• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How does Jack get his Swagger back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimetoShine

Dark Match Winner
What the hell has happened to Jack Swagger? He has been missing from Raw from several weeks now, with no injury report that I have heard of.

I was personally loving his verbal spats with The Miz, and was looking forward to see what might develop from that. In my own personal opinion,

I feel he is one of the most talented newcomers in WWE, and by newcomer I only mean not in the top tier of stars, yet. But he has the look, the in ring skills, and the attitude, so what went wrong? I hope he isnt going through some stupid repackaging, as he already was the package.

What do you guys think?

I diagnose Brock Block Syndrome unfortunately. It'll take a few years in the midcard before it passes.
You've got to remember the guy hasn't been around long at all, and as talented as he obviously is, there are obviously guys who have been around longer and are still waiting for their push.

How does he get it back?

Never talk on the mic again. ever. I hate to sound cruel, and its nothing personal to him, but who is ever going to take him seriously with that lisp? This is a cruel business and the slightest imperfections tend to be magnified. I think you pair him up with someone at about the same entrance level and then you have a very serious tag team without needing a lot of mic time. That's about the only way he gets any 'swagger' IMO.

He'll be back in the new year quickly. Since RAW is becoming more about entertainment than wrestling, and since I don't see Swagger becoming a household name outside of wrestling fans, I wouldn't mind him moving to Smackdown. He could have GREAT fueds with Morrison, McIntyre, Punk, Hardy etc. I think he could get a good rub from Taker too. I hope this won't turn into a bitchfest thread where people want him in the main event and want him there NOW. In due time guys......patience

I don't think that him main eventing now would do anything, especially since we already have a heel champion in Sheamus.

Swagger could possibly have a good (non-title) feud with Cena based on their match at the draft show this past April. I think it sucks that Raw is so damn political that guys like Swagger get overlooked, but he was great on ECW and he had a great feud with Christian and he's one of the more underrated stars on Raw.

Btw, the US Title looked good on the "All American-American" the week he stole it.

good question and i actually was thinking of this last week when he was on WWE superstars. Here was a guy who was being pushed to the moon on ecw, he was champion for a while, i believe that he was undefeated for a while as well, having solid matches with christian. Then he was "promoted" to raw and he just has just been around with nothing really noteworthy.

Then this weeks ECW they announced they are holding a homecoming, for past ECW champions, automatically Jack Swagger comes to mind. This could be the chance for Swagger to come back to ECW either have a solid match with Christian to give him a nice shine or hell even win it in order to place him back on ECW and let him take the place of Sheamus. Then have some solid feuds with the people on ECW, therefore re-establishing as what i called him before, a kurt angle starter pack.

I don't think his current gimmick is ever going to go over. I don't really care for Swagger. His mic skills are terrible, with or without a lisp. His in ring skills are boring and have no enthusiasm. The gutwrench powerbomb is a weak finisher as is, and the way he execute it doesn't make it look ferocious. His outfit is plain and generic. His Scott Steiner push-ups are so feeble and weak, so they're pointless.

To be honest, Scott Steiner at his old age, he is a better worker than Swagger. On the mic, in the ring, and appearance wise. And he knows how to hook a crowd. And I don't see that in Swagger at all.

However look at the evolution of Steiner in the way he came in so clean cut and now look at him. He is a freak. That is what you have to do with Swagger, get rid of his All-American, American look, and dirty him up. Make him lose his cool or swagger that he has and make him get angry and upset, and show some real emotion. Instead of this fake nonsense that makes him look like an autistic ****** staring in the clouds smiling like an idiot.

The problem I see, is that I don't think he could pull it off, because although he may have swagger or charisma, his personality is genuine to his character, in other words; He is a dork in real life and it shows in his persona. So you can put him in a brand new attire, but he's still going to be a dork. Because he can't act and he's a dork.

So the only solution would be to disguise it, by not letting him talk, and covering up his goofy face with sun glasses, and not letting him smile. Have the big show knock his teeth out, not literally, but metaphorically, so he has to wear something to cover them up. Like gold fronts or something embarrassing that over time could be neat and part of his character. Or maybe not, but aim for something like this. Look how just flexing pecs can revitalize Chris Masters. Or Matt Hardy breaking his hand. Turn a negative into a positive.

I think Swagger was doing just fine where he was. For some reason, the creative team just had nothing for him.

He plays the cocky heel very well, and knows how to work a mic, despite being mocked for his lisp. Unfortunately, that's going to be a stigma that will stick with him throughout his career. But I think he can get past that.

Whenever he comes back, have him lose the push-ups in his entrance. That's all, maybe. And he might work with a valet by his side. Difficult to judge who, maybe Kelly Kelly if they decided to turn her heel. She's not doing much anyway.

