Hogan Region, Fourth Round, 3 Stages of Hell: (5) Chris Jericho vs. (8) Goldberg

Who Wins This Match?

• Chris Jericho

• Goldberg

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the Hogan Region. It is a 3 Stages of Hell match. It will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

320px-Staples_Center_2012.jpg

Rules: This is a 2/3 falls match. The first fall is a street fight, the second fall is a ladder match and the third fall is a steel cage match which can be won by pinfall, submission or escaping the cage.

Assume one week has passed since the previous round, meaning there may be some lingering damage.

ba2c30712d3b56d5485062cfdd5a563c_crop_north.jpg

#5. Chris Jericho

Vs.

Superstar-Category_Goldberg_562x408_goldberg.png

#8. Goldberg

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Gimmick favors a brainy killer like Jericho over "Guy who kills shit for 5 minutes then burns out."

Street fight? That already happened in real life! In phony wrestling, Goldberg will win the battle, but mostly because Jericho knows how important the war is. He'll use this fall to tire Goldberg out, and go after his legs constantly. Can't win a ladder match if your legs are shot. Jericho wins the second fall and punishes Goldberg more with the ladder. Goldberg gets a second wind in the cage match, but then burns out again as Jericho outsmarts him and wins.

Vote Jericho.

^^ Beat me to it again ^^

Jericho wins the ladder portion, then escapes the cage to win. Like Warrior vs HHH, Goldberg doesn't get pinned, but gimmick matches where he doesn't need to be pinned to lose are the dangerous ones.

I could even imagine him spearing Jericho through the cage door or something and Jericho to win on the technicality.

Jericho. The man has reached Icon status & continually comes back to put guys over. He still has great matches with anyone & is so good at his job, he got a clipboard over. He has done it all for decades & for that alone he deserves to go over. Goldberg was awesome, but honestly his title resume pales in comparison. For all the imposing moments he brought us, remember, Jericho took him out because he is that good & Goldberg isnt that scary.

I'm going with Jericho, and I'm damn thankful that I can justify that logic.

Chris beat Muta with 66% of the vote, and Goldberg beat Hogan with 55% of the vote.

Whether Goldberg wins the street fight or not makes little difference in regard to the big picture, that this match will have to last longer than Goldberg is accustomed to. I've been throwing around citations from the IWD all day, but I'd like to exercise my right to redundancy again and mention that Goldberg's longest one-on-one match (according to them) was just under 15 minutes. Think about that for a minute, Goldberg can't just whomp Jericho and take an easy win.

The fact that Jericho is being given a guaranteed ladder match is an advantage for him, and the fact that he can win the steel cage match by escaping is another advantage for him.

Oh, and there was that one time...

[youtube]P4Wh-lIOFWk[/youtube]

Chris has come too far into this tournament to let an arrogant ass like Goldberg step over him.

Vote Chris.

I'm going with Jericho, and I'm damn thankful that I can justify that logic.

Chris beat Muta with 66% of the vote, and Goldberg beat Hogan with 55% of the vote.

Whether Goldberg wins the street fight or not makes little difference in regard to the big picture, that this match will have to last longer than Goldberg is accustomed to. I've been throwing around citations from the IWD all day, but I'd like to exercise my right to redundancy again and mention that Goldberg's longest one-on-one match (according to them) was just under 15 minutes. Think about that for a minute, Goldberg can't just whomp Jericho and take an easy win.

The fact that Jericho is being given a guaranteed ladder match is an advantage for him, and the fact that he can win the steel cage match by escaping is another advantage for him.

Oh, and there was that one time...

[youtube]P4Wh-lIOFWk[/youtube]

Chris has come too far into this tournament to let an arrogant ass like Goldberg step over him.

Vote Chris.
It's wrong actually. His longest match is against Scott Hall at Souled Out 1999 taking more than 17 minutes and he won that match despite interference.

Also, Goldberg did defeat Chris Jericho when they faced each other in WWE.

I'm holding off now but with somewhat leaning towards Goldberg.

I really don't see Jericho beating Goldberg in a street fight. I think Jericho wins the ladder portion, but loses in the cage. Goldberg would just physically dominate Jericho and Jericho's cheating ways wouldn't mean much in 3 falls.

Goldberg wins.

We all assume this is supposed to be a long match when everything that included Goldberg goes against that idea. I don't see Jericho beating Goldberg when he was walking dogs and being treated like an afterthought for most of his prime. Goldberg has always been treated like the biggest deal on Earth.

