General Tournament Banter

Damn i've been so busy i havent been on here in a while and had no idea a tournament started up again. Im glad one did tho even if I cant defend my bracket prediction title.

Early favorites to me at first glance...Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho

Goldberg 56-38 Stu Hart
Dynamite Kid 33-47 Dusty Rhodes
Bob Backlund 24-38 AJ Styles
Sid 29-67 Batista
Samoa Joe 38-35 Giant Baba
Antonio Inoki 59-59 CM Punk
Nick Bockwinkel 25-18 El Canek

For the above results, I salute you

rszgodzillafacepalmgodz.jpg

When are all of the matches for the third round going up? I anxiously await the match between Foley and Liger.

I can wait for Foley's end in this tournament.

There is no way that I can even for for Foley over Liger in a pure wrestling match. I'd feel all dirty inside. But at least this defeat will be justified unlike some past matches.

Now Savage vs Hart I'm looking forward too.

I've got a question. It doesn't really involve this tournament so I hope its not considered spam but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. This is the first tournament I've been particiapting in but I was just wondering who was the winners of the last three tournaments?

I've got a question. It doesn't really involve this tournament so I hope its not considered spam but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. This is the first tournament I've been particiapting in but I was just wondering who was the winners of the last three tournaments?

The last 3 winners were as follows..

1. Shawn Michaels (I believe, I wasn't involved in that one)
2. The Undertaker
3. Bret Hart

On a side note, and understand its just one man's opinion. (mine)

It looks to me like this year's final will be Steve Austin against the Undertaker and I couldn't be more disappointed.

Its one thing to have a guy like Austin make it to the Elite 8. Sure, he's one of the likely Top 8 Pro Wrestlers depending on who he gets matched against.. but to claim he was one of the best is a fraud. T-shirts do not prove you have talent. If they do, why were abercrombie and fitch not included in this Tournament. :glare:

And its not as if Ric Flair would be that much better as a replacement. Flair making it this far shocked me more than anything.

On the flip side, I'd rather have the Finals become Shawn Michaels against the Undertaker, because at least then - you're guaranteed one person to make history by becoming the first "2-time" WZ Tournament winner. Now, you're almost guaranteed to see Austin steam-roll either of them, all because of attitude, middle fingers, and being lucky enough to get over by beating up Management, Ring Announcers, and random WWF/E Personnel. Wow.

In conclusion, the good and bad of this tournament - was the random draw. I'll give credit for it being a change. But change isn't always good, and having the likes of Rick Martel making it half way through this tournament due to an easy path.. while guys like Lesnar & Triple H, (and Edge, for me) get screwed with the worst draws possible in the opening round.

I'm all for having votes being more "write-in" involved. But for the love of everything, ditch the random draw idea - because it seems to have failed. (Rhodes & Martel may not agree, but those who watched them get as far as they did, sure do.)

The last 3 winners were as follows..

1. Shawn Michaels (I believe, I wasn't involved in that one)
2. The Undertaker
3. Bret Hart

Wait, wait, wait. How in the hell did Bret Hart win one of these? I am a huge Bret fan, and I know he can't win of these. This explains a lot that I have noticed in my first tourney. Damn marks are too damned in the forest, if you know what I mean. This sucks. All this time, I tried not to be a fanboy. Fuck.

Its one thing to have a guy like Austin make it to the Elite 8. Sure, he's one of the likely Top 8 Pro Wrestlers depending on who he gets matched against.. but to claim he was one of the best is a fraud. T-shirts do not prove you have talent. If they do, why were abercrombie and fitch not included in this Tournament. :glare:

That was why i was pushing so hard for jericho to go through against Austin but the main arguement against was that he started the attitude era and was so popular lol

Wait, wait, wait. How in the hell did Bret Hart win one of these? I am a huge Bret fan, and I know he can't win of these. This explains a lot that I have noticed in my first tourney. Damn marks are too damned in the forest, if you know what I mean. This sucks. All this time, I tried not to be a fanboy. Fuck.

*sigh* He beat Edge in the Finals.

Long story, short, I massively (and almost single handedly) pushed Edge to the Finals with lock-tight, solid, absolutely great and dominating word forts of BS. That tied in with buying votes goes a long way apparently. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, I did massively and almost single handedly push Edge with what I felt were very strong debates. I gained 'heat' for it, and also was told by many that I had a strong will (no pun intended) for the guy I enjoyed.

