• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Funny Mike Adamle Story?

twisterwrw929

Dark Match Winner
Of course we all have to realize that everything we read on the internet about wrestling isn't always true. But do you guys ever read anything that is just so absurd, that there is absolutely no way that it's true, and you wonder how it even made it as news? Here is something that was posted yesterday about Mike Adamle asking Tazz a question about ECW.

"WrestleZone.com can now confirm a story that Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net reported about Mike Adamle recently asking Tazz whether ECW was a one hour or 30-minute show. I'm sure this opens him up to a few jokes here and there, but a source states that "Mike's likeable and is learning the wrestling business. It's hard to master."

Seriously, there is absolutely no way this actually happened. I don't care how bad people say Mike Adamle is, or how clueless he is about the business, this is just bullshit. This man has been on ECW for a couple months or so, there is no way that he asked Tazz how long ECW is on for, NO WAY. I can see him maybe asking this towards the beginning of his time with WWE, maybe even when he first started doing ECW, but not anytime recently like this article stated. I just read this and can't believe wrestlezone put this up, this is just poor reporting.

I agree as clueless as wwe makes him out to be after the past few months he has to be starting to pick up tiny things like HOW LONG HES BABBLING ON TV

Mike Adamle has been working on trying to improve his commentary but the fact is that he is no Joey Styles. In my opinion Adamle is not cut out for this. He is very horrible at commentary. When i first read what wrestlezone.com had posted about Adamle asking that stupid question to Tazz i was laughing because he has been on ECW for about 3 months now and he doesn't even know if the show is an hour long or 30 minutes. I dont know if Vince McMahon is telling Adamle to do all these "mistakes" on purpose but if he is then i don't know what Vince was thinking on hiring him and if Mike Adamle's mistakes aren't on purpose then he really does not know what he is doing and needs to be replaced.

I think he was asking Tazz if the old ECW(Paul Heyman's ECW) was an hour long show or 30 minute show. There is no way he can be that dumb.

Wasn't he in television for a good many years before this? I know he was the host of American Gladiators for several years, so it's not like he's never done television before. Somewhere I read he has like 30 years of sports experience? There's no way that it's that big of a difference. I don't beleive that story for a minute. It's from WZ for crying out loud.

I dont care what anyone says Mike Adamle's schitck is a complete work. Vince wouldn't let someone embarrass his company unless he wanted it to be embarrassed. Vince feeds lines to all the commentators.....Adamle being no different im sure........he's trying to get adamle as much heat as he can even though he is a face broadcaster..........and eventually turn him heel and probley will manage the new version of "evolution"...........thier setting it up to be like a Bischoff style turn. Maybe I'm way off but somethings really fishy about him and his style.

Unless this is Vince's way of ribbing Paul E. to death....making ECW and it's legacy a joke.

Mike Adamle has been working on trying to improve his commentary but the fact is that he is no Joey Styles.

No Joey Styles? Hell the man isn't even George The Animal Steele when it comes to talking on the mic. He talks very little during times when he should be bantering more. You can see spots where he messes up and how he covers it up by shutting up rather than trying to work through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back