• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Have Never Been So Interested in Professional Wrestling in My Entire Life

Other than the Shield and the Wyatts, i've never been more disgusted and bored by the WWE in a while.

This is shapping up to be the worst Wrestlemania of all Time.

Other than the Shield and the Wyatts, i've never been more disgusted and bored by the WWE in a while.

This is shapping up to be the worst Wrestlemania of all Time.

I don't know about that, I think this may shake up to be one of the best overall events from an in-ring perspective in a long time. Lesnar/Taker have had some epic battles in the past and Lesnar can (literally) carry Taker if necessary, but a match between the two at Mania could very well end up among the top five Taker Mania matches of all time.

Shield/Wyatts speaks for itself at this point.

Bryan vs. Triple H could be surprisingly good, depending on how hard HHH decides he wants to try.

Cena vs. Bray Wyatt is very intriguing and could also prove to be better than expected.

I would expect there to be some sort of tag team match, perhaps one with multiple teams, and given how strong the top tag teams in WWE are right now this could prove to be a great match too.

Honestly, the only guaranteed stinker is Orton/Batista but all of the most recent Mania main events have been a bit...underwhelming.

The way the OP puts it, I am convinced that 2014 WWE is starting out pretty well. I am excited to see how the road to WM XXX develops. Especially after the 3/3 episode of RAW. I am a big Sheamus and Christian fan. Glad they are having a match against each other. Hope the program and match are satisfying. or hell, I HOPE ITS GREAT. But I wont feel slighted by the WWE if it isn't. I will feel slighted by Sheamus and Christian.

My complaints with wrestling are the same as they were in 2005. Lack of spontaneity. I always believed pro wrestling was presented best when it was "shot from the hip." I am not saying that these shows do not need preparation and planning, but come on guys, take a risk. Week by week planning. Sounds crazy? Well pro wrestling is pretty frickin crazy.

All I'm saying is, instead of driving with two hands, at ten and 2, just lean back, put 2 fingers on the wheel and drive like hell. If you crash into a storefront, well there you have it, a grand entrance. And the show continues. The WWE needs more guys willing to think on their feet.

I have been an avid wrestling fan for years! Obviously everyone raves about the Attitude Era which is all well and good, it was great but for me personally I think the future is very bright. Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt will be Austin and Rock of the next generation.

The product has never been more wrestling oriented which is awesome as we constantly get to see at least one stellar match per show (usually including the shield)..and I see a spot way higher than the midcard for Seth Rollins, too exciting to not be..

As for Wrestlemania 30, I honestly think it will be great. Taker vs Lesnar will be an all out war, we just have to see what sort of shape Taker is in. HHH vs Daniel Bryan will be match of the night in my opinion, more anticipated than the B+ title match including Orton and Batista. I know it's not what everyone would like but I think it will happen in the end, whether or not it will be to late? who knows!..

I actually enjoy the product to. I like the slow shift we are starting to see from the older guys to the new guys. Which the young talent in NXT and WWE right now is FANTASTIC. This is one of the best classes in history as far as talent goes. I've been a fan for a long time to and even though I can name several other times where the product has been better, the product today is leaps and bounds better than what it was years ago. I actually am excited about mid card matches and superstars and I find myself totally marking out every week for stuff Bryan, The Shield, Bray Wyatt, and Cesaro do. With a good product and the network, WWE has made me obsessed again

It really is great to read that someone is enjoying the product as much as the OP said, and they are all valid points.

Lesnar is looking top draw right now. The guy isn't even wrestling. His 'match' with Show wasn't even a match. But his mouthpiece and his demeanour have encapsulated what we need more of in wrestling. He has an aura about him. He really is a badass. I am very much looking forward to the Mania match.

Daniel Bryan's run is fantastic. I am just happy sitting back and enjoying the ride. We will see where it goes. i have faith. Everything will work out correctly and in Bryan's favour in the end.

CM Punk's situation is really intruiging and even if he doesn't come back, it has generated more interest that a lot of things over the last few years.

The Shield and the Wyatts deserve seriously good things going forward. Both of their matches were top draw and all six guys deserve all the success in the world.

I concur, right now there is very little that the WWE is doing wrong.

Honestly, I don't agree. I suppose I'm just cynical from the last 10 years of wrestling, but I know what HHH's involvement in storylines ends up with. I'd be surprised if we don't see HHH beat Bryan at Mania and we simply get Batista vs Orton.

Right now I'm genuinely on the fence about buying Wrestlemania for the first time. If WWE don't pull the Daniel Bryan trigger now it'll show that they simply don't know what they're doing anymore. Nexus, Summer of Punk and now perhaps the YES! Movement. I haven't given WWE any money aside from Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble for a while, and after the last several Royal Rumbles - and despite some mid-card excitement - the main event scene is turning me away from even giving them that.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not even the biggest Daniel Bryan fan out there, but if the WWE blow this one then it's clear they just can't cut it anymore.

Exactly, he HAS to win that belt at Mania. However, I'm not going to hate on the HHH match, because Bryan has to beat him as well to culminate this thing properly. HHH has this nasty habit of not being willing to get his comeuppance when it matters. He builds himself up huge as a heel and then turns face instead right when it's time for the big loss against the good guy. Or sometimes in a flip reverse, he switches to heel so he doesn't have to put over a new dominant heel & finally he'll lose a big match a few months/years down the line when it doesn't matter.

The same was happening with Bryan, Haich screws him over time & again, then right when it's time for him to get his comeuppance in November/December, he conveniently turns tweener & Bryan gets shuffled away. Remember, Punk was due for the HHH mania match, not Bryan. So I like the fact the hand of fate may have forced them to do right by him in the end.

The only Mania match right now i am looking forward to is Brock vs Taker. What got my interest peaked on Pro Wrestling again was seeing that NXT Arrival show. That Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayne was AWESOME!!!! The Bo Dallas vs Adrian Neville NXT title ladder match was just as good. Great wrestling on that show. It got me very excited that the WWE has some much promising future talent on its way up. Plus looking forward to seeing Alexander Rousev debut. He is an absolute powerhouse with impressive agility to boot.

I have always been pulled towards to WWE due to the compelling storylines...and partly due to a lack of good ones in addition to a dwindling roster in terms of quality, I went on a hiatus for the past couple of years.

Since SummerSlam, it has been obvious that there is a quality Roster available, and WWE has a base in which a few new Superstars can emerge if built up correctly. The storylines have been hit or miss at times, with the WWE sometimes pulling the plug and changing the direction for no apparent reason.

That said; Since the beginning of 2014, I have been hooked to RAW especially as most of the Shows have been done well enough. However, being introduced to dirt sheets and stuff, means I have been a bit pessimistic that the New Up and comers will be built correctly and realise their potential and that Wrestlemania will get the kind of card it deserves.

As for the In-Ring product; Simply the best I have seen in terms of length of matches and the quality shown, especially by many guys who I have been introduced to in the past few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back