Fourth Round: Iron Man Match - Chris Jericho vs. Vader

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Jericho

• Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I've read the thread, and it's no shock. Jericho is winning in the voting because the uneducated wrestling fans (and a few disappointing staff members) just popped in, clicked Jericho's name, and called it a day. If this match were decided by the number (and quality) of posts actually being made (which is, after all, the fucking point of the entire forum), then Vader would have had this one cinched up days ago.

It's a dame shame that Smarkyfan001 - Smarkyfan045 decided to just go with the chalk and vote Jericho and Austin unilaterally over Vader and Andre, despite the latter being better choices than the former. But I won't hold it against anyone. Austin and Jericho are terrific choices.

As NorCal, D-Man, JGoose, and I discussed last night, the reason the Hart Dynasty's use of the Hart Attack got ZERO reaction is because most wrestling fans weren't tuned in to the business when Bret and Neidhart ruled the tag division. Same is true with when Andre was truly a demi-god among wrestling men (the 70's) or when Vader was the most dominant athlete in the sport (early 90's).

Plus, you all hate fat people.

I voted Jericho to get Vader out of the tournament. I also think he poses more of a threat to Steve Austin in later rounds, due to his enormous following. I had Shawn Michaels/Andre the Giant in the finals, with Michaels victorious. If Steve reaches the finals, I think he wins. This is solely strategic.

I voted Jericho to get Vader out of the tournament. I also think he poses more of a threat to Steve Austin in later rounds, due to his enormous following. I had Shawn Michaels/Andre the Giant in the finals, with Michaels victorious. If Steve reaches the finals, I think he wins. This is solely strategic.

For this stupid reason alone, the predictions contest should end this year. Ridiculous votes by people like this defeat the entire purpose of the tournament. The simple fact that Vader is losing by 18 and the only things people can really come up with for why Jericho is a "better choice" is this garbage makes this all a real travesty. For those wondering, yes, once upon a time 48.7 was a good poster.

Everyone is blinded in this matchup. They see Jericho outlasting Vader in a battle of conditioning. Man, you guys don't know how to think outside the box.

This match is going to go down like this: Vader will pulverize Jericho for the first 15 minutes, racking up about 3-5 pinfalls. Then, Jericho will play catch up for 45 minutes. And I highly doubt that Jericho can close the gap with nothing on his side but conditioning. Vader is also extremely tough to take down, no matter how tired he is. Jericho will need 2 hours to catch up after the first 15 minutes of this match... 1 hour too long.

Vader should win here.

So I've read the thread, and it's no shock. Jericho is winning in the voting because the uneducated wrestling fans (and a few disappointing staff members) just popped in, clicked Jericho's name, and called it a day. If this match were decided by the number (and quality) of posts actually being made (which is, after all, the fucking point of the entire forum), then Vader would have had this one cinched up days ago.

It's a dame shame that Smarkyfan001 - Smarkyfan045 decided to just go with the chalk and vote Jericho and Austin unilaterally over Vader and Andre, despite the latter being better choices than the former. But I won't hold it against anyone. Austin and Jericho are terrific choices.

As NorCal, D-Man, JGoose, and I discussed last night, the reason the Hart Dynasty's use of the Hart Attack got ZERO reaction is because most wrestling fans weren't tuned in to the business when Bret and Neidhart ruled the tag division. Same is true with when Andre was truly a demi-god among wrestling men (the 70's) or when Vader was the most dominant athlete in the sport (early 90's).

Plus, you all hate fat people.

Is that really their fault though? Lou Thesz was the master in his time, but he never makes it very far...and probably would lose to your superheavyweight boys. Is that fair to them? Gorgeous George?

I'll be voting Vader because the dude is massive and Jericho isn't known for tackling giants. Though, maybe I have second thoughts now...as Jericho DID beat Rock AND Austin in one night. Can anyone else claim that? Sounds like a stamina machine to me.

Going with the fat man here. I was actually undecided, because I thought ol' chunky would probably have a heart attack if he had to wrestle for an hour. Then I thought probably not actually, because he did do that. Both of these men have had moderate sucesses in Mexico so location is a non factor, and then there's the small matter of Jericho being a bit shit when it comes to winning matches. Vader should progress here.

IC...convince me beyond doubt that Jericho beating both Rock and Austin...like 2 of the top 5-10 guys of all time...in one night has no redeeming quality in comparison to the pain that Vader can bring and my vote will go to Vader.

I think that this match could go either way. However I voted Jericho because, he simply has more in the tank than Vader. Sure Vader will get the early pinfalls due to his strength but Jericho will outlast him when Vader starts getting tired, Jericho capitalises. So yeah Jericho wins in the end just managing to outlast Vader

IC...convince me beyond doubt that Jericho beating both Rock and Austin...like 2 of the top 5-10 guys of all time...in one night has no redeeming quality in comparison to the pain that Vader can bring and my vote will go to Vader.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIE1vg0oGFI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIE1vg0oGFI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Notice how Jericho won both those matches via interference? The Rock was about to hit The People's Elbow, which in all likelihood would have ended the match. So that right there means that on his own merit, Jericho shouldn't have been in the match against Austin. Then he won the Austin match after Austin was hit in the head with the title belt. Both matches weren't won because of Jericho's ability. Both were won because he had help. If you want to say Jericho is going to have help against Vader, by all means say so, but if it's one on one, it's all Vader all the way.

Señor Truth;2072848 said:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIE1vg0oGFI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIE1vg0oGFI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Notice how Jericho won both those matches via interference? The Rock was about to hit The People's Elbow, which in all likelihood would have ended the match. So that right there means that on his own merit, Jericho shouldn't have been in the match against Austin. Then he won the Austin match after Austin was hit in the head with the title belt. Both matches weren't won because of Jericho's ability. Both were won because he had help. If you want to say Jericho is going to have help against Vader, by all means say so, but if it's one on one, it's all Vader all the way.

Good point. I thought about that after the post. But I'm thinking if interference worked for Jericho the first time...surely he'd do it against Vader if need be. Could Vader fight off the interference and still crush Jericho is the question.

The man with 1004 moves all day!

Eventhough neither have competed in a match like this, I have to give the advantage to Jericho. I mean, he is the only man to ever defeat The Rock and Steve Austin in the same night to capture the Undisputed Championship.

So you think Big Van Vader can stop Jericho?

Jericho advances to the next round. Case closed.

The probably what Jericho won this is of 85% and the probably that Vader won this match is of 60%.

and Vader have more experience that jericho

I'm forced to wonder if Jericho won this match thru cheating like was attempted against Austin. I hope not, but Vader clearly should have won. Jericho has literally NO advantage in this match, other then being faster.

Why are we still posting in this thread? This match is over and has been for quite some time.

Why are we still posting in this thread? This match is over and has been for quite some time.

Because the Jericho supporters have been called into question. I think it's a valid discussion point. I only threw the statements about Vader's advantages to prevent it from being labelled "spam."

Vader is stronger, more burtal, just as good cardio wise, and is also very quick and agile for his size, not to mention hard to put down. The attrition he would put Jericho through would render Jericho nearly dead by the end of this match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back