Voting Goldberg. It should be a long match, but I highly doubt it would be booked that way.

Street fight to Goldberg, ladder to Jericho and cage to Goldberg. Ladder favors Jericho, but dont think street fight and cage would. Especially cage part where he would probably be pinned after Goldberg recovers from ladder part.

If this was a straight up one on one singles I would say Goldberg,as it's a gimmick match,I do favour Jericho....it would be a long enough match otherwise why have 3 falls? To finish under 10mins?i don't think so....
Street fight would consist of a few spears and snarls and would be Goldbergs fall... The ladder match Jericho would take it,I always loved Jericho laddder matches.... The cage match I do think Jericho would take it,as I seen The Gribbler say, spear through the cage or some crazy finish and Jericho feet land first,it also protects Goldberg..

Y2J gets my vote I do think he would have this match,and he is the better wrestler....

There is no way Goldberg would ever be booked or agree to put over Jericho. Goldberg only has one clean loss in pro wrestling history and that is to Brock Lesnar.

This will be the shortest 3 Stages of Hell Match and would play out similar to Elimination Chamber 2003, only with Goldberg winning. Jericho may win the Ladder match but Goldberg has this one in the bag.

Vote: Goldberg

Chris Jericho has admitted he just got lucky in his backstage lame fight which wasn't really a fight with Goldberg. No doubt Goldberg would man handle Y2J if they were to fight in a legit contested fight.

Vote: Goldberg the man who draws more than Y2J and is a bigger star.

Y2J. Goldberg will dismantle him in round one with early intensity. But Y2J will win round two and three, especially dastardly heel Jericho. Goldberg would be horribly gassed by the middle of round 2.

I honestly don't know who to vote for here. I could see this match going either way.

I think most people are in agreement that the street fight would go to Goldberg while the Ladder Match portion would go to Jericho. What about the cage match though? On the one hand I see it as an enclosed match where Jericho wouldn't be able to run from Goldberg and Goldberg would have no problems getting his hands on Jericho. On the other hand, I see Jericho being smart enough and veteran enough to find a way to escape the cage and get the win. That's Kayfabe wise though.

If we go the accomplishments route, yet again I'm torn. While Goldberg has a much shorter career than Jericho and not as many titles; while Goldberg was on top he was a bigger draw and deal than Jericho could ever dream of being. As I said, though, Jericho has the longevity and way more title runs and wins. Also, Jericho is much better in the ring and on the mic than Goldberg is.

When I break everything down, Jericho actually has more going for him in this match than Goldberg does. I'm going with Jericho.

I don't think it's any secret that Goldberg isn't the brightest bulb of the bunch. I have no issues with admitting that Billy Bob would destroy Jericho in two of these three matches, especially the cage match. But I'm going to throw out a scenario here that sees Jericho making it out of the cage, not only alive, but as the winner. This would be heel Jericho competing, and heel Jericho was one of the craftiest bastards around in his day. By the third stage, Jericho is probably broken down, sniveling, and trying to find any way imaginable to get out of the cage before the big ape. He would likely do the only thing he could do at this point, piss Goldie off enough to the point where ole Bill doesn't even care about winning the match anymore, he just wants to destroy Jericho.

Jericho starts pulling off some McMahon/Austin circa 99 shit. Every time Golderp attempts to leave, Jericho flips him the bird, spits on him, etc. So Derpberg keeps pounding away on Y2J until he makes that one mistake that Jericho can capitalize on. Going for his 10th spear of the match, ole Bill misses Y2J and goes noggin first into the cage, concussing himself in the process. Jericho crawls his almost lifeless body out the door to win the third fall and the match.

The fact that Goldberg doesn't have to get pinned makes a Jericho win a hell of a lot more likely. One on one, this is kind of a no contest, but 3 stages of hell? Jericho has a fighting chance. He could very easily win this. I'm going Y2J.

Goldberg has no stamina... The first match is a cakewalk for him... But if Jericho makes the other two gone distance... He wins.

Two out of three falls seems more Jericho's speed. While I have no doubt Goldberg would win the street fight, the final two bouts can be taxing, and Y2J is better suited to go the distance in ladder and steel cage matches.

As many have said Jericho will outsmart Goldberg to win the Cage Match after winning the Ladder Match previously. Jericho has much higher endurance and Goldberg having to work more than 5-10 minutes is going to leave him gassed. You know what happens when you think someone has Jericho beat easily? Jericho beats them. That's exactly what will happen here.

