How big of a douchebag should I be?

Should I be all douchebaggy and remind my friend of her comments?

• Hell yea, serves her right!

• Nah. You clearly won the argument, let it go.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Harthan, imagine if Vince McMahon suspended CM Punk for a year because he had the intent of hurting John Cena while they wrestled. Now, Cena didn't get hurt, and it didn't look like Punk really ever tried to hurt him; it's all based on evidence Vince gathered from someone or something (and for argument's sake, let's say that someone or something didn't come from Cena and that Cena believes Punk did no wrong doing). However, Vince refused to let anyone in on the evidence, including Punk. Would that be fair?

If Goodell has evidence, then he should release it. Why doesn't he? Simple, he doesn't have any past the 2009 playoff run, which he has known about since 2009. Why did he wait 3 years to punish the Saints for it? Simple, because the NFL is now being hit with lawsuits, and want to change the league so they can have an 18 game season.

The only people wearing rose colored glasses are those who actually accept a man's word who refuses to release any evidence.

I just wanted to post a silly picture of a dog, really.

At the end of the day, Goodell is working for the health and safety of the players. He may be bumbling and scorching the earth a bit on the way to doing so, but he's getting there.

Go ahead... shit on her. You're the one who's going to look foolish. There's clear visual proof of the violations Suh and other Lions players committed, but the commish refuses to release a shred of evidence against the Saints, so all you have to believe in any of this is that ********er's word. And before you bring up Gregg Williams, it came to light that the commissioner wrote his "apology," and despite that ridiculous pregame speech against the 49ers, the Saints didn't commit one penalty that entire game or injure someone. And you can never prove "intent."

Also, I love Vilma, and I hope he wins his appeal, but he's been injury prone the past couple of years and the Saints did a fantastic job this offseason finding replacements for him just in case this happened. Two of the other guys suspended play for other teams, and Will Smith got four games, but I didn't hear a peep from him last season, so I don't believe that's not too big of a loss anyway.

Basically, my point is the Saints have nothing to worry about. At least we're still better than the Lions at the end of the day. Now, if we don't sign Drew, then that'll hurt. Big time. But there was no suspension the Fuhrer could have handed out after Payton's that could diminish the faith Saints fans have in this team.
jmt225 is one of the calmest, most rational and level headed people we have on this forum...unless you fuck with his Saints. Then it's on like Donkey Kong.

Let's see...Ndamukong Suh suspended a total of two games. New Orleans Saints players, coaches and Administration suspended for a combined 61. Somehow I have a hard time believing that this is all just one big fucking misunderstanding.

Let's see...Ndamukong Suh suspended a total of two games. New Orleans Saints players, coaches and Administration suspended for a combined 61. Somehow I have a hard time believing that this is all just one big fucking misunderstanding.

Reason why Suh was suspended....

[YOUTUBE]ZXDmCVSnn1U[/YOUTUBE]

Clear visual proof.

Reason why Saints players and coaches were suspended...

Shit, I got nothing. Why? Because the Fuhrer hasn't released the evidence. It's one man's word against an entire organization's. Why should I blindly believe the one man? He very well could be telling the truth, but if so, then release the evidence and prove the Saints wrong. Until then, I firmly believe this entire process has been unjust.

Reason why Saints players and coaches were suspended...

Shit, I got nothing. Why? Because the Fuhrer hasn't released the evidence. It's one man's word against an entire organization's. Why should I blindly believe the one man? He very well could be telling the truth, but if so, then release the evidence and prove the Saints wrong. Until then, I firmly believe this entire process has been unjust.

Are you claiming this didn't actually happen?

Are you claiming this didn't actually happen?

I'm 99.9% sure that nothing like this happened past the 2009 playoff run. If it did, then more players would have gotten suspended. So, Goodell lied right off the bat by saying this lasted for 3 years. There's absolutely no way this went passed the 2009 playoffs, and if it did, then he doesn't have a shred of evidence that it did.

So, if he lied about that, why should I believe the 2009 playoff accusations? Now, I'm willing to admit, that it very well could be true because of the rumors we have heard and because of the way the Saints played, but I still want to see the proof, not just rumors. They're saying they have proof that Vilma offered his teammates $10,000 to knock out Favre and Warner... why don't they release the proof? It just makes no sense not to.

And let's just say Goodell does have the proof and eventually releases it, then why did it take 3 years to hand out punishments when he knew about it right after the 2009 season? Something's just really fishy about all this.

yeah, they haven't released the evidence, but just because it wasn't released doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This was not being tried in the court of public opinion. And there was audio that got released, that kinda proved that this stuff happened.

And I guess both Kurt Warner and Brett Favre getting all but murdered in the 2009 playoffs means nothing?

Sly got it right. JMT is awesome, chill, and all that. Just don't mention the Saints, then he becomes a different person. Can't say I blame him though.

I'm 99.9% sure that nothing like this happened past the 2009 playoff run.

