Greatest Wrestler Of Today Who Will Never Win A World Title?

John Morrison or Kofi Kingston maybe, though there's still a chance
noone else in WWE atleast deserves a spot as "greatest wrestler/s" who hasn't already won the big one

Goldust is not even around 99% of the time, and is one of the highest rated IC champs of all time, would serve no purpose, he coulda won the ECW title when they still did that, but i bet he doesn't want the titles, he's there to put the kids over as he should and deserves props for it.

Saying all that, Drew McIntyre isn't all that bad in ring, he just sucks as a personality
and Wade Barrett certainly has the ability but will they ever give it to him, i doubt it at this point. neither of these are "great" wrestlers anyway

I would have to say Regal or Morrison.

I especially feel bad for Real on this topic, because that world title is all he needs for a triple crown, he's been with the company for over a decade and he is an excellent in-ring and mic performer.

As for Morrison, I see him as the RVD of today's generation: he is a solid upper-midcarder light heavyweight used for spots. Granted, I don't think he's at an RVD level yet, but he reminds me of him due to his spots. But I don't think he will ever be trusted with the World Title like RVD was.

And to reference some of the names I've seen here: Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes and Sin Cara will all be future world title holders, no worries.

Who will be the greatest wrestler of today (this era, attitude to current) that will never win a WWE championship/world heavy weight championship.

Simple question you know that names: Lawler, Piper, Jake "The Snake", Scott Hall, Ted DiBiase, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Mr. Perfect all never won the WWE title, so the question is who is the GREATEST wrestler of today that you feel will NEVER see the WWE championship.

and side question do you think the WWE championship has been given out too loosely? point in case shemus and ADR both of which I hated when they debut but they both have held that belt twice and have been in the WWE for a total of 35 minutes...

You have to figure out whos great first. Complicating the issue is we have to answer now when we cant know for another decade or so. And titles and greatness are usually interconnected..

Hall was unstable in WCW and psychologically not ready in the WWF. Lawler was already aged enough circa 1989 when the AWA gave him a World title. In 1987 Steamboat was at the I-C title level. In 1989 he was past it. He happaned to be in the NWA at the time and he ended up gettin the Big Gold Belt. Only the WWF/WWE wants to downsize that moment at arbitrary times. Ironically though WWE ripped that belt design off and the logic they use half the time dictates that he and Henry and Sting have all held the sane title making him technically a WWE champion of sorts. I dont know what Piper's deal was but some of the old heads just tell me guys like him were above the need for championships. Roberts might had been unstable in his personal life. Hennig's persona in the WWF did not garner World titles. He was still the youngest AWA World champion in its 31 year history.

Kofi, somethin just aint clickin. Sin Cara might be able to use ADR's steam for himself. I doubt it though. Ted Di Biase jr. is failing, so it Drew Mac. Umaga never went beyond tge WM hair match. Idk if Ziggz was a champ or not but i see him focusing on beating out Lex Luger and Wahoo McDaniel as the greatest U.S. champ. Carlito was a huge loss and I wonder what Matt Hardy had to offer in his prime. Boogie Man got cut short on ECW and so did Dean Melenko..

Regal and Goldust. Ultimo Dragon should not had been put on

Velocity.
MVP was not treated like one.. Mr. Kennedy needed a chance. Benjamin need a heel run.

Never say never, specially in wrestling, but from the current guys, maybe KOFI KINGSTON doesn't have a future as world champion, bad on the mic and no psycology of a main eventer, but is a solid mid card performer that's for sure.

Yeah, for me Kofi Kinston is really the "obvious" answer to the OP's question. And it's basically only because he's just awful on the mic. You could add so many guys to that list, too...Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, John Morrison....these guys are about as interesting as cardboard. People don't pay to watch wrestlers they don't care about, and thus, barring a total reinvention of his character and some acting lessons....Kofi Kingston will never be world champion.

there a few i dont see winning it
Kofi: they gave him a push year ago but he wont be more than a tag team title holder or us IC title

Sin Cara: more of a mid card wrestler

Otunga: if he wins it ill never watch wrestling again

McIntyre: i think out of my list he may have the best chnce but then again does anyone remember he was chosen by mcmahon as the next chosen n now where is he?

