How i'd book Ziggler at Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
So as we know Dolph Ziggler not only tags with Jack Swagger to challenge AirBoom for the WWE Tag Team Championships but now just announced on SmackDown he will also be defending his United States Championship against Zack Ryder. How will WWE book this? Does Ziggler defend his US Title successfully at the start of the PPV and then go onto lose to AirBoom? Here's how I'd book it:

Ziggler and Swagger come out to take on AirBoom for the Tag Team Titles its back and forth throughout with Kofi being kept in the ring by the Perfectionists and dominated whilst Kofi keeps trying to tag in Bourne. Swagger is in the ring and suddenly loses his focus taunting when Kofi tags in Bourne who immediately gets in a dropkick which floors the former World Champion. Then Bourne runs to the turnbuckle and delivers a Shooting Star Press whilst Kofi deals with Ziggler. Bourne pins Swagger for the 1,2,3 and AirBoom have successfully defended their Tag Team Titles.

Swagger after this is shown in the corner dissapointed with his lost and Ziggler goes in the ring to show his dissapointment with the All-American American. Ziggler starts pointing, blaming and pushing Swagger until Swagger has had enough and takes down the US Champion with a Lou Thesz Press. Picks him up and delivers the Pumphandle Slam. He is walking to the back whilst Vickie looks in anger and then Ryder's theme hits.

Ryder comes running out and stares at the downed Champion. Ref has no choice but to ring the bell and Ryder immediately takes the most of the oppurtuinity and hits the Rough Ryder on Ziggler. Getting the pin and becoming the new US Champion.

What positive effects does this have on Ziggler?

Well, there has been a lot of talk about WWE finally giving Ziggler that much deserved push towards the World Title and so he is rid of what some call the mid-card title on Raw. Also, he no longer has to put up with Swagger riding his and Vickie's coattails and can finally focus on himself and becoming a main eventer.

Why this process of action?

On last Monday Night Raw we saw Ryder come out and astonishly and what some thought pathetically beat Swagger in the space of 3-4 minutes. What if this becomes a consistent gimmick for Ryder. He gets the job done very quickly until.... Mason Ryan the monster turns heel and finally we have a solid program over the US Title.

What about Swagger?

Former World Champion it doesn't feel like he used to hold the prestigous belt. This could either lead to an Alex Riley and Ted DiBiase outcome with Swagger becoming lost in the shuffle and main eventing piss poor WWE Superstars. OR, it could lead to what I have thought about for a very long while, Swagger the patriotic All-American American finally a Patriotic face as the US Champion. It works you can't tell me it doesn't.

What about the Tag Team Division?

Its hard to tell at this point where or who WWE are looking to go with this. AirBoom are good but not your pernament champions so to speak. For me personally I say either you just sign-up Chris Hero and have him and Claudio Castagnoli once again team up as The Kings of Wrestling the perfect heel duo to take on AirBoom. Or, you give The Uso's, Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins or I can't believe I am going to say this, Titus O'Neill and Percy Watson shots. My idea for a tag team would be Daniel Bryan and John Morrison (Heels).

Thanks for reading.

idk if im a fan of this. Theres still a lot going on in the main event scene for raw right now and i dont think theres much room for ziggler. Id book it with ziggler/swagger winning the tag belts then ziggler dropping the us title thanks to interference or something so he doesnt look weak.

I think a decent run as tag champs would not only help the division but also these two stars. Vikki could bring them major heat and they could have a very good feud with Air Boom as all four can work a match. They can almost qualify as a "real" tag team because their in a stable with Vikki. Air Boom will only become more of a team throughout the feud as well.