As for WHY Bret Hart made it to the Finals.. it could be a combination of easy road to it, and quietly sneaking along because Edge infact gained so much attention for beating the likes of Brock Lesnar, the Undertaker & Steve Austin in route to almost capturing everything.

That was why i was pushing so hard for jericho to go through against Austin but the main arguement against was that he started the attitude era and was so popular lol

Teddy, I like and enjoy that you stick to what you feel works for you. But in all honesty, you are not providing anyone, with anything worth believing in - for Shawn Michaels against the Undertaker.

That being said, I don't know what you said in Jericho's defense, but I'm a bit unsure if it would've even remotely been helpful.

And fighting against Austin is almost a lost cause. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people are blind to how to veiw this. They don't see, or care, that its a match. And in some regard thats fine because no true criteria has been determined in how to view this Tournament.

But Austin's popularity is, and always will be, what carries him through everything. He isn't a great wrestler - and when he was at the top of his 'game' as far as being a 'wrestler', it was during WCW. People are voting for him, because of the segments he was involved in, in WWF.. not the actual talent he may, or may not have.

Austin, in my opinion, will win this entire thing. Based solely off fanboy love. And hey, why not? I was pushing Edge just as hard, just as blindly last year. So do what you want, eh.

Teddy, I like and enjoy that you stick to what you feel works for you. But in all honesty, you are not providing anyone, with anything worth believing in - for Shawn Michaels against the Undertaker.

That being said, I don't know what you said in Jericho's defense, but I'm a bit unsure if it would've even remotely been helpful.

And fighting against Austin is almost a lost cause. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people are blind to how to veiw this. They don't see, or care, that its a match. And in some regard thats fine because no true criteria has been determined in how to view this Tournament.

But Austin's popularity is, and always will be, what carries him through everything. He isn't a great wrestler - and when he was at the top of his 'game' as far as being a 'wrestler', it was during WCW. People are voting for him, because of the segments he was involved in, in WWF.. not the actual talent he may, or may not have.

Austin, in my opinion, will win this entire thing. Based solely off fanboy love. And hey, why not? I was pushing Edge just as hard, just as blindly last year. So do what you want, eh.

Go read what i said in it if you want its still there and jericho was ahead he got dq'd because somebody made fake accounts and voted for him seemingly :s But i will agree that Austin was at his best in wcw and early wwf before his broken neck.
As for michaels v taker i will keep that in its desiganted thread.

Go read what i said in it if you want its still there and jericho was ahead he got dq'd because somebody made fake accounts and voted for him seemingly :s But i will agree that Austin was at his best in wcw and early wwf before his broken neck.
As for michaels v taker i will keep that in its desiganted thread.

Had Austin never done what he did in the 'E, then this conversation would not be happening. For that, he was at his "best" in the 'E. But as a Wrestler, note that word (Wrestler) he will never top what he did in WCW.

Guys like Angle, Michaels, and even Taker have brought out damn fine matches in him. But for more or less, he has always been a "brawler" with very limited moves in the 'E.

Who doesn't have limited moves? Every top wrestler in the WWE did the same routine over and over. Austin is no different. You could basically telegraph HHH, HBK, and Undertaker matches. Hogan found something that worked in terms of his moveset and ran with it and so did Austin. I guess we have different criteria of what defines a great wrestler.

Who doesn't have limited moves? Every top wrestler in the WWE did the same routine over and over. Austin is no different. You could basically telegraph HHH, HBK, and Undertaker matches. Hogan found something that worked in terms of his moveset and ran with it and so did Austin. I guess we have different criteria of what defines a great wrestler.

I define Austin as a great entertainer. His segments, promos, etc, were always the best part about him. Almost to the point that a lot of the time - people overlooked/looked beyond his actual matches, because they wanted to see more of everything else.

Whereas a guy like Hogan, albeit a different time/era, grabbed everyone's attention for what he did inside a ring. Same with guys like HBK and Angle.

If you asked me to list the most important people to Wrestling.. Steve Austin would infact, indeed, be at the top of the list - or at least in the top 5, or 3 even. But his in-ring talent was never something I looked highly upon. And anyone else who claims that was the most entertaining value he had - is lying.

Its for that reason, that when I vote in these tournaments I try to do it based on how a 'match' would go. And as such, with exception to KotR 96, Austin never faired well in any tournament because it always benefitted him more to lose and seek out revenge through segments, promos and more or less random attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back