• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Turning Point Discussion

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
97457_lg.jpg
9th November 2009

Don't just list cards, give reasons.

Early prediction that Bound For Glory is going to total shit. But another early prediction that this should be a lot better. Without them building for what is supposed to be their big show, TNA can concentrate on a couple of proper feuds, and one-on-one matches. Instead of just chucking everyone in a gimmick match and see what happens, like at BFG.

There will be more than a few rematches, but that's to be expected. But at least the Terrordome & Monster's Ball should seperate into a couple of feud. You'd certainly hope anyway.

Terrible poster btw.

Terrible poster btw.

I tried my best Jake, I'm sorry.

I'm trying desperately to remember what sort of reputation Turning Point has. I'm going to guess it's the same as most TNA pay-per-views: none. Can't really predict anything on that basis then.

They'll probably have Sting vs. Samoa Joe vs. Booker T/Christian Cage/Kurt Angle/Kaz knowing TNA. A rematch that's supposedly freshened up by adding another main eventer almost at random.

LAX might have split up but news has it that it'll be a "friendly split" so we might have some good matches with Homicide and Hernandez separately. Getting a little ahead of myself.

Maybe the Motor City Machine Guns will have comitted suicide by now (and their ghosts merge to create Suicide - classic TNA booking). I hope anyway. I can't take any more of this shit. The last straw was giving away LAX vs. MCMG on free TV. If they're on here it'll be another X Division clusterfuck. Tiger in a cage maybe. Something atrocious.

Suicide may be making his debut - but will it be Senshi or Kaz? I hope it's the former.

Isn't Genesis before this anyway? I thought it went BFG, Genesis, Turning Point.

Nope. I made the thread last week Sam. Genesis is no more. What we're getting is a Christmas themed PPV. Should be awesome. Find the thread and make some kick ass suggestions.

I'm hoping we get a similar match to last years Turning Point. In the sense that I want them to announce a match. But not have one of the main event wrestlers show up. It always spices things up. Last year Scott Hall was replaced with Eric Young. Irrelevant that he was a piss poor replacement, TNA had the fans money by then. And it's been months since somebody no showed a TNA PPV main event.

1.Sting vs AJ Styles vs Christian- Keeps the young and old storyline going, with Christian still being a mystery of what side he's going to be on.

2. Foley and Jarrett vs Angle and Booker T- It will start as a Foley/Angle feud and end up mixing in Jarrett and Booker T. TNA and Foley will decide to use Foley in a tag match at first, instead of jumping in the ring with a wrestler like Angle, after not wrestling a main event quality match since June 07. Then it could lead to a future Foley/Angle match if things work out. Kinda simliar to Foley/Orton feud back in 2004, after Foley didn't wrestle in four years.

3. Samona Joe vs Kevin Nash- As seen tonight Nash turned on Joe, and they will keep the young vs old storyline going.

This is just my prediction of how things will go, they could easily end up doing Jarrett vs Angle rematch, and use Foley in another way. Or they could have Foley vs Angle singles match, and have Jarrett vs Sting. Then have Christian, Styles and Booker have another match between at least two of them. The only match right now that looks like a lock is probably Nash vs Joe.

1. TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting(c) vs AJ Styles or Jeff Jarrett: Now that Joe can't get a title shot while Sting is champion, i guessing the co-leader of the young side will get a title shot by beating someone like Booker or Angle for the No.1 Contender, or i know it would be terrible but i have a strange feeling Jarrett might be the no.1 contender and reviving the Jarrett-Sting feud. Well i had a feeling like this morning plus if this happens, it'll be Styles first title shot since Slammiversary 2007, i think he needs a push to the World Title so he can be 4-time Triple Crown winner (can't have too many lol), finally i wonder if TNA will give Sting more than 2 days or a month of a title reign like last time?

2. Samoa Joe vs Kevin Nash: This is the obvious match that comes to mind after BFG. I wonder though if it would be a no-DQ match because of the basebat at BFG.

3. Christian Cage vs Booker T(w/Sharmell): I don't know, i just have a feeling that Cage needs to do something in this PPV and the recent storyline and i'm guessing that briefcase will come into play at the PPV.

4. Kurt Angle vs Suicide: Now this would be a fun match, plus the return of Kaz and he also had two good matches with Angle on iMPACT! and i would't be surprised if a 3rd one was in the books.

