For the second week in a row, Kelly Kelly shows improvement..

It doesn't surprise me that most people here would not give credit to Kelly Kelly.

People on here gave the women credit its just that people don't feel like her improvements are good enough to be given high praise as if she is really just outstanding now when she isn't. Her improvements are just minor not even worth mentioning to be foreal.

It seems that, in the minds of the IWC, there are two types if divas- those who are very attractive but can't wrestle, (Eve, Bellas, KK), and those who are not a s attractive, but can wrestle (Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Karma).

Well I can't speak for everyone but IMO there is actually 3 types of divas, those who are very attractive but can't wrestle (Eve, Bellas, KK), those who are very attractive & can wrestle (Trish, Lita, Victoria, Mickie James & those who are not as attractive, but can also wrestle (Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Karma)

I think that whenever a diva who has model-looks debuts in WWE, the IWC automatcially think that she will be useless. Maybe this is the brainwashing that Vince has done over the years, presenting divas as "pounds of flesh" in the Attitude Era, combined with the main demographic of wrestling (males 18-34) having "woman" issues. I bet the IWC fell off its chairs when Trish actually started to put good matches together.[/
QUOTE]

Again can't speak for everyone but I don't think most fans that enjoy women wrestling automatically think that a pretty face equals useless. It's the fact that when they get in the ring, suck & take years to only have little to no improvement is when we think they are useless. Like I said in my other post YOU CAN'T TAKE YEARS GETTING GOOD!!! If Vince wonts some of the divas to just be eye candy well that is fine but don't put there ass in the ring & have them pose as sports entertainers when you already have a set of women that are talented enough to put on good matches. Nobody wants to see a bunch of pretty girls in the ring pussyfooting around acting like they are tryn not to get hurt cause they don't know what the hell they are doing winning championships taking up tv time. Raw & Smackdown shouldn't be the place for the inexperienced talents it suppose to be for those who are truly ready to entertain us on an acceptable level.

Hold on hold on hey we're actually discussing the divas division. The IWC always had this male only persona. Paul Heyman was right Kharma did make an impact

As others have stated you can't take 5 years and now say someones improving. After 5 years doesn't make sense.

PS to the person who posted that I can't blow my load in 5 minutes ummmm PAUSE

Kelly Kelly is great, really, shes more of a new generation Trish Stratus, shes improving and shes being build as one of the hottest or most beautiful women in the world ever since landing a ranking in Maxim's top hot 100 women, and she has alot of charisma, plus wait tell she turns heel she'll get a better character, you guys aren't b!tching about Gail and Natayla having 0 character now aren't you?, so stop being hypocritical and except her as the new face of the divas division.

Good Lord... KK is not that great. She was brought to Raw to be the Barbie Doll that Kharma is going to destroy. That's the only reason KK is getting this much of a push. It's to help push and develop Kharma. That's it. She has improved, but she's still not that great by any means. I'm guessing they are going to save Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma for a bigger show than Raw. Summer Slam at the very least, if not Wrestlemania.

Meh i don't really care to watch kelly kelly to much because she doesn't really do as much technical stuff as much as just brawling....

That's true, but what she's gotten better at is working a match. I don't see any of the divas using technical wrestling in their repertoires because that's not what the company wants of them. But Kelly is at least athletic, especially when you compare her to past divas like Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler and Sable, who looked so out of place in an wrestling ring (or is it an "entertainment ring?") that it was embarrassing, especially when they tried to sell each other's moves.

As a benefit of her five years experience, Kelly has learned how to move around the ring and follow the choreography set up for her and her opponent. Being easy on the eyes doesn't hurt, either.

But we're not going to see her exchanging hammerlocks with anyone soon. Not even true wrestlers like Gail Kim are doing that, so don't expect it of Kelly.

And, as someone said earlier, I would love to see them re-start the program with Drew McIntyre. There's something to be said for the best looking woman and best looking man in wrestling doing a "damsel in distress" program. Who knows, maybe Kelly will wind up saving Drew from Kharma.:rolleyes:

Good Lord... KK is not that great. She was brought to Raw to be the Barbie Doll that Kharma is going to destroy. That's the only reason KK is getting this much of a push. It's to help push and develop Kharma. That's it. She has improved, but she's still not that great by any means. I'm guessing they are going to save Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma for a bigger show than Raw. Summer Slam at the very least, if not Wrestlemania.

