• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldberg to TNA?

I am not sure this means TNA necessarily. If he might face Batista this could be a Japanese show of some kind like the Angle-Lesnar match a while back.

I do think it would be awesome if a heel Batista came in and ended Crimson's streak and then Goldberg showed up though.

Gah, does he really need to say WWE can kiss my ass? I've been going to bat for this guy for a long time, but that doesn't help anything. Little annoyed.

It'll be great to see him in the ring... if possible. Maybe on youtube in a few months.

One of these days I'm really going to have to figure out WHEN Impact is on TV. I can never figure it out. My local carrier f**king sucks.

Goldberg on going on an overseas tour with some other big name wrestlers.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Former WWE and WCW superstar Bill Goldberg has been teasing that he’ll be returning to the ring later this year – and it appears Goldberg’s return will take place in the African Congo.

Goldberg recently shot a promotional video for an October show in the African Congo, billed as the “Rumble in the Jungle II” – playing up the legendary “Rumble in the Jungle” championship boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Forman back in 1974.

During the promo video, Goldberg says the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo is backing the event and helped convince him to come out of retirement.

Several other big names are being promoted for the show including Batista, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, MVP, Matt Hardy, Shawn Daivari and Shelton Benjamin.

Maybe its not wrestling at all. Batista was trying to break into MMA until Strikeforce was bought. Maybe they both found another place to go.

Batista already stated that he wouldn't go to TNA, but he also said he wasn't returning to WWE right now cause he wasn't happy with the way things were playing out. So the idea of Batista vs. Goldberg is merely that... an idea. Unless they can persuade them. Goldberg talking trash about WWE doesn't mean anything really... He's probably mad that he wasn't undefeated or something like that. However, many times it's been pointed out that he had a very strong year with the WWE.
It's just dumb of him to insult the WWE like that if he ever wants to wrestle for a big paycheck. TNA can pay him, yea and people will tune in to see him, but numbers don't lie.

"WWE can kiss my ass"

To be honest, I doubt WWE has much interest in signing a 44 year old man who hasn't wrestled a match in 7 years.

Goldberg has always seemed to think he is bigger than he actually is. He has made it quite clear he wasn't happy with his run in WWE, (even though they put him over half the roster including Rock, Lesnar, HHH, Y2J, Kane and more)

Personally, I think it will be with TNA, what with him and Bischoff being close. I imagine he'll face Crimson at BFG and put him over.

"Maybe Batista"

I dunno, I thought Batista was heading into MMA? :S

It's well documented that Goldberg doesn't like or respect Crimson, so I doubt he would ever put over Crimson. He may join TNA on the condition that he's the one to break Crimson's streak, but even that I doubt.

Its well documented that Goldberg is part of the lineup of guys who will be appearing in Zaire for an anniversary show paying homage to the original Rumble in the Jungle. Batista, Jericho, Goldberg plus many former attitude era stars are scheduled for the show. This is what Goldberg is talkingh about, he has ZERO INTENTION of ever appearing in TNA.

I'll tell you now, that WWE ''kiss my ass'' comment will come back to haunt Goldberg. Whenever this part-time gig finishes up, and he has absolutely nothing to do, he'll be BEGGING the WWE to take on a Legends contract. Silly boy.
Anyway, back on topic. I doubt he'll debut with TNA, I was prettu sure he was actually going to, but that little Batista comment and what Mazzarotti said have me thinking more towards Mixed Martial Arts, knowing Batista's strikeforce background. But hey, this may just be a red herring, and he may appear on WWE or TNA or wherever.

Its well documented that Goldberg is part of the lineup of guys who will be appearing in Zaire for an anniversary show paying homage to the original Rumble in the Jungle. Batista, Jericho, Goldberg plus many former attitude era stars are scheduled for the show. This is what Goldberg is talkingh about, he has ZERO INTENTION of ever appearing in TNA.

This

I'd say the likelyhood of him appearing in TNA is No Chance In Hell. more likely if anywhere else other than this one time gig, it'd be All Japan. Least he can make mega bucks over there and it's not run by Vince or Bischoff

It's a huge shame really, cos Goldberg could be great for TNA.
They could keep making references to him because of Crimson, then one day he shows up on Impact talking shit about TNA being a small promotion trying to leech off a megastar like him, then he could mow down a bunch of the mid carders with ease and then begin taking out guys like Flair, Hogan, Steiner, RVD etc... saying if they want one last shot at him their career has to be on the line. Goldberg clears the deck of all these old people and also squashes a few people that need to be cut from the roster, until he's built up into some unstoppable force (conveniently keeping him away from stars like Robert Roode, Gunner etc so as not to squash them or expose a weakness in Goldberg) then when he has mowed down enough people feed him to Crimson for the big win to keep Crimson's streak intact.

I don't think we will be seeing Goldberg in TNA.
I'd love to see him face Sting again, they had great matches in WCW and they could further a great rivalry
He will be great for TNA if they put him on, i mean it isn't 100% not happening, but it isn't likely. Would love to see him put over Roode or someone up and coming

Rumble In The Jungle II it could be but to i found this elsewhere about the planned event.

Several other big names are being promoted for the show including Kurt Angle, MVP, Matt Hardy, Batista, Shawn Daivari, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair and Shelton Benjamin. At least one of those names knew nothing about the show when contacted and another said his manager was contacted but turned it down.

