• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldust's Twitter: "I am retired. Byeeeeee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
So it appears that Goldust has decided to hang up his boots... which is a shame, because he got back into really good shape when he returned to the WWE, and had a really good ECW run in which he looked the best he had in years. He also demonstrated that he's really good on the mic still after all these years, and was even the first WWE wrestler to defeat Sheamus.

Sure, he was never a WWE Champion, but when he was on his game, he always brought it and did whatever he could to ensure that he was worth watching. After they transitioned the character out of being a legitimate threat and being a creep, he still worked hard to make the character work, doing some great comedy segments. When he became more of a comedy character, he still worked some fun matches, and his backstage segments were usually funny (either from when he had Tourrette's, and then there was his best work with Booker T, which was so great that it even led to a tag title run). He was a very valuable member of the WWE roster, and was usually involved in the leadup to big angles. Despite being a comedy character, he also did a damn good job of making the fans care about him and even feel bad for him when things didn't go his way. He was damn good at his job as well, taking the Goldust character from the edginess he had in the mid 90s to the current PG era.

I really hope that Goldust continues to take a role with the WWE in a backstage capacity. He had a moderately successful wrestling career, where he has done a lot for the WWE, and he doesn't deserve to be working in the indies for little to no money when I'm sure there's a lot that he can pass on to younger talent as far as in-ring ability goes, to the intricacies of ring psychology, as well as managing your life out of the ring.

I actually liked his character when it was originaly introduced. That an Marlena was/is smoking hot the way she handled that cigar. The character had an edge to it an his opening fued with Scott Hall was great. He has been a sad case the last few years though.

:(

Damn shame. I was always a Goldust fan. He was interesting and unique, and could still go in the ring and on the mic. The fans still loved him, and he lit up a crowd every time he walked through that curtain. I was holding out hope that he'd have a feud with Cody, or even one last reign with some title.

He had a good career. I hope he stays with the WWE, because he can really teach the youngins how to connect with a crowd. He routinely got great reactions on ECW, and even on RAW when he was used to put people over.

Sad, but I guess nothing lasts forever.

Well I cant say I didnt see this coming.

The guy hasnt wrestled a meaningful match in a very long time. Him and Yoshi Tatsu got on a very short roll together as a team, but that was gone about right when it started. After the switch to NXT from ECW, he was placed on RAW and was only used in the comedy skits. He wasnt like Santino where he still has time to leave that part of the show and make a good run. He was at the end of his career and the remainder of it was going to be in comedy skits. It was good for him to hang up the boots now.

He was an incredibly unique character. He used to give me nightmares when I was a kid. He was always incredibly underrated by the viewers but always appreciated by the people backstage. He had a pretty decent career and lasted a very long time. He should be proud of himself.

This is a shame. I'm glad I got to see Goldust one last time this past Monday during the dark main event and in the Superstars match to begin the night. Goldust was one of the great characters of wrestling and recently he hasn't been used much, but he has been in the best shape he has been in a while and he could still go in the ring.

Like others have said I hope he stays put with the WWE and works a backstage role and teach the young guys a thing or two about ring psychology and how to perfect a character. I truly believe Goldust is one of the most underrated performers of the last 20 or so years.

I'm pretty disappointed that he retired, I thought when he was drafted to RAW we would see at least one last push maybe for the Tag Titles, he had pretty good momentum when ECW switched to NXT.

I wasn't a big fan of his when he first came and I absolutely hated him when he teamed with Luna and feuded with Sable and Marc Mero (I had such a huge crush on Sable then). But when he returned several years ago and teamed with Booker T, I started to appreciate him more, at first it was nostalgia effect but his run with Booker was very well done and was a great storyline.

Anyone remember when he was fucking Dark Reign in TNA, his out fit was basically the exact same thing as Goldust but with silver and black. And they teamed him with Rellik and I believe James Mitchell.

Even his early career as Dustin Rhodes was fairly memorable, he put an amazing match on with Steve Austin in WCW.

He was a great and unique character, one of the most creative and outlandish characters in Wrestling History. I'm sad he's retiring and he will be missed. I'm also glad he got to retire on his own terms and didn't retire from injury or dying like so many others have.

First of all, damn good post man. You did a fine ass job of putting it together. Second, I was at the SmackDown/ECW taping in Cincinnati and I saw Goldust team with Christian and Yoshi Tatsu against Regal, Kozlov and Jackson and that was a damn good match. Goldust got us into the match as much as Christian and held his own the entire way. It was great to see him one last time.

