• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hall of Fame 2007

greenbeast95

Occasional Pre-Show
I'm not sure if I missed a thread on this months ago, but this is my first day on here, so maybe just go with it.

Who's gonna be in the Hall of Fame next year?

We all know theres lots of politics involved as to who's good with Vince presently, but miracles could happen.

Here's my very deserving list:

1. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
2. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (yeah he's a psycho, but look at his history!)
3. Dusty Rhodes ( They just released his DVD so that could be an indicator)
4. Arn Anderson + Tully Blanchard (These guys deserve it, A Horseman thing would be great, but you can't do that w/out Flair)
5. The Road Warriors
6. Miss Elizabeth
Finally : OWEN HART!!! If Eddie's in, and Bret's now in, Why the hell isn't Owen in????

Some others maybe could be John "Earthquake" Tenta, The Fabulous Freebirds, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Ted Dibiase, Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig, or what about BRUNO SAMMARTINO??

You will probably never see Savage in the WWE Hall Of Fame, and if you do, no way would Vince want him at WM or to be in the same room as him... The bad blood between those two is very deep... There is someone else on the roster who might have a bit of a problem with it too... it could get very ugly indeed...

Pillman is a lock, they're doing a DVD so he is pretty much guaranteed a place, I thought Rhodes was already in there...

WWE has the eternal problem, there are a lot of guys who deserve to be in there... but many are now dead, you can't have a load of empty spaces at the WM walkout... So they have to space them out...unless there is someone credible to induct them.

This years most likely are Pillman and maybe Davey Boy as Harry will be around to induct him and it will help his push they might get away with Owen as well by having Neidhart and Harry induct the Hart Foundation... Guys like Hennig, Rude, Bossman,Earthquake will all get in eventually, but over many years...

Arn Anderson is likely, Ted DiBiase, Rick Steamboat, Mike Rotundo/IRS (Tag champ at WMI and 9), maybe Kevin Nash and pretty much certain Kurt... It would be a good way to get him back on screen so the fans don't forget him...

Bob Backlund
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Mr. Fuji
Yokozuna
Ted DiBiase
Owen Hart
Vader
Honky Tonk Man
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Ultimate Warrior
Terry Funk
King Kong Bundy
Dino Bravo
Bruno Sammartino
Dusty Rhodes
"British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
Rick Rude
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
Rick Martel
Arn Anderson
Phyco Sid
"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
Lex Luger

CELEBRITY WING:
Mr. T.
Donald Trump

Others Deserving: Dynamtite Kid, "Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich, & Alundra Blaze

I know I just posted something, but EVERYBODY is FORGETTING THE MOST DESERVING OF THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

BOB BACKLUND! How can you guys keep forgetting to mention him! We all need to rally together to get Bob Backlund into the Hall Of Fame in 2007! Spread the word!

some additions to those mentioned...

Demolition
Jack Tunney
Howard Finkel
Lord Alfred Hayes
Wendy Richter
Steve Lombardi
Percy Pringle/Paul Bearer
Dean Malenko
Hillbilly Jim
Gordon Solie

Ultimate Warrior
Ted DiBiase
Dusty Rhodes
Arn Anderson
Macho Man Randy Savage
Terry Funk
Kevin Nash
Road warrior Hawk
Road Warrior Animal
Earthquake

Ted DiBiase
Rick Rude
Brian Pillman
Curt Hening
Ricky Steamboat
Arn Anderson
The Road Warriors
Dusty Rhodes
The Briscoes
Pat Patterson
Jake Roberts

Jaycobo said:
Yeah, and while your at it why not get giant gonzalez to come in.^^

funny...but the names I mentioned dedicated quality years to the business.

and Pat Patterson has already been inducted...^^

scalizi said:
some additions to those mentioned...

Demolition
Jack Tunney
Howard Finkel
Lord Alfred Hayes
Wendy Richter
Steve Lombardi
Percy Pringle/Paul Bearer
Dean Malenko
Hillbilly Jim
Gordon Solie

Jack Tunney, never even thought of that one! Good call!

DiscoKid240 said:
I know I just posted something, but EVERYBODY is FORGETTING THE MOST DESERVING OF THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

BOB BACKLUND! How can you guys keep forgetting to mention him! We all need to rally together to get Bob Backlund into the Hall Of Fame in 2007! Spread the word!

He was asked two years ago but refused, he's into politics so I think he's trying no to bring attention to his previous career.

My picks are:-

Randy Savage (Although I read somewhere recently that he says he will never be inducted)
Ted Dibiase
Ricky Steamboat
Dusty Rhodes (He's turned the H.O.F down before because he wants to be the main inductee apparently)
Jake Roberts
Curt Henning
Rick Rude

There is a lot of worthy inductees but the problem they have is a lot of the have passed away and you cant have a show with few inductees showing up.

Isn't Tunney already in thre from the 1990's version of the HOF?

The Fink...yes, very likely...Demolition...hmmm problem is you then have to induct Crush as well which kinda defeats the purpose of a hall of fame...

Backlund... yes.. but then you also makes Bruno not being there even more obvious...

you notice each year seems to focus on a generation, I think this time will be the 90's guys...

