Has Vince Fulfilled the IWC?

ProudJericholic

Showing Off is what I do best
So last night at TLC, new champions were crowned and some were retained.

The big change that stood out to me was Daniel Bryan's win. I did not expect him to come out and be a "hypocrite." But, let's see what Vince has done in just one night to please the IWC.

Zack Ryder Wins- Finally Ryder has captured the U.S. title after months of begging for a shot and losing and winning. I think that when he won, that was the biggest pop of the night. Obviously now the IWC loves Ryder and have given him support throughout the year. Ryder has easily become one of the top babyfaces in the WWE within a year. Everyone was waiting for this moment and it finally came.

Plus, with Ziggler dropping the title, what does that mean for him? Personally, I think he has a chance at winning the rumble. But, he will now move onto bigger things and into the main event picture.

Air Boom- I don't think a lot of people were expecting a tag match on this card. But, this match was actually not that bad. I see that Air Boom has haters, but also there are people who like their high flying style and their charisma in the ring. Thinking that they would drop the titles because of Bourne, their win surprised me, but it satisfied me.

Bryan Wins- This was easily the best thing that happened at TLC. For years Danielson has been trying to reach this ultimate goal and finally he has done it. He has so many supporters from the IWC and the IWC loves him. Where is this reign going to go? Who knows. Hopefully, he holds the title til Mania.

CM Punk- Really, who doesn't like CM Punk? I've never really followed him in ROH or Bryan, but I know from reading this forum that a lot of people love him from his ROH days. Right now in the WWE having Punk and Bryan the top two champs have pleased the IWC, at least for right now. In my eyes, Bryan and Punk are like the IWC Gods. Punk put on another great match last night, as usual, and he should keep the title for a while.

Now, what are your thoughts about these four winning last night?

Are you happy with these changes?

I think you're giving the IWC way too much credit. Let's look at it and use some LOGIC...

Zack Ryder wins the US Title - Not only the IWC is behind Ryder. He routinely gets one of the biggest pops of the night and sells merchandise like crazy. THAT'S why he got his push.

Air Boom retains - Once again, Air Boom is one of the more popular duos in the WWE right now....that's why they won. I know the tag titles mean shit in this day and age but does anybody REALLY think Primo and Epico are ready to take them off of 2 superstars like Kofi and Bourne?

Daniel Bryan wins the WHC - Don't get me wrong...I marked out like a mother fucker and I was the first person to start a thread about this happening but it only happened last night because Mark Henry is legit injured. Not because Vince wants to appease the IWC.

CM Punk retains - If you think CM Punk retained because that's what the IWC wanted then you're an idiot. Punk retained because he's the hottest commodity in ANY wrestling promotion right now.

I think you're placing too much importance on the IWC. The only person who does anything in this business to appease the IWC is Vince Russo...and look at the shit hole he works in. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

I think its less about the IWC and more about the talent and CM Punk.

The talent is exceptionally good. I knew that Bryan was going to be champion one day. Ryder pushed himself into the spotlight using social media such as twitter and youtube and works his tail off. AirBoom, despite their setbacks as singles stars, have worked their asses off too and taken the beatings and waiting periods quietly, and just doing what they were told. I dont ever remember hearing anything from the dirt sheets about them being in the doghouse for anything like arguing or fighting with talent or being vocal about their position.

CM Punk has done all of this...and none of these. He has been vocal, he has gotten in arguments (see Tony Atlas), but he also works his ass off. He is tired of what he has been seeing in the WWE. The constant reliance on veterans, releasing stars without much of an opportunity, the constant passing of the title, and lack of divisions. Im sure in his contract meeting he told McMahon how these things will help bring the company back up (not that McMahon needs to listen to him).

With Airboom, I think the tag division is going to see a revival pretty soon. Seth Rollins is rumored to be coming up, they have the KOW nearly signed, and they have Primo and Epico along with the Usos.

Bryan and Punk holding the titles is showing, in my opinion, that the era of heavyweight champions is coming to a close. Despite what Batista said in his rant (speed can beat strength), I think having smaller guys as champions is good. The mold is broken. Look at who is next in line for a title soon...Ziggler, Rhodes, guys that aren't built like body builders.