Its okay that kofi sux on da mic.. the younger ones dont notice. He is a energetic character and a high flyer. HE IS POPULAR. its something else about him and i cant put my tongue on it.:shrug:

There are a couple of past guys that really come to my mind. Especially after the talk about William Regal.
1: Fit Finlay
2: Bill Demott

Both guys had moments where they got good pushes but were never given a legitimate shot at the title. Fit Finlay had the "it factor" when he first came to the WWE. It was really unfortunate that they turned him into a sideshow act with Hornshwoggle. The guy was one of the most talented guys around and had been in the business for ages. He spent a lot of time in WCW and was a trainer in their Power Plant with the "sarge". Even in WCW Fit Finlay never got a big push despite being way over with the fans at one point.
Bill Demott was the kind of guy that had he came in the early to mid 90's in WWE he might have hit it big. He was a scrapper with a great look. When you are a jobber and you still get fans chanting your name and begging for merchandise you know your over. His last run in WWE was good. He was so solid but also a bit stiff. Guys didn't like getting pounded by him....Which brings up another name that came so close.... Hardcore BOB HOLLY!
Bob had the mic skills, the mat skills, the attitude, everything. He was so good he could get technical or he could kick you in the face.

Guys currently in WWE.... Tyler Reks. He is going nowhere fast.

Someone who should be pushed but for some reason is ignored is Yoshi Tatsu. Say what you will, but that kid is amazing!
Tatsu would be a great matchup with any of the top guys if given a chance to build up the match. Put him as the face. Let him win the Rumble or whatever. I don't think he would be a long term title holder. But easily could be a transitional. I think the crowd reaction would be immense. Here is a kid who noone really knows anything much about him and he picks someone off. A high flying matchup with Rey or SinCara to transition the title would be epic.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if your last name is Rhodes and DiBiase you will NEVER see the World Title associated with them but then I might be disagreeing with myself. They

I would've loved to see Goldust win the title back but Goldust seems done now, just won't last. I just can't see Cody Rhodes winning. I didn't like him when he came into WWE and I still don't like him. He'll never get past the Intercontinental Championship.

With DiBiase, I think Sr. should've won and I think Jr. has the ability to win, but if Jr. wins (which I think he'll get at least one run) then Sr. will somehow come and get involved, either in some form that Sr. will buy the title off of his son, and the only way that could happen is if you retired that belt (RETIRE the spinner belt) cause that would make that belt have little prestige OR that the son will basically call out his dad saying that he was able to do something his father was never able to do.

To continue with this legacy factor. I'm going to go with Michael McGillicutty as one who will not see the belt. Will he be great? Yes He will basically have fame because of who his father is. I just can't see him as a champ.

As much as I know it won't happen, William Regal would be my pick for a future World Champion.

Regal has the tools to be marketable, especially as a heel. He's one of the most technically-sound wrestlers alive today, and he's always played his roles well, even when he was "A Real Man's Man". I especially enjoyed his many feuds over the Intercontinental Title with the likes of Chris Jericho, Edge, and Rob Van Dam, and when he was a Tag Team Champion with Lance Storm. He can also make any wrestler look good, or if he feels like it, make any wrestler look bad. Goldberg knows all about that.

A quick glimpse of what he could do in today's main event was seen back in 2008 when he was King of the Ring, RAW General Manager, and held the Intercontinental Title again. His matches with Randy Orton, CM Punk, and Ric Flair were good, though not as good as those from years before.