Now onto the matter at hand. This is a damn shame. Goldust has been fairly loyal to the WWE. Yeah he went to TNA, but that was such a p.o.s over there, I'll ignore that time in the company. Goldust debuted and I was super young, like 5 or 6 I think, but I remember him and Scott Hall barely and the guy freaked me out. His unique persona and style or wrestling was just something I haven't seen duplicated to this day. I really hope someone takes a few pages from his book and tries some of his moves out because it got the crowd into the matches. In his later years, Goldust was just so damn funny. I could watch him and Booker T on WWE t.v. the rest of my life and not complain. I mean watching him was usually fun.

Another title run would've been nice or something with Cody, but I remember his feud with Sheamus like it was yesterday and I have to say Goldust did a hell of a job on ECW at the time. He could really do wonders if Vince gives him a shot backstage. After getting in great shape and still getting over to a degree, it's all over...so long Goldust...you will be missed.

i'm still pretty new to these internet sites. sooo, i'm not sure which stuff is legit, how much of it is, what's a work, etc.
that said, i've also read that there is a chance that this is a work or that Goldust was using his twitter account (like all WWE Superstars are supposed to do) in character. if that's the case, perhaps he's not retiring after all.

this is all speculation and perhaps just some wishful thinking since i think Goldust is super unique and gifted at what he does. Goldust is an amazing talent both in the ring and on the mic. and he seems to be a pretty good guy outside the ring as well. that combination is not found often.

i'd really like to see a "rocky" -esque angle with Goldust. i think he could pull it off well and maybe even allow for Dusty Rhodes to come back in a minor role and give Cody Rhodes some additional exposure.
have Goldust say that he's gonna retire soon, like in a year, but before he does, he wants to win the title that has always eluded him. so he goes into training. this is where you bring in Dusty Rhodes, as his son's trainer. still not sure how Cody would be used, but there are more creative people in the world out there and i'm sure someone could think of something.
then let Goldust work up the ranks and challenge for the title at a big event, like Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. when he doesn't win, give him one last shot and build it all the way up to Summer Slam. then let Goldust win there, retain it for a few months, then lose the belt and retire a happy man.

it'd kinda be like the Tommy Dreamer angle with the ECW belt, but with a wrestler that is way over with the fans and for a belt that more people care about. just a thought. i think Goldie could pull it off and i think the WWE Universe would go nuts for it.

For some reason, I don't believe this. I have been following his twitter for a long time now, and sometimes he says things that are truly weird and out of the blue. Sometimes on accident, he replies to people making a joke, and accidently doesn't put their name first. So this could be a bizzare accident. I can't see the guy just randomly retiring without having a sendoff. Atleast have him come out to the ring and say goodbye, not just a random "I'm done" tweet. As for the "byeeee" tweet, he always does that when he goes off twitter. But anyway, I just feel as if this was taken wrongly and he isn't retired. But I will be very sad if he did retire because he did deserve one last good fued, and not a loss to Zack and Primo. Now that's just disgusting. Atleast have him put someone over. (hence his brother!!!) He has tweeted tons of times saying he would like to fued with his brother. But yeah, he was very underrated, and he deserved alot more than he got. Alot more.

This sucks. I really hoped that one day he could havd re-debuted as himself again and end his career on a serious note. It's a damn shame really that no promotion ever allowed him to be himself other than a brief run as The Natural in WCW. He was really good at portraying his assignments and that I think was his downfall, he was too good at it. The son of the American Dream deserves better. If that no talent no charisma having brother of his can be taken seriously as himself, why not Dustin.

Well..I'm going to miss this Bizarre human being...

He made me laugh more than anyone...and I will remember him for Dustin Rhodes and Goldust, also the artist formely known as Goldust...he was just amazing...some young fans may look back and think he didn't achieve anything, but to be honest he did back in the 90's, he was a strong mid carder for the WWE...having string feuds and amazing matches..he was good in the ring as well..

I do hope aswell that he stays backstage, i'm sure WWE can come up with something for him to do backstage, like they got Malenko and some others doing, obviously without the costume and face paint but at least he will still be there...

Hey, Goldust for HoF 2011, he was in WCW wasn't he??

It's also a shame we won't see a feud between the half-brothers or maybe even a tag title run..

