What 3 things would you do to improve Smackdown?

Disturbed

Championship Contender
If there were any 3 things you could do to Smackdown, then what would they be?

Heres mine:

First thing I would move more main eventers to Smackdown. I would move Sheamus so he could feud with Taker. I would move Daniel Bryan over there so he could have some great matches with Mysterio, Kaval, and Kingston. I would take everybody from NXT season 2 but Eli CottonWood[he sux] and put them on there. I would put Orton and Jericho on there as well.

Secondly, I would move Smackdown from fridays back to thursday. Hear me out, friday is the night everybod goes out in town and hangs out. Friday night is when nobody is at home to watch it. Friday has always been the day when people go out so if it moved to Thursdays the ratings would improve.

Lastly, I would move Teddy Long to Raw. I love Teddy but he has been on Smackdown way too long and is starting too bore me. So I would crown Abraham Washington as the new GM. The guy is so entertaining.

I would move Sheamus so he could feud with Taker.
That might help Smackdown, but it'd ruin Raw. Plus, Sheamus is doing fine on Smackdown, why move him?

I would put Orton and Jericho on there as well.
Nooooo, Orton is an absolute and deffenite NO. Smackdown and Orton don't mix. Maybe they did when Randy Orton was a mid-card "Legend Killer" back in 2005-2006, but it just wouldn't work at all. Plus, Jericho is doing fine on Raw. He doesn't win matches lately, so what? He comes out every week and still looks pure golden.

Secondly, I would move Smackdown from fridays back to thursday. Hear me out, friday is the night everybod goes out in town and hangs out. Friday night is when nobody is at home to watch it. Friday has always been the day when people go out so if it moved to Thursdays the ratings would improve.

Bullshit, how would the ratings improve? It's the exact same show no matter what day it's on. You could have the show on at 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon and it'd still get the same ratings. And for the record, most people own either Virgin or Sky+ which allows you to record programs and set timers for them to begin, so hardly anybody misses them anymore. I'm sure you could use a VCR if you were out of the other options.

Lastly, I would move Teddy Long to Raw. I love Teddy but he has been on Smackdown way too long and is starting too bore me. So I would crown Abraham Washington as the new GM. The guy is so entertaining.

How can you be bored of Teddy Long? He's an amazing General Manager and he knows how to get business done. If he wasn't a good GM then he'd have been replaced years ago. Plus, I don't see how you can be bored of him when he's hardly ever featured on the actual show. Abraham Washington?...if all else went down the shitter then..yeah...maybe.

I wouldn't change anything about Smackdown; I think it's perfect the way it is. They've got some new and young talent on hand ready for anybody to be pushed if needed, great feuds to be set up and the GM is perfect.

If anything's boring me lately it's your frequent lack of interesting threads.

Bullshit, how would the ratings improve? It's the exact same show no matter what day it's on. You could have the show on at 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon and it'd still get the same ratings. And for the record, most people own either Virgin or Sky+ which allows you to record programs and set timers for them to begin, so hardly anybody misses them anymore. I'm sure you could use a VCR if you were out of the other options.

Not everybody can record it. Also if it was on wednesday at 4 trust me the ratings would plummit. Especially how the show is mainly watched by kids who might not be home from school yet on wednesday at 4. You just made yourself sound very dumb because the day does matter. Just because it's the same show doesn't mean a thing. Basically your saying Smackdown could be on at 3 in the morning and still get the same ratings.

How can you be bored of Teddy Long? He's an amazing General Manager and he knows how to get business done. If he wasn't a good GM then he'd have been replaced years ago. Plus, I don't see how you can be bored of him when he's hardly ever featured on the actual show. Abraham Washington?...if all else went down the shitter then..yeah...maybe.

Abe washington is hilarious and I never said teddy long was a bad gm. I would rather him be the gm on Raw because he has done the same thing on smackdown for years.

If anything's boring me lately it's your frequent lack of interesting threads.

This coming from the same guy who made a thread that got trashed about 2002 being a bad year in wrestling, when it may be one of the best because of all the future main event stars that debuted that year. If it's so boring than why do you care to comment.

Not everybody can record it.
I know that not everybody can record it, I didn't say everybody could. I said "most" people can record it.

