• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ever wonder who's idea it was to bring in ECW?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Here is your answer
http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/283587507.shtml

-- Jeff Wilen of The Daytona Beach News-Journal interviewed Eric Bischoff in his latest JAWBreaker column. Among the topics discussed include the latest going-ons in TNA Wrestling, the big names working together, the tag-team division, Bound for Glory in Daytona Beach, Tommy Dreamer playing a bigger role in the organization, Linda McMahon running for a Senate seat, Paul Heyman and Rob Van Dam. Bischoff claimed during the interview that he pitched the EV2 storyline back in February and suggested that Dixie Carter reach out to Paul Heyman. "The whole EV2 story line was something I pitched in February of this year," said Bischoff. "It wasn't a Tommy Dreamer idea. Tommy's a great guy and has great experience. I called Paul and suggested to Dixie (Carter) and Vince Russo that we should reach out to Paul and see if he was interested in coming in. I don't think it will happen with Paul. He is looking for something different. I don't think Dreamer will be involved in creative. We have a solid team, with great chemistry. We've had great success the last couple weeks and months." When asked if he and Hulk Hogan plan on sticking around for a while, Bischoff replied, "We have a couple of years left on our contracts." To read the interview, go to http://www.go386.com/jawbreaker/

Seems like with the way this angle is going they had a game plan for a few months to get this going.. seems like good TV ;)

Just my honest opinion, I think they got desperate and did this angle to try to bring in the ECW fans. Let's see the sales and see where TNA will stand at then.

Ok good for Bischoff it was his idea. What does he want a parade? I thought this whole Ev2.0 thing was just a reunion for one night but it seems as if Tna is planning to stick with it for a while which is a bad thing. But why is Bischoff coming out saying it was his idea because of the attention Ev2.0 is getting? Im pretty sure if no one gave a fuck about Ev2.0 Bischoff wouldn't have came out and said shit. Oh you guys should check out this link about Dreamer on the creative team.

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/tna-news/tommy-dreamer-as-tna’s-head-writer-rosie-lottalove-news.html

I think the idea was more of... Hopefully this gets Paul Heyman here!

It was a decent thing, but it's not really anything great. ECW is gone, and I don't think it was a brilliant move to bring in another company's product and hope to sell out seats.

Not also that, but if it was in the making for 6 months, then, it should of been a hell of a show. It should of been marketed for months then, maybe even more. Why in the blue hell, would we only get 3 weeks of promoting the show. Hell, it took the impact before to announce the main event.

So, no, it's not really good to admit to be bringing in this idea to TNA.

Everybody needs to stop hating! sure it has been done before by wwe but it was done in the "wwe" way not a real ecw way! tna, actually let it happen as it should and it was fucking awesome! the ppv was dope! if the ecw guys still got it, let them do their thing and stop hating because paul heyman ain't involved, you hate bischoff and hogan, you're a wwe mark or you just hate good wrestling! for all who shit on this idea, did you watch the ppv? I fucking loved it! tna gets hated on because it ain't like their favorite promotion wwe, but ain't that the point? sure I know wwe did it before and smashed on it til it went away by wwe running it but tna and dreamer said fuck that, let's give them one more incredible show to remember! Let's go out on a high note! What the fuck is wrong with that, they want their legacy to mean more than a "tuesday night joke". seriously, wwe has enough fucking money, let the ECW originals have the moment they deserve, it ain't hurting you! I don't care who's idea it was but it was dope and it will be a ppv that I will watch years from now and be glad it happened!!!

Everybody needs to stop hating! sure it has been done before by wwe but it was done in the "wwe" way not a real ecw way! tna, actually let it happen as it should and it was fucking awesome! the ppv was dope! if the ecw guys still got it, let them do their thing and stop hating because paul heyman ain't involved, you hate bischoff and hogan, you're a wwe mark or you just hate good wrestling! for all who shit on this idea, did you watch the ppv? I fucking loved it! tna gets hated on because it ain't like their favorite promotion wwe, but ain't that the point? sure I know wwe did it before and smashed on it til it went away by wwe running it but tna and dreamer said fuck that, let's give them one more incredible show to remember! Let's go out on a high note! What the fuck is wrong with that, they want their legacy to mean more than a "tuesday night joke". seriously, wwe has enough fucking money, let the ECW originals have the moment they deserve, it ain't hurting you! I don't care who's idea it was but it was dope and it will be a ppv that I will watch years from now and be glad it happened!!!

Didn't the ECW Originals have their time with WWE as well? As far as I know ECW was great while Big Show was champion because it was always a great show. When Lashley won the title, that's when it was never the same and turned into a shitty product.

The fact of the matter is that TNA will do the same thing that WWE did! I hate it that they think they are trying to be better than WWE and yet here they are making the same obvious mistakes.

What TNA is doing with EV2.0 is not what WWE did with ECW. WWE created a show after their reunion as TNA is only signing former ECW guys.

TNA isnt shitting on the ECW legacy by signing former ECW superstars as TNA superstars.

And yes, the ECW thing to me was a good idea. The PPV was awesome because they did everything the WWE didnt do with their reunion.

Thats all I have to say.

ok heres the deal, yes i am a wwe fan, but i am a wrestling fan even more. yes wwecw sucked. the only good thing they had going was the originals vs new breed and cm punk as champ. this ev2 ppv sucked from what ive read. alot of people have trashedthe one night stand ppv wwe put on. i watched both of them and must say the first one was great with some great matches, especially rey mysterio vs sabu. let sleeping dogs lie and let ecw rest in peace. if the originals still got it, let them sign with tna, but dont do it under the ecw name. easy e just admitted to making a bold mistake by rehashing ecw.

