Hogan Region, Omaha Subregion, Second Round: (8) Goldberg vs. (9) Eddie Guerrero

Who Wins This Match?

• Goldberg

• Eddie Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Hogan Region, Omaha Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska.

clinkpts.jpg

Goldberg-Champ2.png

#8. Goldberg

Vs.

91da8cf1f0eddie-guerrero.jpg

#9. Eddie Guerrero

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I like Eddie Guerrero and always have. He was a total package. Great in the ring, on the mic, and the fans loved him. He accomplished a lot too. Especially given his size. I mean, he was a cruiserweight competitor for most of his career, but he was able to defeat Brock Lesnar for his first and only WWE Championship. Granted, he wouldn't have done that without Goldberg's help, but the fact is that he still did it.

Look, I'm trying to build Eddie up but I could say a million and one nice things about him and it's not going to change the fact that, yet again, Goldberg is going to win. We don't need to go through accomplishments, drawing ability, etc etc to determine that point. I don't think that it would be as simple as Spear then Jackhammer though. Eddie would make a match of it.

It goes 5-10 minutes; Eddie actually gets in some offense, but this match will end with Goldberg being victorious.

Vote Goldberg

I like Eddie Guerrero and always have. He was a total package. Great in the ring, on the mic, and the fans loved him. He accomplished a lot too. Especially given his size. I mean, he was a cruiserweight competitor for most of his career, but he was able to defeat Brock Lesnar for his first and only WWE Championship. Granted, he wouldn't have done that without Goldberg's help, but the fact is that he still did it.

Look, I'm trying to build Eddie up but I could say a million and one nice things about him and it's not going to change the fact that, yet again, Goldberg is going to win. We don't need to go through accomplishments, drawing ability, etc etc to determine that point. I don't think that it would be as simple as Spear then Jackhammer though. Eddie would make a match of it.

It goes 5-10 minutes; Eddie actually gets in some offense, but this match will end with Goldberg being victorious.

Vote Goldberg

I disagree, one taser shot from chavo and Eddie advances... He lied cheated and stole...

He'd steal this win too.

I'm sure there are years where Eddie lost more matches than Goldberg has period.

Vote Goldberg. This isn't even a contest.

They're fighting in an arena that's owned by a god awful company like Centurylink, so chances are they'll be leaving with a disease.

I want Eddie to win, but it's just not in the cards. Eddie is the type of inspirational story that wouldn't knock-off an opponent of Goldberg's caliber this early. The only way I'd give him an edge is if this was the final for the category or something like that, just being a generic second round match in a piss poor excuse for an arena tells me that Eddie will just put on a great effort.

Goldberg lets the match run a really long time (two minutes) and in the end he shakes Eddie's hand and they all evacuate that shit stained arena as quickly as possible before it collapses around them.

Vote Goldberg.

Goldberg was a flash in the pan. Perhaps one of the biggest ever, other than the Ultimate Warrior. But that flash burned brighter than most wrestlers careers. And Eddie was one of those wrestlers. Eddie was a workhorse, and a damn fine entertainer. There's no telling how big of a star he could have become if he had lived. As his career stands I just can't compare him to Goldberg. Goldberg was on top of the world in 1998 and still found success in 2004, and now again in 2017.

Sorry Latino Heat. Gotta vote Goldberg.

Eddie would do everything in the build up to show he could give him a match.

But this aint like the Brock match at No Way out, sure if it wasnt for Goldberg, Brock would of retained. Goldberg will destroy Eddie here.

4-5mins, spear jackhammer.... As much as i hate it, Vote Goldberg

Goldberg loses his matches because his opponent fought dirty. NWO got the drop on him several times through being underhanded. Eddie was a pro at fighting dirty and being adored for it. It's not a question on who was more popular. If that were the case, Hogan should win this every year. I see this as who would beat who in a match. Goldberg wins until he's fucked over. Hogan beat him this way. Triple H did, too. Eddie is a cheater. He shouldn't win this in a fair fight, but wrestling isn't about being fair. It's about telling a story. Goldberg's story has always been about running through everyone until he faces a cheater. Eddie should win this.

Vote Eddie.

I love both wrestlers. I'd want Eddie to lie, cheat and steal a victory away from the fire breathing dragon Goldberg....but I can't give him my vote of confidence. It's not a squash though. With the ref down, Eddie cracks Goldberg over the head with a chair, turns around and does his signature shuffle with his arms out....Spear, Jackhammer, pin.

I vote Goldberg.

