• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goodnight Sweet Prince: Batista Leaving The WWE?

I'm sorry, but do you actually believe in this statement???

How can you compare Batista to Eddie 'FREAKING' Guerrero? Eddie is one of the most beloved wrestlers of all time and was actually idolized by Dave Bautista himself. Not only did Guerrero help revolutionize the Cruiserweight division in WCW with the likes of Mysterio, Psicosis, Liger, etc., he and Chris Benoit proved that if you bust your ass in this business that dreams can come true.

More importantly, Eddie Guerrero was a technical wrestling genius who put on amazing matches throughout his entire career, while Batista's great matches could probably be counted on one hand.

I'm not a Batista hater as you will see if you read my earlier post, and I'm definetly not the type of person to call other fans out about their opinions, but you cannot honestly say that Batista has had a better career than Eddie Guerrero.

Well last time i checked just because Guerrero as you say "revolutionized the Cruiserweight division, and opened doors for other Mexican wrestlers does not mean he had a better career, If that's the case Rey Rey did the same thing. Does that make his career better than Batista's also. It takes alot more to define a career, and like i previously said in an earlier post, Batista's accomplishments are waaay more than Guerrero's. A career is defined by accomplishments and body of work, there's no comparison in that department.

Well last time i checked just because Guerrero as you say "revolutionized the Cruiserweight division, and opened doors for other Mexican wrestlers does not mean he had a better career, If that's the case Rey Rey did the same thing. Does that make his career better than Batista's also. It takes alot more to define a career, and like i previously said in an earlier post, Batista's accomplishments are waaay more than Guerrero's. A career is defined by accomplishments and body of work, there's no comparison in that department.

Eddie Guerrero's Championships and accomplishments

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
AAA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Art Barr
AAA Hall of Fame (Class of 2008)

Extreme Championship Wrestling
ECW World Television Championship (2 times)

Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South
IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Latin American Wrestling Association
LAWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

New Japan Pro Wrestling
NJPW Junior Heavyweight Super Grade Tag League Championship (1 time) – with The Great Sasuke
Best of the Super Juniors (1996)

Pro Wrestling Federation
PWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Hector Guerrero

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (1999)
PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2002, 2004)
PWI Stanley Weston Award (2005)
PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004.

World Championship Wrestling
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (2 times)
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling All-Stars
WWA International Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Association
WWA Welterweight Championship (1 time)
WWA Trios Championship (1 time)– with Chavo Guerrero and Mando Guerrero

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWE Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times)– with Chavo Guerrero (2), Tajiri (1), and Rey Mysterio (1)
WWE United States Championship (1 time)
WWF European Championship (2 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

Eleventh Triple Crown Champion

Sixth Grand Slam Championship

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best on Interviews (2005)
Feud of the Year (1994) with Art Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo and Octagón
Feud of the Year (1995) vs. Dean Malenko
Most Charismatic (2004, 2005)
Tag Team of the Year (1994) with Art Barr as La Pareja del Terror
Tag Team of the Year (2002) with Chavo Guerrero as Los Guerreros
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

Batista's Championships and accomplishments

Ohio Valley Wrestling
OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
PWI Wrestler of the Year (2005)
PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005

World Wrestling Entertainment
World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
World Tag Team Championship (3 times)– with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
WWE Championship (2 times)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Rey Mysterio
Royal Rumble (2005)

Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Triple H
Feud of the Year (2007) vs. The Undertaker
Most Overrated (2006)

Ok, I just compared their body of work and accomplishments

Eddie Guerrero's Championships and accomplishments

Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
AAA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Art Barr
AAA Hall of Fame (Class of 2008)

Extreme Championship Wrestling
ECW World Television Championship (2 times)

Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South
IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Latin American Wrestling Association
LAWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

New Japan Pro Wrestling
NJPW Junior Heavyweight Super Grade Tag League Championship (1 time) – with The Great Sasuke
Best of the Super Juniors (1996)

Pro Wrestling Federation
PWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Hector Guerrero

PWI Comeback of the Year (1999)
PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2002, 2004)
PWI Stanley Weston Award (2005)
PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004.

