• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Have You Seen This Monster?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
abyss.jpg

As pointed on Impact, Abyss hasn't been seen since his Monster's Ball match with Bully Ray at Genesis. As pointed, Ray did attack him, but lost sight of him afterwards. His family (which I thought he killed or hated) sent a letter asking for him. It seems they are setting up for his return. But what will his return be about? He already beat Bully Ray in a Monster Ball match so there is no real reason for him to go after Ray just because of a small backstage brawl. It puts both Ray and Abyss on square one again. Maybe he'll be joining Sting in his efforts against Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and other guys that dislike his ruling on TNA instead. With Lockdown coming by and zero stables around, I guess it would be ideal to have Abyss to fill the face ranks. Speculate here on Abyss' possible return I guess.

On a side-note for the uninformed, he was written off so he could work at Ring Ka King.

Yes, in reality he was written off so he could work with Ring Ka King, but I actually like that TNA are playing off what most American viewers see by making note of his absence because what it tells me is that there's an opportunity here to do something with Abyss that TNA haven't been able to do since the Chris Parks/Sting angle years ago — reinvent the Monster.

I have no idea how they'll do it or just how much they can really alter such a type-casted character, but Abyss has been in dire need of re-packaging, however minor or major, for a while now, and they've got a great opportunity here to do just that.

i see him coming back soon he could join the face side of the lethal lockdown match we all know is coming personally id LOVE to see abyss return as a heel with james mitchell back at his side and be the unstoppable monster he was back in the day those were his best days hes a joke as a face and this would be cool to see...but thats just me.

That was the first time I'd seen any of the Monster's Ball match. It looked brutal and pretty well done... I'm not sure I liked it? Either way, as a semi casual TNA fan, I really enjoyed the rest of the segment though. It got me refocused on the show (so call me Mr mark) after the ODB match. She always distracts me for some reason...

I'm not great with TNA history but I'm aware of the Abyss character and although I don't know what they could have planned for him I'm going to be tuning in until I find out. I'd like to see him vs Bully because I missed out on the first feud, but that's my opinion I could see where the regulars would want something different. Great show, anyway, and thanks to those for the Ring Ka King snippet; I was one of the uninformed. Best regards, wrestling fans.

have abyss revive into a monster again get a new mask and call himself Bane.

Then have him choke slam AJ styles. Make AJ turn into a vegan and have the new abyss feud with AJ to embrace the chicken

TNA makes a lot of twitter references, but in this case (plus Ra Ka King) they have failed. Abyss is active on twitter, so maybe his family should send him a tweet.

Abyss should return as more of a monster, someone who doesn't really talk. which would play well with a manager.

when I saw the topic I wanted to share what I thought on Abyss, then noticed the girl in the bikini. totally lost track of my thoughts and was only thinking about her.
did a little search and found her name is Georgia Salpa. never heard of her before, she's hot.

Well last night they ran a recap of the abyss/bully feud which they wouldn't have done if Abyss wasn't going to make a return pretty soon.

Yes, in reality he was written off so he could work with Ring Ka King, but I actually like that TNA are playing off what most American viewers see by making note of his absence because what it tells me is that there's an opportunity here to do something with Abyss that TNA haven't been able to do since the Chris Parks/Sting angle years ago — reinvent the Monster.

I have no idea how they'll do it or just how much they can really alter such a type-casted character, but Abyss has been in dire need of re-packaging, however minor or major, for a while now, and they've got a great opportunity here to do just that.

I would bring him back as Sting's enforcer. Let's face it, Abyss's in-ring skills have deteriorated over the years and his marketability has nearly died from Abyssmania. Having him operate as Sting's backup and muscle in breaking up fights, backing Sting up against heels, etc... would allow him to rebuild his credentials as a respectable opponent while keeping him removed from in-ring competition except for brutal (not brutal brutal, think street-fights with a bit of blading) matches that establish the opposing heel as a serious fighter.

I thought he was injured or saomething, at any rate I was just glad he wasn't on the show. When he returns I hope he's a heel, I find him more tolerable that way, I don't want Roode or Ray to be fed to him. On a side note, who is the girl?

@ The eighties

She is a greek-irish model.

I'm not entirely excited for Abyss returning. I feel like he has had a good run with the company but I'm not sure he can bring anything to the table with the current group that's being pushed. It's interesting the way they mentioned his family almost humanizing the monster in the process. A year ago I was really ready for the mask to come off and he just have a go at being Chris Parks as a face but now that he's toothless I can't see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back