How high would the ratings be if........

raptorsfan4life

Dark Match Winner
A highly publicized and promoted pay per view occurred that was TNA vs WWE promoting both companies in inter company matches? I know its not a possibility probably not even a remote possibility but how sick would that be to see... So apart from the huge ratings that it would probably receive what do you think would be the main even event of the whole card and how do you think the event would play out if it happened? My top card would probably be some kind of 5 on 5 elimination match with all the top superstars competing with some kind of stupid spot to end the match in a way that both companies look decent.... probably an all out brawl with everyone as they go off the air.... Dunno what do you guys think?

I personally wouldn't like this idea as i've never watched TNA and also the ratings wouldn't actually go up too much for a WWE PPV just because TNA would be involved maybe a 1.0 more nothing to possibley give your only rival some major spotlight for...

So for me.. NO!!

It would suck.

Vince has too much of an ego to allow his wrestlers to lose to what he considers to be the "minor leagues".

Its like taking the New York Yankees and having them loose to the Birmingham Barons.

Hmmmm...

Let's take 2 companies that are doing poorly in television ratings, that have little to no heat between the two, and that don't have a whole lot of entertaining ideas being produced on either side, and let's have a cross-promotional PPV mixing the two of them together.

What would happen?

NOTHING

This would be a grandiose case of meh and would have buy rates similar to that of Cyber Sunday resulting in a complete nightmare. The people that really care about WWE don't care at all about TNA...so the ratings wouldn't differ at all, really. Most of the people that buy TNA ppvs likely buy WWE ppvs as well.

I like the idea. I liked the invasion storyline too. Where as this may be a lot different because Vince hasn't baught TNA, I would still like it I think. The only problem being is that at the time WCW was serious competition for WWF/E. TNA does not have the same fanbase etc that WCW did. This could never happen at this stage because if it was to happen then WWE would be carrying TNA in every sense. WWE has the better superstars, the bigger fanbase and would obviously have to come out better than TNA because Vince would never want to feud with a rival company if he was not going come out looking better than that company. In that sense TNA would definately come out better because a lot of WWE fans would become TNA fans. So Vince would be helping his competition. As for the ratings, I don't really see them going up for WWE. TNA fans are probably WWE fans too. The same cannot be said for WWE fans, they are not TNA fans but they probably would just watch it to see the WWE stars.

Not a good idea at all. IF any part of the ring action was actually real, then you'd have something. Like if the UFC had a company they were in competition with where each PPV is unpredictable and were grabbing the ratings like the Monday Night Wars did, then you'd really have something. But I think that would only be half something. TNA would be all about it since they don't have a ton to lose...whereas WWE would have everything to lose if somehow a match that involved Samoa Joe vs. Cena, Joe destroyed Cena in a UFC type match... basically not scripted. I dunno... it just doesn't work since the companies aren't feuding, still have no programs running parallel to each other on TV, and since the whole deal isn't unpredictable like the UFC, it just doesn't work. Great idea... just damn near impossible execution.

It would be one of those over-hyped things that turn out to be shit.
I'd say the ratings would go up by a .4, and then just go back down again after everyone realises that TNA and WWE are 2 completely different companies and do not mix.
Because they really wouldn't mix. TNA seems to have more wrestling in general, while WWE is more about character and angle development with short matches, and then they have the real matches on PPV.

The only reason this would be good is so we could have Kurt Angle back wrestling some WWE guys. Many would think it'd be awesome to see Sting wrestle some WWE guys but to those people I say... Meh.

Once again, no. People think this would be a good idea for some reason but it simply wouldn't. The main issue is simple: TNA is not now and will not be for a long time, in WWE's league. They're simply not and there's no way to argue it. WWE has far too much talent for TNA to compete with, and I could list off about 10 more reasons why WWE is better. It would be a huge boost to TNA obviously but WWE gains absolutely nothing from it. Not a good idea for WWE.

i think that would be awesome if vince decided he wanted to buy tna, it would be like the wars with wwe wcw and ecw. one possible match could be something like main event mafia verses 5 stars of wwe like hhh, orton, taker, hbk, and kane or someone else. i think it would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back