Would Ziggler Make A Good Face? If So, How Would You Turn Him?

ringjobber1

Losing matches to Cena since 2002
The thread title basicly speeks for itself. Would he make a good face? Now don't bash me for saying this because truth is Ziggler has been getting beautiful heat with Vickie, but wwe would be throwing a curve ball by turning ziggler face. I say you can turn him by her being more attracted to Jack Swagger because of his agressiveness and hungryness in the ring, as Ziggler loseses more matches then usual a week later Jack and Ziggler argue over how the only reason ziggler has been successful is because of him and Vickie, then they become #1 contenders for the wwe tag title vs airboom and ziggler gets pinned then swagger can turn on Ziggler the next night on raw Ziggler can confront Swagger and Vickie pretends shes stopping them from fighting but then slaps ziggler and swagger hits his finisher and it becomes a rivalry with ziggler comming out on top.
But thats only my opinion i wanna hear what you guys have to say about it.
Should wwe turn him?
How would they?
Any would he make a good face?

Your method of turning ziggler is just like any other stable split(besides the crowd might pop for swagger so ziggler's turn goes Ka-Poof).My question is doesn't that become too predictable? They should do something different.

Ziggler can make a good face. He's put on really good matches in the past year and people actually like him(quote IWC)

Here's my way of turning him . It isn't the best but just hear me out.

Make a match on Raw or Smackdown. Probably Swagger vs Yoshi Tatsu/Curt Hawkins. Have Tatsu/Curt and Swag go back and forth until weariness makes Tatsu/Curt tap out to the ankle lock.
After the match Tatsu/Curt gets attacked by Jack Swagger and is placed in another ankle lock. Swag refuses to let go. Pop comes the Ziggler. Give Swagger a zig-zag and have him cut a promo on how he's sick and tired of a "waste of time" like Swagger and how Vickie Guerrero has been holding him back. Insult her. Nothing to make you a face like insulting the crap out of vickie.

Having said that, if WWE wants to turn Ziggler, they should do it after Wrestlemania.

No.

He has to establish himself as a TOP heel before he can turn face successfully. Just look at the past...all the top babyfaces ever were heels before the people really supported them as top faces. The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, even Cena. Dolph is my favorite midcarder right now but he needs to have a lengthy run in the main event as a heel before he eventually turns into a "good guy"

Your method of turning ziggler is just like any other stable split(besides the crowd might pop for swagger so ziggler's turn goes Ka-Poof).My question is doesn't that become too predictable? They should do something different.

Ziggler can make a good face. He's put on really good matches in the past year and people actually like him(quote IWC)

Here's my way of turning him . It isn't the best but just hear me out.

Make a match on Raw or Smackdown. Probably Swagger vs Yoshi Tatsu/Curt Hawkins. Have Tatsu/Curt and Swag go back and forth until weariness makes Tatsu/Curt tap out to the ankle lock.
After the match Tatsu/Curt gets attacked by Jack Swagger and is placed in another ankle lock. Swag refuses to let go. Pop comes the Ziggler. Give Swagger a zig-zag and have him cut a promo on how he's sick and tired of a "waste of time" like Swagger and how Vickie Guerrero has been holding him back. Insult her. Nothing to make you a face like insulting the crap out of vickie.

Having said that, if WWE wants to turn Ziggler, they should do it after Wrestlemania.

i like your idea but i think it needs more build up cause it would seem to random

#HEEL is his thing. I dont want to ever see him as a face. Hes a cocky heel and I love it. I also love the fact that he backs up everything he says in the ring and isnt the run away type heel.

The funny thing is, the IWC loves these guys BECAUSE there heels and know how to work. Then the minute someone starts to get cheered, WWE turns them face and ruins it completely. I dont want to see that happen to Zig.

I hate how WWE takes cheering for a heel as a sign to make them face. Making them face completely kills what was good about them in the first face. I can even say WWE ruined punk a lil bit by doing that. They DEFF ruined Orton by turning him face. Hes a natural heel.

No, I don't think Dolph should ever go face. He doesn't have the look, character, personality, hair, or even name of a face. Dolph Ziggler is the epitome of a self -loving heel and his place is making the faces look like a million bucks.

First, I do think Dolph Ziggler could make a great face. In fact, there's a good chance in this writer's opinion, that he could be THE top face at some point in the company's future... But for now he's the best heel in pro wrestling, followed closely by Wade Barrett, the Miz, Jeff Jarrett, and Bobby Roode. I don't think they need to be throwing away that precious commodity so soon, especially when he has a lot of territory left to explore!

Best thing they can do for Dolph Ziggler is push him to the very top as a heel, get the fans behind him with solid heat, legitimate his place as a main eventer, maybe a few World or WWE title reigns... and THEN you turn him. Doing it any time before then is just premature, and could result in a burn-out much too quickly for a rise star of his caliber.

