• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Goldberg Says TNA Tried To Sign Him A Few Days Ago

Yes, because using guys who starred in other companies have been a monumental failure.

Such as Hulk Hogan's WCW run, Kurt Angle joining TNA, Christian in TNA, or Ted DiBiase, Mr Perfect, Rick Rude and numerous others who went from another company to WWE. None of them worked out, did they? (sarcasm).

Also, WWE signing "Stunning" Steve Austin, Terra Ryzing and "Mean" Mark Callous from WCW didn't do anything for their careers or WWE either.

But if you would rather try to sell a wrestling show to a TV station and advertisers without one well-known name, then go ahead. Hell, I bet NXT wouldn't get TV time if it wasn't a WWE feeder league.

You clearly missed the "in this case" caveat that was attached to my post. I didn't say TNA should stay away from any one who has touched another company. I said in this case they should stay away from Goldberg.

In 2008 or 2009 I'd have been singing a different tune. In 2016 that song is sung.

TNA can probably expect to lose the Hardys in 2016 along with Kurt Angle, but there is still enough there to sell. Namely Lashley, Galloway, Roode, Gail Kim and EC3. Plus whomever they may end up bringing in as free agents. We still won't know what the status of those talents might be.

We also don't know if they can actually extend both Hardys or not.

Yes, because using guys who starred in other companies have been a monumental failure.

Such as Hulk Hogan's WCW run, Kurt Angle joining TNA, Christian in TNA, or Ted DiBiase, Mr Perfect, Rick Rude and numerous others who went from another company to WWE. None of them worked out, did they?

Also, WWE signing "Stunning" Steve Austin, Terra Ryzing and "Mean" Mark Callous from WCW didn't do anything for their careers or WWE either.

But if you would rather try to sell a wrestling show to a TV station and advertisers without one well-known name, then go ahead. Hell, I bet NXT wouldn't get TV time if it wasn't a WWE feeder league.

Let me start by addressing your mention of Austin, Triple H and Undertaker in WCW. They were mid carders. Nobody knew their potential - well Austin always had potential but they weren't already established main eventers. I couldn't have looked at Undertaker in '89 and said he was a star - excuse me I mean, "Mean" Mark. Triple H was teaming with Regal? They were all repackaged once they got to WWE.

Those guys you mentioned like Hogan, Christian and Angle also didn't take an extended period away from the business itself demanding their own money. Goldberg been away from over a decade, perhaps?

I don't doubt that he's physically fit to compete but what does he do for the company other than be a temporary draw? You won't get anything beyond that. No decent matches, no putting over anyone, nada. TNA has to learn that one of their biggest misfortunes is lack of homegrown talent and relying so much on WWE's leftovers. Of course they had a few of their homegrown talent but ultimately what did Hogan, Flair, Nash, Booker T and those guys do to elevate company for the future? The point is Goldberg is no different. No point in trying to sign a near 50 year old guy whose drawing power hasn't been tested in over a decade.

I'm gonna start by saying I haven't watched TNA in years.

That being said Bill Goldberg won't make me wanna watch again. I saw his run in WWE and was mildly impressed (probably because I missed him in WCW).

It's 2015 and the last thing they need is someone who won't work full time. For me personally what they need is homegrown stars that will be seen every week.

They can hire Goldberg if they want but it won't do any good and I still won't be watching

:lmao:

You do that.

But I bet a lot more people will. You don't have the luxury to have stars of this magnitude every day.

Why are you mentioning WWE & WCW? This is about Bill Goldberg going to TNA which as stated would do nothing for anyone.

Everyone you mentioned was jumping to and fro when there was competition and viewers wanted to see who would jump ship.

Today in 2016 Goldberg hasn't been relevant in at least a decade if not more and TNA is not competition.

What does "relevant" even mean in this case?

You have this big intense dude plowing through wrestlers, it doesn't matter if WCW does not exist anymore, it's gonna be entertaining to watch.

:lmao:

You do that.

But I bet a lot more people will. You don't have the luxury to have stars of this magnitude every day.
I fail to see what's so funny about what I said but I digress.

I'll give you a little bit in the fact people will tune in to see Goldberg, he's a man with star power.

However the build and push they would more than likely give him would be a complete waste in the fact that he would not stay. He is nothing more than a part timer who would come in for a pay day and leave.

That is the absolute last thing TNA needs. What they need (and it's been said before, in this thread even) are stars they can build the company around. I've heard they've done great by EC3 and that Micheal Bennett is in line for a good push come his debut. That's what they need not another miniscule ratings pop that Goldberg would give them.
What does "relevant" even mean in this case?

You have this big intense dude plowing through wrestlers, it doesn't matter if WCW does not exist anymore, it's gonna be entertaining to watch.
Relevant meaning no one cares. Yes it will be a little bit entertaining for a short time span but in the long run it does nothing but feed Bill Goldberg's ego.

I fail to see what's so funny about what I said but I digress.

I'll give you a little bit in the fact people will tune in to see Goldberg, he's a man with star power.

However the build and push they would more than likely give him would be a complete waste in the fact that he would not stay. He is nothing more than a part timer who would come in for a pay day and leave.

That is the absolute last thing TNA needs. What they need (and it's been said before, in this thread even) are stars they can build the company around. I've heard they've done great by EC3 and that Micheal Bennett is in line for a good push come his debut. That's what they need not another miniscule ratings pop that Goldberg would give them.

Relevant meaning no one cares. Yes it will be a little bit entertaining for a short time span but in the long run it does nothing but feed Bill Goldberg's ego.

They need a lot of things and they can't be choosers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back