Goldberg and Bischoff: A Sign of Things To Come?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
http://www.twitvid.com/4BJNT

Video of Goldberg and Eric Bischoff in a helicopter.

Does this mean Goldberg and Impact Wrestling are still negotiating?
I think if anything, Goldberg would want to use IW as a bargaining chip when negotiating with the WWE.

I think it's only a matter of time before we see Goldberg back in wrestling because he wants his kid to see him wrestle on a grand stage at least once.
Goldberg might see WWE as the only place that fits, but with Cena entangled already in a one off sort of match with The Rock, does Goldberg really want whosever left? Does he want to lose to Taker at Mania?

Impact Wrestling gives Goldberg a dream match in Kurt Angle, in which Goldberg could even come out on top. And if you want a match for the ages, Kurt Angle is the guy you want to be up against.

Goldberg is a huge attraction and I don't think it would hurt IW to bring him in(well, may be in the wallet.)

After Goldberg tweeted that vid his next tweet read something like "A sign that the world is coming to an end..."

Interesting, actually.

I can see it happening. TNA/Panda/Spike/whoever would definitely back up the cash truck to grab this guy. Would it be a HUGE deal, in terms of ratings/PPV buys/national interest? Probably not. But, if Goldberg knows WWE wants nothing to do with him outside of a HOF induction, I see no reason for him to avoid TNA.

TNA's Eric Bischoff stated on his Facebook account last night that he arrived in New York City for meetings this weekend.

He wrote: "Just arrived in NYC for meetings over the weekend. Some pretty exciting stuff happening. Going to try and get in a 3 mile run before my first meeting tonight and try out this new pair of NIKE Frees! I have been wanting to try."

One of his meetings included an encounter with Bill Goldberg.

The former WCW World Heavyweight Champion posted a video on his Twitter account this morning of himself and Bischoff flying above New York City in a helicopter. He then posted after that: "The last tweet was a sign of the end of the world...." - NoDq

I'm all for him coming to Impact Wrestling. Hope he's not to rusty, cause I actually liked his move set, just hope he doesn't end someones career ... again.

It seems like no one is really going to boost TNA/IW's ratings, but I think people would definitely be interested with this. Though it might just be the 1 or 2 million people that already watch Impact Wrestling.

I have to give Impact Wrestlng for trying. They've reached out to all the big names and made the effort and they haven't nearly the resources WWE does, not to knock WWE, but just to point out that it's not like they are a Fortune 500 company and I think Panda wants to see results before they start really shelling out the dough.

-you know what, we may see goldberg in tna for a lil while. he is 44, wwe most likely wouldnt bother letting him wrestle now cause they like the youth movement (dont question this, yes taker is in his 40's and wrestling but he is almost finished i would say 1 more match in him then rip deadman).
-at least tna would use goldberg (cause ytou know let old guys wrestle in their ring and what not). he does appear to be in great physical physique though, with that said if goldberg is in the wwe i would watch goldberg wrestle.
-oh and as for the comment *the world is coming to an end* thats just another fucked up theory that some bible maniac has come up with to scare everyone *rolls eyes*.

-oh and as for the comment *the world is coming to an end* thats just another fucked up theory that some bible maniac has come up with to scare everyone *rolls eyes*.

I know about that. I think Goldberg was being ironic and tying that in with him meeting Bischoff.

Like "The world must be coming to an end if I'm meeting with Bischoff and (probably) discussing signing with Impact Wrestling." Since Goldberg has been said to consider TNA/Impact Wrestling as the minor leagues and he has wanted his last matches to be in WWE and probably at Wrestlemania.

He also doesn't seem to be to fond of Biscoff and Hogan, which I don't understand, since Bischoff probably had something to do with Goldberg's success.

For him, I thinking meeting with Bischoff and negotiating with Impact wrestling is kind of like a hell freezing over/last resort type of thing.

I like Bischoff and I wouldn't be surprised if he was pitching a tv show/movie role along with an Impact Wrestling contract, since him and Jason Hervey are in that business as well. I still think it's funny "Wayne Arnold" from the Wonder Years is the guy who shoots the backstage footage for Impact.

wayne-arnold.jpg

It's all about conditionning. He's renound as a bad or rather unsafe worker and at the age of 44 that might further exploit his weaknesses. He is still a huge aquisition because he's one of those guys who isn't married to the business, he knows he doesn't need to be involved and will walk is negotiations turn sour so he is far from guaranteed yet.

But at the age of 44 he is just about on the cusp of being able to go at the same standard he once did, he has a simple moveset and I think he's one of those guys that would keep themselves in good conditioning after his retirement. I think there is a vid of him and Kimbo Slice working out on some programme he worked for and he still pulled through without having a routine.

All in all he's a good solid purchase for about a year or so. Just like his WWE run he can't really have much longetivty because 1) He doesn't care enough that he'll re-negotiate if he doesn't like the place his character is going and 2) He is reaching the very end of acceptable age for performers, the years away from the ring will have kept his body in good condition but even with that he won't last too long at his age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back