Also if it was on wednesday at 4 trust me the ratings would plummit
No, the rating would not 'plummit' - Plummet, is the word you were looking for. I can't stand it when somebody tries to prove a point to me and they have the balls to spell next to everything incorrectly.

I never said teddy long was a bad gm
And I never said that you did.

This coming from the same guy who made a thread that got trashed about 2002 being a bad year in wrestling

I'll admit, that was a horrible thread that I had created; but everybody makes shitty posts and threads at times. I'm just smart enough to admit it, you on the otherhand post horribly and start a huge chain of threads that nobody gives a toss about and it's incredibly boring. Many, MANY people have told you that before and I find it quite hillarious how you don't even realise how meaningless your own threads and posts are.

I am the BEST in the WORLD at what I DO

If you mean posting and thread creating, no. If you mean creating disastrous threads and not being able to handle other people's opinions, yes.

:offtopic:
Well first, I would make SMACKDOWN! go live. That alone would work. Too many people ruin the show with posting spoilers around the internet. I think a lot more people would watch it if it were live!

Second, I would move networks. I know a lot of people who don't get MyNetwork TV. Moving to an actual national network would force it into our homes and tvs

Last, bring in some main eventers...Sheamus, Orton...hell no. But Edge or Jericho...maybe.But if they were to move, we'd be back to Orton, Cena and Triple H with Sheamus thrown in there. Miz is on the rise, moving him to smackdown would be a dumb idea for him.

As for moving to Thursdays, that wouldn't work. TNA comes on Thursday That would hurt their ratings even more..

1)Move more main eventers to it. Edge and Jericho are the 2 likely options
2)move it to SyFy. My network cant be seen by everyone so move it there.
3)stop treating it like the hated step child. Give it as much purpose as Raw.

Basicly, 2 out of 3 are already happening.

Oh and sidenote: one bad post isnt the end of the world and bringing it up is pointless and childish. so grow up and learn to debate on here like a big boy. And yes ratings would go down if it was at 4 on a wednesday by like 15 percent of people who cant record(vcr's cant record digital programming). but it would only go up by like 3 percent if it moved to thursday. People work at 4 on wednesdays.

Actually it would hurt TNAs ratings not WWE. And If Orton moved to Smackdown it would give him new people to feud with, like Punk,Jack Swagger, Del Rio, Cody Rhode, Big Show if he turns heel. Also If sheamus went then he could feud with Taker which I believe they could put on some good matches.

Since Smackdown is moving to SyFy, there honestly is only one real problem and that is the lack of faces. Orton might as well be a full fledged face so he should be the main one to go over to the blue. Do you really trust Mysterio, Taker, and Show to be your top three faces. I don't and that is where Orton fits in. Edge should just stay on RAW because he's gotten stale all around and I don't want to see the same old feuds again.

I would REMOVE Matt Striker from the commentator table. Everything he says is annoying, wrong, and has nothing to do what he is saying. Heck, have the Big Show punch that guy in the throat so he never speak again. I don't know why Michael Cole gets so much slack when this douche bag is treated like the secondth coming of some commentator god when he clearly isn't. He is in fact the worst commentator I've ever heard.. And I watch(ed) WCW and real sports.

Start pushing people with personality/charisma/presence. If the guys getting a heavy push and still don't get a reaction after months, WHY are you still using them? LayCool collectively is going on three years, yet their reactions make seem like they just started last week.. EVERY WEEK. Drew McIntyre sucks, get over it SD writers. Don't give me that bull about how "marks don't know what is good" to defend people like this either.

Speaking of reactions, I would stop piping in the crowd. The way SD does it really really over does it and it makes it annoying.

Beef up the Roster - I say bring; Chris Jericho, Edge, John Morrison, R-Truth, Daniel Bryan, and Evan Bourne over to SmacKDown. Chris Jericho Edge, John Morrison, and R-Truth all have moved over to RAW recently and they have not had the same success as they did on RAW as they did on SmacKDown. Daniel Bryan and Evan Bourne fit the mold of the roster. They are great wrestlers and would have move people to work with.