THen maybe around mania have ziggler/swagger break or just drift how wwe usually breaks their teams with very little reasoning. have ziggler or del rio/miz/truth(to many heels on raw) go to sd and ziggler either on raw or sd steps up and feuds for teh title. I thnk he would fair better on sd and would love to see him feud with Orton over the title as they put on a great match a few weeks back.

as for swagger....mid car, ic or us. US title would be good for his gimmick. but even though i see a lot of talent in the guy, the wwe has to many up and coming heels and some of them arent gonna make it past the mid card adn i have a feeling swagger is one of those guys...

sorry for the mispelling and grammar. just not putting much effort into this heading out soon..

the problem with the OP's idea is that Ziggler would immediately go on to a ME status. if this happened he'd go into a feud with Swagger, which would be classed as a mid card feud. i like the idea, but Ziggs ain't getting ME status soon, at the earliest I'd put it at Wrestlemania when he's finally established himself as a big time player

I would have him win both matches ziggler took such a silly name and made it work. I would have him win the us title match clean then they cheat for the tag titles.

On last Monday Night Raw we saw Ryder come out and astonishly and what some thought pathetically beat Swagger in the space of 3-4 minutes.
I believe Ryder pinned him in a span of about 30 secs.

I will book Ziggler and Swagger not winning the tag belts, but Ziggler will retain his US belt. Why? For the simple reason that Air Boom will be nothing without those belts and Ryder losing won't do any harm since I don't think he is ready yet. Ryder needs to show more on the ring.

Swagger and Ziggler Lose against AIR BOOM. Swagger and Ziggler get in an argument. Then Swagger Screws Ziggler in the US title Match.

I believe Ryder pinned him in a span of about 30 secs.

I will book Ziggler and Swagger not winning the tag belts, but Ziggler will retain his US belt. Why? For the simple reason that Air Boom will be nothing without those belts and Ryder losing won't do any harm since I don't think he is ready yet. Ryder needs to show more on the ring.

how can he if they dont give him decent length matches on tv and ppv lol

its ryders time he has busted his ass and got over without the wwes help he had to take to youtube and twitter his shirts and shit are selling fans like him give him the us belt and let him continue to grow

hell have him beat ziggler and ziggler can say oh i had 2 matches its not fair blah blah blah rematch at SS ryder retains

ziggler is good in the ring and on the mic great heel u really cant stand the guy cause hes so full of himself idk how he would do as a face but w/e give punk the belt soon and let him and ziggler fued be some good matches maybe good story punk can carry it either way and if ziggler cant handle it boom back to the mid card

u cant hold a guy like ryder back forever it looks so stupid one week showing some long video about him the next he aint even on raw

raw needs faces bad with cena out of the picture all u got is punk to face del rio u need to get that belt off del rio onto punk asap as a heel champ on raw dont seem like its gonna work with no damn faces who u gonna get mason ryan LMAO

I would book Swagger and Ziggler beating Air Boom. Not sure WWE will do that because they are pretty over with the fans (especially the younger ones).

And I would have Ziggler beat Ryder. Ryder has pinned Ziggler too often lately. He cant win another singles match against Ziggler. Ryder is a comedy wrestler, him losing wont hurt his credibility. Fans will cheer him anyway because he is a goofball.

On Smackdown tonight, they teased that Christian might join Vickie stable. Vickie has been doing a great job. They need to have her stable start looking better by winning more.

Ziggler is leaving with at least one belt.........no need to turn anyone, you don't have to, it doesn't call for it right now.....why rush a turn.

Let Ziggler wait until WM28 or just after WM28 to begin his main event push.

NOTE: It is amazing that he took such a garbage name and made it a cool one to have

I don't know what order the matchs will happen in, but I predict Ziggler will leave empty handed for the better. Zyder will win the US title, and through a plot twist, the tag title will be won by Swagger and Otunga, who will replace Ziggler for some unknown reason.

Ziggler and Swagger vs. Air Boom: I would book an even paced match as all 4 talents are promising future stars. Kofi tags in Bourne to hit the SSP on Swagger, Ziggler distracts ref while Vicki pulls the ropes so Bourne falls off the top turnbuckle. Swagger tags in Ziggler who hits the ZigZag to win the tag titles.

Backstage: Ziggler brags about holding the two championships at once, vows to defeat Ryder.