World Championship Wrestling
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (2 times)
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling All-Stars
WWA International Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Association
WWA Welterweight Championship (1 time)
WWA Trios Championship (1 time)– with Chavo Guerrero and Mando Guerrero

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWE Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times)– with Chavo Guerrero (2), Tajiri (1), and Rey Mysterio (1)
WWE United States Championship (1 time)
WWF European Championship (2 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

Eleventh Triple Crown Champion

Sixth Grand Slam Championship

Best on Interviews (2005)
Feud of the Year (1994) with Art Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo and Octagón
Feud of the Year (1995) vs. Dean Malenko
Most Charismatic (2004, 2005)
Tag Team of the Year (1994) with Art Barr as La Pareja del Terror
Tag Team of the Year (2002) with Chavo Guerrero as Los Guerreros
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2006)

Batista's Championships and accomplishments

Ohio Valley Wrestling
OVW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
PWI Wrestler of the Year (2005)
PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005

World Wrestling Entertainment
World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
World Tag Team Championship (3 times)– with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
WWE Championship (2 times)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Rey Mysterio
Royal Rumble (2005)

Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Triple H
Feud of the Year (2007) vs. The Undertaker
Most Overrated (2006)

Ok, I just compared their body of work and accomplishments

Dude, Wrestling observer newsletter are you serious. World Wrestling All-stars, PWF , man come on!! Man ok, that crap doesn't matter, bottomline is those are very small things that don't hold water. What counts is the big one. batista has been WORLD Champ 7-8 times, Guerrero once or twice if that. What faction was Guerrero in, what royal rumble has Guerrero won, oh let me guess the PWF royal rumble or newsletter of the year. Batista is a huge loss if he leaves wwe whether you like him or not.

Dude, Wrestling observer newsletter are you serious. World Wrestling All-stars, PWF , man come on!! Man ok, that crap doesn't matter, bottomline is those are very small things that don't hold water. What counts is the big one. batista has been WORLD Champ 7-8 times, Guerrero once or twice if that. What faction was Guerrero in, what royal rumble has Guerrero won, oh let me guess the PWF royal rumble or newsletter of the year. Batista is a huge loss if he leaves wwe whether you like him or not.

Ok, it looks like you and I will just have to agree to disagree on who made a bigger impact on the world of professional wrestling with their career. I'm not a Batista hater by any means, and I will concede that Batista has been a bigger player in the main event scene due to his look, size, etc. But when it comes down to comparing careers, I just don't believe that Batista can hold a candle to Eddie Guerrero. Batista will surely be missed if and when he leaves, but not on the same scale as Latino Heat, IMO.

Oh, on a side note: Those lists were compiled from Wikipedia and not meant to imply that I put stock in stuff like awards from newsletters, although I'm sure some people do. I just cited it because you said Batista had a larger body of work/accomplishments.

Ok, it looks like you and I will just have to agree to disagree on who made a bigger impact on the world of professional wrestling with their career. I'm not a Batista hater by any means, and I will concede that Batista has been a bigger player in the main event scene due to his look, size, etc. But when it comes down to comparing careers, I just don't believe that Batista can hold a candle to Eddie Guerrero. Batista will surely be missed if and when he leaves, but not on the same scale as Latino Heat, IMO.

Oh, on a side note: Those lists were compiled from Wikipedia and not meant to imply that I put stock in stuff like awards from newsletters, although I'm sure some people do. I just cited it because you said Batista had a larger body of work/accomplishments.

Ok, i respect your opinion, Guerrero had a great career but so did Batista in a much shorter time. My whole point was to everyone that was saying that Batista will be forgotten in a short period of time and all the negative Batista this and Batista that comments. I don't like things about Batista either, but his career speaks for itself. Those same people are going to want him to come back when he leaves.

Batista is a big power player and got some good heat at the moment but i went off Batista when i watched Batista V Jericho in a cage match and i must say i was massively disappointed. Jericho can work well with anyone but he had to try so hard with Batista because he is so slow and clumsy it made both men look bad imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back