WWE is on the right path. Its not so much about making the IWC happy, McMahon couldn't care less. He's going to do what he wants. He has guys in his ear that DONT hold talent back. Cena has been preaching forever about Ryder. Triple H knows who is ready and who needs work.

Sorry, but I am thinking there is a bigger story coming... Cena off a PPV... tweeting about a rough 30 days... who says its in the past... I smell a Wellness Violation and WWE managing it the best way they can, put the belts on the Vegan and Straight Edge guy...

Sorry, but I am thinking there is a bigger story coming... Cena off a PPV... tweeting about a rough 30 days... who says its in the past... I smell a Wellness Violation and WWE managing it the best way they can, put the belts on the Vegan and Straight Edge guy...

Riiiiiight. Cena is a company man, there is no way he would have a wellness violation. If there was one we would've known by now, especially if it already would've happened. WWE pushes that shit no matter who you are. They announce it for everyone to know. Him being off the PPV is part of WWE's change to his character.

He'll fulfill it when he starts putting Curt Hawkins on the main shows on a weekly basis. The guy is talented but doesn't let it go to his head. He knows the history of WWE really well. In the Top 50 OMG moments home video he had great insights on the stuff he talked about. People are always asking Mattel and THQ if Curt will be in games or when there will be action figures of him and there are some signs for him on Raw so obviously he has a fan base and there's demand for more things involving him.

As for Zack Ryder I just think it was time for WWE to pull the trigger on him winning the US Championship. He's been very creative on getting notice and he busts his ass to put on pretty good matches. The guy is making the WWE a lot of money right now with his t-shirts, headbands, foam fingers, etc. and I'm pretty sure Vince wants his little money maker to continue this momentum. He's gone from the IWC's favorite son to a mainstream Superstar and that says a lot.

Air Boom is the most over tag team right now and therefore should hold on to the titles until a worthy enough team comes along to take them.

Daniel Bryan's win may have more to do with Mark Henry's injury than the IWC liking him. I think with guys like Cena, Jericho, and Punk vouching for him Vince has decided to invest in him. I'm sure Vince also notice the fans dig him because after he was fired the crowds continued to chant his name until he was brought back into the fold. I'm certain the plan was for him to eventually become champion, but things just happen to come up unexpectedly and on last minute.

CM Punk is just like the others, they're over so therefore they pick up the victories, plain and simple.

You can say the IWC has had an influence, but overall no. It's about who's in the crowd, not who's on the internet.

Riiiiiight. Cena is a company man, there is no way he would have a wellness violation. If there was one we would've known by now, especially if it already would've happened. WWE pushes that shit no matter who you are. They announce it for everyone to know. Him being off the PPV is part of WWE's change to his character.

Wow that was ignorant... The WWE would announce that Cena has violated the Wellness policy... Yea sorry no they wouldnt. Especially not Cena. I dont think the WWE would suspend Cena for violating the policy. Theyd keep it under wraps and fine him. Other than that there is no chance in hell theyd put it out in the news that Cena was doing drugs or something. Hell even if Cena was high on coke they still keep it under wraps. Punishment yes but they wouldnt 'push that shit' at all. Public Relations (PR)... Get your head around that.

As for IWC... Well to tell u the truth Ryders win was the highlight of the night for me. Just before our very eyes a youtube hero rose to the top of the midcards. And not only that but he and Ziggler have brought back meaning to the US title. Same for Cody Rhodes and the IC title. The pop was incredible and kudos on giving him a clean win.

Bryans win (hell it wasnt even a win) did nothing for me. Id rather see Bryan vs Big Show at Wrestlemania than see him cash in on a guy who just won the title let alone a face. OK so they maybe they want to make big show a heel but this wasnt the way to do it. I was disappointed. I wanted a five star match ending with Bryan winning the gold.