What the hell has happened to Jack Swagger? He has been missing from Raw from several weeks now, with no injury report that I have heard of.

I was personally loving his verbal spats with The Miz, and was looking forward to see what might develop from that. In my own personal opinion,

I feel he is one of the most talented newcomers in WWE, and by newcomer I only mean not in the top tier of stars, yet. But he has the look, the in ring skills, and the attitude, so what went wrong? I hope he isnt going through some stupid repackaging, as he already was the package.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, you were right. He was the package, but something happened that halted his development: He sank instead of swimming when he got drafted to RAW. He was unfortunate to receive a fast push, since if you happen to look at his growth in ECW, it didn't warrant one.

Yeah, he has loads of potential, and in-ring ability, he has in spades. He can have a decent match if he needs to. Look at Cena vs. Swagger. He didn't wint it, but you could see he could hang with the top guy. Yes, you can attribute this to Cena himself since he has the experience to do so, but Swagger did his part, and did it well.

To me, he just needs to bring out his "it" factor. He needs one good feud or moment that can make his prescence felt. Kofi had his moment when he leg dropped Orton in MSG, Miz had his moment when he walked out and cut a promo that almost instantly got his heat. The gimmick is starting to dry up and fast. But I fear this is mostly circumstance of being on the wrong show as it's cluttered enough with the big feuds, and it also has the guest host thing going for it.

My advice, though insufficient and stupid it may be: send him to smackdown. He did enough in ECW, so he needs to reach a point where he can have elbow room in both smackdown, and eventually raw. Friday nights have shown to be the wrestling-oriented show, so to him, it can be a change of scenery that could work for him.

plain and simple: have Jack Swagger win the ECW Homecoming tournament & defeat Christian at the rumble. Christian & Swagger put on a clinic every time they wrestled each other early into Christians return to WWE, and what better way is there to boost both men then have them feud for a solid month before a cracker opening contest at the rumble?

this leaves Christian free to enter the Royal Rumble, and lets Swagger regain a bit of credibility with a 2 month ECW title reign before shipping off to SD! in the draft

I honestly think Jack Swagger's All American American gimmick is good for the time being, someone like the Kurt Angle and his "3 I's" thing. Trying to be that clean cut guy that the fans hate. I think Swagger needs a little bit of an overhaul soon though. I think his gimmick may get lost in the shuffle on RAW, but would be solid on Smackdown. But moving him to Smackdown he could get thrown further down the line with Taker, Batista, Punk, Morrison, McEntyre, Chris Jericho, and Matt Hardy on top. I personally, would do one of three things with him:

1. Keep him on RAW with his current gimmick. Push him a little with a fued with HBK or Triple H or Cena that is not for any title. Just a "young kid disrespecting the veteran" type of deal. Have a long fued with some big PPV matches. See if he can keep it up and keep it interesting without being carried. If he can't drop him down and you know he has to work harder.

2. Keep him on RAW and have him fued with The Miz for the US Title as a face. Have him go through something kind of like Kurt Angle did. Get rid of the goofy smile all the time. Talk less. Not much showboating unless he hits a big move to get the crowd into a match. Give the impression that he's more vicious in the ring. Something the fans want to see out of guys. Kind of make him the WWE's version of a MMA fighter. Give him that big submission move that can win matches and take it from there. Lots of slams, mat wrestling, using his actual wrestling ability to mold his character. I think a gimmick like this could really push him to the top of the WWE in time.

3. Same as #2, only with him on Smackdown. Have him start off fueding with CM Punk. Then maybe Jericho to really get him over. Eventually, he could be at the top fueding with Batista. I think Swagger would work better as a face on Smackdown because of the heels they have.

plain and simple: have Jack Swagger win the ECW Homecoming tournament & defeat Christian at the rumble. Christian & Swagger put on a clinic every time they wrestled each other early into Christians return to WWE, and what better way is there to boost both men then have them feud for a solid month before a cracker opening contest at the rumble?

this leaves Christian free to enter the Royal Rumble, and lets Swagger regain a bit of credibility with a 2 month ECW title reign before shipping off to SD! in the draft

I basically agree with this idea, but don't think he should defeat Christian. For any member of Raw or Smackdown to win the tournament currently held on ECW would be a demotion because they would get bumped down to being stuck on the "C" show. This means they have little to no chance of being a part of Wrestlemania, and most of the PPV's from right now until the draft.

Now, if Swagger were to win the tournament but lose to Christian.... he could come out on Raw the next week and cut a great promo about how he doesn't NEED the ECW title, and how he is ABOVE that title just for being a member of the Raw roster. That would sound really arrogant, giving him some heel heat, and then he could proceed to begin squashing jobbers again for a while until moving into a title feud for the US title or something.

