I care as much about the World Cup...

Another thread hatin' on a sport you don't like?

originality1.jpg

Lol Nate, but I'd censor that. It's a PG Bar Room remember.

In all seriousness, a TNA fan (like myself) is praising footy for one redeeming feature, the crowd. When the TNA crowd at the Impact Zone reacts to anything hapening.

And yeah, an American who doesn't like soccer. That's nothing new. But if the clock doesn't stop every five minutes, can end scoreless and is only divided into two parts, then it has to be boring.

Because baseball with its nine innnings is thrilling isn't it?

Another thread hatin' on a sport you don't like?

Yup. Golf is next, followed by baseball.

Why does IDR get so much praise? Sorry, but the dude is a Cunt.

I consider myself an asshole, actually. Damn shame Mr. Anderson stole that gimmick from me – makes me look unoriginal, again.

But since this is the cage, I'd be doing it a disservice if I didn't insult you right back, so go suck your own tits you fat fuck.

Actually, I'd give you that – boxing is the toughest sport on earth, but hockey is the most difficult to play because it requires the greatest collection of skill to be applied in combination if you are to be effective at the game at all.

One thing is for certain though, when you don't have an investment in the outcome, baseball is lethally boring.

Absolutely. Toughest sport on earth.
They are some tough mofos but really though, hockey can be the most boring sport on earth. The rule changes helped alot but it was bad and still has some of the most boring games out there. These of course are personal opinions as are your feelings on soccer and baseball, but could you do me a favor and say it's just your opinion on the sport and not that they don't deserve to be sports, because that is just ludicrous and when you don't back up your statement you come off as ignorant.

They are some tough mofos but really though, hockey can be the most boring sport on earth. The rule changes helped alot but it was bad and still has some of the most boring games out there. These of course are personal opinions as are your feelings on soccer and baseball, but could you do me a favor and say it's just your opinion on the sport and not that they don't deserve to be sports, because that is just ludicrous and when you don't back up your statement you come off as ignorant.

This is the cage, man – both these threads were designed to be insulting on purpose. I actually don't care that anyone watches baseball, basketball, soccer or whatever – they're all sports. Hell, even NASCAR is a sport. Anything that requires physical exertion of any kind where a score is kept is a sport.

How'd you not get the b-ball joke, man? It was obviously a slight.

B-ball isn't a sport, it's a prison recreation? Seriously? That went over so many peoples' heads. :(

Actually, I'd give you that – boxing is the toughest sport on earth, but hockey is the most difficult to play because it requires the greatest collection of skill to be applied in combination if you are to be effective at the game at all.

One thing is for certain though, when you don't have an investment in the outcome, baseball is lethally boring.

Which skills? The hand-eye cooridination in baseball is 1000x harder than in hockey. Skating? I see what you're saying, but when you're on the ice for all your life it's not that difficult.

I have to disagree with you in advance, IDR, about your upcoming criticism of golf or baseball. I also disagree with you about basketball, but I am in total agrement with you about hockey. One of the best two games going (NFL first, NHL second).

You may be a little harsh in your criticism of soccer, though. It's such a fast-paced and exciting game. I remember watching it once, and a team actually scored two goals! What an offensive outburst!

Like watching paint dry.

This is the cage, man – both these threads were designed to be insulting on purpose. I actually don't care that anyone watches baseball, basketball, soccer or whatever – they're all sports. Hell, even NASCAR is a sport. Anything that requires physical exertion of any kind where a score is kept is a sport.

How'd you not get the b-ball joke, man? It was obviously a slight.

B-ball isn't a sport, it's a prison recreation? Seriously? That went over so many peoples' heads. :(
I got the joke. When I see wild claims with no backing about something I care about I get a bit hot under the collar. I just wanted to see where you were coming from.

I got the joke. When I see wild claims with no backing about something I care about I get a bit hot under the collar. I just wanted to see where you were coming from.

Take it in stride, man – look at any of my other non-spam threads here if you don't think I'm the type to back up my statements.

Cage is totally different – I'm just doing it to incite a riot. :)

I have to disagree with you in advance, IDR, about your upcoming criticism of golf or baseball. I also disagree with you about basketball, but I am in total agrement with you about hockey. One of the best two games going (NFL first, NHL second).

You may be a little harsh in your criticism of soccer, though. It's such a fast-paced and exciting game. I remember watching it once, and a team actually scored two goals! What an offensive outburst!

Like watching paint dry.

LOL!

I'm tellin' ya, man... to put it in terms we both will understand very well, it's like watching the NHL's worst PP go up against the best PK on any given night. Every shift you'll see the same thing happen – puck moves up the ice, through the NZ (mid-field) and then gets turned over in the offensive zone and sent all the way back down to be recollected and re-rushed. B.O.R.I.N.G.

Which skills? The hand-eye cooridination in baseball is 1000x harder than in hockey. Skating? I see what you're saying, but when you're on the ice for all your life it's not that difficult.

What skills? Have you ever played hockey before, man? Honestly?

Try skating AND handling a puck with a stick at the same time, then step it up and factor in the fact that the real game works at high-speed with guys 200lbs+ trying to knock you out of your own body within seconds of you touching the puck.

Take it in stride, man – look at any of my other non-spam threads here if you don't think I'm the type to back up my statements.

Cage is totally different – I'm just doing it to incite a riot. :)
I'm sure you do as do I, this is one of the subjects I especially like backing so I took my stance. I see what you're saying and that's fine, but if I made a thread about TNA not being wrestling in here I'm sure I'd get your two cents.

It's all good though.

What skills? Have you ever played hockey before, man? Honestly?

Try skating AND handling a puck with a stick at the same time, then step it up and factor in the fact that the real game works at high-speed with guys 200lbs+ trying to knock you out of your own body within seconds of you touching the puck.
I did and found that hitting a curveball was harder to do. Skating is like riding a bike though is what I'm getting at.

Hitting a curve-ball is one-dimensional, though. Granted it takes a level of skill to do effectively, I'd say it takes no more skill to do so than it does to drive a golf-ball.

Neither can hold a candle to the level of skill it takes to shoot a puck at full speed on skates, or to receive passes, pass with efficency, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back