So if this is going to happen or it is just a promoter using big names without there knowledge to sell tickets , But i do think other then WWE the Congo government has the money to pay for him even know i think it would be more well spent on there people then Goldberg

Goldberg is 44 years old and hasn't wrestled regularly since he left WWE in 2004. Besides, TNA couldn't afford to pay him what he'd want to come in for a year. He's done very well for himself outside of wrestling and doesn't need to put himself through the grind, not to mention that he got hurt a lot during his career.

Not really sure if it is for this Rumble in the Jungle event. Why would he be talking contracts if it were for a one off show? Don't you just get 'booked' if you are on the independent scene, not sign any contracts?

The fact a contract is involved in this makes me think he will be showing up in a mainstream promotion in the near future.

This is one of those scenarios where goldberg said WWE can kiss his ass!! No Bill you got it wrong WWE doesnt have to kiss your ass you have to kiss thiers!! Who in the hell does this guy think he is?? Seriously bill your nothing anymore!! You should have stayed in the WWE you didnt even stick around longer than a cup of coffee!! So let me gets this straight you wont go to the WWE or TNA!! Where are you gonna go then?? Japan no you think your bigger than that!! MMA god this is where i hope he ends up only because i wanna see someone beat the living shit out of him!! I cant stand Goldberg im dont defending the guy screw him

CM Punk was telling the WWE to kiss ass in so many words a month ago. WWE seems to be promoting rebel characters as of lately. A Goldberg match in the WWE is not out of the realm. Goldberg as an enforcer for Punk in a small run would be great television. Goldberg is not the one for promos. But is one for kicking ass.

If Goldberg was coming back they (WWE) would probably hype it up. Kinda like the Undertaker 2/21/11 thing they did. Hes not a type of person to be making demands. He can most certainly draw and at the time when Goldberg was going in the WWE, his fued with HHH was at the time where HHH was putting himself over everyone and Evolution was at its peak.

Believe me I love Goldberg, i was too young to see him at his peak, as well as being a huge WWE only supporter(naive kid i was) I only cared about WWE. Even when he came back and beat Rocky i was pissed. I would always welcome Goldberg, he was one of WCW's best, not in the ring but presence. But if he really wants to come to WWE, he better listen and not make insults unless its a work.

He also lost weight so he could be in perfect shape and still look dominant. Oh and he has to use his WCW theme. It was so awesome!

Only thing is who is he gonna go against? Will he go over or put someone over? Sheamus fued!? maybe!

Im sorry i just realized i didnt answer the topic...Damn i got carried away and hopeful for GB to go WWE. I wouldnt really care if he went to TNA. I think it could help TNA's image a ton since GoldBerg was a huge draw at the time. So maybe he can fued with Crimson, Gunner, Sting, Angle. There are alot of people he can go against and he is a champion, even just being a 1 time champ in WCW. He is a draw thats all i got for him and TNA i guess.

Boy this Thread is full with WWE fanboys! I just don't know how someone could say kiss my ass and somebody could actually think Goldberg's coming to the WWE! What part of Kiss my ass WWE, Didn't you guys get?

It's amazing everytime a star like Goldberg has a chance to go TNA, WWE fanboys start crying about it, why should you care the WWE is number 1, why do you need Goldberg? is it you just don't want to take the chance that Goldberg might Actually help TNA?

Well this is going to Happen IMO because A couple of months ago Hogan had a car Spray painted with goldberg's name on the side of it TNA likes to give Hints in their stories. And on top that Crimson and Goldberg recently had a Twitter feud that could easily be used to build a storyline upon.

So people relax Goldberg is TNA bound and I'm personally looking forward to it! prediction Goldberg vs Crimson at Bound for Glory!

Boy this Thread is full with WWE fanboys! I just don't know how someone could say kiss my ass and somebody could actually think Goldberg's coming to the WWE! What part of Kiss my ass WWE, Didn't you guys get?

It's amazing everytime a star like Goldberg has a chance to go TNA, WWE fanboys start crying about it, why should you care the WWE is number 1, why do you need Goldberg? is it you just don't want to take the chance that Goldberg might Actually help TNA?

Well this is going to Happen IMO because A couple of months ago Hogan had a car Spray painted with goldberg's name on the side of it TNA likes to give Hints in their stories. And on top that Crimson and Goldberg recently had a Twitter feud that could easily be used to build a storyline upon.

So people relax Goldberg is TNA bound and I'm personally looking forward to it! prediction Goldberg vs Crimson at Bound for Glory!

Gotta agree, i HOPE Goldberg shows up in TNA. And what a better place to debut than at BFG in Philly ! I got my tix and must say as a true old-school WCW fan, it would be awesome if somehow they can get him in the house ! Also, some folks may have forgotten that little helicopter ride w/ Bischoff & Goldberg. If so, check YouTube.

ehhh i cant see him going to impact wrestling theres no need for it if he shows up there hes just gonna ruin what little legacy he has in this business would be very stupid on his part

Gah, does he really need to say WWE can kiss my ass? I've been going to bat for this guy for a long time, but that doesn't help anything. Little annoyed.
Didnt HBK and HHH bury him in an interview? They basically said his career isnt HOF worthy which is ridiculous. Hes also put it out there that he wants back into the wrestling biz so that his kid can see him wrestle and apparently WWE wanted nothing to do with that.
--------------------------------------------

I dont think its TNA if hes going to face Batista. It could be MMA. Batista has voiced his displeasure with being in the wrestling biz on Twitter, I dont think he would step back into the ring at this point, especially for TNA. But never say never, although they could go somewhere else like Japan or an Indy company that needs the exposure and make it more meaningful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back