Punks win. No surprises there. Guys been on a roll lately but although I truly believe he is the best in the WWE right now I still think the man is slightly over rated. Promos are good but not great. Somethings he says are quite cheesy actually. In ring skills are also amazing but if u keep watching the impressive stuff over and over u start to get sort of used to it... But I hope he keeps the belt for the long haul and i mean till after wrestlemania. As long as they dont put it on miz or ADR i have no problem. Id rather see R Truth champion than Miz.

Air Boom. Dont care in the slightest. Tag Team division is still less of a joke than it was a few months back but I agree with what the headbangers said. Air-Boom are not a genuine tag team. A tag team like headbangers were. Headbangers never reached the fame single or tag team that Air Boom did but u could never really see them apart. You couldnt picture them as singles competitors. Air Boom is just two guys with there names Hollywooded together like Show Miz or JeriShow or Rated RKO or something like that. They will never reach the height teams like New Age Outlaws, Legion of Doom, Too cool, Edge and Christian, Hardy Boyz, Dudleyz...

I dont think vince is trying to appease the IWC because that would frankly be HORRIBLE for business. IWC hates the Rock (Im not one of them) but what are the results. Massive buyrates that sure as hell wouldnt have been there with Cena vs Miz. Arena sold out in minutes. Wouldnt have happened for Punk vs ADR. This is the way a business works, not by reading comments on forums.

So last night at TLC, new champions were crowned and some were retained.

The big change that stood out to me was Daniel Bryan's win. I did not expect him to come out and be a "hypocrite." But, let's see what Vince has done in just one night to please the IWC.

Zack Ryder Wins- Finally Ryder has captured the U.S. title after months of begging for a shot and losing and winning. I think that when he won, that was the biggest pop of the night. Obviously now the IWC loves Ryder and have given him support throughout the year. Ryder has easily become one of the top babyfaces in the WWE within a year. Everyone was waiting for this moment and it finally came.

Plus, with Ziggler dropping the title, what does that mean for him? Personally, I think he has a chance at winning the rumble. But, he will now move onto bigger things and into the main event picture.

Air Boom- I don't think a lot of people were expecting a tag match on this card. But, this match was actually not that bad. I see that Air Boom has haters, but also there are people who like their high flying style and their charisma in the ring. Thinking that they would drop the titles because of Bourne, their win surprised me, but it satisfied me.

Bryan Wins- This was easily the best thing that happened at TLC. For years Danielson has been trying to reach this ultimate goal and finally he has done it. He has so many supporters from the IWC and the IWC loves him. Where is this reign going to go? Who knows. Hopefully, he holds the title til Mania.

CM Punk- Really, who doesn't like CM Punk? I've never really followed him in ROH or Bryan, but I know from reading this forum that a lot of people love him from his ROH days. Right now in the WWE having Punk and Bryan the top two champs have pleased the IWC, at least for right now. In my eyes, Bryan and Punk are like the IWC Gods. Punk put on another great match last night, as usual, and he should keep the title for a while.

Now, what are your thoughts about these four winning last night?

Are you happy with these changes?

I am happy with these changes but I really doubt its because of Vince listening to the IWC.

A lot of the kids i saw in some shows actually like CM Punk. Plus he's had good matches and he certainly made an impact at Money in the Bank. If there is any reason the raw ratings aren't below 2.0 right now i believe its punk.

As for Daniel Bryan, like reports have mentioned, it was because of Henry's legitimate injury. Not to mention wwe creative and vince might be seeing something in a feud between big show and daniel bryan. After all it isn't all about money in the bank its also about show having one of the shortest reigns as a WHC

Air Boom : In no way would Epico and Primo beating them make much sense. They haven't been established as a considerable threat for the championship.
Although if things go the wrong way we could see Dolph and Swagger feuding with Air Boom(Dolph and swagger should work better singles feuds with other superstars)

and finally........
Ryder: How many times will he lose against dolph in a titles match?? It just doesn't make sense having one of the hottest superstars losing everytime a title is on the line. No one not even Vince would want him to become another JoMo. It only makes sense that he wins it and defends it against someone like r-truth or alex riley or even Brodus clay

Vince catering to the IWC??? hell no (although if he books barrett v taker at WM28 i'll be really happy ;) )

Wow that was ignorant... The WWE would announce that Cena has violated the Wellness policy... Yea sorry no they wouldnt. Especially not Cena. I dont think the WWE would suspend Cena for violating the policy. Theyd keep it under wraps and fine him. Other than that there is no chance in hell theyd put it out in the news that Cena was doing drugs or something. Hell even if Cena was high on coke they still keep it under wraps. Punishment yes but they wouldnt 'push that shit' at all. Public Relations (PR)... Get your head around that.

