• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heyman's Five-Year Plan

Perception is a hell of a thing. Everything that people say about Heyman and smackdown is equally applicable to Russo during the most profitable era ever on Raw. Funny how there is a slightly different perception of those two things. Heyman comes out and basically says he is not joining TNA if they do not make it worth his while financially. Which to me is an admission that he would be doing it for the money in many regards. Now isn't the whole knock on Hogan and Bischoff that everyone says they are just there to take Dixie's money and they never said anything half this indicting.

I am not trying to bash Heyman. I actually think highly of his contributions to prowrestling over the years. However, I do feel like my present perception is, fair or not, that he is turning his back on the industry to ride Lesnar's coattails. I do not necessarily blame him for that but I hardly find it admirable.

Shattered Dreams, you say TNA strategy should be put on the best week to week? Thats the problem. They go week to week not knowing what they are going to do next. Thats why storylines have such huge holes and make no sense.

Yeah, they had no idea they were doing that whole "they" story until the week before BFG. Crack kills brotha.

Unfortunately a problem surrounding TNA is the percieved need for "One Person" to save/turnaround the company. I think Heyman couldn't have done it all by himself. Hey could be a great idea man, with a bigger picture in mind. But he would've need a check/balance with someone, either for expenses or vision.

He had great success with ECW, say what you will, but there wouldn't be an Additude Era without it. He also had a great run writing Smackdown. He focused on the actual wrestling aspect instead of the entertainment. And made SD at times the better show.

I think that would've been in his plan for TNA, lose the older guys who only have their name to trade on. Promote the athletes and younger talent, build on them. Don't push them for a 8 months to dump'em for whoever WWE releases in spring. Get your fanbase to embrace these guys. Pull a "John Cena" = force your plan down their throats until your dollars/ratings/ppv buys justifies you. If you fail, where are you any different from now.

At this stage of the game TNA has started/stopped too many times since 2004(ish). They need to stick with any plan for 3-5 years.

Hell if Heyman had a detailed plan to get to January, I'd probably listen.

TNA is the epitome of "rasslin", cheesy storylines, terrible acting, dumb gimmicks, and poor booking. It's no wonder a lot of people wouldn't openly be a fan of it. Regardless of if it's Heyman or someone else, if anyone could make some changes and do something interesting with professional wrestling in general, I'd be all for it. It might fail, but sometimes you have to take a chance.

Do you mean WWE? All of those characteristics fit WWE more than TNA. lol. Well, WWE really doesn't have storylines. The acting is... ATROCIOUS. It's embarassing. Dumb Gimmicks? WWE is nothing but dumb gimmicks.

So Heyman says that he would need basically 3-5 years to "improve" tna? Why not 3 months or 1 year? The reason I ask is because many people seem to complain about Bischoff/Hogan in TNA and they have been only in tna for 10 months. Maybe we should wait 3-5 years and then judge Bischoff/Hogan influence on TNA.

Exactly.

Also, some people say that he would direct TNA toward MMA? This is stupid, I don't want MMA. If I wanted to watch MMA I would watch it. I like wresting and I don't want to see any wrestling-MMA fusion.

First off, Doesn't Spike air UFC? Why would it be smart directing TNA to an MMA style when there is already a company doing that? Your risking losing the TNA wrestling viewers and trying to attract MMA viewers who could quickly ignore your product for UFC.

So, It's basically suicide for the entire company.

I think Heyman's strategy is the same one Hogan and Bischoff are using at the moment. There is no way TNA is going to grow to a bigger level overnight. It takes time and development. Anyone who believed things would change overnight is foolish.

TNA is slowly growing into a great wrestling company and real competition to WWE. They make some mistakes and at times lack direction but that's to be expected giving the nature of the product and the nature of the fans. They try new things, some work some don't but they are learning what they need to do to make a quality wrestling show.

I don't think what TNA is currently doing is all that different from what Heyman had planned. They have credible and well known competitors Hardy, RVD, Mickie, Foley, Hogan. And they are building their own talent off of them.

Again Heyman coming in wouldn't have changed much and if he came in, I don't think the product would stray to far away from what it currently is and is becoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back