It was mostly done so they could get Paul Heyman..but unfortunately for TNA he wasn't interested!

and so what if EB pitched the idea in February...I don't think it really matters...it was certainly a good move seen as the tv ratings have risen...I think they have taken some old ECW fans...but it won't be much of a threat...they can't stick around for long and as soon as the EV 2.0 are done with TNA...the fans will stop watching TNA...Unless of course something else catches their eyes..

I'm really losing all respect for TNA. Dixie Carter continually promises things that aren't true, and now TNA hypes a PPV and promises it's the final showing of ECW, paying homage to it ONE LAST TIME, only for them to continue with the damn angle? What a bunch of bullshit. It's funny that the idea came from someone who never had any respect for ECW to begin with and thought ECW was garbage. God I hate TNA and what they've become.

I'm really losing all respect for TNA. Dixie Carter continually promises things that aren't true, and now TNA hypes a PPV and promises it's the final showing of ECW, paying homage to it ONE LAST TIME, only for them to continue with the damn angle? What a bunch of bullshit. It's funny that the idea came from someone who never had any respect for ECW to begin with and thought ECW was garbage. God I hate TNA and what they've become.
Technically those she hasn't lied. Any angle involving ECW will include TNA. Hardcore Justice was apparently a night where "ECW" did "ECW" which is different in a sense that that was a private thing.

He might not of had respect but its not like WCW is all E Z E ever worked for. And plus he was the Raw GM and crowned Trips the first World Heavyweight champion. Its not his first turn around or his most rediculous.

I just thought he whole thing was stupid because no one had the right to uter the words EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING, and the fact that it holds no relavence to TNA. I'mnot even hating on TNA I am hating on this A.D.D. fueled randomness. Its just getting irrational thats all.

For a one night only performance, WWE didn't take legal action against TNA for using a concept that they own the rights to, but if TNA decides to continue it, I wonder what might happen.

True, TNA isn't calling the segment "ECW" but I would think an attorney could make mincemeat of TNA for trying this at all. If WWE lawyers played a tape in court of the old ECW (that they own) next to a tape of TNA's version, would a judge not see that the characters and concept are exactly the same?

It's possible WWE didn't legally stop TNA from doing this last show because they didn't want to prevent the old ECW guys from getting a payday and re-live some past glory. But, business being business, let's see what happens if TNA tries it again.

To put it another way, if a fast food restaurant markets a "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" but doesn't call it a Big Mac, would McDonald's not sue them for infringement?

Technically those she hasn't lied. Any angle involving ECW will include TNA. Hardcore Justice was apparently a night where "ECW" did "ECW" which is different in a sense that that was a private thing.

To me, every segment and every promotional tool that led upto Hardcore Justice, they outright claimed that this was a final ONE NIGHT STAND for ECW. That they wanted one more night to let ECW end the way they believe it should've and not the way WWE allowed it to. They whined and they cried in the ring claiming how it was all going to be a one night homage for ECW fans. If they turn around and continue this angle longer, continue the EV2.0 that was entirely done for the PPV, then I feel that's a slap in the face to every ECW fan and to everyone who paid for that PPV as one final hurray! It's them convincing people of one thing and then turning around and doing something else and I'll have lost all respect for all those people that were involved because that's bullshit to me. They're the biggest of hypocrits.

It's also a huge slap in the face to Paul Heyman. Paul Heyman was involved with the WWE one at least, the fact he wanted nothing to do with this TNA one or the angle proves he's not a fan of it and isn't backing it. For them to portray ECW (and sure it's a different name but come on!), and for the guys who worked for Heyman and paid homage to him at Hardcore Justice, to turn around and continue this angle longer to me is just disrespectful. If this continues it's going to turn into a far bigger stain on the legacy of ECW then what WWE ever did. WWE gave them ppvs to pay homage to their history and their legacy, they put out dvds that were done well and respectfully, and the ECW brand is something entirely different.

I find this whole thing TNA's doing to just lack integrity on so many levels.

He might not of had respect but its not like WCW is all E Z E ever worked for. And plus he was the Raw GM and crowned Trips the first World Heavyweight champion. Its not his first turn around or his most rediculous.

It's even more disrespect to Paul Heyman (and in turn ECW's history) for TNA and those involved to be doing this angle with Bischoff's input and Bischoff's influence and NOT Heyman's, when Heyman hated everything about Bischoff and still hates the fact Bischoff has never given ECW credit and ECW was very much born as anti-WCW.

I just thought he whole thing was stupid because no one had the right to uter the words EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING, and the fact that it holds no relavence to TNA. I'mnot even hating on TNA I am hating on this A.D.D. fueled randomness. Its just getting irrational thats all.

It's incredibly stupid, I agree. I also find it ridiculous that ECW originals whined and cried about what WWE did, and then it seems like they're about to do much the same and try to make money and keep their careers going at the expense of ECW's name. Talk about ****ing ECW out and raping all of it's meaning, that's exactly what they're doing. I really do hope Vince McMahon sues TNA because of this.

i agree with cuddle it should have been in the story lines for a few months before it hit the ppv the way it did i really dont care whos idea it was either way dixie carter knows nothing about the industry and ev2.0 proved it watch i bet if i took a crap right now and went to dixie and i told her this piece of shit is the best wrestler in the world and you can get a million dollars a match its in watch 2 minutes later my turd is named tna world champion and its on the same stage as hulk hogan reason why dixie is a mark who is gonna be the reason tna is gonna fold the way its going. get rid of her and bring in someone who can help tna not just throw shit on a wall aka ev2.0 and hope it sticks

Your not actually saying that Hardcore Justice was BETTER then the original One Night Stand? Seriously? That was WWE letting how it should be, Paul Heyman booked it and had complete control. Sure WWE completely changed what ECW stood for AFTER that, but the original One Night Stand was fantastic and way, WAY better then the garbage that was hardcore justice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back