If WWE doesn't announce it, they look even worse for not doing it if it ever came out. There is good PR and bad PR. Good PR would be announcing that Cena had a violation and showing that not even their top guy is safe. Bad PR wopuld be NOT ANNOUNCING IT and then the media finding out and blasting WWE for protecting their top guy.

IF Cena is suspended (which I HIGHLY DOUBT), then he may be suspended and fined, but not taken off TV. He may not be getting paid for appearances. It may be why he is getting buried every night on TV.

Seriously, if you dont think that news wouldn't have come out already then you are the ignorant one. How many times have the dirt sheets reported on something months ahead of time? The report is out there already about who 1/2/12 is! Its called spies...anonymous insiders that get probably get paid to report this stuff. Its the same type of person that reports where a Hollywood star is to the paparazzi.

Get YOUR head around that!

I understand why there is a lot of hype behind Daniel Bryan winning the World Title and Zack Ryder winning the United States Title, but let’s take a look at all of the Champions of the WWE.

Divas Champion – Beth Phoenix
WWE Tag Team Champions – Air Boom
United States Champion – Daniel Bryan
Intercontinental Champion – Cody Rhodes
World Champion – Daniel Bryan
WWE Champion – CM Punk

Take a good long look at the names above. That list right there looks like some IWC SMark’s WWE Universe in WWE 12. If Kelly Kelly, Primo and Epico, and Booker T. won their respective matches, would the IWC still be as happy as they are right now?? I think Vince realizes that no one is really going to buy the PPV and the only people who were going to watch TLC was the 10%ers, so why not give them what they want?? Hey, it works for me.

Agreed.

The past few weeks have seen a few thinigs I wouldn't have expected WWE to do.

I'll take enjoyable televsion where and when I can get it.

Vince will NEVER be able to fully please the IWC. Ever. Take a look at this picture. These are your current WWE Champions:

38173523423324843431430.jpg

These are all individuals who the IWC has begged to be pushed in their respective divisions. They now stand strong as your current WWE Champions. There is one little problem though. The IWC are in fact not fulfilled. They never will be because no matter how much they are given, they always find something else to complain about. Always.

They got Daniel Bryan and CM Punk for their World Heavyweight and WWE Champions. Kane got remasked. A girl who can actually wrestle is the Divas Champion. The midcard titles are being used to elevate future main eventers. The brand extension has somewhat ended. Christian got a world title push. The Rock came back to feud with John Cena.

That's not good enough though. They are still whining about how Cena needs to turn heel or how the world titles need to be unified. Seriously, they will NEVER be fully satisfied. I'm glad that WWE is listening more intently to them because they are more vocal about what they want than other fans, but Vince should realize that they will without fail always find something else to complain about. It's just how most IWC fans are. I for one am very happy with the recent direction WWE has had including having the four victories from last night. Unlike the majority of the IWC I am sitting back enjoying the show instead of looking for other things to whine about.

It would be downright silly to assume that Vince has done all this to please the IWC. Vince has done what he feels is the best for the company. Once upon a time, maybe you could say that only the IWC were the fans of guys like Ryder, Punk and Bryan. But that is no longer the case today. After his feud with Cena, Punk has become the man that every Cena hater cheers for regardless of whether he is a part of the IWC. His feud with ADR and Miz has also helped him get a few kids to cheer for him.

Bryan started connecting with the mainstream audience the moment Michael Cole started hating on him. Zack Ryder's internet show got popular beyond anyone's expectations and it reached a level where the crowd were practically demanding to see him. The IWC favourites have fulfilled their own promise and the faith that their hardcore fans had in them. Vince just profited from them.