Vote Jericho, or you're gonna get IT, just like Goldberg will.

I like Jericho a whole lot more than Goldberg. Granted, that's not really saying much as I pretty much despise Goldberg, but my heart is with Y2J on this.

However....as much as I hate to say it, I'm leaning towards Goldberg here because I just see Goldberg absolutely mauling Jericho in this match. The first match is little more than a squash as Goldberg quickly decimates Jericho in about 5 minutes with Goldberg practically no selling much of Jericho's offense, what little he gets in. The booking here would almost be certainly as though every move Goldberg hits has a minimum of 10 times the force that it'd have over almost everyone else who'd use it. For example, a spear from nearly anyone else knocks the break out of you while a spear from Goldberg almost causes the recipient to almost expel their intestinal tract from their mouth and ass simultaneously. As a result, a few chairshots from Goldberg coupled with maybe spearing Jericho through a table and then hitting him with the Jackhammer slam through another table and Jericho would feel like he'd just been butt fucked by a freight train.

For the ladder match, Jericho's still all but running on empty and puts up a gallant struggle but, again, it's just so hard to imagine Jericho going over Goldberg in any sort of setting based on the overall way Goldberg was booked in WCW and WWE. Jericho's half dead from the first 5 minutes of the match and he's lucky to last another in this match. At the most, I can see Jericho coming close to getting to the top of the ladder once before Goldberg, on a ladder beside him, pulls him off with a modified Jackhammer, climbs up and wins while Jericho's damn near lifeless.

Who won the backstage fight?
So if we're taking backstage fights into consideration, Sincara should be in the top 4 every year.

I'm still leaning towards Goldberg here. Jericho ain't Brock Lesnar who will win despite eating 4 spears and 1 jackhammer. The beating Jericho is going to suffer in the first match i.e street fight is going to affect him for the next two matches. If he indeed gets lucky enough to win the ladder match, then I don't see luck favoring him again in the cage match. Someone who has had just one clean loss in his whole career shouldn't lose to someone who was defeated by Fandango of all people at Wrestlemania.

Taking lessons from Bret Hart, Jericho would wear a metal sheet. Goldberg has a tendency to spear as soon as he can meaning he would not have time to figure out that Jericho has the metal sheet.

With Goldberg still out, Jericho would quickly climb the ladder and win.

Taking lessons from Bret Hart, Jericho would wear a metal sheet. Goldberg has a tendency to spear as soon as he can meaning he would not have time to figure out that Jericho has the metal sheet.

With Goldberg still out, Jericho would quickly climb the ladder and win.
Wow. Jericho can take lessons from Bret Hart while he wasn't even involved in that segment. But Goldberg who was involved can't take lesson from it? What a logical thinking.

Jericho has faced Goldberg before and lost the match. Heck, no one has beat Goldberg clean except once by Brock Lesnar and Jericho ain't anywhere near Brock Lesnar. But we should probably fantasize when we don't like reality.

One thing to keep in mind here...

is that this is the exact type of match to book Goldberg to lose in without hurting him.

With all the gimmicks involved, you can overbook the shit out of it (a Triple H special if you will) to keep his loss from being damaging. He can lose 2 falls without ever getting pinned. He can score a dominant pinfall in the street fight that keeps him over regardless of whatever happens next. And you can create a whole bunch of new business by having Jericho score the incredibly cheap, dirty or controversial victory in the end. Plus as the added bonus, Jericho's the exact type of cerebral wrestler that it believable scoring an incredibly cheap, dirty or controversial win here.

Put these two men in this exact match, and you never have Goldberg win it. That is, unless you hate money.

Jericho is one of the smartest wrestlers ever.

The Street Fight favours Goldberg since he's an animal. However Jericho could use the weapons to tackle Goldberg. I'd say Goldberg wins the first fall.

The ladder match is Y2J's playground. He has beaten countless wrestlers in Ladder matches and has competed in many others. Jericho picks up the win here.

The third fall is tricky. Goldberg goes in exhausted. It all comes down to Jericho's speed and agility vs Goldberg's speed of spear in an area with no escape. Jericho has defeated Batista inside a steel cage, but has also lost to Edge.

Chances are with Chris here. One mistake from Goldberg, and Chris escapes the cage. Go Y2J!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back