Didn't you read?, KK is Vinces' favorite diva so that's the reason shes getting her push, sad how you people keep making up stuff to make her sound bad.

It doesn't surprise me that most people here would not give credit to Kelly Kelly.

It seems that, in the minds of the IWC, there are two types if divas- those who are very attractive but can't wrestle, (Eve, Bellas, KK), and those who are not a s attractive, but can wrestle (Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Karma).

I think that whenever a diva who has model-looks debuts in WWE, the IWC automatcially think that she will be useless. Maybe this is the brainwashing that Vince has done over the years, presenting divas as "pounds of flesh" in the Attitude Era, combined with the main demographic of wrestling (males 18-34) having "woman" issues. I bet the IWC fell off its chairs when Trish actually started to put good matches together.

NO it's because she just can't wrestle period, like someone posted before she cant even run the ropes right, she slows down and gingerly comes off them with no speed( it might be she only weighs 105lbs)or force and only knows 4 moves, she is there only for her looks and Vince hoping she has a grandpa fetish.

you guys aren't b!tching about Gail and Natayla having 0 character now aren't you?, so stop being hypocritical and except her as the new face of the divas division.

!) this threads not about Gail and Natalya it's about KK and how she has shown so much improvement these last two weeks(out of 5 yrs)which she hasn't to alot of posters.

2)Gail and Natalya can actually wrestle and have way more character and personality then KK ever will. Natalya just had a title run not to long ago and it's no ones fault here that the WWE doesn't push Gail, she most likely had to many TNA title runs so she will never get a push.

I know Kharma held the TNA title to but now she is Vinces new big thing, and never left the WWE for another promotion like Gail did.

whoever compared KK to Trish needs to be slapped. If she were to be like Trish she would have improved after a year or so of debuting which SHE HASNT. she isnt even the prettiest girl. The Bellas, Maryse, Layla and Melina are all prettier. She has no distinct moveset. She didnt really sell the Kharma debut on RAW that great. Layla actually sold it better, and Michelle sold it WAY better. To compare her to Trish you must be like a 10 year old or something. Trish had 5 star matches ALL the time and won the womens title 7 times, something KK will never do because they retired the belt. boring body, okay face. Just an average lookin girl. when has KK ever main evented a RAW? thats something she will never do because she is not talented enough. The damn Bella twins have improved more than she has.

whoever compared KK to Trish needs to be slapped. If she were to be like Trish she would have improved after a year or so of debuting which SHE HASNT. she isnt even the prettiest girl. The Bellas, Maryse, Layla and Melina are all prettier. She has no distinct moveset. She didnt really sell the Kharma debut on RAW that great. Layla actually sold it better, and Michelle sold it WAY better. To compare her to Trish you must be like a 10 year old or something. Trish had 5 star matches ALL the time and won the womens title 7 times, something KK will never do because they retired the belt. boring body, okay face. Just an average lookin girl. when has KK ever main evented a RAW? thats something she will never do because she is not talented enough. The damn Bella twins have improved more than she has.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trish had five-star matches all the time?

Remember the mud-wrestling match against Stacy on "Raw" one night. All Trish did was chops.

Trish has also been a recipient of WMOTY. It was her and Bradshaw vs Jackie Gayda and Chris Nowinski in a mixed tag on Raw, and everyone mainly criticised the effort of BOTH women.

No-one always delivers five-star matches!

I think people are really diserlousoined about hwo good trish was in the ring, sure she is one of the better divas to ever be in a ring and she did put on a handfull of good matches, the one against Stephanie pops to mind, but she was also in a lot of bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad matches where she would do little more then chops until the chick kick &/or Stratusfaction.