I guess the only thing that IWC can feel proud about is backing the right guys. The IWC is a small, often prejudiced organization and therefore it is easy to always criticize them. But for once, we deserve praise. We were right about Bryan, Punk and Zack. We praised them when no one thought anything of them. So I guess the IWC can rejoice in the victory of these three men at TLC even though they directly had nothing to do with it. Niether are only the IWC fans of these guys now and niether is the IWC influential enough to make Vince McMahon change his plans.

Vince will NEVER be able to fully please the IWC. Ever. Take a look at this picture. These are your current WWE Champions:

38173523423324843431430.jpg

These are all individuals who the IWC has begged to be pushed in their respective divisions. They now stand strong as your current WWE Champions. There is one little problem though. The IWC are in fact not fulfilled. They never will be because no matter how much they are given, they always find something else to complain about. Always.

They got Daniel Bryan and CM Punk for their World Heavyweight and WWE Champions. Kane got remasked. A girl who can actually wrestle is the Divas Champion. The midcard titles are being used to elevate future main eventers. The brand extension has somewhat ended. Christian got a world title push. The Rock came back to feud with John Cena.

That's not good enough though. They are still whining about how Cena needs to turn heel or how the world titles need to be unified. Seriously, they will NEVER be fully satisfied. I'm glad that WWE is listening more intently to them because they are more vocal about what they want than other fans, but Vince should realize that they will without fail always find something else to complain about. It's just how most IWC fans are. I for one am very happy with the recent direction WWE has had including having the four victories from last night. Unlike the majority of the IWC I am sitting back enjoying the show instead of looking for other things to whine about.

I'm so sick of people getting on these forums complaining about people who get on these forums and complain. Thats what the IWC is all about. They're about voicing their opinion about what they see in this industry good, bad or indifferent. Whether they make sense or not, whether you LIKE it or not. If you don't like what we're saying, or we "whine" too much for you, stay out of these forums. Respectfully.

Now on to the topic.
I don't believe for one minute Vince is out to please anyone in the IWC. The reality is he knows that the Cena-ites are coming to the shows. He is all about making money and so what makes money consistently is Cena, and if he can keep him on TV and get the internet darlings over so that "hardcore" fans will keep watching and buy more merchandise he's happy. Pleasing us is a by product of him pleasing himself...(heh heh, pleasing himself..)

Great stuff, except no one really buys Air Boom.

I was just talking about this the other day with someone. It seems as though Vince took a Bishoff play and went all "please the IWC" on wrestling. It failed in WCW. People don't really like getting what they think they want. It's the hipster disease; "It was cool before it happened. But now that it did, it isn't cool."

Eventually the IWC will turn and say X isn't a strong enough champion. Why isn't Y champion?

The WWE is to mainstream, what the IWC is to hipsters. There's "the man" pulling all the strings, pushing all the levers, and raking in all the cash. Then there's the ironic minority who think they're better than everyone else, and live "above" the mainstream status quo. It IS the trend of modern culture, and it leaks in to just about every facet of our lives. There is the popular, and there is the pretentious. There are those that love Transformers, and there are those (the smart people) that hate it for being nothing but fan-serviced explosions. The IWC is just wrestling's pretentious hipster movement... If we were ever forced to join the real world, after coming out of the cave and allowing our eyes to adjust, we'd find that we were all wearing skinny jeans, button-downs, and frilly scarves, while typing on our Macbooks in a local cafe...just to be seen by other people.

Don't take that as an insult. I love hipsters. I love intelligent fans of anything... And yes, the IWC is made up of some really intelligent people (also some really stupid people). But mostly it's a legion of hardcore fans that KNOW WHAT THEY WANT from their product. Maybe that's not what we're being given, or the direction they'll likely ever go in, but who cares? We know what we want, and it's stupid to settle for anything less...

