• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guys

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Listen, I need to give you some context. I'm white. So white. The whitest. I don't think you're getting it. I come from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chardon,_Ohio

Do me a favor and click on the demographics section. 96.9% white. Ninety-six point six fucking percent white. Okay? That's how white I am. I never met any black people growing up. I had one Asian friend, and he was pretty white.

Okay, so now that we're on the same page, I have to tell you: I'm only really just now starting to find out about music. I mean, not white music. I get white music. Metal, punk, that shit, I understand. I get. I'm pretty good at it. I mean music that's not for white people. I mean the raps. The hippity hop. I mean, Jesus Christ, this shit is good. I'm sorry for being four years behind, but sweet Jesus Christ:

[YOUTUBE]PsO6ZnUZI0g[/YOUTUBE]

Oh

My

God

This is so good.

I'm sorry for being the whitest. But it's so amazing, and I just had to share.

The world would be a better place without Kanye West in it.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

You end up with a Paradox though. As much as I want to hate Kanye and want to be able to wish he'd just go away, he's just too damn good and rap/hip-hop would be so much worse without him.

Look at it this way, if Kanye went away we'd be left with Will.I.Am. Does anybody really want that guy?

As an aside Harthan, have you listened to any Jay-Z?

You end up with a Paradox though. As much as I want to hate Kanye and want to be able to wish he'd just go away, he's just too damn good and rap/hip-hop would be so much worse without him.

Look at it this way, if Kanye went away we'd be left with Will.I.Am. Does anybody really want that guy?

As an aside Harthan, have you listened to any Jay-Z?

Yeah, I'm fairly well versed in Jay-Z. The first rapper I really listened to was Eminem, but Eminem Pandora stations tend to play a lot of Jay-Z as well.

This is just the first I've ever properly listened to Kanye, and all I can say is DAYUM.

Yeah, I'm fairly well versed in Jay-Z. The first rapper I really listened to was Eminem, but Eminem Pandora stations tend to play a lot of Jay-Z as well.

This is just the first I've ever properly listened to Kanye, and all I can say is DAYUM.

Golddigger, Power, touch the Sky, American boy. A couple of the songs he's done with Jay Z are awesome too. Welcome to a world where Kanye west is arguably the most talented rapper in history but is so much of a douche you want to hate him.

The time will come when you think about the Taylor Swift thing and think. "Yeah, it was a dick move but he was actually right."

Just stay away from Pitbull. Please. If you admire the artistic values of music under any genre, stay away from Pitbull.

Last time I checked rock music was invented by a black man and all it's subsideries like punk and metal can be traced back to rock so I say you're good.

When I think of "black music" its Motown stuff, heard it through the grapevine and that, maybe I am just old school, or some kinda douchebag, Surely you've been exposed to that though?

Last time I checked rock music was invented by a black man and all it's subsideries like punk and metal can be traced back to rock so I say you're good.

Eh, Emimem is to rap/hip hop what Elvis is to rock and roll.

Kanye West is considered by many the greatest hip hop musician to ever live and is called one of the most influential musicians in recent history. I recommend acquiring his entire discography which is 6 studio albums and starting from the beginning. His 2010 release My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was considered by many music critics the album of the year.

EDIT: I had no idea there was an "anti-rap" general consensus here, I'm kind of disappointed. Oh well, I don't go here for music discussion, but it's always frustrating when people dismiss an entire genre because of the "Lil Wayne sux" opinion of Youtube comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back