Swagger was doing alright honestly. It wouldn't be hard to "get his Swagger back" again because he was already over and they would only have to do a few small things in order for Swagger to regain his momentum. Bring him back onscreen, have him act arrogant, win matches, and be involved with better feuds. It's not hard.

Jack Swagger i heard was having his push demoted for some reason but he really is a very good mat wrestler.

I feel that the WWE rushed him too fast by quickly shifting him from ECW to Raw after his ECW championship loss when he should have maybe been drafted to smackdown to develop properly.

He lacks a charachter on the mic and his lisp was mocked when he was cutting promos on ECW. He has a nice array of defensive as a matt wrestler but maybe needs to work on instigating more offensive into his moveset and that would make fans cheer for him more.

Kofi Kingston is exciting to watch because of his offensive moves and this is what Swagger needs to work on to get used properly on Raw.

I can't say I'm overly disappointed with Swagger's latest position on the card as I'm yet to get what he's all about. I think he's where he should be at this stage in his career and for all those Swagger fans out there, it's not like he's that bad off and he's had a decent career to date. He's already been ECW champion (for what it's worth) which shows WWE must have some faith in him, then he was moved from the "C show" to the so called "Flagship" program that is Raw, yet another indication that WWE have high hopes for the guy.

So in all honesty, I can't say things aren't going too bad and luckily for him he seems to be a good performer in the ring, he has shown glimpes of a cocky personality at times and has cut some decent promos thus far. I think patience is the key thing here with Swagger, WWE are probably just figuring out what direction they want to take him in from here and unfortunately for Jack that means he doesn't have a whole lot to do at the moment, but I'm sure that will change.

I actually think that WWE are bringing too many young guys up now that they simply don't what to do with them, sad but true. For example, can Jack Swagger really be distinguised from Drew Mcintyre or Sheamus at this point? I think the answer is 'No' and it's not necessarily their wrongdoing, in fact it's not their fault at all. I think Creative could afford to spend a little more time differentiating these new guys from each other and once that happens I think the current crop of new stars like Swagger will truly begin to shine.

What do you guys think?

I, too, am a Jack Swagger fan, and after his match with Cena earlier on in the year, I thought that by the end of this year this kid was going to be huge. I stand corrected. I wonder where he has been, but your probably right when you are saying that you hope it aint for a re package because he already is the package. I do through, think that maybe his push was rushed a little quickly and maybe a return to ECW may be wrong, a new leash on SmackDown! could be the thing that sets up Swaggers career.

Kofi Kingston is exciting to watch because of his offensive moves and this is what Swagger needs to work on to get used properly on Raw.

Earlier on you said that he needs to work on his mic skills because of his lisp and I completely agree with you. However, I do not think that he needs to work on his offensive in ring skills. I feel that as a heel, he does the right moves physiologically to gets the fans a little rallied up against him and he is an extremely good mat wrestler.

I was thinking about making this thread. Where did he go wrong? The general feeling a few months ago when he was drafted to RAW was that he would be pushed greatly, at least to a US Championship. But, he wasn't. He's done sweet fuck all since moving to RAW.

I think with guys like Sheamus, Kofi etc being pushed at the moment has something to do with. You can't push too many otherwise it will be new face overload but I don't think that's the only reason for his recent performances, or lack of performances.

Swagger has just been looked over I think. WWE has just lost interest in him which in turn has made the audiance lose interest. It will be hard work trying to get back to where he was and beyond. He had a lot of momentum going to RAW. He had a decent ECW Championship reign and a good feud with Christian before moving. He was ok for a few weeks when he was trying to get his hands on the US Championship but has done nothing since... WWE has simply lost interest.

For him to be credible or worth anything again he needs to move to Smackdown or back to ECW. RAW is much more about the promos and vignettes than the wrestling and Swagger isn't too good with the mic. He'd fit in much better over on Smackdown. A match with Macintyre would be gold or a feud with Jericho could do wonders.

It's hard to say what will happen to him but I genuinly hope he makes it, he has talent but he needs a chance to show it.

I think he should help himself back onto his feet with a great tag team, I know the tag team division is near dead and all and not many peoplelike tag teamswere two superstars are just put together, but slam master J and Jimmy Wang Yang are in a tag team and look, they got a match, maybe their first match in about a month, I know its very different because swagger was a big star on ECW and now hes slipped down to the undercards. but I recommend he is put in a tag team, or stable. an all american stable. I know this wont happen but you know, It's worth thinking about

Well his match with Cena on Raw has gone some way to Jack getting his Swagger back. He looked dominant against the most pushed superstar in the company, John Cena, someone who has just vowed not to lose again until he wins back the WWE Title.