I make these points because the posters above have already said what needs to be said. The decisions for these men to win were based on outside events, not the need for Vince to please the IWC masses. Punk is over because of Punk, not us. Bryan was a means to Henry's end. Ryder is TOO mainstream now to be an IWC love-child, so if you really think about it, Ziggler winning would be the real IWC move to make. And Air Boom is relatively irrelevant...a juicy combo of words, if I might add!

[cL];3592593 said:
I'm so sick of people getting on these forums complaining about people who get on these forums and complain.

Then ignore their posts and move on to another topic. It's not rocket science.

[cL];3592593 said:
Thats what the IWC is all about. They're about voicing their opinion about what they see in this industry good, bad or indifferent. Whether they make sense or not, whether you LIKE it or not. If you don't like what we're saying, or we "whine" too much for you, stay out of these forums. Respectfully.

I wasn't compalining about the complaints of others. I was bringing up a point that is relevant to the topic of this thread. I post what I think about each topic regardless of what other people will think or not. If I dislike someone's post then I don't complain about the post itself or anything the poster complained about either. I tear their post apart and strike up a debate, much like I am doing to you right now.

[cL];3592593 said:
I don't believe for one minute Vince is out to please anyone in the IWC.

Christian won multiple world titles this summer. CM Punk is on his way to becoming the top guy. Daniel Bryan is the World Heavyweight Champion. The brand extension is being phased out. A diva who can actually wrestle is holding the Divas Championship. ZACK RYDER is the United States Champion and in the middle of a huge push. KANE IS REMASKED!

Do you really think that ANY of this would have happened if the WWE was not trying to pay more attention to things that the IWC want? This is a way to please more people because the casual fans will keep going to shows, buying merchandise, and ordering PPV's regardless. Vince is a smart man, he knows what he's doing. The Cena heel turn might even be coming.

[cL];3592593 said:
The reality is he knows that the Cena-ites are coming to the shows. He is all about making money and so what makes money consistently is Cena, and if he can keep him on TV and get the internet darlings over so that "hardcore" fans will keep watching and buy more merchandise he's happy.

What about the "Cena sucks" shirts? That's yet another attempt at pleasing online fans. Their entire direction ever since Punk's shoot promo has been centered around ideas that just happen to be ideas that the online community have been begging to see happen for a very long time. It's too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

Vince isn't trying to please the IWC, he's doing what he thinks will work.

Ryder isn't at all your typical IWC wrestler. He has a character, sells, and isn't a spot monkey. He's over because he's good, same with Punk, same with Air Boom.

Maybe the IWC is just getting smarter finally and realizing there is more to wrestling tha a large moveset and a workrate? Vince books to make money, pretty simple. He feels that what he's doing right now is a long term plan to make money.

There aren't "cena sucks" shirts because Vince said "okay, these people deserve it finally" he did it because he said "I bet we'll sell a lot of these". Vince doesn't sit around thinking about this shit. he looks at spreadsheets and numbers, listens to the live audiences, and pushes guys/products who will sell. No conspiracy, no "IWC vs normal people" with Vince. He probably DOES label different fans into demographics though. So in that way, maybe he's appealing to the IWC, but to Vince it's probably "males 16-22" or something.

This is NOT intended to target anyone on this boards.

BUT Vince will NEVER be able to fulfil the IWC until the day he is 6 feet under the ground and even then they will still be bitching. Why? The freedom of speech is out of control as it is anyway, 2. I recognize good talent from ROH but also there are lots of great talent out there that isn't from ROH...but, 3. regardless of how hard these individuals work...someone will always find something to nitpick at. I've seen it on the message boards on the main Wrestlezone.com website.

People demand for change, they get it. They bitch.

I seem to remember a day & age where we was wanting someone other than John Cena in the Main Event Scene. So WWE gives us, The Miz..Del Rio..CM Punk in the Main Event Scene.........the people bitch.

People complained that Daniel Bryan was not getting the recognition he deserves in WWE, now he is World Heavyweight Champion and people are bitching about that.

Way I see it, you could have CM Punk win every belt on the show and have him Pepsi Plunge Stephanie McMahon from the toprope and give her the teabag & people would still find something wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back