Honkameter.

Really, I need to explain this shit again?, ok this time I want you to fucking read the post, so I don't have to go through this with ever again

I think my post from the RAW LD last week puts it best

Do you get it now?, do you understand the words that I have post on the fucking screen in front of your face?!?

I really can't believe even a blind man of not noticing how he has had a string of good promos in the WWE.

What made the Rock and Chris Jericho funny? a lot of the same things you will say for them, you could say for Santino. You cannot deny that, or you are a hypocrite.

If his character started locking people into arm bars, would that make sense? The IC title hasn't had importance in a long time. At least its believable that Santino wants the title.

It would if they had him go away for a couple months, then show him training and learning new moves/holds, then when they bring him back he incorporates a few new moves every now and then

I really can't believe even a blind man of not noticing how he has had a string of good promos in the WWE.

What made the Rock and Chris Jericho funny? a lot of the same things you will say for them, you could say for Santino. You cannot deny that, or you are a hypocrite.

Yes Rock and Jericho are funny in the same way Santino is. One difference: They have good matches to back it up.

It would if they had him go away for a couple months, then show him training and learning new moves/holds, then when they bring him back he incorporates a few new moves every now and then

So are you saying that if Santino started hitting some good technical moves, you'd like him?

I wasn't really comparing Santino to the Rock.
No, I was merely pointing out that if Santino is unrealistic, he isn't the only one. Not by a long shot.

Plus, I'd rather see someone oversell any day, than seein' someone no sell the hell out of something. At least the oversell/unrealistic is at least believable in one way or another, but the no sell.. Oh, hey, I just got dropped on my head, but I'm gonna get right back up.

Yes Rock and Jericho are funny in the same way Santino is. One difference: They have good matches to back it up.
They don't even have to be good matches. Just believable matches. Matches where you can suspend your disbelief, and fall into the emotion of the match.

Santino's matches make you painfully aware that you are watching scripted entertainment.

So are you saying that if Santino started hitting some good technical moves, you'd like him?
No, I'm saying if he could put on a match that made you think there was a small bit of realism to it would make me think differently about him.

I wasn't really comparing Santino to the Rock.
No, I was merely pointing out that if Santino is unrealistic, he isn't the only one. Not by a long shot.
The Rock was a believable seller. Yeah, he oversold the Stunner, but for the most part, his selling was appropriate and was good showmanship. Santino's selling is neither.

Plus, I'd rather see someone oversell any day, than seein' someone no sell the hell out of something. At least the oversell/unrealistic is at least believable in one way or another, but the no sell.. Oh, hey, I just got dropped on my head, but I'm gonna get right back up.
What the fuck is the difference?

Either way, it ruins the illusion of realism in wrestling. No selling is just as bad as overselling, because both make professional matches look unrealistic.

No, I'm saying if he could put on a match that made you think there was a small bit of realism to it would make me think differently about him.

Well with the character he has right now started to lose or win strings of matches, which one is believable. If he gets beat down, but managed to sneak out the win, like many of the greats did, would that make him a good wrestler? If he never won match, would that make him good?

Back to the original topic, kind of at least, there's no way Santino goes as long as Honky did. Honky was around in a different era, where he was seen on tv far less and with far less ppvs, and at least he was a somewhat believable champion. His record is safe.

Well with the character he has right now started to lose or win strings of matches, which one is believable. If he gets beat down, but managed to sneak out the win, like many of the greats did, would that make him a good wrestler? If he never won match, would that make him good?
What?

You're missing words, and your response addressed nothing that I said.

For Santino to be a good wrestler, he needs a complete moveset overhaul. To begin with, he needs a moveset.

Its not like the IC belt ever makes it to a PPV. Why when WWE has 3 top tiered titles. Santino is the only character single handedly making the IC belt known again. If he wasn't making it known, then he could easily go with it for a long time. But since he is making the title pronounced in Raw, then breaking the record will be a lot harder.

Back to the original topic, kind of at least, there's no way Santino goes as long as Honky did. Honky was around in a different era, where he was seen on tv far less and with far less ppvs, and at least he was a somewhat believable champion. His record is safe.

Agree, if anything I see this leading to a short feud between Santino and Honky, possiably with Honky costing Santino the belt, but nothing more

anyone who watches Raw knows there's an IC belt, they don't need santino to tell them.

What would make him believable Sly?
Believable matches.

His matches, like I said earlier, make you painfully aware of just how fake wrestling can be. There's nothing realistic about his matches, and there's no emotional involvement in the match. It's fun in the "it's so bad it's entertaining" way, but that doesn't make him a good worker, nor will it ever make any headway in his career or the IC title.

He can still be the joke character, but put on realistic matches. They don't even have to be good matches, just believable.

oh yeah because Y2J doesn't bring the belt out, people forget it exists?

The amount of belts on Raw is all that matters. There's the WHC, the IC belt, the women's belt, and the tag belts. The midcard title means nothing at all right now, because the matches are designed to be nothing but jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back