How much better would Smackdown be?

youngbullzeye

Occasional Pre-Show
Imagine if Smackdown went live every Friday night how much more would you actually stay on friday night to watch Smackdown live.I would actually watch Smackdown more because there would be no spoilers so you have to watch Smackdown instead of just reading about it.

So what i would want to know is would you be more interested in Smackdown if it was live?

Do you think it would get higher ratings?

And how much better would the product be?

So what i would want to know is would you be more interested in Smackdown if it was live?

I would not no, because I still watch it, and I love Smackdown, it is a great show in my opinion, and even if they went live, people who didn't catch it on Fridays would be able to read about it on Saturdays.

Perhaps they would, perhaps they wouldn't, I guess the ratings would go up a little bit, but not enough to notice any significance in it, because people would still be tuning mostly into RAW to watch their favorites, like they've always done.

I don't think WWE would change the show in any way, I think it's doing great already, it's a very firm product, and I don't believe anything would change if it went live.

I would watch Smackdown live or not. It being live would certainly add a different element to the show. It would obviously make it less 'sleek' than it is as it wouldn't be edited.

I think the ratings would go up slightly, though nothing notable. I'm sure spoilers make less people tune in. The rating would go up if they had two things:

Big names: Since the draft Smackdown has relatively little in the way of big names. If it had John Cena on the show the ratings would increase as he is a huge draw.

Going out live but on a different night: Friday night is not usually when lots of people are in their homes. Having it go out live on say a thursday night would attract more viewers for sure.

If it were to happen it would only change the production value of the show, not the overall product.

Not much better. In fact, it would only be worse since there wouldn't be any piped in crowd noise and there'd be a chance of botches that they couldn't go back and edit. As well as a bunch of other stuff that could go wrong on a live show.

If you want Smackdown to be "better" for you, you could just, uhh, not read the spoilers. By doing so, you could pretend it was live. It'd be much more fun. Trust me. If I'd have known Christian's surprise guest before watching the show, a lot of it would've been ruined.

I think that would be a great thing for WWE, and it could really elavate Smackdown the next level..Yh is might bring the ratings up a bit..but the thing is, it is shown on a friday night...friday night, the night which people go out partying? for a drink? etc..

Could I see the live smackdown? Nope, only on a special occasion like decade of smackdown...with both shows live, Raw wouldn't be like the flagship show of WWE..

with both shows live, Raw wouldn't be like the flagship show of WWE..

Perhaps, although I feel that even if Smackdown went live, they would still be promoting RAW as their flagship show, due to the fact that it has the longest existence, which automatically would say that it's their flagship show.

And I believe that RAW would be the flag ship show no matter what, it's all about promoting it to be the flagship show, and keep reminding people that it is.

And with the current roster, I think that the fans would still tune in to watch RAW more, due to the fact that all the big established main event people (with exception of Big Show who is a partial established main eventer, and Undertaker of course) is on RAW, and therefore automatically would draw the bigger crowds.

Smackdown could never go live if it stays on Fridays. Reason being that they do their house shows over the weekend.

My interest would stay the same live or not. I pretty much watch it dvr'd unless Im doin nothing on a Friday night. So if it did in fact go live it really wouldn't have that much of an impact for me.

The ratings would definitely see a rise of some sort, for the reason spoiler readers would have to watch it to find out what happens. But that wouldn't be enough to still bring it to a Raw's level. But like others have said with the current talent there it still wouldn't bring a huge change.

It wouldn't change the product at all because the storylines would still be the same.

I don't think SD needs to go live, as I think it is fine as it is. Maybe have an occasional live show for celebrations or if a title were to change hands or something, but there really is no need to go live on Friday Nights.

If SD were to go live I think it would be the same as if it was pretaped and either way I'd still DVR it like I do now and just watch it Sunday morning. So it wouldn't really make any difference to me, as I don't watch it live to begin with and changing the taping schedule wouldn't change the show quality either in my mind.

Um, not...at all?

I don't read the spoilers. Watching SD is the exact same thing as watching RAW, to me, to that end. You would have to be a fucking ****** to think it would make that much of a difference, becuase of just SPOILERS. Who the hell gives a shit?

Personally, I think Smackdown would be the same, and draw the same ratings. Being a live show or a taped show won't effect it due to the fact that it would still be on the same night at the same time. I'd have the same interest in Smackdown as I do now, which is quite a bit, because I stopped reading the spoilers around December and now I just watch the shows.

It wouldn't make a difference to me in the slightest bit. If you want to enjoy the show, and spoilers are keeping you from enjoying the show, then don't read the spoilers. I simply don't see the appeal in live shows over taped shows. There's no difference.

I think it might help ratings a little but not a lot. The main thing I don't like it is there is a major title change like when say Kurt Angle and Edge won the titles, WWE actually spoiled it. Where if they didn't do that it would have made it better. I agree though with the house show thing, if they go live they'd have to probably move it to Thursday night which would I would fine with. As far as watching it though, I usually just DVR Smackdown and then watch it over the weekend, although I don't get Smackdown right now.

youngbullzeye said:
Imagine if Smackdown went live every Friday night how much more would you actually stay on friday night to watch Smackdown live.I would actually watch Smackdown more because there would be no spoilers so you have to watch Smackdown instead of just reading about it.

Well it would be more interesting yes, but it be crap on the wrestler since they would ony have a day to rest before a PPV.

Also, one good part of Smackdown is that the edition team works a lot when there is something wrong or something out of control.

On the Ratings part I am not so sure about it since lets face it, most fan don't read the spoilers, so is new to them anyway.

And no, the product would not be better, sorry but like I say, the edition process helps present a better product to the people at home, if at the tapings they feel something didn't worked out they can get rid off it, like when they edit the DVDs. For example Swagger trying to take the MITB briefcase took forever live, and some people whined about it, but in the DVD he gets it with no problem at all.

Now unless you read the spoilers you would now there is a botch, oherwhise what is presented to you has better quality, also can correct a little of the comentary if there is something wrong with it.

Of course, there is nothing like the feeling of a live show, but sometimes it helps it is taped, to the wrestlers and the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back