Kelly Kelly has improved a lot as of late, I think the reason why is because she's getting her push and she want's to impress. She is showing a lot more emotion in the ring and is pulling off more impressive spots and bumps. She's far from perfect and is occasionaly reallllly slow but for the most part you see a Kelly Kelly with a clear aggresive streak these days, not to mention shes the hottest diva in the locker room. She's still not the best in ring diva, but she is probably the most popular Diva (bar Kharma) at the moment and as long as it keeps no talent hacks such as Marysee, The Bella Twins & Eve from having any ring time then all the better.

She has shown much better improvement than from last year when she was jobbing to Laycool for the women's title which she never got. She is very athletic but i wish that she would stop the head banging, it is just awful but otherwise shes great in the ring. She can sell very well, and it is pretty hard to look scared without overselling it, she actually looked like she was scared still at the sight of Kharma.

I had to create a username just so I can teach all you haters something about wrestling. For all you saying Kelly can't wrestle and doesn't deserve the title let me ask you this. What does Maryse, Eve, Brie Bella, Alicia Fox and even Layla have in common? Answer they were all divas champion and are not as good of a performer as Kelly, so if they could get the belt then so should Kelly. Everyone says her moveset is boring because she is all flash need to realize flashy moves appeal to the crowd, look at Rey, Morrison, Sin Cara, they are all flash and show no technical ability. Kelly is the only diva used for marketing and the ONLY diva who the crowd cheers for. Watch the Tag match on Raw and listen closely when Eve(2 time champion) comes out then listen when Kelly comes out. WWE is about who is marketable, who is over and entertainment not wrestling, Kelly falls into all three of those categories, so before comparing wrestling ability to others compare marketability, being over, and who the crowd finds entertaining(you hear Kelly chants during her matches, you don't hear the crowd chanting anyone else) and you haters will realize Kelly is becoming the top diva.

I had to create a username just so I can teach all you haters something about wrestling. For all you saying Kelly can't wrestle and doesn't deserve the title let me ask you this.What does Maryse, Eve, Brie Bella, Alicia Fox and even Layla have in common? Answer they were all divas champion and are not as good of a performer as Kelly, so if they could get the belt then so should Kelly. Everyone says her moveset is boring because she is all flash need to realize flashy moves appeal to the crowd, look at Rey, Morrison, Sin Cara, they are all flash and show no technical ability. Kelly is the only diva used for marketing and the ONLY diva who the crowd cheers for. Watch the Tag match on Raw and listen closely when Eve(2 time champion) comes out then listen when Kelly comes out. WWE is about who is marketable, who is over and entertainment not wrestling, Kelly falls into all three of those categories, so before comparing wrestling ability to others compare marketability, being over, and who the crowd finds entertaining(you hear Kelly chants during her matches, you don't hear the crowd chanting anyone else) and you haters will realize Kelly is becoming the top diva.

What exactly are you teaching us about wrestling? First and foremost Heel Divas almost always will win the title, even if its just once. No one will usually cheer for them because they are.. well... HEEL divas. They need a title win to build their character and get over... it doesn't necessarily mean that they deserve the title.

Kelly's moveset IS boring... it has the potential to get much better and she has improved in 5 years, yes but it shouldn't take 5 years for her to improve this little. What I will say is that Kelly entered the business at 19 and assuming she will be a WWE Diva for another 6-7 years since most Divas retire around the time they're 31-35, she has time.

The way I see it... on the male side of things, FLASHY is different from technical which is why its so amazing and cool to watch and new. With Divas, cartwheels and huge slaps and giant bulldogs and flashy finishers are ALL they have so when technicality becomes involved, it totally sets them APART.

I believe all the Divas have the potential to become way more then what they are and it isn't necessarily their fault. They aren't given the ball and the time to really showcase what they have and the fans will never get behind them because of it. Back then the girls could tough it out with the guys, there was more mixed tag action, more girls hitting guys and standing up to them, more riveting storylines involving the males as well, which is WHY those divas were on top and so important.

