• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hardy broke the master lock. FACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so Chris masters and his damn master lock was applied to Jeff Hardy n Raw this week. And he got to the ropes, causing the hold to be 'broken'

Now is that or is that not 'Breaking' the lock?
Damn king even said it himself that the lock had to be broken, yet it still is 'officially unbroken'??

Its just a backup to feuds. Because it has been broken plenty of times.

it has to be physically broken. Grabbing the ropes, getting a pin, outside interfernence does not count.

Or else Ron SImmons and the US soldier in Iraq would have it

what happened with the us soldier anyway?
Ive only heard that he somehow broke the masterlock, I havent heard how he did it

It's pretty stupid, like it still says he is undefeated in masterlock challenges but that's not true. John Cena beat him, they're like ignoring the fact that this ever happened

It's pretty stupid, like it still says he is undefeated in masterlock challenges but that's not true. John Cena beat him, they're like ignoring the fact that this ever happened
Actually Cena broke it with interference, just like Ron Simmons and that US Soldier. No one has ever physically broke the Masterlock themselves. They've gotten to the ropes, escaped before it was applied, or broken it because of interference, but that's about it. It's not officially broken.

Let Masters apply it to Khali & then see if it stays unbroken.
Actually i'd like to see Lashley in the Masterlock Challenge & see what happens. i've seen Masters let go on occasion & attack whoever was challenging him cause they were close to breaking it seems like that should count.

I think it was not really officially broken but maybe "broken" by getting to the ropes but not really broken physically. If teh Master lock is ever officially broken though then Masters has no future in the WWE anymore.

what the hell is the big deal about this, does it really matter if he broke it or not. No1 cares about masters his gimmick got old about a year ago...

The big deal, is it is his gimmick! I like Masters, he just needs to align himself with someone to help him get over better. He needs someone like the Million Dollar Man or a Stable (Evolution would have helped) to make his character more dominate. His character is too plain, and needs a good feud (no wishy washy crap with Carlito) to push him. A feud where you obliterate the other guy with a chair just for the hell of it (Edge/Orton, New Age Outlaws, Stone Cold, etc....)! That's what gets guys over, and if he teamed up with someone to help him or even got a manager, that would be better.

The obliterating with a chair part is a stroke of genius as it has worked so many times. It even worked for established superstars like HBK when he went completely heel for the original DX even though they were cheered but them chair shots on taker helped change him from the HBK that isnt hardcore enough to be in DX to the Canadian flag humpin showstopper we saw during that span of time. It also helped Austin get heat for teaming with Vince when he destroyed the rock with the chair at Wrestlemaina. By no way is Masters like them but obliterating someone that is a OVER face (not ric flair he has had enough) would give him a nice push kind of like how they did Rikishi when he hit Stone Cold with the Car supposedly

But what your all forgetting is, it has to be broken IN the masterlock challenge, in a normal match up with bouncing off the ropes or have you, i dont think it counts.

I think the Masterlock has definitely lost its appeal, but it is only a full nelson and I think they made too much of it. It has pretty much destroyed Chris Master's character and I think it's a shame. I think that to make it officially broken, the wrestler has to break out of it completely and I don't think we can count it if the referee makes him release it, but it has been broken before and I think it will keep happening.

i just like to say one thing, the masterlock challenge is a work, its not a legit challenge, so everyone who is saying that they wanna see goldberg or lesnar have a go just shut up yeah, back to the point, i felt that the gimmick was good untill that soldier "broke" the masterlock, that was one of the only good points of the gimmick and it has been ruined now cause they keep saying that it has not "officially" been broken

i just like to say one thing, the masterlock challenge is a work, its not a legit challenge, so everyone who is saying that they wanna see goldberg or lesnar have a go just shut up yeah, back to the point, i felt that the gimmick was good untill that soldier "broke" the masterlock, that was one of the only good points of the gimmick and it has been ruined now cause they keep saying that it has not "officially" been broken

Really? Wow I would never have guessed that!!!!!

I think the Masterlock has definitely lost its appeal, but it is only a full nelson and I think they made too much of it. It has pretty much destroyed Chris Master's character and I think it's a shame. I think that to make it officially broken, the wrestler has to break out of it completely and I don't think we can count it if the referee makes him release it, but it has been broken before and I think it will keep happening.

Exactly!!

The first time i saw him put that move on and it was announced as the "Masterlock" i just thought "that's it, it's official, WWE can't think of anymore moves". Then to be told that it's unbreakable!!, ok we all assume that anyone can (in theory) do anyone elses move and that certain wrestlers can do that move better than anyone else, But come on it's a full nelson!

Also i think the name doesn't help, "Masterlock" (imo) seems to imply that you have to have at least some mastery in wrestling holds.

Maybe im just venting, i very rarly watch any WWE at the moment. (and when i do, i do so in the same way someone might watch a car crash)

Oh and no Officially it seems the 'Lock hasn't been broken

this is just like taker's wm thing if it gets broke there goes the on thing that they worked hard for

Lashley's going to break it tomorrow...

I noticed masters had his top 5 last week, why if the master lock challenge wasn't about to be broken

Lashley's said before hand eh's going to do it

They want Lashley to look like a power house, master lock broken tomorrow night on raw, for sure

John cena beat him by kicking him in the groan. Or was that shawn micheals? I don't remember. Can somebody help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back