Greatest Wrestler Of Today Who Will Never Win A World Title?

Has to be William Regal the guys been in WWE for over a decade now and hes a top class wrestler its sad to see the guy never get the recognition hes deserved. but in recent WWE with the up and comers Kofi and Evan these two guys are quality superstars but they just dont have the charisma which is sad how you have to have charisma to be the champ and top guy i would much more enjoy seeing a top quality title match than a promo.

Firstly, I understand the problems people had with Sheamus having the world title. I have howeever never quite understood the issues surrounding ADR. He is simply fantastic and fully deserves his rise to the top of the mountain. He may be green in terms of years spent in the WWE, but you would never know it to look at the guy in the ring or on the mic.

Anyway, on to your main question. It's obviously hard to really think of too many guys who will get close to the main event position and not see the world title at some point. Obviously the industry has changed and the belt is moved around far more often than it has been in the past, leading to the likes of Jack Swagger having already had the title.

But, if I had to guess, and despite the fact that he has the near guaramtee of a chaampionship run with the MIB suitcase, I just can't see Daniel Bryan having the WWE or World Heavyweight title. So, I guess, if I had to go for someone, it would be him. Although I say that with the thorough expectation that he will get the belt at some point in the near future.

Ok, I agree, Berto looks good in the ring, but the guy is still VERY VERY average to poor on the mike. He plays the heel well, but he doesn't evoke any hatred or anything other than indifference when he has the mike. In fact the things the are most despicable about him are his ring announcer and his music, as opposed to his character. As far as guys who will never win, but are talented...Justin Gabriel. Dude can fly, but don't see him getting there. Also, Kofi Kingston.

Shelton Benjamin..

I LOVED this guy, he was my favorite wrestler for a long time. He was one of the best in WWE and was badly miss-used. He could have been one of all time greats but no.. WWE buried him like they buried others like William Regal and Drew McIntyre.

Shelton Benjamin..

I LOVED this guy, he was my favorite wrestler for a long time. He was one of the best in WWE and was badly miss-used. He could have been one of all time greats but no.. WWE buried him like they buried others like William Regal and Drew McIntyre.
You don't understand pro wrestling. WWE doesn't go "well so and so had a 5 star match" they go "fuckin so and so can't get over worth shit".

Benjamin didn't get over. There are a ton of great athletes. If great athletes made the WWE money, Michael Phelps and LeBron James would be pro wrestlers. They aren't though.

Instead GETTING OVER, get this, GETS YOU PUSHED. I've liked regal ever since I saw him get punched right in the face by Fit Finley at WCW Uncensored 1996 but he was never main event over.

As for Drew....if WWE had never promoted him as a future hall of famer, would you still think the same way?

What most of you don't get is that most pro wrestlers, even though they would like the world title, aren't marks for the belt. They understand that everyone has a role. Regal was great at toughening up young guys and teaching them how to work a match. He was never over enough for a world title reign. I mean sure he could have gotten a Mark Henry-type run where they say "here you go" but he wouldn't be promoted as THE guy (meaning he'd never hold the WWE title).

So what's the point? Regal was on the payroll and still is. Isn't that compensation enough? In baseball you don't get an MVP award for playing solid ball for a long time, you get rewarded by being paid. Pro wrestling is no different. It's a business and the wrestlers are product. The idea that "so and so 'deserves' the belt because they work hard" is markish. The ONLY people who deserve the belt are the people who are over enough to make the company money in that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back