Go Green Ranger Go! Official HGR Thread

So HGR, as somebody who just got back into comic books I have to ask you a couple questions.

DC or Marvel? (Although its kind of obvious from your signature)

Favorite ongoing title?

Favorite stand-alone graphic novel?

So HGR, as somebody who just got back into comic books I have to ask you a couple questions.

DC or Marvel? (Although its kind of obvious from your signature)

Favorite ongoing title?

Favorite stand-alone graphic novel?

I'm really not the person to ask about this. Justin's got a pretty sexy comic book thread going in the GSD. I'm really into a ton of the New 52 reboots, but I also haven't had the time to check out the new Marvel NOW titles either. So take that for what it's worth.

I feel like Batman and Swamp Thing are probably the best things running right now for DC. They reintroduced the Joker a few months ago, and it's some of the creepiest, most compelling comic writing I have ever seen. His arc, "Death of the Family" has spread into every Batman affiliated title currently on the market. Which is good news, because I love Teen Titans, Nightwing and Batman & Robin as well. I'm kind of a Robin mark though, so like I said, Justin's thread would be a better place to hang out.

As far as favorite stand-alone graphic novel? Akira is technically manga. Not sure if that counts. Batman: The Long Halloween is also really good. X-Men: God Loves Man Kills is historically one of the best of all time.

I improved it.

You sure about that?

2006 was such a good year for wrestling. Between Cena/Edge, the return of ECW, teasing the DX reunion, and Rob Van Dam having a brief time in the main event spotlight, there's just so many classic moments. I still feel like Heyman should have done all of RVD's promos though. I've always liked Van Dam, but he loses me when he speaks.

You sure about that?
Positive.

2006 was such a good year for wrestling. Between Cena/Edge, the return of ECW, teasing the DX reunion, and Rob Van Dam having a brief time in the main event spotlight, there's just so many classic moments. I still feel like Heyman should have done all of RVD's promos though. I've always liked Van Dam, but he loses me when he speaks.
Not to mention that I can name a slew of SmackDown brand matches that are well worth watching.

Taker vs Angle @ NWO
Orton vs Rey @ NWO
Orton vs Rey @ SmackDown after Mania
Benoit vs Finlay @ Judgement Day
London/Kendrick vs MNM @ Judgement Day
JBL vs Mysterio @ Judgement Day

Off the top of my head, loved all of those.

I'm really not the person to ask about this. Justin's got a pretty sexy comic book thread going in the GSD. I'm really into a ton of the New 52 reboots, but I also haven't had the time to check out the new Marvel NOW titles either. So take that for what it's worth.

I feel like Batman and Swamp Thing are probably the best things running right now for DC. They reintroduced the Joker a few months ago, and it's some of the creepiest, most compelling comic writing I have ever seen. His arc, "Death of the Family" has spread into every Batman affiliated title currently on the market. Which is good news, because I love Teen Titans, Nightwing and Batman & Robin as well. I'm kind of a Robin mark though, so like I said, Justin's thread would be a better place to hang out.

As far as favorite stand-alone graphic novel? Akira is technically manga. Not sure if that counts. Batman: The Long Halloween is also really good. X-Men: God Loves Man Kills is historically one of the best of all time.

A buddy of mine at work lent me Akira, not my style. Have you read Marvel's Secret Warriors? I ordered the omnibus and it should be here tomorrow, so I'm really pumped. Oh, and I discovered this really nice comic shop not even 5 minutes away from my apartment, so I've been going there every Friday. Man I tell you, its awesome to be back into comics.

Not to mention that I can name a slew of SmackDown brand matches that are well worth watching.

Taker vs Angle @ NWO
Orton vs Rey @ NWO

Also the year Angle went to TNA and fought Joe.

Positive.

Taker vs Angle @ NWO
Orton vs Rey @ NWO

How about RVD vs. Kurt Angle from episode #3? Damn good match.

I also just realized, RVD defended the title against Edge and Cena, successfully, and had this match with Angle, in the span of 3 days. Holy shit!

Also the year Angle went to TNA and fought Joe.
Not to mention some awesome Joe-Daniels matches, and the AJ/Daniels tag run against AMW and LAX.

I miss the good old days. This A&8s stuff is even starting to wear me a little thin.

How about RVD vs. Kurt Angle from episode #3? Damn good match.

I also just realized, RVD defended the title against Edge and Cena, successfully, and had this match with Angle, in the span of 3 days. Holy shit!
And next week he gets to lose a title two nights in a row! Yay for our fighting champion!

HGR I hope you're not responsible for the title of the article on the main page right now that calls Elimination Chamber Extreme Rules instead.

HGR I hope you're not responsible for the title of the article on the main page right now that calls Elimination Chamber Extreme Rules instead.

I don't know, somebody updated one of my posts. They changed the title, but it could have been something I originally did, and they just did't think about it. Either way it's changed, and I didn't see it. So... :shrug:

How ready are you for Ted to meet the mother and stop being an insufferable panty waste?

I hope the show ends well. This season has been a raging rapids of ups and downs, with I'd say the majority of it being not so good. Which is a shame, because in general it's been amazing for so many years. It's like - they had 6 years to figure out how they were going to end it, and I don't think they planned terribly well for the finale. Unless there's a giant surprise, or we all missed some crazy detail, it's just going to be a huge letdown. How can we invest or care about a character we are JUST NOW meeting?

You know they renewed for one more season, right?

They renewed everyone to they could do a Season 9, and are calling that the final season

I really think the show jumped the shark. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. The new season of Arrested Development has me much, much more excited.

Weird realization while watching Twilight (and yes, I'll get to that in a minute). The picture on the left is a screen-cap from the movie. The one on the right is a picture of some friends and myself, at a waterfall not terribly far from Portland.

539750_10152563946460156_522819907_n.jpg

And now, as to the reason I was watching Twilight. Films trapped in the purgatory of the film review world - typically between D and C range - are notoriously the hardest to review. So I've been spending a lot of my time recently subjecting myself to mediocre (at best) movies, and trying to improve my skill in one of the more difficult areas. It turns out, unfortunately, that Twilight was extremely easy to rip apart.

Yeah, there was a time period where they had issues with logins, and I couldn't change my password or anything...I left for several months because of it, and then just started a new one a few months later. I dont think it was until last year at some point that I had Sly delete the old one. That's IF I'm remembering things correctly, which is unlikely.

Random thought ocured to me Killiam; when are we going to see more of these forum editorials?

Probably after WrestleMania? Maybe before? I don't know, right now I'm swamped. I might not actually be with Wrestlezone too much longer after Mania. There was a plan set in place between Paglino, Slyfox and I to be doing a lot more right now, but it kind of fell through.

By all means, if you want to put something together, pitch it to me for approval, and then take the lead and get people involved, please do. It was never supposed to be a "Mike Killam article" anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back