Unfortunately, I believe that even if Regal were given a shot to challenge for a World Title, he'd probably let it pass. He's getting a bit too old to be wrestling on a day-to-day basis and he knows it. It'd be nice for Regal to achieve Grand Slam Champion status, since he has all the credentials but a World Title, but it seems Regal's best days are behind him. He'll still go down as one of the better wrestlers of our time, and he deserves it.

hmmm its tough to tell based off the fact a couple years ago i thought a young kid with blonde hair named dolph ziggler would have gotten fired but now i see him possibly being a world champion by this time next year and i thought miz was a midcarder at best and i was wrong there...im gonna go with Drew McIntyre he seemed to be on the right path when he first debuted and had a great fued with matt hardy but then he lost the title,got his ass kicked by his ex wife and now his career has died but i think hes pretty damn good still so ill go with him for this question.

Most people who never win the world title were never actually over enough. Who gives a shit how respected you are, if you aren't that over, you don't deserve it. Obviously there are some exceptions. However, most of the time it's just a guy with a very vocal fanbase.

so basically, the question is "who in today's world is the most over smark-friendly guy who will never win a world title". My guess is morrison. He has a 6 pack and does flips. He's the definition of a net darling. He's also the definition in that in any aspect other than having a 6 pack and flips (as in, the other things that actually matter), he sucks so he'll likely never be a champion.

I honestly want to know why you guys think that being a "good wrestler" (being promoted as a ring technician) makes it "a shame" that you never held the world title even if you're not really over. That's like saying "man this kid has a great swing, doesn't have the coordination to ever hit the damn ball, but man his swing is so great, such a shame he doesn't have any home runs".

Honestly Id have to say Drew Mcintyre. I absolutely love watchin the guy in the ring. he definitely had a great character coming in, but now hes been reduced to nothing.

And sadly i have to say Ryder. He has become the only reason I even watch RAW, but I dont think Vince will ever let him go above Mid-card status

Out of the current WWE roster, I’m going to go with John Morrison and Kofi Kingston, unless Daniel Bryan cashes in and loses, then I would add him to this list. These 3 have shown us what they can do with the Intercontinental and United States Titles, and I believe they would all make great World Champions one day, but as of right now, they haven’t been given a chance to run with the Big Gold Spinning Belts.

Yeah, for me Kofi Kinston is really the "obvious" answer to the OP's question. And it's basically only because he's just awful on the mic. You could add so many guys to that list, too...Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, John Morrison....these guys are about as interesting as cardboard. People don't pay to watch wrestlers they don't care about, and thus, barring a total reinvention of his character and some acting lessons....Kofi Kingston will never be world champion.

Yeah, I'm tempted to say this, but remember this: I bet just one year ago if we asked this question Mark Henry would be the 'gimmie' vote, and now look at him. It's the twilight of his career, and he's doing great in the ring with what he's been given.

I think Kofi is really riiiiiiiiiight there and just needs his breakout moment. For example, Cody Rhodes' gimmick is growing to get some great heat, and where was he 10 months ago? I think Kofi just needs something to take him to the next level. A tweak to his character and he's got it.

Oh and more practice on the mic. When Morrison could run rings around you in a promo, it's never good.

There are a couple of past guys that really come to my mind. Especially after the talk about William Regal.
1: Fit Finlay
2: Bill Demott
Hardcore BOB HOLLY!
Bob had the mic skills, the mat skills, the attitude, everything. He was so good he could get technical or he could kick you in the face.
Here is a kid who noone really knows anything much about him and he picks someone off. A high flying matchup with Rey or SinCara to transition the title would be epic.

Fit Finlay is a strong guy. he should had been made ECW champ but in WCW i only see him with the U.S. title. I loved him in WCW and WWE but there seemed like never a good time to quickly give him a world title. Bill Demott to me always will be the first guy Goldberg destrooyed. He had some speed but WCW shouldnt had gave him more then its tv title. Where did u even get bill demott from? Are u drunk?