Goldberg was a beast...unless you can fight dirty. That was Goldberg's Achilles heel. Enter Eddie Guerrero. Latino Heat could fight dirty and drive Goldberg bats. He will have Goldberg off his game. Sure, Goldberg had a nice career. Guerrero had a great career that was more accomplished then Goldberg's. Latino Heat wins this. Why? Because he lies, he cheats, he steals....and Goldberg would not know what hit him.

This is not a match in Goldberg's favour. Eddie is way too smart to get caught with the quick finish, so he rolls out the ring and drags this out for as long as possible. Missed spear into the ringside steps for the countout victory around 15 minutes or the chairshot fakeout for the DQ win.

Much better wrestlers than Eddie Guerrero were 'smarter' than Goldberg, and ended up meeting the same end that everyone did. Guerrero carried Smackdown for a couple of months at a time when Bradshaw and Benoit were considered World Champion material. He only won the title in the first place because of Goldberg, who beat Lesnar a lot more decisively a few weeks later. Goldberg carried an entire promotion, that included Eddie Guerrero. Goldberg, easily.

Goldberg was the face of WCW for a short time, Eddie Guerrero was the backbone of WCW then went on to do the unimaginable in becoming a World Champion in the WWE defeating Brock Lesnar. While Goldberg has also done the unbelievable, coming in at 50 years old and winning one of the top prizes in the wrestling world, I think with both at their best, Eddie would find a way.

Goldberg defeated Kevin Owens in 22 freakin' seconds.

Eddie Gurrero is almost like Kevin Owens. Good in the ring. Good at mic. Good at cheating. Still, he couldn't pose even a significant threat to Goldberg.

Same goes for Eddie. How can Eddie cheat and win? Kevin Owens couldn't get any chance for cheating and Eddie won't get it either.

Kick, spear and Jackhammer.

Vote Goldberg.

HOLY SHIT EDDIE'S WINNING!

Okay, I've never done this before, but I'd like to change my vote. I didn't realize he has this much faith among a forum so chock full of traditionalists. I figured that this would be an easy win for Goldberg.

If I watched Eddie beat Goldberg, I'd lose my shit and become a lifetime mark unto whatever company had set up that encounter.

Goldberg is neat, but he's not inspirational. Seeing him get beaten by someone like Eddie would be fucking awesome.

Vote Eddie.

Goldberg has a weakness & that has been pointed out already. For all his might, he has a bad habit of not learning from his mistakes. You know who is great at capitalizing on the misfortune of others? Eddie. He will surely not stand toe to toe with Goldberg, but will use his dirty ways to frustrate Bill and ultimately cash in.

Unstoppable monsters do fall, especially the squeaky clean ones who fall for dirty tricks.

Goldberg sure is stupid, but Eddie's biggest carrer victories were against Lesnar (where he had help from Bill and also a DDT on a title belt), Angle (where he cheated) and... That's it really. Then Eddie lost to JBL, then Angle beat him and then lost 5 times straight to Rey Mysterio. And then he couldn't beat Batista, the nerfed version of Goldberg.

As much as I love Eddie.. Goldberg simply takes this. Vote Goldberg.

So you agree Goldberg is a dummy. Good. Then you should vote for Eddie considering Bill would fall for a dirty trick. Chavo at his side, he does his thing and takes the win. Your argument actually helps Eddie, not hurt him.

You know what, I can see Eddie winning this a couple of of ways, neither of which include a pin or submission. First of all, Eddie's not stupid enough to go right after Goldberg, after getting tossed around a bit, he'd learn that a one on one fight isn't going to cut it. He'd likely irritate Goldberg to no end, repeatedly getting out of the ring, picking his shots, slapping him in the face, etc. Goldberg would go all rage monkey attempting to get his hands on Guerrero and eat a ring post or the steps. Eddie'd get tossed around a bit again and than pull some dirty chair tricks. Toss one to Goldberg and when the ref's taking it away, smash Goldberg's chrome dome with a second one. At this point, ole Bill's so angry he stupidly runs at Eddie attempting a spear and goes through the barricade. Count out, Eddie wins.

Second scenario, fake chair DQ spot.

Well that was fun, unfortunately, Goldberg's never lost by CO and nobody would be stupid enough to book that second scenario in a match like this. Eddie's offense would have almost no effect on the no-selling jackweed known as Goldberg and as soon as Goldberg gets his hands on Eddie, it's basically written in the stars. Spear. Jackhammer. 1-2-3. Eddie ring prowess would allow him to put up a better fight than most but he can't run forever. He'd still have to find a way to either punish Goldberg enough to keep him down for a 10 count or get enough offense in to pin him, neither of which seems likely. I love Eddie as much as the next guy, but Goldberg wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back