SmackDown goes LIVE on Friday Nights - I believe SmackDown should be aired on Friday Night LIVE because they are at a disadvantage when fans can look up the results on the internet. On Tuesday they can't because of WWE NXT, Thursdays no because they have WWE Superstars and TNA iMPACT. This would have the fans actually tune in to watch SmacKDown instead of simply just looking up spoilers on the Internet.

I could only come up with three, but if I come up with a third I will put it here. They're honestly is more than three, but I just cannot narrow it down.

I've had a few ideas to improve Smackdown:

1. Change up the matches a bit. How many times have we seen Christian, McIntyre, Hardy or Cody in a match against each other in the last month and a half? How about Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler? Or the SES and the Big Show? I'd grab a few lower-card wrestlers from Raw like Yoshi Tatsu, R.Truth and Morrison to provide a varied series of under-card matches.

2. Get a few more top-faces. Big Show is a comedy face, Undertaker isn't there most of the time, Rey's feuding with Alberto, nobody else is there. I'd get Edge and turn him face, and maybe Chris Jericho if he stays in the WWE, with his Y2J gimmick.

3. Go live on Smackdown. SmackDown should be aired on Friday Night LIVE because they are at a disadvantage when fans can look up the results on the internet. Unless they plan on replacing Superstars or NXT anytime soon, a live Friday Night show would be good to raise the brand's profile.

4. Jack-Hammer just reminded me. Fire Hornswaggle. The man has no use.

1) They really need a top face, sure they have Taker but he is hardly ever there, Show is great but he isn't someone who can carry a brand and Rey is injured way too much. So I would move Edge over and turn him face and I would also move DBD over and push him into the main event, there is no way he will ME on Raw but he has a good chance on SD.

2) Make it live, I think that this throws alot of people of watching it, they can just read the spoilers and say nah I wont bother with SD this week, nothing major is happening. If they went live this would most certainly boost the ratings.

With them already moving to SyFy those are the only major things I would do but if you really want a third one.

3) Push CM Punk, this man is far and away the most talanted heel on SD if not the WWE and yet he is stuck in a mid card fued with the Big Show of all people. He is in the top three for mic skills and top 10 for ring skills and he is stuck with Show. With SD already severly lackiing in ME talent then I just cant understand why Punk isn't running shit on SD.

In general, I think Smackdown is great. Each week, you're almost guaranteed to get a quality 2 hour wrestling show. There are a few things that could be done in my opinion that could be improved upon as nothing is ever perfect.

I do think Smackdown should go live on a permanent basis. I'm not saying it would increase viewers or anything, but I do think that there's a different level of energy and excitement for a live show. Since I'm not really a fan of spoilers, airing SD! live would mean no spoilers for the show that you can read several days before the show actually airs. I think it would also help to rid SD! of the stigma of being the "B-Show" as some people like to call it.

I do think that a few more big names need to be moved to Smackdown! when the move to Syfy happens. Personally, I'm hoping the whole brand format ends because it opens up a lot of possibilities. I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus feud with The Undertaker potentially or CM Punk against John Cena or whatever.

Thirdly, don't do shit with Hornswoggle. Make him an agent or whatever the frig they do with him backstage. This past Friday, Smackdown got back to its usual formula of combining strong promo segments with strong overall wrestling content while hyping the SD! portion of an upcoming ppv. They didn't air anything with Swoggle and that was an improvement in and of itself.

First, stop pushing Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler, to me they both seem boring and uncharasmatic. Maybe even give Kofi Kingston a heel run.

Secondly, get CM Punk back involved in the Main Event scene, he doesn't even have to be involved in a World Title feud, have him feud with the Undertaker after the Kane/Undertaker feud run its course.

Thirdly, bring in Randy Orton from Raw to feud with the likes of Kane, CM Punk, and Jack Swagger. No need in having to unstoppable faces on Raw.

Easy and Simple to improve Smackdown.

- Balance out the rosters, to make Smackdown somewhat not look like the B show, it always will be, but just to amp it up a little.

- The need of more faces on the blue brand it is dominated by heels, in the main event and mid card, that needs to be taken care of.

- If this is ever possible Smackdown should go live, i think that will give it that compelling edge.