Yoshi Tatsu needed ECW. ECW is gone now, he fits no where. Im surprised he wasnt released. If SD still had a crusierweight title or he had kenzo sazuki or funaki to tag with or michunoku his head might not be on the chopping block..

you guys who said William Regal need to brush up on your wrestling IQ.. seriously nobody knows William Regal IS a FORMER WCW World Heavyweight Champion?? How come nobody knows William Regal was the WCW World Heavyweight Champion... William Regal was a World Heavyweight champion.. he was under the name Lord Steven Regal..

you guys who said William Regal need to brush up on your wrestling IQ.. seriously nobody knows William Regal IS a FORMER WCW World Heavyweight Champion?? How come nobody knows William Regal was the WCW World Heavyweight Champion... William Regal was a World Heavyweight champion.. he was under the name Lord Steven Regal..

No, he's not. He never won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but you should check your sources.

Oh, and I agree with those who say William Regal. Prior to being suspended for drugs, he was on his way to the top (or so I believe). I'll look back on his career with some disappointment, seeing he has no one but himself to blame for not becoming a bigger deal.

ok I just looked it up he may not have been the WCW world heavyweight champion but I remember on ECW Striker saying "not many people know this but William Regal is a former World Heavyweight Champion" so obviously he was a World Champion somewhere

I recall him being a television champion in WCW. Could be wrong, but I believe that's the highest championship he won outside of WWE.

Owen Hart, arguably one of the greatest performers of all time before his untimely demise.

Evan Bourne, has the potential to be the next HBK if vince or Trips will allow it.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say Cody Rhodes. I will probably be wrong but and he would probably make a decent World Champ but he seems like he might be like Scott Hall or Curt Hennig and always be great but never win the big one.

see with ADR and shemus like I said I may have hated them when they entered but I love them now but the issues isnt with them its the fact that they have been in under 2 years and have had the title twice.

but my choice is gonna be cody rhodes, I think cody COULD be champion, but it looks like either one or two thing will happen, he will hold the IC title for a very long time or drop it and regain many times and never quite get there as far as WHC or WWE titles are concerned

Cody? You kidding me? This guy is gonna be one of the next 'guys' in WWE. He will never have 10, 12, 14 world titles but i'm telling you he is destined to main event mania and have a couple-three titles runs somewhere down the road. Who better? He and Ziggs are mainly the only reasons i watch nowadays. If i do watch.

With that said, honestly the first name to pop in my head was Daniel Bryan, however i have faith that WWE will at least give him a chance to be transitional champion at some point. So I will go with John Morrison.
No, I really don't like his character, but even I cannot deny the quality of matches this guy has been putting on for a few years now. His ic title match with Mysterio from '09 on Smackdown is a really good match, one of my favorites (ironically i am not a fan of either guy, but still a great match). The top guy's in WWE just don't see 'it' in him, he will NEVER hold the big one.

Without a doubt it has to be Kofi Kingston. He's got midcard funk written all over him. They've tried and tried to elevate him, he just can't seem to run with the ball. He's a hell of a talent, for some reason I think he's his own worst enemy. He might prove me wrong, but I doubt it. While a great talent, he screams mediocrity.

Who will be the greatest wrestler of today (this era, attitude to current) that will never win a WWE championship/world heavy weight championship.

R-Truth. He's paid his dues, he was the very first African-American NWA world heavyweight champion in TNA. Obviously THEY thought he was good enough to wear the title. He started with WWE he went back to WWE, he jobbed a whole hell of a lot, and if it weren't for CM Punk this past summer would have been known as the summer of Truth instead of the summer of punk.

I really do have my doubts that he will ever be a world champion in the WWE. He's going on 40 as it is. His time is running out, and yet he has everything required to be a great champion. He's worked with the best, he's beaten the best, but never when it mattered, just like Roberts, Hennig, Hall, & DiBiase.

Saying a young talent will never win is sketchy because you never know what the future holds. But I'm going with William Regal simply because he's near the end of his career great on the mic, and excellent in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back