Except we know that it did. The Saints were given a warning by the NFL to stop the program. That warning did not become public until this year, but at the time, it was a quiet, internal disciplinary matter. Had the Saints ended the bounty program at that time, we as fans would never have learned about it. The only reason this became public is because the Saints did NOT terminate the bounty program, despite having already been warned by the NFL to do so.

The NFL and Roger Goodell were willing to let it slide, as long as the Saints took care of it. It was only after they spat in the face of that warning that the hammer dropped.

And as Stormy points out, Just because they haven't released the evidence to the public doesn't mean that the evidence doesn't exist. Nor does it mean that the evidence won't be released later.

But, if there was no evidence, why did Anthony Hargrove do a complete 180 from his initial denial to signing a document not only acknowledging the bounty program existed, but that he was a willing participant in it? Hargrove signs with the team the same year you claim

Why did Sean Payton acknowledge to the existence of an email from 2011 that talked about placing a $5,000 bounty on Aaron Rodgers, when such a bounty program didn't exist anymore?

So, Goodell only suspends Suh for 2 games despite obvious video evidence (notice I am not denying that Suh deserved the suspension?) But he issues out 61 games worth of suspensions to the Saints involved without any evidence? I am not even counting Gregg Williams indefinite suspension, which would obviously make that total much higher.

C'mon jmt. What's the motivation for Goodell to be anti-Saints suddenly? What caused him to go from practically giving the entire team blowjobs for winning the Super Bowl so he could constantly mention the feel-goodness about the Saints bringing back New Orleans after Katrina to suddenly being out to get them, if there is nothing to this? Roger Goodell did his best to make the Saints into national heroes after they won the Super Bowl, so if there was no bounty program after 2009, as you claim, what could have led to the sudden reversal? Why is he going after the Saints with a fury if there is nothing to back it up? Why would they enlist an independent former US Attorney Mary Jo White to have the evidence against the Saints vetted before they took any disciplinary action? Is she part of the conspiracy against the Saints too?

Please, if Goodell was going to come up with some massive bounty gate conspiracy to bring a team down then he wouldn't have went after a team as loved as the Saints, he would have more than likely gone after a team that is known for illegal hits, a team that he hands fines and suspensions to on a seemingly regular basis, like oh IDK say Pittsburgh. He wouldn't go after a team that is in a major way responsible for giving hope to a market hit by disaster. That would just be stupid.

And I guess both Kurt Warner and Brett Favre getting all but murdered in the 2009 playoffs means nothing?

Warner only received one big hit and it was completely legal. And the one series he was out because of the hit (he returned after half time), Matt Leinart drove down the field and scored on us, lol. Moreover, people forget that the SAME game Warner got hit, there was a play after the big hit where there were a few Saints that could have straight up killed Warner. What did they do? They actually held Warner up to keep him from falling on the turf. ESPN doesn't show that though, do they?

And the shady hit on Favre (there was another illegal hit called for him, but it really wasn't illegal and even Troy Aikman argued the Saints case IIRC), which I actually said at the time was a piece of shit move, got rightfully called. All the other hits were legal. Also, people forget that Favre bruised up his leg the week before in the blowout against Dallas, so it's exaggerated the damage the Saints did to him.

Also, both Warner and Favre have come out defending the Saints on this matter.

Except we know that it did. The Saints were given a warning by the NFL to stop the program. That warning did not become public until this year, but at the time, it was a quiet, internal disciplinary matter. Had the Saints ended the bounty program at that time, we as fans would never have learned about it. The only reason this became public is because the Saints did NOT terminate the bounty program, despite having already been warned by the NFL to do so.

That's my problem, man. If the bounty continued, then why aren't players from the Saints 2010 and 2011 teams suspended? Roman Harper is by far our dirtiest player, and he's become a main focal point the last two years... obviously if there was a bounty program, he'd be receiving the checks. Malcolm Jenkins, too.

However, only guys from the 2009 squad got punished. Why is that? Because the NFL has ZERO evidence that this continued after the 2009 season outside of one disgruntled ex-employee's word.

But, if there was no evidence, why did Anthony Hargrove do a complete 180 from his initial denial to signing a document not only acknowledging the bounty program existed, but that he was a willing participant in it? Hargrove signs with the team the same year you claim

Because he's not apart of the Saints anymore and doesn't care what happens to them? Ever think of that? It's very much in the realm of possibility that he was saving his own ass after being threatened with Vilma's punishment. Someone of Hargrove's statue cannot afford a full year suspension.

Moreover, Hargrove admitted to a "bounty" system. That is too ambiguous. There is a pay to perform system (which is what I believe he admitted to participating in) in which players pool their money and dole out rewards for things such as interceptions, forced fumbles, sacks, big hits, etc. While this system is illegal, it is still not anywhere near the severity of a pay to injure program, which everyone in our organization has fervently denied.

Why did Sean Payton acknowledge to the existence of an email from 2011 that talked about placing a $5,000 bounty on Aaron Rodgers, when such a bounty program didn't exist anymore?

This is what I'm talking about... it's RUMORED that this is in the evidence, but Sean Payton denies it.