You don't need three things, oyu just need one...bring in more star power. Jericho can do a lot of good things on Smackdown like putting people over there as well, and have guys who can use pushes to mid card status/main event status, such as Zack Ryder, I love to see him get a push. I personally wouldn't mind if Sheamus went to smackdown, and I wouldn't mind if guys like Edge would go there either.

But other two things:
Go Live

And bring back the cruiserweight division and have guys like Evan Bourne move to Smackdown, or just create prestige in the tag team division over in smackdown (since WWE is unifying most of the titles anyways).

This is something that is happening lately and will probably finish when the Taker/Kane feud ends but i would bring back an actual main event to each Smackdown. I love promos but i don't love how the last 20 mins of a couple of shows has been promo. It's a shame because its the show that has always had the 'wrestlers' so they have the talent at their disposal. Punk, Christian, Swagger. There's 3 guys that can actually go. Off the top of my head, the last time i remember a SD! main event that actually ended a show was Del Rio/Mysterio about 4 weeks ago.

Secondly, push CM Punk but this is difficult with only Taker as the main event face so thirdly, draft a top face over. Not necessarily Cena or Orton, but maybe HHH after the feud with Sheamus which is being rumoured, or even someone lower down the card and push them up like Bryan or Morrison.

Right Now, Main Eventers aren't a big deal. Everyone's saying "Move Main Eventers from Raw to Smackdown.".....I say No. Jericho and Edge don't really need to go.

1. Get Better Faces. You've got what 5 Baby-Faces on Smackdown in total? Taker, Show, MVP, Christian, and Hardy? And only a couple are entertaining on the Mic.
2. SyFi.
3. Live.

As an honorable mention- Put CM Punk in the Main Event as soon as this Kane/Taker thing is finished. And let him grow his hair? Pretty Please?

SmackDown is my favourite show WWE puts out at the moment. But some things do need to be changed.

1) Go live every friday. My understanding is that WWE can't or don't want to do this because the end of the week is when most house shows happen. However, the ratings would shoot up. Watch what happens on the first show on Sy-Fy, I guarantee youratings will be significantly larger than normal. The problem is that you can't have many suprises on a taped show because it loses it's impact.

2) More tag-teams. If you like tag-team wrestling like me, its a bit disappointing that their aren't many teams. Sure there are tag matches but it's not the same. I would even be happy with a couple of real tag-teams having a non-title feud. At the moment there are just two tag-teams. The Dudebusters and Hawkins & Archer. They're heel teams too, so they can't even go up against eachother. In my opinion the Hart Dynasty should never have left.

3) Don't draft big names from Raw, draft the small ones. SmackDown is the feeder show. Always has been, always will be. Take the guys who are being buried on Raw and give them a chance and TV time. I'm talking about Yoshi Tatsu, Ezekiel Jackson and maybe even Goldust. Because if you take two main eventers from Raw, guys like Kaval, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes and Alberto Del Rio are less likely to get their big break. And that would be a huge shame.
OK, OK I will take a face Edge, because as a heel on Raw he is very stale. I would love an Edge/SES feud.

That is all I can really think of. SD is doing well there isn't much that needs to be changed.

OK- lets see what I can do here. Vince: I hope your listening!

#1. Add ONE main-event face to SD! His name is Chris Jericho. A face usually, if not always has to be the one to "carry the show"(meaning: get fans to watch on TV). The faces on SD ritenow cant carry jack-shit!! Taker wrestles like 5-10 times a year now. Rey Rey shouldnt even be involved in anything considered "main event" cuz he's just too damn small(see #3) AND is ALWAYS hurt! & Big Show is Big Show- which is nothing more then transitional champ at most. Unless he's a 'monster heel' which doesnt ever happen either. So give me Chris Jericho, version Y2J as my top face of the show. One of the very 1st things I want to do with him is- to have him fued with my #2. Cuz Y2J is gold on the mic as a heel or a face. These 2 guys banter back & forth for a FEW months would be GOLDEN!! **NOTE** This exact thing could be done with Christian- But we all know VKM wont let that happen

