• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How are ROH DVDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeksis8745

Occasional Pre-Show
I recently have gotten very interested in watching ROH and would like to find out how their dvds are. If anyone could tell me how the quality, visually, and length of an average ROH dvd it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone would recommend a dvd to start off with that would be great too.

If you are a WRESTLING fan, get the ROH DVD's. The matches on the DVD's are always amazing, and mind blowing. The older DVD's have not-so-good camera work, and amatuer commentary. It was taped with a digital camera, and the effects were bad. BUT, if you like wrestling for wrestling... get it. Guaranteed to entertain. I would suggest one of the later DVD's (late 05/06).

CM Joe said:
If you are a WRESTLING fan, get the ROH DVD's. The matches on the DVD's are always amazing, and mind blowing. The older DVD's have not-so-good camera work, and amatuer commentary. It was taped with a digital camera, and the effects were bad. BUT, if you like wrestling for wrestling... get it. Guaranteed to entertain. I would suggest one of the later DVD's (late 05/06).

Exactly they havent got the excellent presentation of a WWE dvd but you'll be unlucky to find a bad match on a R.O.H. dvd.

Get the ring of honor- the road to the title, i think thats their best dvd, it was from 2004, anyone whose seen must have loved it

if this is your first dvd, id reccomend supercard of honor, its within the last year and one of their best shows ever.

Supercard of Honor and any of the "Milestone Series" DVD's would be good ROH Starters. "Cage of Death" and "War of the Wire 2" are also good newer releases

ROH in my opinion is the best wrestling going today.

I agree ROH is the best wrestling going today tna should take some pointers on how to work the talent they have

round robin challenge,roa to the title,night of appreation and all of the death before dishonor dvds

Flippyskate21 said:
Get the ring of honor- the road to the title, i think thats their best dvd, it was from 2004, anyone whose seen must have loved it

road to the title was from 2002, and while it is an "ok" dvd there are way, way, WAY better shows.

now, for the person who started this thread, here is a little advice. if you are interested in buying roh dvds take advantage of the sales. pay attention to what are always on the $10 list for the "$10 sales" and don't buy them during "buy 3 get 1 free" sales (you can spend $60 for dvds, or $60 for 6 dvds). instead buy newier dvds (2006) during the "B3G1F" sale. also, gabe sapolsky (owner and booker for roh) has created "chapter points" for the shows to help catch new fans up:

Chapter 1- "The Era of Honor Begins" to "First Anniversary Show"
Chapter 2: "Expect The Unexpected" to "At Our Best"
Chapter 3: "Reborn: Stage One" to "Final Battle 2004"
Chapter 4: "It All Begins" to "The Future Is Now"
Chapter 5: "Death Before Dishonor III" to "Redemption"
Chapter 6: "Punk: The Final Chapter" to "Unscripted II"
Chapter 7: "Fourth Anniversary Show" to 'The 100th Show"
Chapter 8: "Weekend Of Champions: Night One" to (yet to be determined)

also, i'd go against andaus borgir suggestion of buying "death before dishonr 4" (featuring the cage of death match) and "war of the wire II" because those are the end of the roh/czw fued and they are a lot more enjoyable if yo see the build up to them. here is a video a guy made after the 100th show and posted it on roh's forum, and it means a lot more to people who have watched roh over the years than someone who is just starting to get interested, just like DBD4 and WOTW2 mean more if you've seen what has happened to get to those shows..
http://www.themvzone.com/videos/jackjeckel/ROH-100 Shows On... Forever Young.mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back