• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For The Better?: Christian

Kanye South

YEP YEP YEP WHAT IT DO
Everyone says how Vince hates Christian, but does he? Think about it. It's pretty obvious that Christian was supposed to be the one who cost Jeff Hardy the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble and return as a heel. He would have reunited with Edge, and faced Jeff Hardy at Wrestlemania 25 in a grudge match. Okay, then what? What do you do then? You wouldn't move him away from Edge, as that's what got him released in the first place, and he wouldn't get pushed over Edge because Edge has more talent. I mean, look at the facts: Edge is a nine-time World Champion. Christian....well Christian went to TNA. Now if Christian stayed with Edge on Smackdown, we would have Edge and Christian reunited and they might have fucked some shit up on Smackdown, they might have won the Unified Tag Titles, Christian might have been US Champion, but at the end of the day Christian would have once again took a backseat to Edge and it just would have been a funnier version of La Familia.

However, he returned on an edition of ECW as a face. Since then, he has become very over with the fans, a two-time and current ECW Champion, and the face of ECW. Now if the year continues as it's going, Christian will steadily become more and more over, ironically sort of like Jeff Hardy. If that indeed happens, then I can see Christian being drafted to Smackdown, and being at least a transitional champion if somebody gets injured.

People say Vince hates Christian, but is his position on ECW for the better?

I may be in the minority here, I'm not completely sure. However, I believe Christian is, and has been better off, in ECW.

In his redebut, Christian was immediately in the spotlight as a top babyface in ECW. There is certainly no room for Christian as a top babyface on SmackDown!. While RAW is in desperate need of a main event scene change, SmackDown! is doing amazing without Christian. A reunion with Edge may have a lot of attitude-era fans salivating, but we must think of alternatives. In Christian's first run, he was in Edge's shadow. Keeping the two seperate for the time being can allow Christian to evolve into his own persona.

First of all, Christian did not get released, he left on his own! WWE was willing to pay him a very hefty sum to convince him to stay. But other wise your, but IMO Christian is the more talented as he is slightly better in the ring and just totally demolishes Edge as far as mic skills go. And even as a major Christian fan I agree Vince doesn't "hate" him. Well yeah. :p

Christian going to ECW was good for ECW. It wasn't bad for him either but it wasn't great. Christian could have feuded with Hardy and teamed with Edge or Jericho. As far as being in Edge's shadow that doesn't matter because Edge was feuding with the same people Jeff Hardy and John Cena and is injured now so Christian could be in the main event with CM Punk, Hardy, Jericho or whoever. Christian doesn't even have to be in the main event he could feud with Mysterio it would still be interesting. Face it I know ECW doesn't have much main event talent but neither does Smackdown considering Edge is injured and Jeff Hardy may/may not resign. Even if Hardy stays all you have is Hardy/Punk. That's it. Morrison and Ziggler are getting pushed but aren't ready for the main event yet. You will have Matt Hardy returning but after WWE jobbed him out on Raw what kind of impact will he have. You have the Undertaker coming back and that's it. Why wouldn't Smackdown be a good place for Christian? Just replace him with someone like Kane or someone that isn't doing shit on Smackdown anyways.

While I would still love for Christian to eventually move to Smackdown!, reach main event status, and hopefully hold the World Title, he belongs on ECW, at least for the time being. He is by far the most over person on that brand, and is pretty much carrying it himself, especially after the trade took a few other stars (by ECW's standards) from ECW. He's a big fish in a small pond right now, and is doing very well as the face of a brand.

Expect him to be drafted to Smackdown! in the draft next year, where he can prove whether he is main event worthy or not. He should do well, as long as he isn't put on Raw, where he would be lost in the shuffle.

Christian is just too small to be a major player on Raw or SD. He just doesn't have the look of a WWE top guy. One shot appearances every once in a while wit Edgr would be fine, but them tagging full-time won't benefit either of them.

Leave him on ECW. If they brought one or two more interesting veterans over it just might be watchable.

Overall I think that Christian is better off where he is. I really wish that it would have been revealed that it was Christian behind the attacks on Jeff. With that said. I think that he might have gotten lost in the scuffle with everyone.