Go read his twitter he is not retired. Love how everyone analyzes every little thing. This is ridiculous that anyone thinks he would't have a send off after all he did in the WWE. Even dreamer had a send off and he's done allot less then goldust. I'll quote what he said, "Don't u just love the internet......NO I'M NOT RETRIRED...........NEVER" Case in point jumping to conclusions

Go read his twitter he is not retired. Love how everyone analyzes every little thing. This is ridiculous that anyone thinks he would't have a send off after all he did in the WWE. Even dreamer had a send off and he's done allot less then goldust. I'll quote what he said, "Don't u just love the internet......NO I'M NOT RETRIRED...........NEVER" Case in point jumping to conclusions

Yeah, because him saying he's retired on his Twitter is obviously internet fans taking something out of context, jumping to conclusions, and making up rumors. There's no reason to think that given the "I am retired. Byeeeee" posts that he's retiring! No reason to think that at all!

In all honesty....so what?

Goldust has meant nothing for years now other than a potential feud with his brother that never came. He hasn't had a character in forever and is a jobber to the stars if there ever has been one. Now that's all fine and good, but it's also easily replaced. He's still reliable in the ring but there's just not enough there anymore for him to mean anything. I won't really miss him, but he's never been annoying or overstayed his welcome or anything, which is a lot more than some people can say.

If you follow Goldust he "jokes around"... ALOT and I assumed myself he hadn't retired just like that.

B4 his "retired" tweet he mentions his brother had recently turn 47 (assuming he was mentioning Cody). Is Cody 47? NO he jokes a lot in his twitter page. Dont believe everything you see in the web.

A few minutes ago, Goldust tweeted "Heck no I'm not retired...I'm in my prime".

I'm not sure what to think now. Reading the rest of his tweets you can tell that Goldust is either in character, or a very strange person. This retiring thing could have been a misspelling of "tired", as he mentioned he was tired before he tweeted about retiring. Or he could be playing a prank.

He may as well be retired, though, for all he's used on RAW.

This is a shame if he was to retire, i really enjoy his work since his WWE return, he kept his old gimmick, his over with the fans, and for a guy his age he is still very good in the ring, he has so much charisma and prescence on the mic as well. The younger guys are lucky to work with a veteran like him, hopefully he will be in a feud now with Cody, i want to see that as so do other people.

Yeah, because him saying he's retired on his Twitter is obviously internet fans taking something out of context, jumping to conclusions, and making up rumors. There's no reason to think that given the "I am retired. Byeeeee" posts that he's retiring! No reason to think that at all!

Goldusy has said that he is "retired" before on Twitter. He says it after he mentions that he's tired. Pretty sure it's a play on words, since he still talks about being on the top of his game, etc. Understandable error, though. No one needs to get their golden body suits in a bunch.

i to will miss goldie, his feud with piper was awesome, then when he got paired up with booker t was just funny, especially that promo with the rock, booker t, and goldie, after stone cold quit on wwe, til this day that still makes me laugh, with the rock telling him why do you have to touch your chest stop it

wow some of you are thick. do a little bit of research, he hasn't retired.

http://twitter.com/WWEGoldust

"Don't u just love the internet......NO I'M NOT RETRIRED...........NEVER"

"Why heck no I'm not retired.....I'm in my prime"

besides, if he were to retire, they'd find a way to write him off, they'd give him some sort of sendoff.

Like a few others have said, Goldust is definitley not retired, he was either making a joke, or accidentally typed "retired" when he meant to say "tired". Goldust is always joking around in his tweets and constantly writing sloppy tweets that are very hard to understand. Thankfully, 'Dust is gonna still be around, lets just hope the man can get some TV time.

The great thing about Goldust, is his ability to put over and help young talent as he realises he's done all he can in WWE, but thats not to say he has nothing to offer, because he sure as hell does in the form of experience and even forming a sibling rivalry with Cody. Goldust at least has a couple or so more years to offer plenty to WWE.

It was a good run. I had always liked Goldust. He was never the most entertaining or had the best ring skills, but he was always consistent from his debut until now. It doesn't come as much of a surprise, as he hasn't been involved in anything somewhat close to being important in a while. However, in the rare instances where he was used, he proved that he still was a great performer and talker. He will be missed by me.

I dont think this is true he may of been joking because i just saw him on raw run out with the rest of the locker room to help fight nexus. If it is true that sucks i have always liked goldust it sucks they never gave him a a major title push

He wrestled in a dark match last night before RAW so he's still there in the locker room. It was just a joke or whatever when he posted that. But there's no need to worry about ol' "Goldie" because he put on a decent dark match last night at the RAW showing here in Nashville.

I'll be quite honest with you as a fan who's watched for well over 25 years now, it was a bit of an honor to see him finally wrestle in person for once. I've always missed him when I've been to live events up until last night. He's a great person and even somewhat of a legend who is still just as weird as ever!

Michael Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back