5. TNA X Division Championship: Shiek Bashir(c) vs Jay Lethal: Yep, this is 100% un-comfirmed (until it's on the tnawrestling.com PPV matchcard) and i feel a 4th X Division title for Lethal.

That isn't all, just the main ones. I'd think of more when iMPACT! starts rolling in.

TNA WHC: Sting vs AJ Styles
This feud has been teased for quit some time now, with the MEM vs New Blood thing happen this only makes since.

First Blood Match: Kevin Nash vs Samoa Joe
Well like this match is a big secret we all know these two would feud at some point.

Legends Championship: Booker T vs Christian Cage
Christian will take the challenge if he loses he would join the Mafia, this could go two way Christian loses to Booker joins or Christian wins by DQ and doesn't win the title but doesn't join the Mafia.

Kurt Angle vs Abyss
If Impact was indication that I think Jarrett is going to keep throwing opponent after opponent at Angle until its time again for JJ to return to the ring again.

Shiek Bashir vs Rhyno
I dont know if this will be the X-Division title but I think this match will happen no matter what.

Knockouts Championship: Kong vs Wilde
Return match for the Knockouts title Kong wins again and moves on to another opponent

TNA Tag Team Championship: Beer Money vs Team 3D
I dont really have reason behind this one but could add LAX make a triple threat but some how the titles will be on the line

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT: TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion "The Icon" Sting vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT: REVENGE MATCH
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash

TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Booker T vs. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Beer Money, Inc. vs. The Motor City Machineguns

Abyss vs. Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle

Grudge Match: "The War Machine" Rhino vs. X Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir

Plus, an X Division championship seeding match to determine the top contenders!

This show is already looking better than Bound For Glory. The only match that appears to have just chucked everyone together in mass is the X-Division seeding match. I would have had the foresight to have just made last months Terrordome a seeding match, but I don't work for TNA.

Nash vs. Joe will be terrible. Yet it will still probably be the best match Nash has had for nearly 10 years. It's the match that should have happened at Bound For Glory, they were doing a subtle build for it after all. But I guess TNA didn't think it was agood enough main event for their biggest show of the year.

Sting vs. Styles should be good. But they should have held it off for a while. Somebody needs to take the title off Sting. You'd assume it would be one of the younger guys, who better than Styles. But not yet, so what will happen is that either Styles wins in a few months and nobody cares, or Joe wins it again. Both are pointless.

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT: TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Champion "The Icon" Sting

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT: REVENGE MATCH
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash

TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
"The Instant Classic" Christian Cage vs. Champion Booker T

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Motor City Machineguns vs. Champions Beer Money, Inc.

Abyss vs. Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle

Grudge Match: "The War Machine" Rhino vs. X Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir

Knockouts Tag Team Match: TNA Women's Champion Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed vs. Taylor Wilde & Roxxi

Plus, an X Division championship seeding match to determine the top contenders with Sonjay Dutt, Eric Young, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal, Consequences Creed, Petey Williams, Jimmy Rave, Homicide, Doug Williams, Tanahashi & Volador

Looks like a really good show. I would pay for it if I wasn't getting it for free, thank yoyu Bravo. Top to bottom it should at least be very intresting, I predict a Main Evnet Mafia clean sweep.

The X-Division match is stupid. The only one who isn't a cruiserweight it Doug Williams, I have no idea where he'll fit into this match. But I guess if you're stupid enough to sign up a wrestler you don't want, then you've got to fit him in somewhere.

I kinda find it funny that Dutt wins the girl and yet hasn't been on television for 2 months but on the two pay per views since then. TNA is misusing multiple talents and tossing them into this sill X division seeding match. Steiner isn't on the card and I bet he does something to effect Petey cause its just needed so there isn't a better time. If Volador or Tanashi win that match TNA has truly messed up again, they get no reaction and the fans aren't going to like it. I'll guess Creed wins the match cause they have done Lethal now multiple times, even though its about time for Rave or Homicide to get significant push.

What is with the womens tag match? You just had Rucka do the whole i'm gonna turn my back on the person i said ill help thing, why not have her in the match instead of Saed.

Rhino has to win cause its a non title match which hurts your X division champion but TNA doesn't care about that

The rest of the card should be great all the title matches and the Nash v. Joe match should live up to its potential. I just wish they would help the bottom of the card with some intelligent booking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back