Also, the ONLY reason Sean isn't being outspoken like Vilma is, is because his suspension can continue past the 2012 season if Goodell doesn't like Payton's actions during his suspension. That was clearly stated when Payton became suspended.

So, Goodell only suspends Suh for 2 games despite obvious video evidence (notice I am not denying that Suh deserved the suspension?) But he issues out 61 games worth of suspensions to the Saints involved without any evidence? I am not even counting Gregg Williams indefinite suspension, which would obviously make that total much higher.

You know how many personal fouls have been called against Vilma in the last 3 years? 2 (one roughing the passer and one personal foul), and I remember that roughing the passer call against Eli and it wasn't a bad hit at all, just one of those grazing the head type of blows. Fujita? Zero. Hargrove? 2. Will Smith? 1, and it was complete BS (the hand barely touching the helmet type of thing).

Where is the proof these guys went out there to injure someone? Hargrove has the one hit on Favre after he handed the ball off, but that's it. Don't you think if these guys truly had the intent to go out there and hurt people that they would have done it? They're professional football players. However, no big name got severely injured against the Saints in the last 3 years, and the 'little' names that did were all regular football injuries.

C'mon jmt. What's the motivation for Goodell to be anti-Saints suddenly? What caused him to go from practically giving the entire team blowjobs for winning the Super Bowl so he could constantly mention the feel-goodness about the Saints bringing back New Orleans after Katrina to suddenly being out to get them, if there is nothing to this? Roger Goodell did his best to make the Saints into national heroes after they won the Super Bowl, so if there was no bounty program after 2009, as you claim, what could have led to the sudden reversal? Why is he going after the Saints with a fury if there is nothing to back it up? Why would they enlist an independent former US Attorney Mary Jo White to have the evidence against the Saints vetted before they took any disciplinary action? Is she part of the conspiracy against the Saints too?

I already explained it... lawsuits and an 18 game season. The NFL is protecting their ass, and they want an 18 game season. Some disgruntled ex-employee comes and says a bounty has been taking place in the NO the past three years, and Goodell saw the perfect opportunity to show people how serious he is about 'player safety' so he went overboard with everything and gave out the harshest punishments in the history of the sport, despite having ZERO evidence that the bounties really did continue after the NFL told them to stop after 2009 (otherwise, like I said, players from the 2010 and 2011 teams would have been suspended).

I'm not some conspiracy nut always looking to blame the system. If the Saints did have bounties on certain guys heads, then okay... they deserve to be punished, but show the proof before you hand out these punishments. It's only right. And if they have no proof that this didn't last past 2009 like I'm saying it didn't, then Sean Payton's suspension should surely be reduced.

Please, if Goodell was going to come up with some massive bounty gate conspiracy to bring a team down then he wouldn't have went after a team as loved as the Saints, he would have more than likely gone after a team that is known for illegal hits, a team that he hands fines and suspensions to on a seemingly regular basis, like oh IDK say Pittsburgh. He wouldn't go after a team that is in a major way responsible for giving hope to a market hit by disaster. That would just be stupid.

People patronize the Saints organization... they never "loved" us. I've heard nothing but horror stories from Saints fans going to away games, constantly being jeered about Katrina and what not.

Fans only love their team. You can end up admiring another player (like I do Tim Tebow, for example), but I could never love the Broncos near the same level as I do "my team." And all NFL fans are the same way.

Goodell needed a way to show just how serious he takes "player safety," and this was simply his perfect opportunity to do so. I just pray to God it somehow comes back and bites him in the ass.

Also, here's a tid bit from Dan Patrick's radio show this morning for my main man Justin. :icon_razz:

The Saints may have put a bounty on Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner during the playoffs after the 2009 season, but Warner says it was the other playoff game he played that year — against the Packers — when he thought the opposing team was taking shots at his head.

Warner said on the Dan Patrick Show that in that year’s wild card playoff win over Green Bay, he felt like Packers players were intentionally trying to hit him high. It was actually the Packers who were complaining after that game that the officials missed calls on illegal hits to Aaron Rodgers, but Warner says the Packers were hitting him illegally, too.

But in the next week’s divisional loss to New Orleans, Warner didn’t think the Saints did anything beyond what’s normal.

“I played in a lot of games where they were really trying to take me out,” Warner said. “When I went back and looked at that game [against the Saints] I don’t ever remember thinking it was anything more than a tough playoff game. I don’t remember anything that was beyond the whistle. Even the big hit was legal.”

If Kurt Warner is saying that he didn't feel like the Saints did any wrong doing (and remember he is the main "victim" in all this along with Favre, who also takes the Saints side btw), why should I blindly believe Goodell and his "sources" over the Saints organization and the guys who were actually "targeted" on the field? Will someone please explain that to me? This here proves that Warner isn't above casting blame if he feels it's deserved since he basically called out the Packers, so there's no excuse why he wouldn't do the same to the Saints. Favre you could argue is a lifelong Saints fan and would never do anything to hurt this organization, but Warner? He has no agenda whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back