#2. Upgrade CM Punks Straight Edge Society I still think this could be the most over heel faction since the Nation of Domination. But SES doesnt mean shit when they're booked to lose to Midget Mysterio & 3on1 to The Big Show. Make them legit! Make people really start to believe that his followers, really think CM Punk is thier messiah/savior!
A. First thing I have to do is give Luke & Joseph the boot! They are ruined as members of SES as far as im concerned.
B. Add in some pure muscle: Mark Henry. Just like Big Show- I think the only way guys like them really get thier point acrossed, is if they are monster heels! Why do I wanna see Mark Henry with a big smile on his face every time he comes to the ring?? I want him pissed off & ready to rip someones fuckin head off!! People should be scared of this man-beast! Not want to give him a high-five & a hug, like he's a fucking teddy-bear!! Plus- if you make this 400lbs strongman be 100% sub-serviant to Punk, it'll only piss-off & upset the fans even more. Bringing Punk & SES even more heat.
C. Add in some young new faces that havent been seen on WWE TV yet. My choices would be Tyler Black (name change, unfortunately gauranteed) in like a Stevie Richards to Raven type deal. Basically being able to tell that he is CM Punks favorite, but Punk constantly puts him in bad situations(matches)- just tryin to make him better with some 'tough-love'. Two more additions I would make would be the current FCW tag-team champs. Derrick Bateman & Johnny Curtis. Theres gotta be a tag-team, right? Well give me guys I havent seen yet- but have obvious potential to be studs. Last but not least- I MUST add another female to the group!! I believe Serena added alot to the SES, just by being there & taking the occasional cheap shots on enemies of SES. I dont know exactly what female I want this to be, but as of now- Im thinking Kaitlyn from NXT3. Or if I wanna 're-hash' a diva- make it Jillian or maybe Gail Kim!
This is a REAL SES!! With massive potential to grow into a even larger group. But also have those potential inside fueds- but that doesnt happen for a long-while!!

#3. Make Smackdown the new home of the Cruiserweight Division after the IC & US titles are unified back into just the IC title (I assume IC since its the WWE original) That title then becomes exlusive to RAW. At that point all the wrestlers that are under the weight of 215lbs or whatever kayfabe weight is determined to be the 'limit'...move over to Smackdown. {Maybe call it something other then Cruiserweight- Like TNA does with thier 'X-Division'. So it doesnt seem like its just for all the little guys} Guys like: Bryan, Bourne, Gabriel, Primo, Santino should be added to the guys already on Smackdown. Like: REY- yes Rey Mysterio! Rey should be the man to restart this division. Give it TONS of credibility & then likely move onto retirement pretty soon. Kaval, Chavo JTG and maybe even Joey Mercury can make the Cruiserweight Division 10 performers deep. This may start a log-jam on Friday nights, so if thats the case a few mid-card guys can go to RAW. Guys like McIntyre, Rhodes, Ziggler, Masters, Hardy(if he still has a job). Even the Dude Busters and Hawkins & Archer could move to RAW since the tag-teams on SD mean nothing anyway. Hell- the first 3 guys I mentioned are probly headed to RAW soon anyway!

So there you have it! My 3 ideas to make Smackdown better going to SyFy!
1. Bring Y2J back to SD!- or if not make Christian the NEW 'face' of SD!
2. Major upgrades to SES & a major push to go with it!
3. Bring back the Cruiserweight Division- after the IC & US titles are unified together on RAW

Yeah, the whole Thrusday night thing...they didn't move to Friday night cause they were bored. It's the network. They realized Smackdown was a shit show for primetime. Thrusday nights=Primetime TV. Friday Nights=Dead Zone where the crappy shows go to limp on or die off. I love Smackdown though. Oh and as for changing things...make mid-carders more interesting, give actual feuds, get the GM involved make it seem like it really is the A show and let got live at times like Raw does its 3 hour sepcials.

1) Get rid of the "blue" lighting. It just looks tacky and second rate.

2) Push Christian to main event status (it's about time). Christian was born to main event. He should be competing for the World Championship.

3) Bring in a more "interfering" General Manager (a heel).

1) Get More Face Characters: The amount of heels on SD are amazing, yet they still decide to push them over the face characters and not utilise what they have. I mean, they bring Del Rio from nothing to this big star yet they leave someone who can achieve a lot of midcard glory in JTG behind everyone. They need to find the balance here and start using more of their guys so we have faces equaling the heels. Guys like Drew and Cody are forced to pair up because of this and even CM Punk is an announcer for NXT just so he has something else to do.