Kelly has potential... but so does everyone else. When the WWE decides to give Divas the opportunity to have more than 5 minutes in the ring and no promos and hand them back the ball to work on matches like street fights and backstage fights, we can start talking about top tier divas. Right now its just a matter of flavor of the month.

whoever responded to a comment, I dont even feel like bothering to ur name, but she was in the match with a debuting Jackie Gayda who couldnt wrestle for shit. You notice how she didnt wrestle like at all during her short career? Im not saying Trish was awesome all the time, but most of the time she was. How many one on one or important WM matches has Kelly been apart of? None. She's been around 5 years and has shown little for it. She dressed the same, makes the same boring entrance. I would rather watch Stacy Keibler who couldnt wrestle than watch her. At least Stacy and all the other divas of old had a nice body to look at. Seriously if she beats Kharma I might not watch RAW again because there are just some things that are just ridiculous and that would be over the top. But anyways Kelly is literally nothing more than a pretty face. If she left tomorrow no one would be upset. That is what makes the difference between her and Trish

:lmao:Since when does wrestling (yeah WWE i said wrestling) ability counts in WWE especially for the Divas? If the Bella Twins who by all accounts can't wrestle if their lives depended on it have the Diva's title why can't Kelly Kelly? She is ridiculously hot (so damn hot) she could have the title for 3 years straight and people won't be tired of it. If Wrestling (yeah WWE i said wrestling again so sue me) abillity counted gail kim would be champion by now.

:lmao:Since when does wrestling (yeah WWE i said wrestling) ability counts in WWE especially for the Divas? If the Bella Twins who by all accounts can't wrestle if their lives depended on it have the Diva's title why can't Kelly Kelly? She is ridiculously hot (so damn hot) she could have the title for 3 years straight and people won't be tired of it. If Wrestling (yeah WWE i said wrestling again so sue me) abillity counted gail kim would be champion by now.

Exactly that's what I've been saying on here and the other Kelly thread. Wrestling doesn't mean anything it's about who is over and marketable and Kelly is the only one that is over and is marketable. She is so over that I agree she could be champion for 3 years and people not get tired of it. And for the ones who like to look at wrestling ability then I'll tell them this she is better then divas like Eve, Maryse, Brie, Alicia, and even Layla and they were all champions.

Exactly that's what I've been saying on here and the other Kelly thread. Wrestling doesn't mean anything it's about who is over and marketable and Kelly is the only one that is over and is marketable. She is so over that I agree she could be champion for 3 years and people not get tired of it. And for the ones who like to look at wrestling ability then I'll tell them this she is better then divas like Eve, Maryse, Brie, Alicia, and even Layla and they were all champions.

Amen to that Brother. Wrestling skills should still matter though, but in Vince Mcmahon eyes all that counts is money, money and more money.

Amen to that Brother. Wrestling skills should still matter though, but in Vince Mcmahon eyes all that counts is money, money and more money.

The whole idea of running a business is to make money, people are quick to forget that. And frankly, if the Divas title truly drew any significant money, Vince would make it a focal point and build the champs. Maybe the arrival of Kharma will do something for it, one can hope.

But even in the olden days, Moolah was a once every few months attraction, at least on TV.

Kelly is decent, she's good looking, but she has zero personality, like most of the Divas. That's what holds her down.

The whole idea of running a business is to make money, people are quick to forget that. And frankly, if the Divas title truly drew any significant money, Vince would make it a focal point and build the champs. Maybe the arrival of Kharma will do something for it, one can hope.

But even in the olden days, Moolah was a once every few months attraction, at least on TV.

Kelly is decent, she's good looking, but she has zero personality, like most of the Divas. That's what holds her down.

True running a buisness is about making money but it souldn't be the whole purpose. Kharma is only there because she is the anti-diva, i.e she is huge, tall and can wrestle. If you think that Kharma is there to shape up the Diva division, wake-up ans smell the coffee. She can't wrestle Natalya, Beth Pheonix or Gail kim all the time because it will get old quick, so she will most likely do the same thing Chyna did and wrestle men.

By the way in what world does a diva need to have a personality in WWE? Kelly Kelly is hot as hell ( so damn hot) she doesn't need personality to get over. People (men 18 and over) will pay big money to see her in the ring. If personality and wrestling (yeah WWE i said wrestling so sue me) ability counted for them Gail Kim would be champion by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back