US Title Match: Ziggler comes to the ring with his tag team partner and manager, Ryder comes alone. Ziggler dominates the match with help from his stable. After some near falls, Ryder gets thrown out of the ring and is attacked by Swagger. Mason Ryan runs out for the save and takes out Swagger, Ziggler is shocked and gets caught with the Rough Ryder in the commotion. Ryder gets the pin and wins his first singles title.

I'd have Vicki turn on Ziggler in the US Title Match.

How to get there in the tag match have air boom win by pinning Ziggler, no outside interference or anything else just a straight lost, and Vicki is yelling at Ziggler after the match, they get backstage and there is an attempt at an interview which ends with Dolph guaranteeing a victory over ryder in the US Title match. Vicki stays behind and is shown talking to someone but we can't see who it is.

During the US Title match it is pretty even paced and during the match their is a ref bump. At this Vicki starts motioning towards the back and Swagger comes out but is cut off by Mason Ryan. Ryan enters the ring and absolutely demolishes Ziggler. Ryder goes ahead and hits the Rough Ryder and the ref comes to and Ryder wins the belt. After which Ryan demolishes Ryder as well. We see Vicki with a huge smile and Swagger comes into the ring and gut wrench power bomb to Ziggler. Ryan, Swagger, and Vicki leave together.

Just a thought and possibly something different.

AirBoom have successfully defended their Tag Team Titles. Swagger after this is shown in the corner dissapointed with his lost and Ziggler goes in the ring to show his dissapointment with the All-American American. Ziggler starts pointing, blaming and pushing Swagger until Swagger has had enough and takes down the US Champion with a Lou Thesz Press. Picks him up and delivers the Pumphandle Slam. He is walking to the back whilst Vickie looks in anger and then Ryder's theme hits.

Ryder comes running out and stares at the downed Champion. Ref has no choice but to ring the bell and Ryder immediately takes the most of the oppurtuinity and hits the Rough Ryder on Ziggler. Getting the pin and becoming the new US Champion.
Solid, pretty standard booking. It makes sense, allows the tag team champions to hang on to their belts, and gives Ryder the title. The great thing about this, as I already said, is the champions retaining the tag titles. They make a good team, utilize two very under-used Superstars in a great way, and are really the only established enough team that could successfully carry the belts. I honestly hope they hold them until another team can be established and give them a great fued (cough...Usos...cough). Yes, Miz and Truth are established, but they are also extremely busy. They did set them up for a future fight by having them take out Air Boom backstage at Hell in a Cell, but it's just not time.

Here's why I do NOT like this idea... Ryder has been picking up 10 second victories and/or tag match wins since the start of his push. I'm all for giving him time to be seen and cheered, but he also needs time IN THE RING. These pushes where guys pick up short victory after short victory NEVER end well. What they're doing now is short-term fan service, and you can bet money that if the WWE isn't willing to invest in the five minutes it takes for him to have a back and forth match on Raw, they really don't care about his future in the company. You can go back down the line and see who the shotgunned in and out of matches, and see exactly how successful Ryder will be if they keep things up. Plus, once he actually wins the title, I'm guessing people won't give a damn anymore. He's the ultimate underdog internet sensation right now. Once he has a legitimate title under his belt (ha...get it..?), he's no longer the underdog. He's no longer the guy we cheer for because he'll "never make it without our help".

Also, I actually like Dolph Ziggler. He's "in my fav five dawg" and I think he has much more potential to be the future of the WWE. More so than Ryder anyways... Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. I watch his show, bought his shirt, I follow him on Twitter, and I cheer when he comes out. Because I am a fan of pro wrestling, and a fan of the guy who gets off his ass and does his own thing in order to make it... It's not Ryder I have no faith in, it's the WWE's track record with guys like him.

Fantasy Booking belongs in the fantasy booking section (Book This!). How often must this be said? Also, we already have TWO threads about Dolph Ziggler at Vengeance.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back