How much would you pay for wwe network?

I currently have Comcast, their Digital Preferred package. (it's the highest level you can have without HBO/Showtime). I get HD versions of the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, Big Ten and other sports networks already included as part of the package. Comcast is also the ones spearheading the push for the WWE Network, so I am assuming that they will simply be adding it to that lineup as just another sports network, not as a standalone premium channel...if it's added to my existing channels, I will watch, if it's a premium channel, I doubt I will. I used to subscribe to WWE On Demand, but I never really missed it once I cancelled it, so I doubt I will "need" the WWE Network either. If it's there, great. If not, oh well.

I don't think it will be premium though. They expect it to reach 40 million homes the day it launches. There is no way that a premium channel that caters to a specific fan base, is going to be ordered by 40 million different cable/dish subscribers. Not when you look at the ratings wrestling brings in as a way to gauge overall interest in the product. There is simply no way in hell 40 million people are going to order it if it's a premium channel. The WWE will most likely insist that it is part of non-premium cable packages in order to be available to the most customers. My guess is it will be available on mid to upper tier digital cable packages, but will not require an additional, separate subscription.

tree fiddy

220px-Lochnessmonster.jpg

Depends if we get it in the UK but Sky Sports already has the rights to air half the PPV's for free already so wonder what will happen there. £5-£10 would be fine.

If they incorporate the WWE Network into a sports package with the MLB, MLB, and NFL package I have than hopefully nothing at all. But if I have to order it I will shell out $40 max. It is a good steal if they include the 4 major PPVs like I remember reading somewhere.

The fact that they are showing the non big 4 pay per views on the network is encouraging. It means they might actually focus on making those shows worth buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back