Build up Ziggler with a Royal Rumble win, or if not stay AWAY from the Money in the Bank. It's a great concept, but he doesn't need it to get over. If he wins the Rumble, pit him against the champion at WrestleMania. Maybe not this year, but next year at the latest. Give him that big WrestleMania title win and put him over a huge face like CM Punk, John Cena, or Randy Orton to really give him the necessary heat.

How to actually turn him though? I've always been a big fan of bringing a guy as close to the edge as possible, and seeing what it takes to finally make him snap. In this case, he'd need to not be the champion, but possible the second biggest heel on the brand. Somebody who does the dirty work, maybe under a guy like Wade Barrett or a newly turned Sheamus. They'd want to have the bigger heel go on some sort of rampage against smaller, weaker victims to solidify their run as a champion. Very similar to what Sheamus did in his first run, but WAY more brutal. I'm talking destroy Rey Mysterio, bashing him into the ring post a dozen or so times. End somebody's career, and put a few out with injury. Get involved with matches you don't belong in, just because you can... That type of heel. I'm thinking Triple H as the head of Evolution type heel. Somebody the entire crowd can hate unanimously! In fact, some sort of Barrett, Ziggler stable might do the trick here...

Then you're going to want to have the head, we'll say Barrett train up Ziggler to do the same. Have him start interfering with matches, eventually taking it up a notch and participating in the beatdown. Eventually Barrett will ask him to end somebody's career; take them out permanently. Maybe somebody like Cena that for some reason comes to Ziggler's aid a month or so before. I don't know...I'm just thinking out loud here guys! In the end Ziggler is going to need to be pushed to the very limit, and not be able to follow through. Barrett would come out and finish the job for him, taking the face to his knees and destroying him within an inch of his life. Blood would be preferable, but that's likely not going to happen... And it's just as simple as Ziggler turning on Barrett in the end, saving the face from the final blow. He attacks Barrett and in the process turns face. The two come to blows for the title at the next PPV, and Ziggler gets the big title win and is no a full-fledged face champion.

For right now I would say no and the reason for this is because he is finaly starting to evolve his show off,#heel character really well and I think turning him face would be a mistake and it would take away that badass edge that Dolph has, which he needs. Something which would be awesome is adding an anti authority edge to his gimmick, would suit him nicely and something else they could do is build up a stable of good heels, DZ,CR,BC,ARYetc..make them a bunch of bad asses almost like evolution and hell have John Cena lead it if he ever does turn heel.

#HEEL is his thing. I dont want to ever see him as a face. Hes a cocky heel and I love it. I also love the fact that he backs up everything he says in the ring and isnt the run away type heel.

The funny thing is, the IWC loves these guys BECAUSE there heels and know how to work. Then the minute someone starts to get cheered, WWE turns them face and ruins it completely. I dont want to see that happen to Zig.

I hate how WWE takes cheering for a heel as a sign to make them face. Making them face completely kills what was good about them in the first face. I can even say WWE ruined punk a lil bit by doing that. They DEFF ruined Orton by turning him face. Hes a natural heel.

Agreed 100%.

I would not turn him face. So many people lost the art of the heel and very few are really good at it with out cheap heat. We already lost punk and orton so ziggles is all we got and rhodes is getting there but wwe needs a great heel who can wrestle to fued with the ortons and punks out there bc other than him rhodes and swagger there are no real good heel wrestlers out there.

Oh goodness. I think this thread is WAY too premature. Dolph is FINALLY getting into his own. He's a damn good wrestler.. I hope no one can really dispute that. My biggest issue with Dolph right now is Vicki.. She comes on and I have to change the channel so I don't have to listen to her. I usually miss the beginnings of Dolph's matches just because of her.

But Dolph is great right now... in ring, mic, charisma, look.. he's damn decent. I worry about his size, and I think the WWE will have to lose many of its "big men" before the 200lb crew will be able to work main events with each other on a consistent basis.

Dolph, to me, is the next Mr. Perfect. Perfect was huge to me when I was a kid, I hated him for no other reason that he was better at EVERYTHING than I was. Dolph is rolling down that road.. perfectly.

WWE is in a huge transitional period, we all know that. A lot of the big men, and the bigger names, are coming to an end within the next 5 yrs... We're transitioning into an era when 200-250 lb'ers are holding the big belts for long periods of time...

Dolph as a face? please no. He's so good right now. Drop Vickie, get some clean victories over some "big men" (please let Zig get the clean over Randy soon), and continue to build a character that the crowd reacts to.

When Zig drops Vickie, the crowd can finally react MORE to him than vickie.. and that will be huge for him.