If they were to gain someone from another brand, I'd say Evan Bourne would be the best choice. He is on the borderline of midcard and main event. He loses to all ME guys, but beats the shit out of the midcarders. Move him over to SD where the lines are blurred and he can be a high-ranking guy over there. Hell, Yoshi isn't doing anything... why not him? Maybe the NXT season two guys?

2) Move The Diva's: The championships are now unified, with the title holders being both from SD. Removing those two to appear on RAW, Tiffany being suspended and Phoenix injured... that leaves Kelly and Mendes as SD mainstays. Even with LayCool as champions, you can't make programming on SD involving the Diva's since every possible angle is done and Mendes is quite shit... so why not move them all to RAW? It allows for at least one segment more dedicated to getting over other stars not being used regularly.

Don't even think I there is a third one that I can foresee being likely other than the possibility of going live to make the show have that air of quality about it. Crowds that are live usually make for a better show and can indicate to us whether a wrestler sucks or not. Then again, the brand needs to be taped so they can make other stars like Drew look better. Maybe get one big name from RAW over to SD... but considering the show is the talent developing show, probably not the best course of action although someone like Edge would be a great idea to switch over. He's done better on SD than any other show, so why not?

1. Go live. This is the single biggest complaint I have with Smackdown. A few months ago, I would have said move to a network that I can get in HD instead of standard, but they are doing that already, so I can't count it as a complaint anymore. I do think that the main reason Smackdown's ratings aren't any better is because people know what happens ahead of time. I like the fact that I don't know what is going to happen on Raw until I am watching it. With the spoilers that get posted, a lot of people read them, then figure they don't have to bother watching it.

2. Bring back the competition between Raw and Smackdown. Most of us would agree that Smackdown is treated as the "B" show, so if the WWE wants to shed that image, have them reignite the war with Raw. That makes what happens on Smackdown relevant to those viewers who primarily only watch Raw. There are WWE fans who watch Raw, there are WWE fans that watch Smackdown, and there are those who watch both. Those who watch both are already watching...the WWE needs to get more crossover viewership from the other two groups. If the WWE is going to persist in the roster splits (I think they should merge, but that is a different thread) then they need to make me care about both sets of wrestlers. Part of that may be accomplished when and if the WWE completes its title unifications by merging the US/IC titles and WWE/World titles...that would require the champ to appear at both places, which means viewers have to watch both shows to see whatever feud the champ is in.

3. Balance the heels and faces a little more. I am not saying that half of the Raw faces need to move over to Smackdown, just that there needs to be a little more balance on Smackdown itself. It feels like Smackdown has a 70/30 heel/face ratio. There just aren't enough faces compared to the number of heels. Again, not talking about balancing the talent between Raw and Smackdown better, but balancing the talent within Smackdown's own roster.

First off, I see nothing wrong with the heel to face ratio... that's what wrestling's always been about. The more heels there are for the face to beat before becoming champion then the better the pay off in the end, or so that's how I have always felt... but what do I know, Arn Anderson is just one of my favorite wrestlers.

As for what I'd change, well it's simple really.

1. Move to Thursday nights - To me, it's just not Smackdown without being on the day of Smackdown. I have always preferred the Thursday night to Friday night, and so have a lot of other fans. Plus, it would give TNA a chance to up their game if they too have direct competition on Thursday nights. I know that Superstars is on Thursdays, so I say move it to Saturdays.

2. Do a Smackdown AM with SyFy - I'm not sure if anybody still watches Raw AM, but in my mind, that's a really great way to garner more viewers. Some people, though not many, have to work the graveyard shift and can't watch SD or Raw on live TV. I know that there's DVR in today's world, but it would still be beneficial to put Smackdown AM on Saturday mornings.

3. Put Punk as World Champion and ride the wave - This is the bread and butter on Smackdown right now, and if there's anybody on the Smackdown roster that can wrestle anybody and make them look good, it's this man. As World champion, he could have a quick rivalry with Christian, Hardy, or even Finlay and make them look like plausible contenders and then he can turn around and face people like Taker, Mysterio, and Swagger and still look legit. He's the only guy on that roster that can, so he should be the focal point of Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back