In the long run, I think that he will remain ECW champion for awhile. Grow a little more with the fans and then be moved to a higher show. Getting more spotlight and start contending with bigger talent. I really do see a Christian Edge feud in the future.

Christian is just too small to be a major player on Raw or SD. He just doesn't have the look of a WWE top guy. One shot appearances every once in a while wit Edgr would be fine, but them tagging full-time won't benefit either of them.

Leave him on ECW. If they brought one or two more interesting veterans over it just might be watchable.

Completely disagree with this guy. I can see where you're coming from, but I really feel as if we're moving out of this era of solely big men dominating the upper portion of the card. Christian is surely no less muscular than the man that's holding the World Heavyweight Championship, in Jeff Hardy. He's surely no smaller than CM Punk, and certainly he's bigger than Rey Mysterio. So I don't see your argument that he's too small for Smackdown or Raw.

Now then, as it pertains to his current position; he's the marquee of ECW. Without him, many people wouldn't have much interest in watching, at all. So he's pretty much needed as is. I feel as though he could thrive on a Smackdown right now, especially when it's possible that they could be in dire need of faces soon on Smackdown. He could succeed, if the WWE ever needed him to make the switch. However, he's pretty much needed on ECW, as he's the only captivating long term option from a face standpoint they got

Completely disagree with this guy. I can see where you're coming from, but I really feel as if we're moving out of this era of solely big men dominating the upper portion of the card. Christian is surely no less muscular than the man that's holding the World Heavyweight Championship, in Jeff Hardy. He's surely no smaller than CM Punk, and certainly he's bigger than Rey Mysterio. So I don't see your argument that he's too small for Smackdown or Raw.

Christian is WAY smaller than Punk, and Jeff Hardy is that once a decade small guy that can be a world champion, an underdog...like Shawn Michaels. Christians in ring ability is nowhere near Hardys. Oh and I don't expect huge monsters to dominate the main event scene, I just want a guy who doesn't look like an independent star.

And Mysterio was only given the belt because of Eddie, and honestly that was the worst time in SD history.

Christian is WAY smaller than Punk, and Jeff Hardy is that once a decade small guy that can be a world champion, an underdog...like Shawn Michaels. Christians in ring ability is nowhere near Hardys. Oh and I don't expect huge monsters to dominate the main event scene, I just wan't a guy who doesn't look like an independent star.

And Mysterio was only given the belt because of Eddie, and honestly that was the worst time in SD history.

Umm actually Christian is taller and weighs more than Punk. Anyways onto the topic. I think the reason he was put onto ECW was to build him up and because without Christian on ECW right now, I don't think that many people would watch. Christian better be drafted to Smackdown next year. Hopefully he'll get a world title run on Smackdown but that won't happen for a looooooooooong time.

Christian is WAY smaller than Punk,

Um.... Dude, Christian is 6'2" and 227.... Punk is 6'1", and 220. So before you try to call me out on something, maybe you should really do your research, before you really wind up looking like a jackass.

and Jeff Hardy is that once a decade small guy that can be a world champion, an underdog...like Shawn Michaels.

Um.... once a decade?

Ok, then..... Wrestler's in the last ten years alonethat were smaller than Jeff Hardy that had won world championships, either with WCW, TNA, or the WWE.

Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
Bret Hart (Same Height)
Scott Steiner (Yep, same height)
Jeff Jarrett

Do I really need to go on?

Christians in ring ability is nowhere near Hardys.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

..... Oh, you're not joking....

Oh and I don't expect huge monsters to dominate the main event scene, I just wan't a guy who doesn't look like an independent star.

Um.... You know what CM Punk was before he came to the WWE?

A fucking indy star!

My God, are you even looking up half this shit before you say it?

Um.... Eddie's three inches shorter than Christian pal.

Look, I'm just saying, as a rule, you really want to do your research. I will fucking call you out. And make you look foolish

i think that Christian is in the perfect spot. It is my belief that he is what ECW needs to make it more legitimate. The title's prestige has increased greatly since he started feuding over it and since he is a big fish in a small pond, he can keep getting that title. He is already massively over, is a legitimate main eventer, and helps bring up ECW and the title.

