How Will Sting Go Out?

DethMetal

Best for (the Music) Business
So, on the last episode of iMPACT Wrestling, we saw the return of Sting. Last we saw, he said he was going to put 100% into being a wrestler again. Now, for some reason, even when I saw the smeared face paint, I didn't expect Sting to return with his Joker gimmick. I expected the baseball bat, among other classic Sting antics. Yet there he was, dung-eating grin and all, going insane on Bobby Roode.

Seeing that got me thinking, how will Sting go out in TNA, and possibly his career?

Would he retire with his Joker gimmick? Will he retire with the classic surfer gimmick? Will he go back to the white and black (or red and black) face paint for his final run? How do you envision Sting going out?

I always have a small bit of hope for Sting to finally sign with WWE when he officially retires. Maybe go in with some GM duties, probably not even a match) and then end with the Hall of Fame.

Sting's only issue with WWE was how they were doing the Attitude Era(at least from what I can gather). So now that they're PG, I think it would be a great fit.

While I could see him going back to the blonde surfer gimmick for his very last match, I find it very doubtful. He doesn't tend to re-visit old gimmicks too often does he?

If he retires in TNA is more than likely that he retires as the Joker, i don't think he will go tho the WWE, maybe he will apear to induct someone else in to the hall of fame, but i guess you never know......

In a casket at Wrestlemania 30 when he loses to the Undertaker. I think his most entertaining time when he was using the colorful face paint.

One last match at a ppv, where he puts someone over, then on the next impact, they do what wwe did with flair with the ceremony. He goes to WWE and get inducted into the Hall of Fame and faces Undertaker. He obviously wouldnt win, but its a match we havent seen before and a perfect way for him to retire. After the Rumble, Id have him the first announced, then he could come on Raw and say that before he retires, he wants one match that he's never done and that's the streak.

In the way I'd expect him to — putting over a guy in his final match the way he nearly did with AJ Styles years ago before he decided there was still some gas left in the tank.

Sting is one of the most loyal, unselfish characters in the history of pro wrestling, and as such is almsot certainly going to take that to his character grave in TNA.

Honestly, I would still love to see him go out against Taker at Mania at some point, but I don't think that's going to happen. I could see him winning one more championship at Bound for Glory then getting a send off from TNA. Hopefully then he would be inducted to WWE Hall of Fame.

Wow...I am shocked at the Undertaker love being shown for Sting here...but I'll go a different route...

As painful as it might be to watch, I'd let Ric Flair and Sting have one last match together. Last one for them both, and at the end they both retire for good. They were the final match on the final Monday Nitro, and it'd be fitting that their last match overall would be against each other.

First off, let me say this. I highly doubt Sting will ever return to the neon, blond surfer gimmick. Look at his hair. It's thinning and receeding like no one's business. Most guys losing their hair won't cut it. So, unless there's a mixture of his neon gimmick and his crow gimmick, I don't see it happening.

I'd like to see Sting go back to the crow-esque serious gimmick and see him start a feud with some new talent and put them over. Like what Flair did for Sting. Have that feud and have a series of matches and end it with Sting putting that new talent over. That'd be a fitting end for such an iconic guy and it would be helping the next generation too. Win-win.

In the way I'd expect him to — putting over a guy in his final match the way he nearly did with AJ Styles years ago before he decided there was still some gas left in the tank.

Sting is one of the most loyal, unselfish characters in the history of pro wrestling, and as such is almsot certainly going to take that to his character grave in TNA.

This.

It's Sting. Steve Borden is one of the most business savvy guys the business has ever seen. He knows what is good for business and he knows what isn't. He knows when to reinvent himself and knows when to take a leave of absence. Sure he makes like ten returns a year, but it gets people talking so it's achieving its purpose.

Whether he goes out wearing "Crow" face paint or Joker style, I don't really care. Still the same man, the same moves, the same mannerisms and the same legacy. He said in an interview last year he's doing the Joker thing because he finds it fun. He deserves to have some fun after everything hes gave to the business.

Wow...I am shocked at the Undertaker love being shown for Sting here...but I'll go a different route...

As painful as it might be to watch, I'd let Ric Flair and Sting have one last match together. Last one for them both, and at the end they both retire for good. They were the final match on the final Monday Nitro, and it'd be fitting that their last match overall would be against each other.

I think Undertaker cause the only other person I'd want to see Sting wrestle IF he were to ever go to wwe is The Rock. However, Undertaker would be much more meaningful, since it would only be one match.

How explosive was Sting when he returned on Impact! I guess he probably can't keep that pace up through a very long match, but man he looked to be moving as quickly as a 25 year old!

Sting has been quite lucky over his career to not suffer too many injuries and so has the opportunity to go out with a big time match much like HBK did a few years ago. Who will it be against is the question and something TNA should plan towards in providing him with someone worthy of ending his career as I don't think he will ever set foot inside a WWE ring. Maybe receive a Hall of Fame ring, but not the wrestling ring.

So who could it be? AJ was perfect when he did back in 2009, Samoa Joe was going well a few years ago as well, and of course there is Kurt Angle, but I think that would be flogging a dead horse. He is a Jeff Hardy mark... maybe they can do the Victory Raod match one more time give it 30 mins. I'm not sure, but I think maybe it needs to be a face to beat him, not a heel to make it more memorable...

TNA has now had Sting return so many times that it has lost any of the impact it used to have. They need to make sure his eventual retirement doesn't suffer from that and because of that I'd go with something simple and classic.

Essentially the year he decides to hang it up he should start talking about it a few months before Bound for Glory. A Flair HBK situation should arise where he states he wants one more shot at the big guy at the biggest stage TNA has to see if he can still do it. If he loses he retires. In a perfect world that will of course be for the TNA title against someone who has had it for a long time at the point. A Storm or a Styles or a Roode. Someone who can go. Styles would be my perfect choice. Sting obviously loses but hopefully after a classic that see's him go out on a bang. It's simple and it's been done before but in one swoop you give Sting a send off at the big show and he also puts someone over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back