Definitive Predictions list for 2007

Davey Boy Smith : Inducted by Harry Smith
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall: Inducted by HBK & Trips
Arn Anderson: Inducted by Ric Flair
Ricky Steamboat: Inducted by Randy Savage (a good tester for WWE to see if they can stomach him)
Ted DiBiase : Inducted by Sherri Martel
Mike Rotundo (IRS) inducted by either DiBiase or Barry Windham or Martel as Money Inc.
Brian Pillman: Inducted by Steve Austin (DVD coming out is a big clue)
Howard Finkel: Inducted by Mr. Kennedy (who is clearly influenced by him)
The Rock: Inducted by Arnie... there is always a headliner, and at this point WWE NEEDS the Rock on TV somehow... this is the best way...Arnie inducting gives it some gravitas...

Celebrity: Ozzy Osbourne ( I could see Ozzy being next and being inducted by someone already mentioned...can you remember what WWE event and match he appeared at?)

I agree with who everyone else said... I just have 1 person noone else named...

Celebrity

LT unless he already is in it...

Owen will be inducted by bret
pillman will be inducted by stone cold

maybe idk

^^^^i agree with all of those, however i think the road warriors and jake roberts should also b inducted as well....the road warriors could b inducted by michael hayes and im not sure who could induct jake the snake....also, is the honkytonk man in there somewhere? if not he should b inducted by jimmy hart

THTRobtaylor said:
Definitive Predictions list for 2007

Davey Boy Smith : Inducted by Harry Smith
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall: Inducted by HBK & Trips

I dont think they`ll be inducted until they officially retire and ESPECIALLY not by HHH, Shawn Michaels for Kevin Nash, MAYBE

I think it was Wrestlemania 4 but I could be wrong. He accompanied Jake Roberts I THINK, but i could be wrong. I`m pretty sure it was in a tag match...

Celebrity Inductees (Not all this year)

Donald Trump- SOLEY Hosted back to back Wrestlemanias 4&5, and attended Wrestlemania 6 I think, and attended Wrestlemania 21 too.

Mr. T.- Was in the main event tag match at Wrestlemania 1, and was in a boxing match with Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 2.

Alice Cooper-Accompanied Jake Roberts at Wrestlemania 3

Ozzy Ozbourne- Accompanied Jake Roberts & ???? at Wrestlemania.....4?

Muhammed Ali- Special Guest Referee/Enforcer in the main event at Wrestlemania 1

Lawrence Taylor- Main Evented Wrestlemania 11 against Bam Bam Bigelow

Vinny Pazienza- Attended Wrestlemania 14, Refereed the Wrestlemania 15 Boxing Match between Butterbean & Bart Gunn

Butterbean-Wrestlemania 15 Boxing match against Bart Gunn

taker04 said:
^^^^i agree with all of those, however i think the road warriors and jake roberts should also b inducted as well....the road warriors could b inducted by michael hayes and im not sure who could induct jake the snake....also, is the honkytonk man in there somewhere? if not he should b inducted by jimmy hart

How could Jake the Snake and Jimmy Hart be involved in the HOF 2007? They are both already involved in TNA!

Also, aren't the Road Warriors already inducted into the HOF? I thought they were the top inductees in 2004 or 2005 or something...

EDIT: They were never inducted

My picks for 2007 HOF:

Brooklyn Brawler inducted by Vince McMahon
Brian Pillman inducted by Stone Cold Steve Austin
Road Warriors inducted by Heidenreich (lol)
Terry Funk inducted by Mick Foley
Owen Hart inducted by Bret Hart
RAW Announce Team inducted by Johnathan Coachman

Ok I checked it up, and Ozzy was at Wrestlemania 2 accompanying the British Bulldogs, No the Legion Of Doom isn`t in the hall of fame yet, but as arguably the greatest tag team of all time, they definitely should be! Roberts & Hart should both be in the HOF

The thing holding up Owen getting inducted is Owen's wife, Martha. As soon as she gives it the go ahead, he will be in the HOF.

DiscoKid240 said:
Bob Backlund
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Mr. Fuji
Yokozuna
Ted DiBiase
Owen Hart
Vader
Honky Tonk Man
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Ultimate Warrior
Terry Funk
King Kong Bundy
Dino Bravo
Bruno Sammartino
Dusty Rhodes
"British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
Rick Rude
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
Rick Martel
Arn Anderson
Phyco Sid
"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
Lex Luger

CELEBRITY WING:
Mr. T.
Donald Trump

Others Deserving: Dynamtite Kid, "Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich, & Alundra Blaze

WHAT ABOUT THE BIG BOSS MAN HELLO MCFLY:headbanger:

Whoever said Mr. Fuji is fucking ******ed. Mr. Fuji to me is the dictator of Japanese Pro Wrestling. He makes up all these dumbass matchups, and writes the storylines so he completely obliterates his opponents. I hate him with a passion. If I ever had to face him in a ring I would kick his ass.

[/rant]

Most of the names and ideas have been fantastic, but I have to say hell no to Sid Vicious. As Ric Flair said in his book, Sid was a guy who took everything he could from the business, and never gave anything back. He never learned his craft, orcared about anyone in the ring. Though he did hold numorous titles, I just can't see him going in over most of the names listed.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Mr. Perfect
The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
Mr. Bob Backlund
Howard Finkel
Owen Hart
Demolition
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Ultimate Warrior
British Bulldog
The American Dream Dusty Rhoads
Ricky Steamboat