If I have to stay true to the thread, and answer how I'd bring him face... Id go reverse-Rockers. Give him a tag team partner who has the potential of being a huge heel. Let them run as a big heel team. The other guy ends up turning on him and boom, WWE universe who already loves him will love him bigger.

But let's let him get through his role. Cody's mask gimmick was cut way too short in my opinion.. let's let dolph do what dolph does... impress in the ring... and think he's better than us. Thats all I want from him. Thats what I love.

I say have him win the rumble then face punk at wrestlemania.. Either have ziggler win the title or come within a inch of winning it but punk gets the better either way as long as ziggler looks a million bucks.. Then the next night when ziggler is on the mic either saying how hard he worked to earn tje title or about how close he came and him and punk stole the show and he wants one more match have vickie interupt him.. ( i've notice she has been doing this alot lately) and ziggler just snaps does a shoot on vickie insulting her to the max saying he's fed up with her ugly fat ass and always interupting him as he's the star she's just a worthless parasite.. Instant pop from the crowd for insulting vickie then have swagger get in his face only to be dropped with a zigzag punk comes out puts ziggler over and they shake hands saying they have mutual respect for each other and there gonna steal the show again

Leave him as a heel for the next couple of years. Enough with the premature heel / face turns. He's improving with his current character, and needs to continue improving (mainly his mic skills and personality, as his ring work is already top-notch) to be a full-fledged main eventer.

He could potentially make a good face if they turn him but I think they should keep him a heel for now. If Ziggler ever stood up to Vickie telling her that he no longer needs her, the resulting reaction from the fans would instantly turn him face because people hate her so much. That would be the logical way to turn him if they are going to go that route. His in-ring abilities speak for themselves and are good enough to get him by as a face even though his promos would still need some improvement in order to generate support instead of heel heat. They should keep him a heel a bit longer and consider turning him later on down the line. He's better as a heel and I would rather see him stay that way. Punk being the likely candidate for the next top face, would overshadow Ziggler if he turned face, while on the other side of the coin he could face Punk in a lengthy feud if he stays heel.

No, Dloph is in the position that he was born for. He sort of reminds me of Mr. Perfect. To turn him would be easy, let Vickie G start supporting J.S, and leave him behind, but I hope they never go face with him.

He could be a decent face but he works better as a hell. Look at him he just looks smug.

That said if he had to turn I think a good way to do it would be to start a feud with he and Swagger with Vicki taking Swagger's side

I love how Ziggler breaks the 4th wall a little bit by using the word "heel". And he's the only one in WWE that makes can make a "hashtag" sound good. So I don't want to see him turning face anytime in the foreseeable future.

But anyway, would he be a good face? Sure, but mostly a midcard one. He'd quickly degrade to be a generic face if he turned right now. If he turns after he's already a established main eventer, though, than he could manage to stay there.

Anyway, I want him to stay heel for years.

Some people here tend to think that DZ isn't a full-blown heel yet. There really isn't a bigger heel ( at the moment, Mark Henry is injured) than Ziggler. I wouldn't be surprised if they put the strap on him tonight. Turning him face is pretty simple, however it can have disastrous results, for example Sheamus. Poor guy gets the loudest pops of the night, but isn't involved in anything. I think the problem is the face/heel ratio. But for right now, #HEEL needs stay heel. If you want to turn him face, mix him with Vickie and Swaggs. Any other way is pointless.

My friend and I were talking last about how much Ziggler reminded us of Mr. Perfect. Ziggler should not be a face until he's been a Heel world champion at least a couple of times.

Turning him face would be the easy part; he's currently tied to the biggest heel since the Sheikh. Would you want a full blown face Ziggles? I certainly wouldn't. Where he is now is actually a pretty comfy spot for him.

His antics and attitude sell his arrogance perfectly, and his character itself is bread & butter to the great wrestling tradition. I'd hate for him to lose that personna to become a face. Not many people can do it even half as well as he can.

Turning him face would be easy as all he'd have to do is tell Vickie shut up and leave her for good.

That's what I actually thought they were going to do by implementing Swagger. I thought Vickie would take more of a liking to Swagger, they'd join forces and turn on Ziggler and start a feud that way.

But I don't know how good of a face he'd make. I feel like he'd have to be a cocky and wise cracking guy. You know, someone who isn't overly funny, but makes the subtle jokes that gets the crowd more and more into him. It would take a bit, but I think it would work.

People who are entertaining enough as heels that they become popular with the crowd rarely as as entertaining as faces. See, Rock, Cena, Jericho, etc (R-Truth will go the same way). All were more entertaining as hilarious heels, than had restraining bolts on them as faces that took the bite out of them.

Ziggler should stay heel, he's in a good place right now developing his show off character

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back