Christian is a perfect fit on ECW.

When Christian first made his return to ECW I think people were pissed because they (myself included) thought he was set up to be revealed as Edge's accomplice in his quest against Jeff Hardy and thus go to Smackdown. That obviously didn't happen as he was sent to ECW...instantly we had people cursing WWE and their evil decision to send a star of Christian's calliber to the so called 'C' show, "this is Christian for God's sake!!!" many said, "how can he possibly be on ECW?!"

However, while I still hold true to my belief that Christian will one day migrate from the Tuesday night show, admittedly my eagerness to see him move has thawed. I've become used to seeing him on ECW and I think he is the star ECW needed to help raise its profile....Christian isn't a mega star (by WWE standards) but nonetheless he is well over and is easily the face of the brand, he has a fantastic work rate and is capable of putting on great matches with almost anybody, added to that he is not afraid of putting people over. Simply put Christian is a valuable asset to the ECW brand and I respect his patience and willingness to work on that brand....hopefully his good work on ECW will be rewarded in the future with a spot on either RAW or Smackdown but at the moment he's fine where he is.

Um.... once a decade?

Ok, then..... Wrestler's in the last ten years alonethat were smaller than Jeff Hardy that had won world championships, either with WCW, TNA, or the WWE.

Chris Benoit
Eddie Guerrero
Rey Mysterio
Bret Hart (Same Height)
Scott Steiner (Yep, same height)
Jeff Jarrett

Okay TNA sucks so you can scratch Jarrett off of this list immediately. world championships from that league are a joke, and Jarrett would never have been a champion with WWE attitude issues or not.

And I'm not just talking about height here, Im talking about overall build. Christian looks scrawny, plain and simple. Again he does not have the look of a WWE main eventer. To try and tell me that he is the same size as Benoit and Steiner is ridiculous.

Mysterio SUCKED as champ because it was too unbelievable.

I suppose next you are gonna tell me that since Cena and Christian are the same height that you can compare their "WWE" look?

Bullshit.

The only jackass here is you for fooling yourself into believing your last post.

Reactions: gd
Okay TNA sucks so you can scratch Jarrett off of this list immediately. world championships from that league are a joke, and Jarrett would never have been a champion with WWE attitude issues or not.

And I'm not just talking about height here, Im talking about overall build. Christian looks scrawny, plain and simple. Again he does not have the look of a WWE main eventer. To try and tell me that he is the same size as Benoit and Steiner is ridiculous.

Mysterio SUCKED as champ because it was too unbelievable.

I suppose next you are gonna tell me that since Cena and Christian are the same height that you can compare their "WWE" look?

Bullshit.

The only jackass here is you for fooling yourself into believing your last post.

TNA is the #2 wrestling company in the world and you're calling it a joke? If you believe that, then you don't know what a joke is.

Christian does not look scrawny at all. He has a somewhat similar build to Edge and he has been pretty successful. How do you know what the look of a main eventer should be? Does Hardy have the look of a main eventer because he is one? How about that CM Punk guy?

Christian does have a similar build to Benoit and they are about the same size. I believe Tenta was using the Christian/Steiner comparison in terms of height. Just because you are small doesn't mean you don't have the look of a main eventer.

Vince trusts Christian to be the top guy on ECW and he is doing a good job. He is having good matches and when it is time for him to make the jump to RAW or Smackdown he will have success so it is great for Christian to start out on ECW.

I'm sorry, but aren't we talking World champions here? Yep, seemed to be the criteria, and Jeff is one. Even if we're not counting TNA, he still has some WCW Titles to his credit. So yeah, World Title. Admit it. You were simply wrong.

