Guys

Kanye West is considered by many the greatest hip hop musician to ever live and is called one of the most influential musicians in recent history. I recommend acquiring his entire discography which is 6 studio albums and starting from the beginning. His 2010 release My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was considered by many music critics the album of the year.

EDIT: I had no idea there was an "anti-rap" general consensus here, I'm kind of disappointed. Oh well, I don't go here for music discussion, but it's always frustrating when people dismiss an entire genre because of the "Lil Wayne sux" opinion of Youtube comments.

I can't work out whether the grey rep you gave me with the comment "Polite/Nice/Friendly" was supposed to be positive or negative...I can only assume you were calling me those things, as no one in their right mind would call Kanye West them.

Jump right up on the dicks of all of these rappers work immediately sir Harthan.

Notorious BIG
2Pac
Nas
Big L
Gang Starr
EPMD
KRS-One
AZ
Outkast
Immortal Technique
A Tribe Called Quest
Black Star
Beastie Boys
Cypress Hill
De La Soul
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Eric B & Rakim
Wu-Tang Clan
GZA
Raekwon
Ghostface Killah
Ice Cube
Jay Z
Ice T
NWA
Public Enemy
Run DMC
Snoop Dogg
The D.O.C.
UGK
Dr. Octagon
The Roots

Alot of that is entry-level rudimentary shit that seems obvious, but if you haven't heard Kanye's shit then I'm guessing you also haven't taken the time to listen to Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys or Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous by Big L. Check alllllll of that shit out go from there.

I live in a town that is 96% white according to Wikipedia also and despite the rampant racism in this town somehow rap music is incredibly popular.

Rap wise I pretty much just listen to Eminem, Hollywood Undead and Deuce and they're all white. Also HU and Deuce aren't really straight up rap.

I've listened to a couple songs by Cage because there was a time when Cage accused Eminem of stealing his style. He's not bad but I haven't really listened to enough to say I'm a Cage fan. Though he's white too.

Speaking of white people and rap...

[YOUTUBE]pIBdAdnTqqo[/YOUTUBE]

"Can't Hold Us" should be a WrestleMania theme. Would have worked great for 29.
[YOUTUBE]2zNSgSzhBfM[/YOUTUBE]

Here's some Childish Gambino...because Donald Glover...

[YOUTUBE]ppHNTluI580[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]dFVxGRekRSg[/YOUTUBE]

Kanye West is considered by many the greatest hip hop musician to ever live and is called one of the most influential musicians in recent history.

Nicholas-Cage-Tries-Not-To-Laugh.gif

Kanye is an idiot savant. The dude is a total idiot who is completely unable to communicate his thoughts in any meaningful way, but when he starts doing his thing musically, he's one of the best of all time.

This is the type of rebuttal one can expect from a main page write as talented as Killam. Tune in for his next article where he slams his head against the keyboard and posts whatever shows up on the screen.

Kanye is an idiot savant. The dude is a total idiot who is completely unable to communicate his thoughts in any meaningful way, but when he starts doing his thing musically, he's one of the best of all time.

This is the type of rebuttal one can expect from a main page write as talented as Killam. Tune in for his next article where he slams his head against the keyboard and posts whatever shows up on the screen.

Well your bloody white knighting days for the guy are over I reckon.

That, is all we've ever said really. About his pieces in the main page.

Coming back, I don't really pursue rap music but if a friend puts it on or it plays at the club, I bust a movement ye.

The only rap song I listen to consistently, aside from anything Eminem's released.

Also, Kanye's vastly overrated and as JGlass aptly pointed out, he's an idiot savant. He's the Rain Man of rap artists.

[youtube]1plPyJdXKIY[/youtube]

I can tolerate rappers spitting their lyrics about political inequality like tommy-guns. It's an art form. Slow rap, speaking in a monotone to a melody-less beat about nothing in particular or getting slightly drunk in some dance hall... THAT's what brings out the murderous impulses.

ICP is probably the whitest rap group around, since not only are the fans and members themselves Caucasian, but they apply clown make-up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back