General Survivor Series 2007 Discussion

ok let's do this thing..

triple threat match-very enjoyable. great match. could have been longer. I have a new found respect for the miz...that hurricarana into powerbomb was crazy shyt...nice match..and john morrison i squickly becoming one of my fav's...I wish he was on RAW , I dont watch ECW

divas match- melina's botch was priceless, match itself was so much better than I thought it would be, mickie james' "long kiss goodnight" finisher is the greatest thing to ever happe to sports entertainment

Tag Title match- ughhhh I hate the tag team divison (except Duece and Domino ) Murdock finally got the canadian destroyer right!!! after he nearly killed Matt Hardy i thought they'd never let him do it again

Hornswoggle vs Khali- ******ed

Traditional match- it was pretty good. I was hoping hhh would get eliminated and leave it up to Jeff Hardy to take out finlay and Umaga all alone. O well , at least Jeff got the pin

HBK vs RKO-when I saw the crossface used I jumped out of my seat. I'm glad they let him use it. The sharpshooter he applied was sloppyand the ankle lock, *shrugs* no one does it like angle(no not even shamrock) HBK is stupid for getting proven wrong and going for the superkick instinctively. That RKO was sick

HIAC Match-w/o going to the top of the cell, who really cares?

match of the night-ecw triple threat (how does the show of all pull of the best match? )

MVP of the night-Mickie James

I watched it last night at a sports bar. My first paper view in a long time. In the words of DX "lets break it down!"

Triple Threat. It was good, but I couldn't give two shits about the Miz even though he showed some skills. Punk is just to loved to make his title reign that short so it was pretty obvious he was gonna win. 7.5/10

Diva match. When are 8 hot chicks, 1 decent chick and one very feminine man wrestling each other ever a bad thing? Torrie is the hottest diva ever and Maria is a close second. But Mickie James definitely stole the show with that kiss. I only wish it had been elimination style. 8/10

Tag match. I think Holly and Rhodes are kinda goofy considering Holly is 25 years older than Rhodes and I hate Cade and Murdoch, especially Murdoch since he gives us Trevor's a bad name. This was the only match that ended against my expectations, I thought Rhodes and Holly had it, but they obviously will sooner or later. 5/10

Survivor Series Match. The promo was great. Triple H's quote "the great about SS is that we can all put aside our differences, despite having done terrible things to each other, just to do something terrible to someone else" might have been the best line all year. The match was kinda unexpected for me. I was expecting a 5th run in partner for the team, maybe Matt Hardy when it came down to just Jeff or something. Nevertheless I liked it a lot, especially Hardy getting the win. 8.5/10

Khali/Hornswaggle. Who cares? It went how I was expecting except for Finlay getting in the way, which I really enjoyed. I'll bet now Finaly will feud with McMahon and the winner will get custody of Hornswoggle or something like that. 3/10

Michaels/Orton. I thought it was great that Michaels pulled out the submission moves of all the people are on not-that-great terms with the WWE. I was half-expecting Mohammed Hassans Camel Clutch or Lex Lugers Torture Rack, lol. All in all, not a great match but it was what I expected to happen i the end, almost exactly. 7.5/10

HIAC. Let me start by saying I got what I wanted: complete carnage. I wanted tables, cairs, stairs and blood all over that ring and thats exactly what I got. I especially liked the fact that all 4 stairs were used. I could have used a trash can or stop sign but it was good the way it was. You could tell Batista got cut open a little worse than he was supposed to because there were puddles of blood all over the place. I honestly was expecting Edge to come out after the match after Taker won. While I was sad Taker didn't win, I was really happy with the way Edge came back, it was unexpected and thats never a bad thing. I thought perhaps he would have speared Batista or something too but i digress. 9.5/10

All in all, I give the whole show 8/10 with the promos and Trips' line and Edge returning. Not bad for my first PPV since WCW Halloween Havok 1998!

All i have to say is that the WWE just fucked up the best rivalry of the year by screwing us out of an ending.
As for everything else. I made 7 predictions, i got 7 right. Predictable crap and a massive disappointment.

ECW Championship:- First off this match should have had more time and if they really had to put the Miztake in the match it should have been a Triple threat ELIMINATION I mean this is SURVIVOR series and with Tazz (who I love) saying at the very start 'by the way this is not an elimination....' it was like saying a big f**k you to SS fans. Anyway it was a 6/10.