I'm not saying the same build... In terms of size, he's taller... You said he was smaller... Just putting a little damper on your argument there. Look, you can say what you will about Christian being "skinny", but the fact remains that a good portion of that same talent you love so much is his build. CM Punk's built like him, so's Jeff. And all you did was bring up that list of former champions, which, if you couldn't tell the factitious nature of me writing it as such, well then you're even more of a moron than I gave you credit for... And that's saying something

Mysterio SUCKED as champ because it was too unbelievable

Ahem... Christian's larger, and for that matter, it's not even that big a deal, as Christian is entertaining to the fans, and because of this entertainment he provides, Vince will eventually build him for a run on Smackdown or Raw.

Oh me, oh my, did I ever say Cena's name in the argument at all? Why no. Perhaps you should really just climb back from that hole you came from.

Look, newbie, I'm sure you have some fantastic thoughts and ideas, and all that good stuff, but maybe you should make like all newbies should, and just sit on the side, look real pretty, and just keep your mouth shut. Face it, when you break it down like I have, you realize that Christian is as large as a good portion of the main event scene on Smackdown. And now that you've been proven wrong, again, make like a good newbie, and just sit there.

Sit boy, sit.

Good boy...

Oh my how I love to watch a good noob owning. On to the topic, first of all, Christian was never released. He left on his own terms. Second of all, how does anyone know it was supposed to Christian to attack Jeff? What, because it was reported on the internet? Well gee, when does the internet get it wrong? Simply put, all signs pointed to Matt, whether the smarks believe it or not. I'm quite a fan of having him on ECW. Just think of how horrible ECW would be without him. We'd be stuck with Dreamer and Kozlov Main Eventing PPVs. Ugh.

Picture this, your "C Show" as some people put it is getting around the same ratings as your closest competitor. Now, they have a Main Eventer that's contract expired and you hired him. Now, you have to choose which show to put him on. Do you put him on your Main show? Heck no, there is already too much talent, and for some reason you can't bring more than three people into the main event scene. Do you put him on your Mid Card show? Perhaps, but you notice that your "C Show" needs to get more ratings, so you put your competitors FORMER main event employee on that show. Believe it or not, some people will follow that person and stop watching the other show. Even if people didn't normally watch the WWE over TNA, it would still bring viewers. IMO, it was a good business move.

Once Vince feels that there is sufficient talent to keep ECW at least near the ratings of TNA, then he will most likely bring Christian over to a "better" show. Hell, it may even be during the next televised draft. Who knows?

All I'm really trying to say is that Christian being in ECW is good for business, and that's what Vince cares about.

Look, newbie, I'm sure you have some fantastic thoughts and ideas, and all that good stuff, but maybe you should make like all newbies should, and just sit on the side, look real pretty, and just keep your mouth shut. Face it, when you break it down like I have, you realize that Christian is as large as a good portion of the main event scene on Smackdown. And now that you've been proven wrong, again, make like a good newbie, and just sit there.

Sit boy, sit.

Good boy...

Look I don't think Christian is Big Time player, plain and simple. I was just sharing my opinion on this in the first place. Yes I know Punk CAME from the indies, but he is fresh and a hell of a lot more exciting than Christian could ever be in the WWE in MY opinion. Sure the ECW thing works for him, but he would get lost in the shuffle on the big two brands.

Hardy is a small man, but he makes it work with his abilty to sell. Plus the guy rarely makes mistakes in the rin. From a promo standpoint he sucks, but there is something about him in the ME, it just works and he has the fan support.

We may not agree on this stuff but I do have a point

Look I don't think Christian is Big Time player, plain and simple. I was just sharing my opinion on this in the first place. Yes I know Punk CAME from the indies, but he is fresh and a hell of a lot more exciting than Christian could ever be in the WWE in MY opinion. Sure the ECW thing works for him, but he would get lost in the shuffle on the big two brands.

Hardy is a small man, but he makes it work with his abilty to sell. Plus the guy rarely makes mistakes in the rin. From a promo standpoint he sucks, but there is something about him in the ME, it just works and he has the fan support.

