone colds stuff was pretty golden back in the day, a lot of people pay so much attention to his promo work, and forget how highly skilled of a competitor he was in the ring, he had many many great matches....the ones with the rock, mankind/dude love, bret hart 1 and 2, and the subsequent fights, the program with the rock over the IC title...awesome stuff

Oh my god lets see:
(in no order)

-Austin 3:16 says i just whooped your ass
-WM13 blood bath vs Bret Hart
-driving his truck to the ring to win the IC belt from Rock and destroys the whole nation
-forfeiting the IC title back to Rock cause "i got bigger things and thats the WWF title"
-Candian Stampede...giving all of canada the finger multiple times
-Winning Rumble 98
-stunnig everyone in the weeeks up to Rumble
-filling Vinces corvette with cement
-driving the zamboni to the ring to attack Vince
-using the monster truck
-attacking Kane in the Hell in the Cell with Undertaker not able to get in
-after getting hit in the head with a shovel returns the next week and just walks out and stunners the headbangers then says "by my calender buried alive is 13 days away but i aint waiting that long and undertaker is gonna be wearing this shovel tonight"
-him and kane putting paul bearer in a sewer
-getting fired after not couting the 3 for undertaker or kane
-holding vince hostage with a bow and gun
-going face to face with Mike Tyson "you can call yourself the baddest man on the planet but right now you have your little eyes locked on thee eyes of the worlds toughest son of a bitch" then flipped him off
-Winning the WWF Title at WM14
-wearing a suit jusat to rip it off
-Winning WWF Title at WM15
-the new CEO
-beating undertaker on raw to win the Title
-helping the Rock win WWF Title from HHH
-hunting down the man who hit him with a car
-using a construction crane to destroy HHH's car
-winning rumble 2001

...i could go on forever but thats basically some until wm 17

I think a Stone Cold DVD is coming out later this year...give me 3 discs with matches and one extra with all the moments kennyg9 just listed, and then some, including his duet with The Rock, "What?", when he kicked Brock Lesnar's ass for jacking his four-wheeler, when he kicked Eric Bischoff's ass, when he made McMahon piss himself, unleashing that snake on Triple H....oh man, I could go on forever Austin 3:16 for life

aww man. Stone Cold Steve Austin. I grew up watching him and i will say without question he is my favorite wrestler of all time. no matter if hes giving the middle finger, cracking open some beers, or stunnering some s.o.b. who deserves it, he is the most enjoyable wrestler to watch of all time.

I think that if he can't wrestle, when he does cut promos, they need to be some of the most memorable ones. He's healthy enough to blow up a DX express isn't he? I was about 8 or 9 when he really made it big and I loved every minute of the Austin Era. He gave us all he had. Though, In my mind, the Tyson storyline started it all. Austin still could be the old Austin, but he can't wrestle. At all. I still think that Austin was a better wrestler in WCW. Once he made it big in the World Wrestling Federation, people paid to hear him cuss out McMahon. Not to see him wrestle.

Some of Austin's greatest moments:

1. Singing to Vinny Mac backstage with Kurt Angle rocking the acoustic guitar. Even Austin clearing his throat was awesome "EH HA HA HA EEEEEH alright!" Austin was the man

2. His duet with The Rock where they sang The Gambler by Kenny Rogers and Pina Colada by Jimmy Buffet along with some Elvis tunes I think. Great classic Rock and vintage Austin they both had the best senses of humor.

3. Throwing The Rock's prestigious IC title off in that river. Thats when it MEANT something to be the IC champ.

4. Spraying the Corporation down with the beer truck!

5. The Austin 3:16 promo on Jake Roberts when he won KOTR.

6. Making fun of Pat Pattersons "Stupid little haircut" when he invaded the announce set and took all the whole tray of beers from the beer vendor during the Raw where Mick Foley was made to destroy Terry Funk while Austin sat there threatening the King and Jr. This was one of the best and funniest Austin moments I can remember. Just a personal fave thats all.

7. Starting a fight with Mike Tyson and ruining Vince McMahon's whole ceremony involving bring him in. "YOU RUINED IT YOU SON OF A BITCH YOU RUINED IT!!!"

8. The whole McMahon Austin feud nuff said

Damn Steve Austin, you made wrestling so good that there is no way in hell anyone, anywhere will ever be able to replicate what you brought to the table. You raised the bar almost too damn high and it's impossible to get over it.

Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass changed the entire face and direction that the company was going to go in. He commited blasphemy while berating a livign legend, two birds with one stone.

WM 13, he wore his crimson mask wonderfully. Honestly, has there been anyone that got his ass kicked that badly in the business, but still made himself look like a bad ass.

The Pillman Gun Incident: Since I live in Cincy, this was badass. Local radio guys ate thie up as they loved Pillman. Everyone sold it and it pissed the network off. Much props go to, and perhaps moreso then Austin, to the late Great Brian Pillman.

Austin Stuns McMahon in the Garden. Holy Shit,s omeone just nailed McMahon. Coupled that with Undertaker double Chokeslamming both Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, this night was a collective cannon shot towards WCW.

Austin calls out Mike Tyson. So Tyson ripped someone's ear off, which i pissed away 50 bucks to watch a 3 round fight. I wanted to kick Mike Tyson's ass, so I'll let Stone Cold do it.

Anything involving Stone Cold and a vehicle is gold. You know something really expensive is about to get destroyed, poor corvette.

I could go on for hours. The man was so damn good at getting a reaction from people. Hell, even getting into duets with Kurt Angle was funny as hell. Steve Austin, in my opinion, meant more to the business ten fold then Hulk Hogan ever will.

Austin simply put is the greatest performer of my generation. Everything he touched turned to gold in the good old days. I sitll get the same buzz from seeing him now than what I used to. Its just a shame that we dont see him on TV as much anymore. Long live Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Not my favourite but one that hasn't been listed here yet....the bed pan to McMahon's head followed by the 'enema'. Couple that with Socko and that has to be one of the most memorable Raw's I can remember.

Ah...old school Steve Austin. The Dangerous Alliance, The Hollywood Blondes, "Stunning" Steve Austin...oh wait...that's too far back.

Yeah I miss all the Attitude era memories, but damn Austin was one hell of a heel back in the early 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back