Diva match:- Now i'm not a pervert but the highlight of this match was Mickies kiss & as usual Melina's entrance, which was hilarious (and i'm happy she laughed after screwing it up as it saved the srew up). Having said that did anyopne else notice that when tagged in Mickie immediately sprinted to the opposite ropes and viciously booted Layla to the floor, it was awesome (probably the best WWE moment in over a year)! Finnaly b4 movin on I hate to admit it but a Diva match was 1 of the best of the night though again not elimination!!! 7/10

Tag Title match:- Cade & Murdoch may never be up for a heavyweight title push but they are a great tag-team which I am yet to tire of. Overall a very average match, due almost entirely to the fact that WGTT & London & Kendrick weren't involved & more importantly Holly & Rhodes were! Again this should have involved all RAW teams & been elimination! However this was saved by Murdoch's finisher which was AWESOME (sorry to those who like to over analise how moves are pulled off but I didn't see him use it on Hardy) 2/10 (finish = 9/10)

Hornswoggle vs Khali- All that needs to be said is SHANE...SHANE...SHANE...SHANE...SHANE...SHANE...SHANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wrestling match = 1/10, Comedy factor = 7/10 SHANE O'MAC = 1000/10

Traditional Elimination match:- Let's preface this by saying I love HHH but i'm so happy this didn't become a 5-1 were HHH turns super-saiyin (sorry for the nerdiness there) & destroy his opposition to become sole-survivor! Jeff getting the final pin was a stroke of genius and finally sets huim up to run with the bigboys in the WWE title picture! On a downer though was the useage of Kane and Rey. Rey will bounce back from this of course but please stop burrying Kane b4 you totally destroy his reputation! 7/10

HBK vs RKO:- Sharpshooter, Anckle-lock & Crossface (of all the moves)! The 3 finishers of the 3 greatest WRESLTERS (not just entertainers) of all time! Now I admit I laughed out loud in a sort of HOLY SHIT sort of way when he locked in the crossface but it added a whole new-level to this match! On top of this we got a phenomenally executed moonsault & an insanely violent looking RKO for the finish! Not an awesome match but a bloody good one which showed off the talent of 2 of the best! 9/10

Hell in a Cell:- Unlike many of the reviews i've alreday read I actually really enjoyed this match. However I do agree that if you don't fight outside the cell or more importantly on top of the cell, it isn't much different from a normal cage match! Whereas this should have seen the end of Roidtista's title reign we now have to watch another match at Armaggeddon! The worst part of this PPV (next to the fact that Holly and Rhodes were in it) was the minimal coverage of Edge's return & the method in which he did return. Edge is AWESOME, one of the best EVER & deserved as much coverage as Jericho got leading up to his return!

Personally I only watched SSeries to see Edge's return, and the RAW SS Elimination match which I thought was well planned beforehand.

I was really impressed with the quality of this show, prob the best PPV since Mania! I liked the ECW Title match, you guys are sayin it shoulda been longer but the live crowd was dead for it, woulda worked better if Burke was being used instead of the Miz!

Anyways... the ladies really impressed me, good match, Michelle McCool is improving quickly and Mickie is the most reliable woman wrestler since Trish left/Gail Kim got fired.

The tag match bored me, when will WWE get it, its 2007 no more White Meat Babyfaces, THIS MEANS YOU AMERICAN DREAM JNR!!!!! Give him a Goldust 2 angle or something! was nice move by Murdoch, kind of a cross between the Canadian Destroyer and a sunset flip!

Rey has gotta be furious, he keeps gettin buried, and Kane it just isnt fair when Snitsky is about to be pushed, is all!
Great to see the odd alliance of Jeff and Trips although I'm not sure if mentioning heel Trips bad deeds is the best way to keep him face, comedy shick or not.

Once again Michael's makes his opponent look better than he is, I almost believed in Orton being "the best there is" by having that belt, nice RKO too.

HIAC matches bore me nowadays, it started with Taker V Lesnar, which was basically a cage match, then hbk v trips, that sucked and Batista, well he needs to work out some HIAC high spots if he's gonna keep having them! Edge's appearance shuld have def got more buildup!

A great pay-per-view overall. My only two regrets are that Shawn should have won the WWE Championship match, and the Batista-Taker feud should have ended cleanly. Yeah, Edge could have had his return, but he should have destroyed the winner, not demolished the challenger who didn't even win the belt! I guess that means Edge won't be jumping right back into the title picture. A nice feud with Taker will work though, and it will probably carry over at least two PPV's.

yea it sounds like a great pay per veiw. anyways is this worth buying because i live in australia so. and it was defently a stroke of genuis when triple h let hardy pin. i mean jeff has been getting puhed and this was just a good choice for a good push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back