I was hoping for a Miz v. Swagger fued, but for that you'd have to turn Swagger face, and I'm not sure how that would work, although I think if it was done correctly it would be a pretty good fued that would elevate them both, especially seeing as The Miz is doing nothing at the minute apart from beating up Santino and destroying some presents.

The big problem is that there aren't any face superstars for him to fued with apart from Evan Bourne really, and given both mens sizes and lack of mic time, I just can't see it going very far.

Here's hoping Swagger gets a nice win next week on Raw, following two awesome matches, but defeats, this week.

Simple really. The guy has enough momentum left from his ECW days. He is a former champion. Yes a champion People just need to be reminded of that.

So they should send him to Smackdown, give him some promo time and put him in a decent feud. With who you might ask? Matt Hardy. Two people with so much momentum yet nothing is happening.

What do you do? put him in a feud with Matt and involve McIntyre and Morrison. I suppose they tried this on Raw but that failed like doggy poo. Swagger isn't over .. not yet.

I shake my head when I ponder over Jack Swagger. Personally, I love this guy. I think he has all the necessary ingredients to be success and have longevity in this business. Unfortunately, my opinion doesn't count. Someone at the WWE obvious disagrees with me, as he has made very few appearances on RAW the past couple of weeks. He has been limited to an almost weekly appearance on Superstars instead.

Word is that he isn't getting the reaction the WWE had hoped for. I would assume that it would be difficult for any wrestler to get a decent reaction when they rarely wrestle and have no meaningful storyline. That's the position Swagger is in. He appeared on ECW last night and was the highlight of the show. He had several promo spots and worked a good match with Yoshi Tatsu. Swagger can succeed, he just needs to be given the opportunity. Perhaps a shift to Smackdown would be more helpful.

I think that the best thing the WWE could do with Swagger right now is to send him to SmackDown and give him a fresh start. When he came to Raw, he had a lot of momentum on his side and it briefly looked as if he might see his way into the WWE title picture and/or a feud with Randy Orton at least. However, any momentum he had is long since gone and he's becoming little more than a talented jobber on Raw.

On the mic, I kinda like Swagger. He's grown on me. I know some people can't get past the lisp and, while I admit that it does bother me a little bit, the guy does get good heat and the lisp is a good part of it. Turn a negative into a positive. His match on Raw against John Cena and his match on ECW against Yoshi Tatsu show me that he's got the stuff in the ring. Those were two very good matches and coupled with his ability to draw heat on the mic and a good natural look, the guy is simply too good to be used the way he is right now. Send him to SmackDown, build him up for a while, put him into a 3-way feud with Morrison and McIntyre for the IC title and give the guy a chance to shine.

Swagger needs direction. I thought he was doing well in The Miz storyline, but they pulled the plug for no reason. I imagine its because they want to keep him heel, and there was danger of him turning there, I don't know. Swagger needs to improve his talking a little, but in all honesty it is most definitely down to a lack of creative direction as to why nobody cares about him right now. He could do with moving to Smackdown because he is obviously not in favour on Raw. The guy has the attributes to succeed, he just needs pushing a little harder than some.

How he's going to become a top star hmm... once Vince gets his head out of his ass but honestly they had him face Cena in a really good match and somewhat putting Swagger over, I guess he just has to get rid of that lisp somehow I mean I was surprised that Vince wanted him to job I don't remember if there was any proof in that I forget but still seemed like it to me, and he was really fitting the mold for people Vince is usually high on but yeah I think it's just his lisp 'cause Swagger really has the mold of what Vince likes... just saying

Well I wanted to create this thread, because Swagger is pure wrestling gold. I think he is goofy and I also think that's a money spinner. Turn him face which he basically is, anyway I seem to remember another goofy face who got over very well. (Think along the lines of the Olympic Gold Medal Hero)

If you want to put him in a tag team, and you want him to be a household name, Pair him with Santino Marella. That means he'll get alot of face time on tv and then the comedy spots continue. Keep his lisp, it makes him interesting and they can play it off as deliberate

To make him top face. Sheamus or Orton or whoever destroys Marella with a bit of emotion, not a joke. Marella takes a holiday for a couple of weeks. Swagger stops being goofy, stops smiling and then it's all emotion and he goes over a top heel, voila, main event Swagger

Firstly i'd like MVP to win the US title then have Swagger and MVP fight for it. Their feud late last year in my opinion was one of the best mid card feuds of the year because it felt like a real situation in which MVP was being over looked and Swagger was being pushed. I think MVP phrased it as "I'm not a stepping stone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back