General Tournament Banter

I believe it's time for the old school to win now more than ever. I believe Race got the furthest in the tournament before he went out to Hart in a Dumpster Match which could have gone either way. I know a few posters are backing Harley Race and I will keep my eye on him and without seeding, he could win the thing or go out in the first round.

My loyal vote will be going for Shawn Michaels, my favorite wrestler of all time so why shouldn't I push him

And although I'm pretty sure they'll be in there somewhere, I'm hoping to see Kurt Angle, Triple H, Chris Jericho and well.. Shawn Michaels.. could be nice seeing CM Punk in there too, would try to vote for these guys too, but I can't guarantee that they get my vote prioritized to someone who I might find to be more fitting for the victory.

Whomever I find to be more entertaining, that's the person I'm going to vote for. Entertainment is pretty much the basis of all professional wrestling anyway, so I don't see the point in trying to overanalyze all of these matchups.

That's one of the things we want to push in this. There is no such thing as an easy match (in theory)

I'm also looking forward to when the gimmick rounds come up. It will probably be chosen at random as well and I hope we avoid matches we didn't last year such as Bigelow vs. Jericho in a Ultimate X match.

A darkhorse in this tournament could be either The Rock or Randy Orton depending on the matchups.

As far as how we broke down our 124 people:

We (and by we I mean mainly Sly) came up with a list of 90 people that either held a world title or simply belonged on a list of the best names ever (DiBiase, Roberts etc). That left us with 34 names. 16 staff members submitted two names each and we let Shocky pick two names. The remaining four slots are people you get to pick. For the most part though, if they're a big name they're in this already.

I'm also looking forward to when the gimmick rounds come up. It will probably be chosen at random as well and I hope we avoid matches we didn't last year such as Bigelow vs. Jericho in a Ultimate X match.

A darkhorse in this tournament could be either The Rock or Randy Orton depending on the matchups.
Yeah it's going to be random as well. It's WAY too hard to tailor things to people without someone getting upset, so why bother trying? Same idea with the seedings. Someone will get ticked off, so why give them anything to potentially get ticked off about?

I see this tournament is like, half the size as the one from last year. I don't blame you in the slightest KB, for narrowing the field; these big tournaments are allot of work to maintain. Should be great.

Yeah it's going to be random as well. It's WAY too hard to tailor things to people without someone getting upset, so why bother trying? Same idea with the seedings. Someone will get ticked off, so why give them anything to potentially get ticked off about?

You do have a point there. This is a kind of tournament where one person can get a wrestler to the finals like Will did with Edge and almost or even win it. The opinions of wrestlers have changed in the year so someone like a Punk who everybody hated last year will have a good chance this year.

I see this tournament is like, half the size as the one from last year. I don't blame you in the slightest KB, for narrowing the field; these big tournaments are allot of work to maintain. Should be great.

Yeah and it waters down the field way too much. Like I said in the other thread, do we need guys like Skinner in contention for best wrestler ever?

You do have a point there. This is a kind of tournament where one person can get a wrestler to the finals like Will did with Edge and almost or even win it. The opinions of wrestlers have changed in the year so someone like a Punk who everybody hated last year will have a good chance this year.

That's why we do it ever year. Guys like Punk, Hardy, Swagger etc are now world champions. Who would have guess that two years ago?

That's why we do it ever year. Guys like Punk, Hardy, Swagger etc are now world champions. Who would have guess that two years ago?

That means there's less of a possibility that HBK, Undertaker, and Bret Hart may not win it again and you can imagine if two of those three are matched up in the earlier rounds? I still haven't figured out who I'm going to back yet. Two of my options are Brock Lesnar since I thought he shouldn't have lost to Edge and Hogan because it seems his downfall is a cage match of some sort in year's past.

Yeah it could be Shawn vs. Taker or Shawn vs. Swagger. You never know, and that's what's going to make the first round interesting. The main thing is though that at the end, the winner will have earned it and no one is going to be able to say that a legend went out on a fluke because the vast majority here will be legends.

Yeah it could be Shawn vs. Taker or Shawn vs. Swagger. You never know, and that's what's going to make the first round interesting. The main thing is though that at the end, the winner will have earned it and no one is going to be able to say that a legend went out on a fluke because the vast majority here will be legends.

Are guys like Gotch and Thesz going to be in the tournament because it was tough for them last year because mostly everybody never watched them wrestle and they were from a different period so it was hard to make an accurate assessment.

I will be backing Bret Hart throughout, as he is my all time favorite wrestler. However I will be back DiBiase and Roberts the hardest, as they are two of the greatest heels and two of my all time stars. I'm just looking forward to seeing the random draw play out and see if some of the classic guys get a solid push throughout.

I'm officially on-board the JBL, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, and Big Show trains. JBL deserves more respect. Lesnar should have defeated Edge. (A barb-wire rope match that he lost to 185 pound Edge?) The Rock never receives the love he deserves. The Ultimate Warrior would have, pardon my french, fucking killed Mick Foley. Hulk Hogan can climb a ladder and a cage. I promise you this. The Big Show is better than Vader, and he's better than Andre. Trust me.

One of my selections was Antonino Rocca. Remember watching matched of him against Matt Hardy. The man who competed for the first ever WWWF title lost to Matt Hardy.

I'm officially on-board the JBL, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, and Big Show trains. JBL deserves more respect. Lesnar should have defeated Edge. (A barb-wire rope match that he lost to 185 pound Edge?) The Rock never receives the love he deserves. The Ultimate Warrior would have, pardon my french, fucking killed Mick Foley. Hulk Hogan can climb a ladder and a cage. I promise you this. The Big Show is better than Vader, and he's better than Andre. Trust me.

I would have to disagree young sir about Big Show being better than Vader. If you are talking about WCW Big Show then you could have a tiny argument but we're talking about WWE Big Show here.

I'm curious to see who Chris Benoit is paired up against because he has gotten by Sting and Hogan in tournaments past.

I'm pulling for The Rock and Booker T. And I'm also going to make sure JBL goes out in the first round.

As much as I enjoy Becca and how she makes me feel fuzzy inside... I'm pushing for the ANTI-Shawn Michaels kick. Not because he's an inferior wrestler, but due to people voting based on emotions and how 'he's retired... give him one last hurrah'. Nope. This is STAN HANSEN'S YEAR, DAMMIT! I'm now preparing myself to make one of the single most epic posts on my case for why Hansen is superior to any wrestler you put against him. It's just one match. It's not a marathon, it's a match and Hansen matches up with the greats...because he was one. FEAR THE LARIAT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back