We may not agree on this stuff but I do have a point

Now this is a far better argument than anything you've used thus far. Two things that get on my nerves; seat of the pants facts, and flaming. Anyway, Christian is a better promo man, and is just as good in the ring. Saying Jeff rarely makes mistakes is pure fan idealism. Fact is, Chrisitian is as every bit sound in the ring, and on the mic, and has as much size as any of the guys currently dominating the Smackdown main event scene. So why don't you think he's worthy?

i just fail to see anything that great. The ring work is okay, but I just do not care about the character of his promos. I just don't see him looking credible against the blue and red ME scene, especially the Raw side. I am also heavily against him moving to Smackdown because I don't want it to turn into E&C vs. The Hardys for the unified tag titles. The WWE doesn't feature the type of brutality that these guys were known for in the past anymore. They are too worried about injuries. Plus, as I'm sure you will agree, I am sick of the same stuff being brought back over and over again. It never captures the same magic. The nWo, DX, etc...

Christian will always be overshadowed by Edge, much like Matt will by Jeff. Its the nature of huge tag-teams after they split

You know, I actually kind of agree with home boy here. It could be my Shelton Benjamin Syndrome flaring up, but I do get sick of hearing all the praise Christian gets. I like him, always have, but I truly think he is second tier talent. However, if he were on Smackdown, he WOULD be a Main Event player. His popularity, charisma, and the fact that he is recognizable would place him there by default if nothing else.

I personally love Christian. I think he is great on the mic and in the ring. I think ECW is good for him right now though. Although I would much rather him be on raw or smackdown because i rarely watch ecw. ecw is the one place where he will be almost a virtual lock to be on the card of every ppv. His ecw stint will soon be stale though because it will soon come off as hes accomplished everything he can there.

I think his size is a problem but since that isnt a huge factor in the wwe anymore (cm punk and jeff are both small) he deserves a main event push soon. I would personally love to see him win the rumble. I think jericho/christian at wrestlemania would make an amazing feud and match

Christian is one of the most valuable commodities the WWE has right now. He is over, the can depend on him, and he's got name recognition. I think it's a good sign they have started producing memorabilia for him (T-shirts, hats, etc.) because that just goes to show you that the hype machine is behind him. He is only the 2nd person to capture the ECW title multiple times since it's reincarnation.

The best part about Christian being on ECW is that he gets TV Time EVERY week. I was skeptical at first, thinking it was a clear demotion, but he's really ran with it. Instead of getting 3 minute matches on Raw so they can cram in backstage segments, he gets a nice promo slot AND a Main Event match that usually runs 10+ minutes.

If he leaves ECW, the natural place for him is Smackdown, as he fits in PERFECTLY there. If he got shipped to Raw, I would fear for him. He would end up in the middle-tier with guys like MVP, Mark Henry, and Jack Swagger, just praying for more than 5 minutes TV time each week.

On ECW, he's the show. People who don't even watch ECW know Christian, and cheer their heads off for him on PPVs. Trust me, he's great right where he is. Headlining a brand is hardly a bad thing.

We complain that Christian is not being utilized properly and that he shouldn't be on ECW, he is a good wrestler and in every thread, Christian ends up going to Smackdown! and possibly becoming World Heavyweight Champion.

We say that he is being used in a horrible way and that he shouldn't be degraded to being on ECW when he is a great wrestler.

But isn't it our fault?

I meen think about it, the Internet and website like Wreslezone an PWInsider found out that Christian was going to be the guy behind Jeff Hardy's constant attacks, that he would be the guy doing all that stuff, that was WWE's plan, he was going to go to Smackdown! and be a Top Heel while pushing Jeff Hardy to the status he is now, Top Face.

But then we found out, we put it up all over the Internet, saying how this was going to happen, blah blah blah, we knew it, and WWE knew we knew it.
So they threw us a curve ball, putting Christian on ECW and making Matt Hardy the attacker, thus surprising everyone.

So how can we complain that Christian is on ECW when were the reason why hes on ECW? If we didn't find out 3-4 weeks before WWE brought him back, then he WOULD be on Smackdown!, he WOULD be a Top Heel or Face, and he WOULD be in contention for either the Intercontinental or World Heavyweight Championships.

So is it our fault?

I Have to Yes to this because by us knowing, WWE had to throw a curve into this, keeping us surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back